Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso says Schumacher right to return
    Fernando Alonso has defended old rival Michael Schumacher's decision to return to Formula 1 despite the Mercedes driver's lack of results during the past 18 months.

Heidfeld launches legal action against Renault over loss of drive
    Nick Heidfeld expects his Renault future to be resolved in three weeks after confirming that he has launched legal action against the team.

Hamilton fears he will have to play catch-up to Red Bull again next year
    Lewis Hamilton has backed Mark Webber's belief that Sebastian Vettel's era of dominance in Formula 1 is over for now - but fears the German could be back on top at the start of next season again.

Button believes McLaren is the team to beat at the Belgian Grand Prix
    Jenson Button believes McLaren will be the team to beat at this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

Heidfeld hoping High Court action can restore his Renault drive by Singapore
    Nick Heidfeld's manager Andre Theuerzeit remains hopeful that the German will be back in a Renault cockpit in time to race in Singapore, as he intends to bring his legal fight to force the team to honour the driver's contract before the London High Court next month.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    Webber believes that Sebastian Vettel will not dominate again in 2011
    Sebastian Vettel's single-handed dominance of Formula 1, which saw him win five of the opening six races of the year, has now come to an end as the season enters its final phase, reckons his Red Bull Racing team-mate Mark Webber.

Eat poop Mark Webber.

@genius83
    Great pics as always.
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius: i want lewis hamilton always on my timeline, but every time i have to search him.thn tweet him. how can i do this tht he always on my timeline??!!!
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Belgian Grand Prix

Montezemolo in Maranello: “Thank you Michael and very best wishes!”

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290176

Maranello –The Belgian Grand Prix weekend gets underway today, while back at Ferrari work continues apace, both on the racing side and on the commercial front. President Luca di Montezemolo arrived in Maranello this morning to get through a long list of meetings. First off, it will fall to Team Principal Stefano Domenicali to give an overview of the current Formula 1 situation, which involves going through a lot of points, starting in the very short term with the technical evolution of the 150º Italia, along with the mid and long-term plans, which means looking at the design project for the car that will tackle the 2012 season. On this subject, Domenicali already made clear over the past few days that the number one priority will be to ensure it is competitive at the highest level, right from the very first race. In the afternoon, Montezemolo will meet Managing Director Amedeo Felisa: on the agenda will be the launch of the 458 Spider, which will be officially unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in mid-September, as well as the state of play of future Ferrari cars.

The team arrived in Spa late on Wednesday afternoon and today, the engineers and drivers are already at the track to go through the job sheet for the race weekend. Here too there is plenty going on, as Friday’s three hours of free practice has now become the time to concentrate chiefly on evaluating new technical solutions as they get their first track test. The weather is always an unknown factor and the forecast for tomorrow is not that encouraging, but as usual at Spa, one will have to make a virtue out of necessity
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Belgian Grand Prix

Scuderia Ferrari Racing news

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290177

After the summer-break the season’s second part starts in Spa-Francorchamps where on the upcoming weekend this Championship’s 12th race is held. In an interview with Ferrari.com Stefano Domenicali talks about the race and the rest of the season, Luca Marmorini about the engine and the electronics for the Belgian GP. Another double interview with Andrea Stella and Rob Smedley, Alonso’s and Massa/s race engineers.

Belgian GP - Massa: “you come to Spa with a feeling of anticipation”

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290178

Francorchamps, 25 August -Felipe Massa arrived at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit from a Brazilian winter, to find the usual Ardennes mix of rain and sunshine. He also found that the media still look back to the last race, even coming after a long summer break, as he was asked about his strong performance in Hungary when he faced the press at the usual meeting in the Scuderia Ferrari motorhome. “My pace was very good in qualifying, in the race, even in the rain, but unfortunately, I lost control of the car, touching the white line which spoilt my race in Budapest,” said Felipe looking back almost one month. “But my overall performance at the last race means I feel confident for this weekend, at a track that I like a lot. I hope that we can have a much better final part of the season, starting with a good result here in Spa on Sunday. This is a fantastic track and you come to Spa with a feeling of anticipation and pleasure. It has plenty of high speed corners, which I enjoy, even if the famous Eau Rouge is not really a corner anymore in a modern Formula 1 car.”

