Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

F1's biggest winners

A total of 15 of F1's 19 races are funded with government money. Last year governments invested an estimated $410.5m in the races and got a return of around 465% from the 1.5m spectators spending in the local area during the Grand Prix weekends. The governments also get promotion on a scale which isn't possible with any other annual sport as they use the races to advertise their countries to F1's 527m viewers and thereby drive tourism. The return governments get from F1 is almost unparalleled in the world of sport but so is their input.

Unlike most other major sports, F1 race promoters don't generally get to keep any of the revenue from trackside advertising or corporate hospitality which is sold during the Grand Prix. Neither do they get a share of the revenue from broadcasting the event. Money from these sources all flows to the sport's rights-holder the F1 Group.

The race promoters' sole source of income from a Grand Prix is ticket sales and this usually barely covers the hosting fee paid to the F1 Group. Most promoters would then be pushed into loss by the costs of running the race itself and obviously no one would be prepared to do it on this basis. This is where the governments step in.

The importance of government funding is highlighted in new research by F1's industry monitor Formula Money. Its data breaks down the income from and costs of hosting F1 races on permanent and street circuits. It is based on figures released by the race promoters as well as discussions with their managers.

Unsurprisingly, ticket sales bring in the lion's share of the revenue. On average, they comprise $22m of the $27m revenue for permanent circuits and $29.5m of the $32.5m brought in by races on city streets. With hugely popular races such as Singapore and Australia amongst them, street circuits get higher average attendance than races at permanent venues where Grands Prix in destinations such as Turkey and China have become famous for their empty grandstands. The higher attendance increases the street circuits' take from ticket sales but they lose out in other areas.

Many permanent circuits sell camping spaces with each slot going for around $65. Assuming 30,000 are sold per race, this brings in $2m. The remaining revenue sources are roughly equivalent for both street and permanent venues. They aren't all what you might expect though.

Venues get around 25% commission on food and drink sold at onsite stands. This brings in around $1m whilst selling premium parking slots makes around half that. Likewise, merchandise spaces go for as much as $25,000 with several sold at each race.

Even helicopter landing spots count towards circuits' revenues.

Less expected is that helicopter take-off and landing slots can bring in $1.5m. It is down to the huge number of high net worth personalities involved with and interested in F1. Indeed, the world record for the busiest airport on one day is Silverstone's heliport during the 1999 British Grand Prix when there were 4,200 aircraft movements. It now averages at around 1,500 per race with each slot charged at approximately $1,000.

Race costs differ widely between permanent circuits and street races with the latter being much more costly to organise. The biggest single cost is the fee paid to the F1 Group and this stands at around $30m for both street and permanent circuits. However, street circuits then have to pay approximately $8m to rent portable pit buildings, another $8m to buy safety fencing and barriers and $14m on renting grandstands. The high cost of renting seating areas for spectators has led promoters to look for innovative solutions such as racing through permanent sports stadiums as is being planned by the organisers of a South African Grand Prix in Cape Town.

The costs of renting grandstands, pits and fencing comes to a total of around $30m and accounts for the big difference in costs between street circuits and permanent venues. The other key costs are staff, marketing and vehicle hire which come to over $10m for both types of race. This gives permanent venues total annual costs estimated at $48m whereas street races have to pay around $87.5m. It leaves the permanent venues with an annual deficit of $21m with street races losing $55m. Singapore's government for example, is believed to be investing $60m in the race every year. Governments generally pick up these bills and there is good reason why they are prepared to pay more for street races.

With local landmarks in the background, viewers' attention is focussed on the destination just as much as it is on the race. It also allows loyal fans to return to the track months after the race has finished and stay at the site of famous on-track tussles. From an organisers' perspective, although the running costs are high, it takes less time to arrange since few permanent facilities need to be built. This gives their hosts quick access to the attractions of F1 and means that they have no fears of being left with a white elephant if they decide to quit when their contracts expire. In contrast, permanent circuits cost around $250m to build and are tough to re-purpose if required.

It is hard to say which governments make their money back over the race weekend alone. The reason for this is that each country has different rates of tax and it is through this that the governments make their returns. Tax in Hungary, where the last race before the summer break took place, is 25% and the economic impact of the race is estimated at a conservative $65m. This gives the government more than enough of a return to cover its $14.8m investment in the race. In contrast, Spain levies only 16% tax so the European Grand Prix would need to have an economic impact of $157.5m to cover the Valencia regional government's estimated $25.2m annual investment. However, it's economic impact is only believed to come to $75m so it would appear that the government makes a loss. But this is far from the end of the story.

