Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Barcelona 2: Day 5 Pics

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299923404

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299958826

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299958848

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299958570

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299955039

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1299916204
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Bad news!!..

Wimbledon and Formula One at risk as BBC seeks sports cuts

Managers try to deal with licence fee freeze, with both events seen as expensive to cover.

BBC bosses have identified abandoning coverage of Formula One and Wimbledon as one way of saving money to help the broadcaster contend with the frozen licence fee settlement imposed last autumn.

Senior managers drawing up cost-saving options have alighted on the £40m-a-year motor racing deal and the long-running tennis coverage as ways in which the BBC could help achieve a £600m annual saving targeted for 2014.

BBC considering dropping F1 coverage

Cuts imposed on the BBC by the government may lead it to drop its F1 coverage.

“Formula One, although helped by the popularity of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, is not peak-time programming, and as a result is viewed as a relatively expensive part of the sports schedule. Having been on ITV as recently as 2008, the sport is not seen as a mainstay of the BBC calendar.”

^ though it won't affect us asian viewers who are forced to watch it on StarSports with blessed comentary of the supposedly all knowing Steve Slater... but their (BBCs) coverage, commentary and analysis of races are far superior than that of SS... sometimes viewers watching it on internet get linked to BBCs coverage and it feels a lot better to watch BBC than SS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Final day was a wash out. Autosport's team at Barcelona took the opportunity to answer quite a few questions. Here are some:

Tarun Martin emails live@autosport.com to ask: "Who has a better chance fighting for the third spot, Mercedes or McLaren?"
    Here's the verdict from AUTOSPORT's group F1 editor @NobleF1: "Despite all the timing data and engineers analysis spreadsheets filled with predicted fuel loads/tyre degradation, all observers can gauge from winter testing is an informed hunch about the relative form of the teams. So far, the consensus appears to be that Red Bull Racing and Ferrari are out in front – but behind them we do not know.

"Michael Schumacher’s performance in testing on Thursday was impressive – having been quick to get up to speed, and delivering a lap time that was impressive irrespective of how much fuel he did or did not have on board.

"That way that momentum is with Mercedes, and currently away from the relatively slow and unreliable McLaren, would therefore point to the Brackley-based team being favourite for the third spot so far.

"But a week is a long time in grand prix racing, and McLaren could easily unlock the secret to the potential of the MP4-26 by Melbourne. At the moment we are all guessing – but then that's why we all love F1 so much. If we knew which team was where, we wouldn’t be so excited about Australia would we?

Patrick from the Netherlands is following AUTOSPORT Live on his iPad, also from bed, and is also interested in Mercedes' form: "How serious is Michael Schumacher's best time from yesterday? Are they now a true title contender?"

It's too early to say that yet, Patrick. Schumacher's very fast times yesterday did come on clear qualifying simulations: one ultra-quick lap at a time, then back into the pits.

By contrast, Red Bull's fastest times of the week have mostly come at the start of four or five lap runs. So we know the Red Bull can go nearly as fast as the Mercedes and on slightly more fuel. Plus Nick Heidfeld told us earlier this week that he is convinced RBR is still holding something back. And when you hear the Red Bull drivers insist Ferrari is the quicker car, it suggests you can't discount the Italian squad either.

But as Sebastian Vettel put it yesterday, even if Schumacher was running on fumes and the softest tyres available, his Friday lap time was still very impressive. So Mercedes is certainly looking a lot, lot better - but don't get carried away yet.

Shane from Australia asks: "Did we learn anything from the winter tests and who would be the favourite for this year's championship?"

The paddock consensus is that Red Bull Racing is favourite judging by what we've seen so far in testing. However, the favourites don't always win!

Danoush asks: "have you guys have heard any more opinions on the tyre wear vs. balance. I remember that, yes all drivers were complaining of large wear rates and large lap time drop offs, but that is obviously equal to all cars (barring set-up efficiency of course). Was wondering if the overall tyre balance had improved? I remember Jarno Trulli mentioned that the wear isn't the issue but the severe balance shift from understeer to oversteer is the real problem over a few laps."

AUTOSPORT group F1 editor @NobleF1 says: "The feedback from testing so far this week is that the tweaks Pirelli has made since testing began back at Valencia means the balance issues are no longer so pronounced. Tyre degradation is still there – but it is designed to be to make the racing exciting.

"I had lunch with Pirelli's Paul Hembery yesterday to talk through the tyre situation in great detail – and there will be a feature on AUTOSPORT about what he said in the build-up to Australia.

"However, he reckons that Melbourne is looking like a three-stopper - but that the answers about whether the degradation issue needs to be resolved can also come after the race.