Like everyone whose career crossed paths with that of Michael Schumacher, Felipe was asked for his recollections of the German who celebrates the twentieth anniversary of his Formula 1 debut this weekend. “I have many memories of Michael and one year I remember very well was 1994, when I still just a kid,” recalled the Brazilian. “Michael was a very strong competitor, leading the championship and he became already famous in Brazil, because he was a young guy, already being ahead of Ayrton Senna in the championship, giving him a hard time. So this made a well known name in Brazil. I don’t think I can say that Michael was quicker than Senna, because you only have to look back at Ayrton’s qualifying performances, but I would put them both at the same level. Michael has had the most incredible career which is unmatched in Formula 1 and his record is really amazing: a twentieth anniversary is very important and I am happy for him that he has reached it, but I think his record in terms of what he achieved, wins, poles etcetera, is more significant than the number of years. What do I wish him for this weekend? For sure, I hope he has a good race, but behind me!

Belgian GP - Alonso: “still waiting for a victory here”

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290179

Francorchamps, 25 August – Fernando Alonso was complimented by the media for looking fit and relaxed as he arrived for his usual Thursday press session here in Belgium this afternoon. “Yes, I enjoyed the break,” explained the Scuderia Ferrari driver. “As the rest of the season involves six races outside Europe which will demand a lot of travelling which adds to the stress, these past few weeks have been useful to relax a bit. In terms of performance, the break makes no difference, so I hope we can continue with the trend established in July, being more competitive. Here at Spa, a track that is very different to Budapest, we will be trying to confirm that the car is still competitive, trying to get a fifth consecutive podium. I am still waiting for a victory here, as it is one of a couple of circuits where I have not won, so why not this year in Spa? It’s a fun circuit to drive with all types of corner and we all love to race here. I have great memories from victories in Formula 3000 here, but in Formula 1, so far I have not been good enough to win.

There are still eight races remaining but the points situation in both championships is not easy for the Scuderia, but Alonso has certainly not lost heart. “There is no doubt it is extremely difficult to close the gap, but we will fight while there is a mathematical chance,” said the Spaniard. “We have seen strange things happen in Formula 1 and with the current points system, the situation can change dramatically in two or three races. We will not give up with so many points still on the table and we will be trying to win every race. We have nothing to lose now, so we can take more risks and be more aggressive in terms of race strategy for the rest of the season.”

Inevitably, on the weekend that Schumacher celebrates the 20th anniversary of his F1 debut, Alonso was asked for his earliest memories of the German champion. “I first became aware of Michael in ’94 and unfortunately, it was because of Ayrton’s accident, because obviously Michael was leading that race [San Marino Grand Prix.] In Spain at that time, we did not have regular F1 TV coverage, so I did not know much about the sport. As I have said many times, I have a lot of respect for Michael who is one of the greatest, or the greatest in our sport: the numbers are there and they will never be repeated and for me it is a great pleasure to drive with him over all these years and I will always remember the battles we had. It is a privilege to drive against him.”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Michael Schumacher tops practice with early lap before rain hits Spa
    Michael Schumacher started his 20th anniversary celebration weekend in appropriate style by leading the opening practice session at Spa, as Formula 1 resumed after its summer break, but the position was somewhat deceptive as only the Mercedes managed laps in the dry.