The $75m economic impact last year was generated by the 83,443 spectators who visited the race. However, if just 0.2% of F1's 527m TV viewers last year alone decide to visit Valencia at some stage over the next decade as a result of watching the race then it would account for 105,400 visitors every year which would more than double the return on investment. It is tough to measure this effect, just as it is with any kind of advertising, but it is far from being unrealistic. There are few other types of promotion which could match that claim.

hmm...very interesting...
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mexico eyeing Formula 1 grand prix after 20-year hiatus
    Mexico is working on a plan to bring a Formula 1 grand prix back to the country after a hiatus of nearly 20 years.

@alliereyaz
    Thanks for making me the admin of facebook club, I hope I will be able to update that page regularly too. Your alteration to the pic is good just send it to @born2race and ask him to edit the original using your pic.

Also thanks for the article, it proves what I have said to another member that F1 is all about money and most track owners don't get any sort of profits from holding a race.

@m_waqas
    Looks like you are having problems with embedding video here, so here is a small advice when you want to share any video just check one thing whether that video is embed capable or not. This way you don't need to go through the whole process of embedding here and then finding out that the video is not embeded.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just posted temporary picture on facebook coz question mark annoying me. when born2race approved the picture the official picture will be displayed.
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was going through an album of mine when i came across this Toyota F1 Car which i spotted at Mall of The Emirates back then in 2009. There were also these 2 hot chicks in red standing next to the car promoting Toyota F1 Hope you guys will like it.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 28947 412991076960 520941960 4723777 6661395 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 28947 412991086960 520941960 4723778 4551272 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 28947 412991091960 520941960 4723779 6076166 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 28947 412991096960 520941960 4723780 7206082 n
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trulli 'not panicking' about his future in Formula 1
    Jarno Trulli says he is 'not panicking' about his future in Formula 1, the Italian claiming he is now focused on trying to turn his season around.

James Key says Sauber must react to Force India's charge to keep sixth place
    Sauber's technical director James Key says the Swiss squad has to react to the charge from rival Force India in order to keep sixth place in the standings.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@83

Irvine deserved as he won the championship. its not his fault that Shumi was out. he deserved the champion status. and it was unofficially denied by Furrrari

the thing which i hate is making God and give extra privileges whereas officially you are considering every one same. giving technical advantage is some thing else, players in team do this but snubbing others or degrade others is some thing else.

For mclearn i think there is nothing except dumb head, nincompoop himilton. )

i feel sad that once i was great fan of team mclaren. but now

i think F1 is not like as it was charming before.
    Fish only feels tasty when you catch it by your own and journey is only adventurous when you do it in a tough condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@born2race

nice collection and good pics. but where are chicks ?

sad Toyota gone. it was nice addition. also feel sad for Jaguar.

BTW did any one have pictures or have seen the live drive of A1 on Mall, Lahore?

i think the driver was Adam Khan
    Fish only feels tasty when you catch it by your own and journey is only adventurous when you do it in a tough condition.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@steve..

buddy how can i check whether vdo is embed-enabled or not ??..

10. 11-08-2011, 12:00 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

11. 11-08-2011, 12:02 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

12. 11-08-2011, 10:32 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

13. 11-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    not needed

14. 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

15. 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

16. 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

17. 11-08-2011, 11:57 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Iamhulk

already gave you infraction for off topic replies and u did again so its yr last warning.....dont do it again

Told hundred times..if some 1 posts anything wrong or misbehave ...just use report abuse button ...let the mods handle it...but if you reply and then you expect only infraction for him...it will be for both of you

Formula1 is one of those pages where we dont see off topic comments often so plz keep it different from other

@musafir

Its last warning for you as well....as you started the fire on last page........if you feel some 1 is misbehaving or posting against rules.....just use report abuse button and let us handle it

no infractions this time...

we dont want any member getting ban...but if some 1 wants to get ban then sure we will
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Genius83 & M_waqas: guys there is no harm in trying you know.. we still have about 8 races to go and all is not lost just yet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rozzzzz: give him infractions, delete his comments too , coz he started. tht will settle the score.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nashtrooper: where are u brother? its been quite while we havent seen you on this thread.

