Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post

@steve,. does her sister looks like her? show me the pic..
    I think posting the pictures in this thread will be inappropriate and out of topic. You can check out this link, bro:

jessica michibata sisters - Google Search
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    I could assure you, her sister is almost a carbon copy of her, I am amazed you have not seen them during the podium ceremony. If you have not been able to watch the race then its a different story.

@Imaan1
    I could start jumping up and down on anything that Vettel did but that would just make me the same as the PW famous Hamilton's fan. I have acknowledged Vettel's efforts throughout the season, such as his overtaking at Spa and Monza, his qualifying lap at Spa, his last 10 laps defending against Hamilton in Barcelona. I was not able to watch the Australian GP so can't comment on his season opening effort but hail his performance in China where he used a different strategy then other top runners and almost make it works, also admire his tyre management in Monaco where he lasted almost 50+ laps on Supersofts.

Just remember there were times when it was visible from the start of the weekend that RedBull is unbeatable and he wins their so acknowledging such things is a bit too much. I wanted him to win this race so to wrap up the title in style just like many other drivers have did in Suzuka in the past seasons.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post

@Imaan1
    I could start jumping up and down on anything that Vettel did but that would just make me the same as the PW famous Hamilton's fan. I have acknowledged Vettel's efforts throughout the season, such as his overtaking at Spa and Monza, his qualifying lap at Spa, his last 10 laps defending against Hamilton in Barcelona. I was not able to watch the Australian GP so can't comment on his season opening effort but hail his performance in China where he used a different strategy then other top runners and almost make it works, also admire his tyre management in Monaco where he lasted almost 50+ laps on Supersofts.

Just remember there were times when it was visible from the start of the weekend that RedBull is unbeatable and he wins their so acknowledging such things is a bit too much. I wanted him to win this race so to wrap up the title in style just like many other drivers have did in Suzuka in the past seasons.
    Yeah! that is real class.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Race View Post
    I think posting the pictures in this thread will be inappropriate and out of topic. You can check out this link, bro:

jessica michibata sisters - Google Search
    <label for="rb_iconid_14">-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 ala.. thanks buddy.

</label>
    @m_waqas
    I could assure you, her sister is almost a carbon copy of her, I am amazed you have not seen them during the podium ceremony. If you have not been able to watch the race then its a different story.
    i did not see the ceremony and post race interview ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Imaan1

It seems like you didnt like what i said.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imaan1 View Post
    It seems like you didnt like what i said.
    hahaha.. steve is a 'serious' guy ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    hahaha.. steve is a 'serious' guy ...
    Wasnt aware of that... Well I am sorry if he didnt like it,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imaan1 View Post
    Wasnt aware of that... Well I am sorry if he didnt like it,
    what?? i was just kidding.. but yeah he's got serious demeanor ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Born2race
    The image you posted of Vettel as 2011 World Champion is excellent but technically speaking he has not won the title as per FIA's regulations which clearly states that a driver is awarded the championship after the completion of season in FIA Gala. The reason is if someone tries to do what Schumacher did in Jerez 97' or some technical infringement on the car could led to a disqualification of that driver or team from the championship could change the title situtation so to avoid controversy that driver will only be considered a WDC at the end of season.

I know its a stupid rule but what can I do, imagine if RedBull's car been classified as illegal or Vettel tries to do a Schumacher it could led to him being disqualified from the championship and making the second place driver the champion. I would put that image as the topic ending post.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Born2race
    The image you posted of Vettel as 2011 World Champion is excellent but technically speaking he has not won the title as per FIA's regulations which clearly states that a driver is awarded the championship after the completion of season in FIA Gala. The reason is if someone tries to do what Schumacher did in Jerez 97' or some technical infringement on the car could led to a disqualification of that driver or team from the championship could change the title situtation so to avoid controversy that driver will only be considered a WDC at the end of season.