Code:
    Belgian GP Practice Session 1
    Pos  Driver              Team/Car              Time       Gap        Laps
     1.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes              1m54.355s             13
     2.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes              1m54.829s  + 0.474s   15
     3.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes      2m02.740s  + 8.385s   8
     4.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault      2m03.752s  + 9.397s   10
     5.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes      2m04.301s  + 9.946s   7
     6.  Adrian Sutil        Force India-Mercedes  2m04.663s  + 10.308s  18
     7.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari               2m04.728s  + 10.373s  10
     8.  Rubens Barrichello  Williams-Cosworth     2m05.391s  + 11.036s  12
     9.  Jaime Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari    2m06.583s  + 12.228s  16
    10.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari        2m06.886s  + 12.531s  15
    11.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari               2m07.055s  + 12.700s  12
    12.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari        2m07.481s  + 13.126s  15
    13.  Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Renault         2m08.233s  + 13.878s  14
    14.  Sebastien Buemi     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    2m08.239s  + 13.884s  14
    15.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Cosworth     2m08.918s  + 14.563s  10
    16.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault      2m09.792s  + 15.437s  8
    17.  Timo Glock          Virgin-Cosworth       2m12.278s  + 17.923s  13
    18.  Tonio Liuzzi        HRT-Cosworth          2m12.389s  + 18.034s  10
    19.  Jerome D'Ambrosio   Virgin-Cosworth       2m12.772s  + 18.417s  13
    20.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes  2m13.058s  + 18.703s  8
    21.  Karun Chandhok      Lotus-Renault         2m13.090s  + 18.735s  11
    22.  Vitaly Petrov       Renault               2m13.601s  + 19.246s  10
    23.  Bruno Senna         Renault               2m14.340s  + 19.985s  7
    24.  Daniel Ricciardo    HRT-Cosworth          2m14.933s  + 20.578s  11

Michael Schumacher ready to silence critics says Mercedes chief
    Michael Schumacher is ready to silence his critics and surprise onlookers soon with his form, reckons Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug.

Sutil not hurrying 2012 discussions with Force India
    Adrian Sutil thinks it is still too early to start thinking about his plans for next year, despite Force India's ever-improving form making the outfit an attractive option for 2012.

Michael Schumacher gets new race engineer at Mercedes
    Michael Schumacher's race engineer at Mercedes has changed, with his former assistant race engineer Peter Bonnington taking over the role from Mark Slade.

Blanchimont too fast to keep DRS open - Hamilton
    Lewis Hamilton doubts he will be able to tackle the high-speed Blanchimont corner with his Drag Reduction System (DRS) engaged at this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix as he will sacrifice too much downforce to make the exit.

Kobayashi: Improving Force India a threat to Sauber's position
    Kamui Kobayashi believes Sauber will need to lift its game over the remainder of the season if it is to stave off the threat of the ever-improving Force India outfit.

'Not our favourite circuit' - Vettel
    Sebastian Vettel says that Spa-Francorchamps is not Red Bull's "favourite circuit", but that he still thinks the RB7 will be strong.

Easier for Alonso to hunt Vettel - Button
    Jenson Button believes Fernando Alonso could be the best-placed driver to overhaul Sebastian Vettel's huge championship lead, as his Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa is out of the fight.

@Iamhulk
    Bro, I think you have to subscribe to his twitter to account to get his twitter when ever he twit it and also send him a request to subscribe to your twitter account so that he can replies your twit too.

If it will not work then sorry as I don't have idea how else can you do what you want to do.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel not concerned by win drought
    Sebastian Vettel says he is not worried by the fact that he has not won since the European Grand Prix - as his main rivals predict that the fight at the front of the grid is going to be ultra-close until the end of the campaign.

Webber quickest for Red Bull between showers in Spa practice
    Red Bull's Mark Webber hit the front as the Formula 1 field managed a few minutes of dry running in the second free practice session for the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

Code:

Belgian GP Practice Session 2
    Pos  Driver              Team/Car              Time       Gap       Laps
     1.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault      1m50.321s            22
     2.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari               1m50.461s  + 0.140s  18
     3.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes      1m50.770s  + 0.449s  9
     4.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes      1m50.838s  + 0.517s  9
     5.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari               1m51.218s  + 0.897s  14
     6.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes              1m51.242s  + 0.921s  22
     7.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari        1m51.655s  + 1.334s  20
     8.  Nico Hulkenberg     Force India-Mercedes  1m51.725s  + 1.404s  17
     9.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes  1m51.751s  + 1.430s  8
    10.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault      1m51.790s  + 1.469s  13
    11.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes              1m51.922s  + 1.601s  22
    12.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Cosworth     1m52.750s  + 2.429s  20
    13.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari        1m52.780s  + 2.459s  25
    14.  Jaime Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m52.911s  + 2.59 s  24
    15.  Sébastien Buemi     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m53.009s  + 2.688s  24
    16.  Rubens Barrichello  Williams-Cosworth     1m53.156s  + 2.835s  17
    17.  Bruno Senna         Renault               1m53.835s  + 3.514s  20
    18.  Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Renault         1m55.051s  + 4.730s  20
    19.  Timo Glock          Virgin-Cosworth       1m55.494s  + 5.173s  22
    20.  Heikki Kovalainen   Lotus-Renault         1m56.202s  + 5.881s  15
    21.  Jerome D'Ambrosio   Virgin-Cosworth       1m56.816s  + 6.495s  20
    22.  Tonio Liuzzi        HRT-Cosworth          1m57.450s  + 7.129s  19
    23.  Daniel Ricciardo    HRT-Cosworth          1m57.612s  + 7.291s  24
    24.  Vitaly Petrov       Renault               2m02.234s  + 11.913s 12
    Vettel says Spa showers prevented any worthwhile running in Spa practice
    World championship leader Sebastian Vettel admitted there was little to be learned during Friday practice at Spa, with only a few minutes of dry running across the two sessions.

Schumacher enjoys poignant day as 20th anniversary weekend starts
    Michael Schumacher said being on track at Spa-Francorchamps 20 years on from his debut weekend in Formula 1 was still a special experience even though Friday practice for this year's Belgian Grand Prix was largely a wash-out.

Hamilton says he was lucky to avoid a huge crash in Belgian Grand Prix practice
    Lewis Hamilton said he was lucky to avoid a huge accident during practice for the Belgian Grand Prix on Friday.

Chandhok frustrated as wet weather ruins another Friday practice session
    Karun Chandhok was again frustrated by the rain after wet conditions heavily restricted his running during Friday morning practice for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Petrov lost most of P2 after steering lock issue
    Vitaly Petrov was forced to sit out much of this afternoon second free practice session for the Belgian Grand Prix after his steering wheel locked in position while cornering.

Alonso disagrees with Hamilton's assessment of Red Bull's 2012 form
    Fernando Alonso does not agree with Lewis Hamilton's assessment that Red Bull will have a performance advantage over the field at the beginning of 2012, and said that he expects Ferrari to be on the pace from the start.

Heidfeld didn't deliver speed or leadership, says Renault team principal
    Renault boss Eric Boullier says the decision to replace Nick Heidfeld was made because the German had failed to gel with the team - and not delivered the leadership or speed that the Enstone-based outfit had hoped for.

Bruno Senna counting on wet qualifying for Renault debut at Spa
    Bruno Senna is hoping the rain continues for qualifying at Spa tomorrow as he fears his lack of dry running for Renault will otherwise be a major handicap as he makes his race debut with the team.

Positive first impressions for Massa at Spa
    Felipe Massa admitted it was difficult to draw many conclusions from a difficult start to the Belgian Grand Prix weekend that saw intermittent showers disrupt Friday's running.

Button hoping for dry running leading up to race
    Jenson Button said he was keeping his fingers crossed for some dry spells over the grand prix weekend after Friday's free practice was run almost entirely in wet conditions.