"And, as he has said many times, the driver who finishes on the top step of the podium in Australia will have had the same tyres as the
    guy that finished last! So let them go racing and sort it out…"

Sharhan from Sri Lanka is keen to know how many pitstops per race are expected at present and if any car has an advantage in this respect.

Pirelli estimates three pitstops for Melbourne at least, but has rubbished some drivers' suggestions that they'll need to pit four times per race.

The tyre degradation is such that it seems there's little teams and drivers can do about it - it's going to happen regardless of whether you take it easy or not, and even if your car set-up is kind.

Mark Hughes wrote a fascinating feature in this week's AUTOSPORT magazine about tyre performance and the potential for avoiding the time drop-off by 'curing' the rubber with practice runs, it's well worth a read. And yesterday it was very interesting to see Rubens Barrichello do a race simulation in which his times only faded by a second across a 10-12 stint - far less of a drop-off than most have been seeing.

But whatever happens, expect a lot of pitstops. And that's why there's been plenty of pitstop practice this winter, particularly from Toro Rosso - which has done pitstop after pitstop after pitstop this week. We counted 15 in a row one afternoon before losing track.

@Steve

Pirelli gave different numbers and so did JA on his blog about the kms covered by various teams and drivers.
    For example, they are around 5244 For Ferrari, 4483 for Mercedes, and 4407 for Red Bull.
    Autosport has more or less similar numbers:

Ferrari: 5,221kms; Red Bull: 4,407; Mercedes: 4,297; Sauber: 4,099; Williams: 3,787; Force India: 3,745; Toro Rosso: 3,737; Renault: 3,700; McLaren: 3,690; Virgin: 3,361; Lotus: 2,403; HRT: 1,949 (old car only)

Among the drivers, Alonso leads the way on 2,803kms, ahead of Schumacher on 2,451, Massa on 2,417, Webber on 2,373, Barrichello on 2,198 and Perez on 2,129.

Lowest among the race drivers are Liuzzi on 326kms (2010 car only), Trulli on 1,028, Heidfeld on 1,140 and Kovalainen on 1,182.
    A lot of discrepancy, why?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gary Anderson's pre-season blog

Barcelona test two: Days three and four - March 10-11

Mercedes has finally introduced the revamped package it will use in Australia, and I have to say I am impressed.

Michael Schumacher on the fourth day of testing with a 1m21.2s, albeit on a qualifying run, around Barcelona is a very impressive time and to back that up Nico Rosberg had a short run at the end of the day again on low fuel and did a 1m21.7s.

So the big question now is, is the seven times world champion Michael Schumacher back and does he have the tools to show his real talent as we saw so many times in the Ferrari? I think we will have to wait over the first two or three races to see if this is real.

But from my point of view I hope it is, as from the first day he drove a Formula 1 car with a short test on the South circuit at Silverstone in the Jordan 191 prior to his race debut in Spa it was clear he was someone with exceptional talent. He proved it by going on to win seven world championships it would be sad to see his return end up being a non-event.

I said earlier in the week we would probably see nearly everyone lower the fuel loads and go for a time before this test is over. However, with the combination of soft tyres, KERS and the drag reducing rear wing package it is still difficult to know where everyone stands. Still, from what I can see we are looking at a very competitive season and from race to race there will be different people at the front, followed by the midfield bunch which is as close as I have seen for many years.

It looks as though Lotus has really found quite a lot of pace relative to last year. Heikki Kovalainen's 1m23.4s from today is 2.2 seconds off the fastest time of the day and in reality last year at the end of the season Lotus would have been 4.5s away so it's a real turnaround for the team. It is not using KERS yet so there is still some potential left to come.

With Mercedes having found a reasonable step in performance, McLaren is now the team that is dragging its feet. It doesn't really seem to have the pace and the reliability is very poor to say the least. I am sure it will take a step forward for Australia but it has been spending most of its time and energy trying to get to the point where it should have started this year's testing. A few teams are staying on for tomorrow so perhaps McLaren will turn things around as Mercedes did today.

I can't wait for the season to get up and running as there are so many questions to be answered. Saturday in Australia will show us who has the fastest car and Sunday will show us who can manage their tyres the best. I can assure you that the latter will be no easy task and we will see a very eventful race.

Barcelona test two: Day five - 12 March

The chequered flag has finally been waved to end pre-season testing for the 2011 Formula 1 championship. For the teams it is now back to the factory, build two race cars with all of the latest development components, sort out about 25 tonnes of car spares, tools and equipment, get it all packed up and to the airport by Thursday night in readiness for shipping to Australia.