I know its a stupid rule but what can I do, imagine if RedBull's car been classified as illegal or Vettel tries to do a Schumacher it could led to him being disqualified from the championship and making the second place driver the champion. I would put that image as the topic ending post.
    wow thats news to me steve.. thanks. from what u wrote, its not a stupid rule, makes sense..

btw, what do u mean by Schumi thingy?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Imaan1
    No problem bhai, you have not said anything wrong.

You are half my age, my previous comment was not to show my anger towards you, it was rather to show that there are peformances which needs to be hailed and there are performances which don't. I love any performance which is totally unexpected even if it comes from HRT because that performance has come against all odds. Thatswhy the performances which mentioned are needed to be hailed.

Just for example, in Barcelona he defended against a fast McLaren who has a DRS advantage and many times looks like Hamilton could almost overtakes him but he defended well without causing a single wrong move. In Monaco, his stint on Supersofts have amazed everyone including Pirelli's Paul Hembery too who have said before the race that the Supersofts will last at most 45 laps, he takes those to almost 60 laps.

Just like that his qualy lap in Spa was far more amazing then his qualy lap in Monza, even though the Monza effort have rock the whole paddock but for me his qualy lap at Spa was just on another planet. His overtakings at Spa and Monza, were also amazing even though he had more speed on both occassions but those overtakes clear people's doubt that he don't know how to overtake.

Another thing which makes me sad is he may be able to match Michal's record tally of wins in a single season which is 13 in 2004, he can't beat it, now I hope he should beat Mansell's record tally of Poles in 1 season which is 14. I know these are just some records but when you are so close to it you should be able to beat it too.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Michal tries to delibrately take out Villenueve in Jerez 97' Finale, the attempt was unsuccessful and results in Michal's own retirement while Villenueve wins the title by finishing 3rd with a limping car with damage. FIA disqualifies Michal from 2nd position in the standings but didnot take back his points that he scores in that season, so it was just to show that in future such behaviour is not accepted by anyone. If you look at that season ending standings it shows the most amazing stats in the history of F1, the driver with 2nd most points is sitting on the last position in the standings.

There is more to this story as just before the Jerez Finale, the 2nd last race of the season was Japanese GP and a big controversy was created in the race when Villenueve unsuccessfully tries to push Schumacher off the track, and then his teammate tries to slow down Schumacher when Michal was about to lap him near the end of the race costing Michal nearly the victory as the gap between Michal and Frentzen which was over 4 secs cuts down to 1 sec in one lap. Michal was furious when he lapped that driver.

FIA also take notice of Villenueve action and Villenueve and Williams team comes in the Finale with FIA's order that no such repeat of action will happens at all. But the controversy was growing as now Sauber which was using Ferrari engines were asked by Ferrari to make it difficult for Williams and especially Villenueve's life when they tries to lapped them at any point in the race. Sauber's driver Fontana did the same thing as was ordered, but the luck was not with Ferrari as after Michal's retirement Williams have made an agreement with McLaren's Ron Dennis that if there drivers does not attack Villenueve's damaged car aggressively they could hand them the race lead, McLaren did the same thing and thats how Mika Hakkinen wins his first ever race in F1, while Villenueve wins his only title in F1.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    You have posted the banter between Button and Vettel but you forgot there were 3 more:

First

Q. (Livio Oricchio – O Estado de Sao Paulo) Sebastian, could you describe your manoeuvre at the start of the race? Jenson said that it was not so fair.
    SV: I just spoke to him. He expressed his feelings. Initially I wasn't sure where he was, I didn't really see him. I thought he was either on the right or he was far away on the left. I saw Lewis and I thought I had a good start and kept moving to the right, looking for him. By the time I saw him, I realised that maybe I was a little bit too far to the right and then he was backing off. Obviously no intention to put him in any danger but I think we can run with two wheels on the grass, can't we Fernando?
    JB: Did you think I was Fernando?
    SV: No, no, I said we can race with two wheels on the grass, and then I said Fernando. Obviously, as I said, I didn't want to put him in danger but I think we have to race each other hard and I thought it was a shame… at the end, I thought we were all getting together again and maybe have another fight. For a moment, I was thinking that maybe the victory was not out of my hands, which it looked like going into the last stint, but yeah, it was close. It would have been fun if it had continued for another five or ten laps.
    JB: I probably would have struggled with another five laps.
    SV: That's why!
    Second
    Q. (Joris Fioriti – Agence France Presse) Jenson, I may have been mistaken, but when I saw you on the podium you were not really overwhelmed with joy. I thought that you were at the same time happy to win, but very disappointed to lose the title. Did I imagine that or is that the way you feel?
    JB: I was really surprised to lose the title today, yeah! I think I had given up on that quite a long time ago. I was very happy on the podium, maybe just the way I express my feelings isn't as obvious as maybe I think.
    SV: Maybe you were still exhausted, you had to run down from the pit lane.
    JB: I had to run the whole pit lane. For some reason, I seem to do that quite a lot: parking in the wrong place and running down. I've never realised how uphill the pit lane is as well. Amazing. But no, I was very happy, ecstatic, this is a very special race to win, as Seb knows for the last couple of years, not just because of the layout but because of the history here and also, as I said before, the crowd here. So a very special victory; it's obviously not as big as Seb winning the World Championship today but winning a race like this does take a little bit of time to sink in. I remember when I won the World Championship, immediately it was a strange feeling, it was like: what am I supposed to feel right now? And it takes a little bit of time. It normally comes when you're on your own and you can really think about what you have achieved. I'm sure Seb's going to look forward to that tonight or about five or six in the morning.
    SV: Oh no. Afternoon.
    Third
    Q. (Sarah Holt – BBC Sport) Do you think in some ways we should read that your championship this year was easier than it was last year, and for all three of you, how are going to race now that the championship has been won? Will it be free-er, how is your attitude different now?
    SV: I think that it's very likely for people to draw the wrong conclusion, to say that we had a very easy run this year. Things like this, they happen for a reason; I strongly believe that, not because things were easy for us. We had a very, very good car, no doubt, but we had an even stronger team, and as I said, a couple of times already, I think the car this year was less dominant than the car last year. Last year we had so many races where sometimes you may say we were unlucky but we made stupid mistakes as well. We did things which cost us a lot of time and cost us a lot of points in the end. A championship is not one race, it's a lot of races pulled together and I think that's where the difference came from this year. Obviously, after a very good start to the season, if you are on a good run, and you have this certain momentum and you're able to keep that momentum, by not allowing yourself to start to fly or think too far ahead, really just stay present and just stay at that moment and focus race by race, and not thinking anything else. If you are able to keep that momentum that way, I think it makes you very strong and if you are on that sort of wave, then things might come a bit easier to you but it doesn't mean that they are easy. So all in all, I think there was a lot to learn again this year, and hopefully that made us stronger for the remainder of the season, in which I think the approach will be very similar. Obviously a lot of the pressure has fallen away but nonetheless, there is a lot of pressure on us, because naturally we want to win, we want to beat those guys. We didn't do so today so obviously we are over the moon to wrap up the championship today but we didn't win today, so we've got another chance in the next races and we want to use those chances. It's about using the opportunities you have, rather than seeing what could go wrong.
    JB: Hopefully (we will race) exactly the same.
    SV: So you're always going to park just after the chequered flag?
    JB: Yeah. I might not lift off next time you pull across at the start though.
    SV: That means I'm on pole, so that's good.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Photos of the soon-to-be-finished Budh International Circuit, NCR, India

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 298132 217643281631430 103289229733503 602280 90217871 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 298132 217643284964763 103289229733503 602281 1898662637 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 298132 217643291631429 103289229733503 602282 1080068967 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 298132 217643294964762 103289229733503 602283 497423471 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 311481 217728911622867 103289229733503 602668 1666781362 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 311481 217728918289533 103289229733503 602669 1537496282 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 311481 217728921622866 103289229733503 602670 833843795 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 311481 217728924956199 103289229733503 602671 1710623701 n

Indian Grand Prix In The Making | Facebook

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can't explain how happy I am on Vettel's championship win.
    I have seen his post race interviews and celebrations literally like 20 times by now....
    I am gonna download them all.
    He totally dominated the season but yet was so humble and grounded. Just an amazing athlete and human being.
    Awesome!!