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Belgian GP: Preparation Pics Contd.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - d11bel192

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - d11bel150

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - d11bel165

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 610xja

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - schumacher 20 years helmet 530x395

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 183524
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Belgian GP: Friday Action Pics

Paul Di Resta
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314352876

Timo Glock
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314352890

Fernando Alonso
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314352903

Felipe Massa
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314352930

Adrian Sutil
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314352994

Sebastian Buemi
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314353109

Jarno Trulli
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314355822

Michal Schumacher
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314355853

Vitaly Petrov
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389318

Bruno Senna
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314355870

Mark Webber
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314355953

Daniel Ricciardo
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314357654

Pastor Maldonado
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314369923

Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314369909

Rubens Barrichello
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389531

Sergio Perez
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389451

Karun Chandhok
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314388952

Lewis Hamilton
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389045

Nico Rosberg
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389123

Heikki Kovalainen
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314369729

Nico Hulkenberg
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314388807

Kamui Kobayashi
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389438

Jerome D'Ambrosio
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314389505

Jaime Alguersuari
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314369951

Jenson Button
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314369113

Vitantonio Liuzzi
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1314388888
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius: i ve already add him on my friend list
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber Signs With Red Bull For 2012

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290560

Red Bull Racing is pleased to announce that Mark Webber’s contract has been extended for another year, meaning the Australian will continue to drive for the team in 2012.

Mark Webber said: “I want to continue racing at the top in Formula One so it’s no-brainer to remain at Red Bull Racing for another year. My motivation to achieve the best results possible both for myself and the team is still very high. Over the past five years, we have worked hard and proved that we can design and build a competitive and championship-winning car, and I’m looking forward to putting the car and myself on the limit again each and every race weekend in 2012.”
    Christian Horner said: “When we sat down and started talking about 2012, it was immediately obvious that Mark and the team wanted to continue our successful relationship. This meant agreeing an extension for 2012 was very straightforward. Mark knows the team well, having been with us since 2007, and his motivation, fitness and commitment is as high as it has ever been. The pairing of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel is a very strong one, they push each other hard and we are extremely happy the pairing will remain unchanged for a fourth season.”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Belgian GP

LOTUS RENAULT GP NEWS:

Bruno: “It’s going to be a big challenge”

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290578

It is going to be a big challenge to come back into the middle of the season – or a bit later than the middle of the season – into racing but I have been participating in all the meetings with the engineers so I have been very much up to date with what is going on in the team. The Friday in Hungary was very useful for me to get a feel for the car and get a feel for how the car can go. But, of course, it is going to be a big uphill battle to get up to the level of these guys who have been racing for 11 races now. The fact that it is here, in Spa, is very special. It is my favourite circuit and a circuit that historically I have done very well on so I am really looking forward to it. I hope I can progress fast and hopefully do a good job for these guys because it is the best way to appreciate the opportunity that they are giving me.

PRACTICE 1 - LOTUS RENAULT GP REPORT

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290580

Vitaly Petrov, R31-05 P22, 2:13.601, 10 laps

Bruno Senna, R31-01 P23, 2:14.340, 7 laps

Bruno Senna opened his Lotus Renault GP account alongside Vitaly Petrov at the renowned Spa-Francorchamps circuit in Belgium.

In damp conditions, both drivers started with the medium compound before switching to inters as weather conditions worsened.

The Brazilian set the session’s 23<SUP class=typo_exposants>rd</SUP> fastest time, completing a lap in 2min 14.340secs when on the intermediate tyres. It was following this that he slid off the track, as his car rear collided with the tyre wall, bringing a premature end to his session.

Meanwhile, his Russian counterpart finished one place ahead of him in 22<SUP class=typo_exposants>nd</SUP>. Vitaly took to the track and set a time of 2min 13.601secs also on the intermediate Pirelli compound.

On the 20<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> anniversary of his Formula 1 career, veteran Michael Schumacher set the fastest time of 1min 54.355s ahead of team mate Nico Rosberg and Britain’s Jenson Button.

PRACTICE 2 - LOTUS RENAULT GP REPORT

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290581

Bruno Senna, R31-01 P17, 1:53.835, 21 laps

Vitaly Petrov, R31-05 P24, 2.2.234, 12 laps

Bruno Senna emerged as the faster Lotus Renault GP race driver after ongoing variable weather conditions at the Spa Francorchamps circuit during the second practice session for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Bruno enjoyed a trouble-free run to set a 1min 53.835secs lap whilst Vitaly Petrov had his session curtailed as the team investigated an issue with the power steering system on his R31.