check out our facebook f1 page, we really need your input in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last night I went for a karting session at Dubai Autodrome. It was a 1.2 km circuit and karts had 13.5HP engines. The session was for 15 minutes and it was damn exhausting. After 15 minutes, I could hardly feel my hands and had no stamina to go for another session. Really made me appreciate what F1 drivers do. They drive much faster cars for much longer and also have to operate various buttons every lap. It was indeed a very enriching experience. Been watching F1 since more than 10 years but now I know what cornering really is about. I really wish we had a proper go karting track in Pakistan. We have X park here is lahore but the track is not up to proper standards. Would highly recommend go karting to all F1 lovers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ I would Love to Do That ... Lucky You
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can i smile? i hope it will not fall under the abusive behav.

ok i will not reply in this thread again but sorry to say, it went all immature and childish way and sorry the members behaved.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jeez View Post
    @Genius83 & M_waqas: guys there is no harm in trying you know.. we still have about 8 races to go and all is not lost just yet
    what are u talking about buddy??.. if u are talking about championship then i believe its over as long as VET keeps finishing in points..

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Last night I went for a karting session at Dubai Autodrome. It was a 1.2 km circuit and karts had 13.5HP engines. The session was for 15 minutes and it was damn exhausting. After 15 minutes, I could hardly feel my hands and had no stamina to go for another session. Really made me appreciate what F1 drivers do. They drive much faster cars for much longer and also have to operate various buttons every lap. It was indeed a very enriching experience. Been watching F1 since more than 10 years but now I know what cornering really is about. I really wish we had a proper go karting track in Pakistan. We have X park here is lahore but the track is not up to proper standards. Would highly recommend go karting to all F1 lovers
    awesome -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 .. no stamina left ?? really ??... did u race or it was just driving-along session..

i would love to do it myself..

btw, any pics ??

26. 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Musafir366 View Post
    ok i will not reply in this thread again
    You are free to reply again, but lets not point fingers or anything and just have a healthy discussion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    what are u talking about buddy??.. if u are talking about championship then i believe its over as long as VET keeps finishing in points..

awesome -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 .. no stamina left ?? really ??... did u race or it was just driving-along session..

i would love to do it myself..

btw, any pics ??
    Offcourse I raced. Secured 5th position out of total 7 drivers. My other friend came 6th. However I feel much better because I weigh around 110kg while my friend weighed around 80kg. The top 3 drivers were all 14-16 year old kids who hardly weighed 60kg and they had been karting for 1+ year. Weight plays a very very important role, as I witnessed how slow I was on the long straight relative to others. My fastest lap was 1:34.927 while fastest lap was 1:20:353.

As far as stamina is concerned, before starting I thought I could easily cart for 2 sessions i.e. 30 minutes as I had karted before at X park in Lahore but after 1 lap I realized it wasn't possible. X park has 7-8HP karts and a very small track meant for fun while Dubai Autodrome had a proper karting track and much powerful karts. To give you an idea, the kid who came first had been karting for 4 years. Even he opted to rest for 15 minutes before starting again. Even if someone is uber fit, I don't think he can kart for more than 30 minutes at a stretch (if he is racing).

The track and karts were beautiful! The track had uphill corners, downhill corners, chicanes etc and racing on it was a very beautiful experience! The karts were properly built and required precision driving. For the first time I realized how to take on corners; brake late entering into a corner and early on the power. If you dont follow the racing line and be hard on the brakes, you risk stalling and if you are early on the power you risk spinning out. Here are a couple of pics, which dont do complete justice but still

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -283860

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -283861

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -283862

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imhulk

both posts deleted not only yrs....

considering we have very few fans of Formula1 here on Pw we keep very easy on every 1

YOu are hamilton fan but remember its not hamilton or any other fan page..its F1 page.....and every 1 has their own favourite

So please stop looking for who is abusing hamilton or any other player...just try to convince him dont force

Secondly you are a very old member here you should be welcoming new members in this group instead of going in argument with them

look at other members...do they do anything like that .....

You being old member have more responsibility then a new comer in group

This is last time i m explaining it....I dont want this page to become dirty and full of deleted posts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    we have 1 in pskiatan in ISlamabad...i did car runs on that track..with my g15 motor..did up to maximum of 100km/h and 50km/h turns

but carts we have here r of 15hp and 50hp...which can go up to 160km/h there

each cart costed 18 lakh...soo till its not open completely cant import more

soon it will be opening ..with proper license and stuff.....just cuz of CDA issues its not opening

Closed Thread

User Tag List