...born a champion
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull's Marko says there is no reason why team cannot maintain dominance
    Red Bull's advisor Helmut Marko has warned the team's rivals that it plans to continue its domination of Formula 1 into 2012.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel can get even better in 2012, says team boss Christian Horner
    Sebastian Vettel still has the capacity to improve his driving heading in to next year, despite having been the class of the field throughout his title-winning 2011 campaign.

Whitmarsh says Hamilton will bounce back from his bad run of form
    Lewis Hamilton will bounce back from his current troubles to rediscover the kind of form that helped him become a world champion, according to McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh.

McLaren believes it now has a car that can win the last four races of 2011
    McLaren believes it can now fight for victory in the final four races of the year on the back of Jenson Button's brilliant victory in the Japanese Grand Prix.

Ferrari says only small improvements needed to fight for 2012 F1 title
    Ferrari has no doubt that it will take only a small improvement in pace with next year's car to get itself back into world championship contention, following its strong performance at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Lauda says Vettel can surpass Schumacher's success in Formula 1
    Sebastian Vettel is capable of achieving more success in Formula 1 than Michael Schumacher, according to former world champion Niki Lauda.

Webber launches Adventure Run
    Mark Webber has launched a new challenge to give people the chance to compete alongside him in a running event in Tasmania.

Pirelli to discuss Q3 tyre-saving issue with FOTA in Korea
    Pirelli plans to hold talks with the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) in Korea this weekend to try and find a solution to the problems of cars not running in Q3.

Schumacher hungry for more
    Michael Schumacher is aiming to extend his rich vein of form through to the Korean Grand Prix next weekend after securing a sixth place finish in Japan.

Ferrari to test 2012 parts at remaining races
    Stefano Domenicali has revealed that Ferrari will attempt to get a head start on winter testing over the remaining four races of the season, but insists the main objective is still to win races.

2011 car has been less dominant than 2010 - Vettel
    Despite winning the world championship with four races remaining, Sebastian Vettel believes Red Bull's 2011 car has on occasion been less dominant that the 2010 version.

Vettel to 'explore' in final four races to be stronger in 2012
    World champion Sebastian Vettel says Red Bull Racing will use the final four races of the season to try and learn how to be stronger in the 2012 season.

Ferrari seeks to ease Formula 1's RRA concerns amid growing tension
    Ferrari has urged Formula 1 teams to make an effort at this weekend's Korean Grand Prix to try and end unease about overspending in the sport on the back of fresh concerns about the Resource Restriction Agreement.

How Vettel's 2011 campaign ranks in Formula 1 history
    Sebastian Vettel's 2011 title campaign is the third best in the history of Formula 1, according to the Castrol EDGE Rankings.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Renault backs Formula 1 team name change to Lotus
    Renault's plans to be renamed as Lotus next year have been giving the full backing of the French car manufacturer, as it will finally clear up confusion about the involvement of its former parent company.

Brawn says driving a slower car will be Vettel's biggest challenge in F1
    Sebastian Vettel's greatest challenge in Formula 1 will not be in maintaining his dominance after back-to-back titles, but in how he deals with one day not having the best car.

Barrichello praises Mark Gillan's efforts at the Japanese Grand Prix
    Rubens Barrichello has praised the 'brave' efforts of new Williams chief operations engineer Mark Gillan, who had his first race in charge at last weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel says magnitude of second world championship yet to sink in
    Sebastian Vettel says the magnitude of winning his second straight title, and becoming the youngest double champion in Formula 1 history, is yet to fully sink in.

Whitmarsh believes a rethink is needed about mirror rules in Formula 1
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh believes Formula 1 chiefs may need to look into the rules regarding mirror dimension, following the latest clash between Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa.

Domenicali denies former technical director Aldo Costa was a scape-goat
    Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali says former technical director Aldo Costa was no scape-goat, denying firing the Italian was more an emotional than a rational decision.