Bruno ended the day with the 17<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> fastest time of the session, despite being baulked when the circuit was drying; Vitaly missed out on setting a lap time on dry tyres due to his steering investigation, and ended the session with the 24<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> fastest time, set on intermediate tyres.

Both drivers used the soft slick Pirelli and the intermediate tyres, Bruno also used the wet tyre during the course of the 90 minutes.

On the eve of his 35<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> birthday, Mark Webber set the fastest lap time of the session, a 1min 50.321secs, ahead of Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button.

PRACTICE 3 - LOTUS RENAULT GP REPORT

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290593

Bruno Senna, R31-01 P9, 2:11.664, 14 laps

Vitaly Petrov, R31-05 P15, 2:13.290, 15 laps

Bruno Senna headed Lotus Renault GP team-mate Vitaly Petrov in Saturday morning’s FP3 session ahead of qualifying at Spa Francorchamps for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Bruno posted a time of 2min 11.664secs in difficult variable wet conditions, using Pirelli’s intermediate tyre. Vitaly posted a 2min 13.290secs using the same rubber specification.

The session start was accompanied by an intensification of rainfall at the Ardennes track, meaning that both of Pirellis rain tyres were used, the full wet followed by the intermediate.

On his 35<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> birthday, Mark Webber showed his birthday presence with the session’s fastest time, a 2min 08.988secs, heading Lewis Hamilton and Jaime Alguersuari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both Ferraris at bottom in practice 3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belgian GP Free Practice Session Three Times:

<TABLE title="Belgian GP free practice session three times"><THEAD><TR><TH>Rank</TH><TH>Driver Name</TH><TH>Team Name</TH><TH class=itv-last>Time </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>1</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Mark Webber</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Red Bull</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m08.988s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>2</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Lewis Hamilton</TD><TD class=f1-col3>McLaren</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m09.046s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>3</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Jaime Alguersuari</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Toro Rosso</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m09.931s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>4</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Jenson Button</TD><TD class=f1-col3>McLaren</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m10.257s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>5</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Sebastian Vettel</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Red Bull</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m10.402s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>6</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Sebastien Buemi</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Toro Rosso</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m10.580s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>7</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Nico Rosberg</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Mercedes</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m10.837s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>8</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Adrian Sutil</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Force India</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m11.437s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>9</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Bruno Senna</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Renault</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m11.664s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>10</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Michael Schumacher</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Mercedes</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m11.667s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>11</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Paul di Resta</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Force India</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m11.874s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>12</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Heikki Kovalainen</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Team Lotus</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m13.036s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>13</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Pastor Maldonado</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Williams</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m13.074s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>14</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Kamui Kobayashi</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Sauber</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m13.182s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>15</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Vitaly Petrov</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Renault</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m13.290s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>16</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Rubens Barrichello</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Williams</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m13.778s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>17</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Sergio Perez</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Sauber</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m14.334s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>18</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Jarno Trulli</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Team Lotus</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m14.682s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>19</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Jerome D'Ambrosio</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Virgin</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m17.159s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>20</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Timo Glock</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Virgin</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m18.039s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>21</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Daniel Ricciardo</TD><TD class=f1-col3>HRT</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m19.001s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>22</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Vitantonio Liuzzi</TD><TD class=f1-col3>HRT</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m19.597s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-odd "><TD class=f1-col1>23</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Felipe Massa</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Ferrari</TD><TD class=f1-col4>2m22.454s</TD></TR><TR class=" f1-even "><TD class=f1-col1>24</TD><TD class=f1-col2>Fernando Alonso</TD><TD class=f1-col3>Ferrari</TD><TD class=f1-col4>no time</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Practice 3: Webber still on top as conditions worsen

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -290597

Mark Webber showed he is in the kind of form to mark his new Red Bull contract with a strong Belgian Grand Prix showing by continuing to set the pace in final practice pace at Spa, as the wet conditions seen on Friday showed no signs of abating.