When the team personnel leave next Sunday or Monday I am sure there will be a fairly extensive amount of hand baggage and with that excess baggage charges.

I have been known to try to convince an airline that the gearbox I had in my hand luggage should go on the plane with me, they didn't agree and it had to be put into the baggage hold. But then they smelt oil and I was called over the tannoy system and taken down into the luggage area at Heathrow to open the box and show them what it contained. After that, no problems other than having seen the baggage area of a major airport and how it operated I lived in amazement that I ever saw any of my checked-in baggage again.

What can we assess from testing? Not a lot really, it's all very confusing and it will only unfold when the chips are down in Australia. The big teams Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Renault will I would assume, as normal, rise to the top of the pile and this is mainly due to the fact that they have the biggest budgets, best equipment, can employ the top people and the most people.

Whereas the other teams, which are by no means small, don't have the luxury of as many staff so the personnel that came back from testing this week in Barcelona will be straight into the factory to do their day job and they will also be the people that will be on the flight to Australia next Sunday night. I can assure you, it is a tough life and unfortunately for these people at this time of year home life does have to come second.

Day five of the test at Barcelona turned out to be a bit of a damp squib with torrential rain from first thing in the morning until late in the afternoon. Lap times were meaningless in these conditions but it did allow Pirelli to see how its wet tyres worked in pretty adverse track conditions and as we have seen in the past, Malaysia, second race of the year, can be very wet.

It is difficult to reflect on things in motor racing when we have seen the destruction which has happened in Japan and my thoughts are with the millions of people who have suffered through this horrendous devastation. I am not about to justify motorsport or any other form of sport when things like this are happening all around the world but hopefully it does, for a short while, offer a brief release to the many people who enjoy their sport, whatever it may be.

Source: Autosport

Final test day 5: Pre season ends with a bit of a wash out

The final day of pre season testing was very wet, as predicted, giving teams the chance to sample Pirelli’s wet weather tyres, but gaining little other useful data.

That’s it now for testing until after December- following the final race in Brazil.

The feeling is that Red Bull has the edge going into the first race, with Ferrari close behind and Mercedes came through the ranks to close up quite a bit of the second deficit they had to the front runners at the final test.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Martin Brundle, a voice of sanity.. but lolz @75-100 pitstops ...

A lot of discrepancy, why?
    Slater effect ...

Mark Hughes wrote a fascinating feature in this week's AUTOSPORT magazine about tyre performance and the potential for avoiding the time drop-off by 'curing' the rubber with practice runs, it's well worth a read.
    can't access that ... UK help ??..

Saturday in Australia will show us who has the fastest car and Sunday will show us who can manage their tyres the best. I can assure you that the latter will be no easy task and we will see a very eventful race.
    right ... as we knw already that "The tyre degradation is such that it seems there's little teams and drivers can do about it - it's going to happen regardless of whether you take it easy or not, and even if your car set-up is kind." .. thanks to Pirelli..

btw, how many laps an Australian Gp consist of ??..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mark Hughes wrote a fascinating feature in this week's AUTOSPORT magazine about tyre performance and the potential for avoiding the time drop-off by 'curing' the rubber with practice runs, it's well worth a read.

can't access that ... UK help ??.
    Tried myself but can't seem to make it work, no copy paste:-(. I looked through the digital magazine but nothing I couldn't find the said issue, they only had Feb25th. Anyway, found it and the best i can do is attach screen shots. You'll hafta zoom in and read, sorry mate

Martin Brundle, a voice of sanity.. but lolz @75-100 pitstops
    Imagine, 24 cars, and if half or more decide to pit on different laps and it's a 3 stop race as all seem to think, then we will have the first round of 3-4 laps where cars pit, round too similar to that and then round three. That comes out to anywhere between 9-12 laps where cars are pitting

btw, how many laps an Australian Gp consist of ??.
    58 laps as far as i can recall.

Slater effect ...
    Hmmm, you might have a point. But going by Steve's figures, Ferrari has covered the same distance they would cover this year if it turns out to be a 19 race season, which it very likely would. Even if it's a 20 race season, Ferrari seems to have done more mileage than they would do in 20 races this year.

Btw Steve doesn't like Brundle, professional rivalry you think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    The Mileage Chart that I posted on the previous page was taken from here and he is using Autosport's Forix for the data:
    http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/03/12/mclaren-bottom-of-2011-mileage-chart/

The only reason for discrepancy is most likely because of Pirelli and James Allen may be considering only those laps that are been completed by the cars going through the Start/Finish line and not those laps which have been completed going through the pitlane.

I am calculating the mileage and laps for each driver on each track separately will post the data here when it is completed.