Boullier planning to speak with Kubica this week to hear latest on recovery
    Renault boss Eric Boullier plans to speak to Robert Kubica this week to find out the latest on his recovery, so he can begin to make a decision on whether or not he needs to find a replacement driver for 2012.

Mateschitz says Red Bull must keep pushing in 2011 to more success next year
    Red Bull Racing must keep pushing for the remainder of the 2011 if it is to lay down the foundations for more title success next year, reckons team owner Dietrich Mateschitz.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is more to this story as just before the Jerez Finale, the 2nd last race of the season was Japanese GP and a big controversy was created in the race when Villenueve unsuccessfully tries to push Schumacher off the track, and then his teammate tries to slow down Schumacher when Michal was about to lap him near the end of the race costing Michal nearly the victory as the gap between Michal and Frentzen which was over 4 secs cuts down to 1 sec in one lap. Michal was furious when he lapped that driver.

FIA also take notice of Villenueve action and Villenueve and Williams team comes in the Finale with FIA's order that no such repeat of action will happens at all. But the controversy was growing as now Sauber which was using Ferrari engines were asked by Ferrari to make it difficult for Williams and especially Villenueve's life when they tries to lapped them at any point in the race. Sauber's driver Fontana did the same thing as was ordered, but the luck was not with Ferrari as after Michal's retirement Williams have made an agreement with McLaren's Ron Dennis that if there drivers does not attack Villenueve's damaged car aggressively they could hand them the race lead, McLaren did the same thing and thats how Mika Hakkinen wins his first ever race in F1, while Villenueve wins his only title in F
    Most of that stuff is factually incorrect.

There was never any controversy , never mind a big controversy, regarding the start. Some sections of the media probably tried unsuccessfully to create something out of nothing. There was never an attempt to take Schumacher out of the race at any stage. The start was very hard but fair. To make a comparison, it was much like Vettel's start at Suzuka, without pushing the other driver on the grass etc because Villeneuve had made a better start and moved over to block Schumacher right away. Will post a video at the end, watch around the 33 seconds mark and again at 2 minutes 31 seconds. Schumacher could easily have been taken out on both occasions but he was not.

The controversy if any was about Villeneuve`s disqualification before the start of the race even. In free practice three a car had gone off coming out of spoon corner, Villeneuve following that car did not ` slow down enough ` according to FIA So the FIA decided to not fine him, not give him a time penalty or something but instead on the morning of the race disqualified the pole sitter and world championship leader before the race even started. Sounds familiar? Ah yes, Indianapolis 2003 Michelin tires being banned before Italian GP same year with testing ban in effect, Mass dampers outlawed after something like two or three years? Or that farcical grid penalty for blocking Massa

Two, Villeneuve`s team mate was Frentzen that year, not Damon Hill, who was the driver in Arrows Yamaha being lapped and kept Schumacher behind for almost a lap. Damon had his own axe to grind with Schumacher.

Three, Villeneuve or Williams never went to Jerez, the last race of the season, with any warning. It's absurd to even suggest that because Villeneuve was one point behind Schumacher in the championship and any contact that put both drivers out of the race would have made Schumacher world champion. Granted Max Mosely was crazy but he was not so crazy to actually warn a driver who was behind in the points.

There was clear talk before the race, and there was talk about serious consequences should there be a ' racing accident ' between the two drivers fighting for the title. The warning was aimed at one driver-with a history of taking out his rivals in title battles like Adelaide, Macau, and before that in Mercedes Benz Junior team as Frentzen and Wedlinger would testify.

Four, The arrangement between Williams and Mclaren was made at Suzuka, not Jerez. Villeneuve had no problem finishing in the points at Jerez, and one point is all he needed. Mclaren only caught him on the last lap . Had he wished, he could have kept them behind in the last three-four corners but a deal is a deal And the deal was something else which had to do with Suzuka, part of strategy, and at Jerez towards the end it became a deal about keeping Irvine behind.

Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uk .. where were you man .. welcome back .....
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Closed Thread

User Tag List