The dark clouds that had lingered over the famous circuit throughout the opening day had doused more rain onto the track overnight to ensure it was already going to be damp for the start of Saturday morning before a further cloud burst arrived to coincide with the start of the hour-long practice session.

This one was the most treacherous of the weekend so far and, as drivers completed some devilishly-slippery installation laps in the opening minutes, the 4.35-mile track soon became waterlogged and all-but ensured there was no running in the first half of the session.

Once the rain eased conditions did slowly start to improve and allowed drivers to complete some running, initially on the full wets before the intermediates were thrust into action for the final 15 minutes.

And it was birthday boy Webber, who set the pace in the brief window of dry running on Friday, who emerged on top in a time of 2m08.988s – a mighty 18s slower than his best lap from the opening day.

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, who had earlier experienced the conditions at their worst during his installation lap, moved up to second late on in a time a mere 0.058s slower than the lead Red Bull.

Toro Rosso were a feature at the top of the times on both full wet, and intermediate tyres, and Jaime Alguersuari hung on to third place ahead of the other McLaren of Jenson Button, who was heard over the radio complaining of balance problems with his MP4-26.

World champion Sebastian Vettel completed a couple of laps more than Webber but was 1.4s second back in fifth place, with the other Toro Rosso of Sebastien Buemi sixth and Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg seventh.

While Red Bull and McLaren limited their respective drivers’ running to under 10 laps in the tricky conditions Ferrari took an even more conservative approach which explained their unusual position at the foot of the order.

Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso did complete seven and five laps respectively but the former didn’t a representative time while his Spanish team-mate opted not to complete a full lap.

Like Toro Rosso, Force India showed a good turn of speed in the wet although Adrian Sutil slipped from the summit of the order to eighth ahead of the lead Renault of Bruno Senna, enjoying a strong session after a difficult Friday.

The Brazilian’s only noticeable slip came mid-way through the session when he ran straight through the chicane at Les Combes, before resuming to complete 14 laps.

Michael Schumacher rounded out the top 10 at the expense of Paul di Resta who had earlier pirouetted coming round Pouhon after straying onto the damp kerb.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber extends Red Bull Racing deal through 2012 season
    Mark Webber will remain with Red Bull Racing for 2012 after signing a one-year extension to his contract.

FOTA poised to finalise 2012 Formula 1 testing plans
    Formula 1 teams are to meet on race morning at the Belgian Grand Prix to try and finalise plans for the return of in-season testing in 2012.

Button: Ending Sebastian Vettel's qualifying advantage key to title bid
    Jenson Button believes that the Formula 1 title battle could be turned on its head if Sebastian Vettel's rivals can knock the German off the front row of the grid.

Webber sets the pace in final practice at Spa-Francorchamps
    Mark Webber was fastest in the final free practice session for the Belgian Grand Prix, which took place in wet conditions throughout.

Code:
    Belgian GP Practice Session 3
    Pos  Driver              Team/Car              Time       Gap       Laps
     1.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault      2m08.988s             7
     2.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes      2m09.046s  + 0.058s   8
     3.  Jaime Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari    2m09.931s  + 0.943s   16
     4.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes      2m10.257s  + 1.269s   7
     5.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault      2m10.402s  + 1.414s   9
     6.  Sebastien Buemi     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    2m10.580s  + 1.592s   15
     7.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes              1m10.837s  + 1.849s   12
     8.  Adrian Sutil        Force India-Mercedes  2m11.437s  + 2.449s   13
     9.  Bruno Senna         Renault               2m11.664s  + 2.676s   14
    10.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes              1m11.667s  + 2.679s   10
    11.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes  2m11.874s  + 2.886s   13
    12.  Heikki Kovalainen   Lotus-Renault         2m13.036s  + 4.048s   15
    13.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Cosworth     2m13.074s  + 4.086s   12
    14.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari        2m13.182s  + 4.194s   12
    15.  Vitaly Petrov       Renault               2m13.290s  + 4.302s   15
    16.  Rubens Barrichello  Williams-Cosworth     2m13.778s  + 4.790s   12
    17.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari        2m14.334s  + 5.346s   14
    18.  Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Renault         2m14.682s  + 5.694s   11
    19.  Jerome D'Ambrosio   Virgin-Cosworth       2m17.159s  + 8.171s   12
    20.  Timo Glock          Virgin-Cosworth       2m18.039s  + 9.051s   10
    21.  Daniel Ricciardo    HRT-Cosworth          2m19.001s  + 10.013s  12
    22.  Tonio Liuzzi        HRT-Cosworth          2m19.001s  + 10.609s  14
    23.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari               2m19.597s  + 13.466s  7
    24.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari               no time               5
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why start sports is not showing qualifying ? its there on their website schedule and yet they are not showing ?
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel takes pole for Belgian GP
    Sebastian Vettel secured his eighth pole position of the 2011 season as he came out on top in a frantic to a drying qualifying session at Spa-Francorchamps.