But in any case, one thing is quite clear and that is McLaren is the biggest looser with almost half the mileage as compare to Ferrari, RedBull and Mercedes and not been able to done a complete Race Sim throughout the testing.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is some more Statistics from the PreSeason Testing regarding which driver have done how many laps at what Track.

First Valencia
    Code:
    Valencia (Track Length 4.005 Kms)
    Team          Driver           Laps    Mileage(in Kms)
    RedBull    Sebastian Vettel     136      544.680
    RedBull    Mark Webber          132      538.660
    Ferrari    Fernando Alonso      207      829.035
    Ferrari    Felipe Massa          80      320.400
    McLaren    Lewis Hamilton        83      332.415
    McLaren    Jenson Button        105      420.525
    McLaren    Gary Paffett          91      364.455
    Mercedes   Michael Schumacher   125      500.625
    Mercedes   Nico Rosberg          78      312.390
    ForceIndia Adrian Sutil         117      468.585
    ForceIndia Paul Di Resta        139      556.695
    ForceIndia Nico Hulkenberg       71      284.355
    Sauber     Kamui Kobayashi       68      272.340
    Sauber     Sergio Perez         146      584.730
    Renault    Robert Kubica        199      796.995
    Renault    Vitaly Petrov         28      112.140
    Williams   Rubens Barrichello   128      512.640
    Williams   Pastor Maldonado     130      520.650
    ToroRosso  Sebastian Buemi      119      476.595
    ToroRosso  Jaime Alguersuari     83      322.415
    Virgin     Timo Glock           148      592.740
    Virgin     Jerome D'Ambrosio     71      284.355
    Lotus      Heikki Kovalainen     15       60.075
    Lotus      Jarno Trulli          38      152.190
    HRT        Narain Karthikeyan   188      752.940
    Then Jerez
    Code:
    Jerez (Track Length 4.428Kms)
    Teams        Driver             Laps   Mileage(in Kms) 
    RedBull    Sebastian Vettel     188      832.464
    RedBull    Mark Webber          210      929.880
    Ferrari    Fernando Alonso      246     1089.288
    Ferrari    Felipe Massa         226     1000.728
    McLaren    Lewis Hamilton        94      416.232
    McLaren    Jenson Button        139      615.492
    Mercedes   Michael Schumacher   226     1000.728
    Mercedes   Nico Rosberg         112      495.936
    ForceIndia Adrian Sutil         101      447.228
    ForceIndia Paul di Resta        163      721.764
    Sauber     Kamui Kobayashi      170      752.760
    Sauber     Sergio Perez         150      664.200
    Renault    Vitaly Petrov        122      540.216
    Renualt    Nick Heidfeld         86      380.808
    Renault    Bruno Senna           68      301.104
    Williams   Rubens Barrichello   202      894.456
    Williams   Pastor Maldonado      52      230.256
    ToroRosso  Daniel Ricciardo      36      159.408
    ToroRosso  Jaime Alguersuari    114      504.792
    ToroRosso  Sebastien Buemi      182      805.896
    Virgin     Timo Glock            99      438.372
    Virgin     Jerome D'Ambrosio     52      234.684
    Lotus      Heikki Kovalainen    104      460.512
    Lotus      Jarno Trulli          94      416.232
    Lastly Barcelona Combine
    Barcelona 1 & 2 (Track Length 4.655Kms)
    Code:
    Teams        Driver            Laps    Mileage(in Kms)  
    RedBull    Sebastian Vettel     317     1475.635
    RedBull    Mark Webber          374     1740.970
    Ferrari    Fernando Alonso      337     1568.735
    Ferrari    Felipe Massa         477     2220.435
    McLaren    Lewis Hamilton       290     1349.950
    McLaren    Jenson Button        262     1219.610
    Mercedes   Michael Schumacher   365     1699.075
    Mercedes   Nico Rosberg         380     1768.900
    ForceIndia Adrian Sutil         300     1396.500
    ForceIndia Paul di Resta        304     1415.120
    ForceIndia Nico Hulkenberg       31      144.305
    Sauber     Kamui Kobayashi      408     1899.240
    Sauber     Sergio Perez         374     1740.970
    Renault    Nick Heidfeld        282     1312.710
    Renault    Vitaly Petrov        341     1587.355
    Williams   Rubens Barrichello   364     1694.420
    Williams   Pastor Maldonado     244     1135.820
    ToroRosso  Jaime Alguersuari    333     1550.115
    ToroRosso  Sebastien Buemi      289     1345.295
    ToroRosso  Daniel Ricciardo      42      195.510
    Virgin     Timo Glock           163      758.765
    Virgin     Jerome D'Ambrosio    429     1996.995
    Lotus      Heikki Kovalainen    290     1349.950
    Lotus      Jarno Trulli         170      791.350
    Lotus      Davide Valsecchi      50      232.750
    Lotus      Luiz Razia            29      134.995
    Lotus      Teixeira              26      121.030
    HRT        Narain Karthikeyan   148      688.940
    HRT        Vitantonio Liuzzi     70      325.850
    HRT        Giorgio Mondini       39      181.545
    Combine Mileage and Laps for Each Driver during the PreSeason Testing:
    Top 4
    Code:
    Teams        Driver            Laps   Mileage(in Kms)  
    RedBull    Sebastian Vettel     641     2852.779
    RedBull    Mark Webber          716     3209.510
    Ferrari    Fernando Alonso      790     3487.058
    Ferrari    Felipe Massa         783     3541.563
    McLaren    Lewis Hamilton       467     2098.597
    McLaren    Jenson Button        506     2255.627
    McLaren    Gary Paffett          91      364.455
    Mercedes   Michael Schumacher   716     3200.428
    Mercedes   Nico Rosberg         570     2577.226
    Midfield
    Code:
    Renault    Robert Kubica        199      796.995
    Renault    Nick Heidfeld        368     1693.518
    Renault    Bruno Senna           68      301.104
    Renault    Vitaly Petrov        491     2239.711
    Williams   Rubens Barrichello   694     3101.516
    Williams   Pastor Maldonado     426     1886.726
    ForceIndia Adrian Sutil         518     2312.313
    ForceIndia Paul di Resta        606     2693.579
    ForceIndia Nico Hulkenberg      102      428.660
    Sauber     Kamui Kobayashi      646     2924.340
    Sauber     Sergio Perez         670     2989.900
    ToroRosso  Jaime Alguersuari    530     2377.322
    ToroRosso  Sebastien Buemi      590     2627.682
    ToroRosso  Daniel Ricciardo      78      354.918
    BackMarkers
    Code:
    Lotus      Heikki Kovalainen    409     1870.537
    Lotus      Jarno Trulli         302     1329.772
    Lotus      Davide Valsecchi      50      232.750
    Lotus      Luiz Razia            29      134.995
    Lotus      Teixeira              26      121.030
    HRT        Narain Karthikeyan   336     1441.880
    HRT        Vitantonio Liuzzi     70      325.850
    HRT        Giorgio Mondini       39      181.545
    Virgin     Timo Glock           410     1789.877
    Virgin     Jerome D'Ambrosio    552     2515.994
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Ayrton Senna's 1st test with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes...