Code:
    Belgian GP Qualifying Session
    Pos  Driver                Team                 Time          Gap   
     1.  Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault     1m48.298s
     2.  Lewis Hamilton        McLaren-Mercedes     1m48.730s   + 0.432
     3.  Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault     1m49.376s   + 1.078
     4.  Felipe Massa          Ferrari              1m50.256s   + 1.958
     5.  Nico Rosberg          Mercedes             1m50.552s   + 2.254
     6.  Jaime Alguersuari     Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m50.773s   + 2.475 
     7.  Bruno Senna           Renault              1m51.121s   + 2.823
     8.  Fernando Alonso       Ferrari              1m51.251s   + 2.953
     9.  Sergio Perez          Sauber-Ferrari       1m51.374s   + 3.076
    10.  Vitaly Petrov         Renault              1m52.303s   + 4.005
    Q2 cut-off time: 2m04.625s                                    Gap **
    11.  Sebastien Buemi       Toro Rosso-Ferrari   2m04.692s   + 1.924
    12.  Kamui Kobayashi       Sauber-Ferrari       2m04.757s   + 1.989
    13.  Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes     2m05.150s   + 2.382
    14.  Rubens Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth    2m07.349s   + 4.581
    15.  Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes 2m07.777s   + 5.009
    16.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Cosworth    2m08.106s   + 5.338
    17.  Heikki Kovalainen     Lotus-Renault        2m08.354s   + 5.586
    Q1 cut-off time: 2m07.194s                                    Gap *
    18.  Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes 2m07.758s   + 5.945
    19.  Jarno Trulli          Lotus-Renault        2m07.773s   + 5.960
    20.  Timo Glock            Virgin-Cosworth      2m09.566s   + 7.753
    21.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Virgin-Cosworth      2m11.601s   + 9.788
    22.  Tonio Liuzzi          HRT-Cosworth         2m11.616s   + 9.803
    23.  Daniel Ricciardo      HRT-Cosworth         2m13.077s  + 11.264
    24.  Michael Schumacher    Mercedes             no time
    107% time: 2m10.339s
    * Gap to quickest in Q1
    ** Gap to quickest in Q2
    Wow, Super pole by Vettel. Also amazing performances by Bruno Senna, Jaime Alguersuari. Massa outqaulifies Alonso, Spa is certainly not Alonso's liking track. Feeling sorry for Michal and what was Maldonado doing. Jenson Button out in Q2, can't stop laughing and he wanted to end Vettel's qualy advantage.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wasnt even able to watch .... thanks to starsports .. i m furious ...
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    I was also furious when I saw StarSports and ESPN showing football matches but then thought of trying a software that I have download awhile back. I suggest you should also download that software, the name is iprivo, search it on google and then download it.

After installing it, this software will give you a British shadow IP address and allows you to watch BBC's content easily. I have watched the qualifying session using this software and the experience is good. BBC broadcast live qualy and race on their website but it is only for people from Britain itself with the help of this software you would also be able to watch the Britain exclusive content without a problem.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List