Ayrton's first test / Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    mclaren.com

Official Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Website featuring all the latest news and information about the Formula 1 team, drivers Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Gary Paffett, the McLaren Group and associated activities.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel to stay at Red Bull through 2014<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel has committed his future to Red Bull Racing, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the German to remain at the outfit until the end of 2014.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Red Bull announces new Vettel deal<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has confirmed that it will retain Sebastian Vettel until at least the end of the 2014 season - as predicted by AUTOSPORT earlier today.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Simon Fuller to manage Hamilton<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton will now be managed by Simon Fuller's famous XIX Management team, the Briton has announced.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Horner pleased to end Vettel rumours<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner said he was pleased to put an early end to speculation about Sebastian Vettel's long-term future by signing him through to the end of the 2014 season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Barrichello certain of winter progress<!-- end title -->
    Rubens Barrichello is aiming for a top-10 start and points finish at least in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, as he is confident Williams begins 2011 in better shape that it started 2010.

The official way to use Rear Wing in Melbourne during the Australian GP has been decided in a meeting between F1 teams and Charlie Whiting during the last testing session at Barcelona. Here is how it works

Drivers will be allowed to activate their adjustable rear wings on the pit straight during next weekend’s Australian grand prix.

The overtaking zone for the Albert Park track was formally decided during a recent F1 team meeting with the FIA’s Charlie Whiting at the Barcelona test.

Because the Melbourne straight is quite short, the chasing car’s requisite 1 second gap will be measured at the circuit’s third to last corner, according to a report in Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

The rear wing adjust button may then be pressed at the exit of the final corner, with the wing needing to be back in place for braking for Turn 1. The overtaking zone is slightly more than the previously announced 600 metres.
    Sebastian Vettel has opposed the decided method in strong words:
    Sebastian Vettel is staunchly opposed to the system, arguing that the Melbourne solution is confusing.

"Let’s say I’m further away than 1 second from the car in the (designated) corner, but I get closer in the last three corners and I’m not allowed to press the button.

"How do you try to explain that?" said the Red Bull driver.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel to stay at Red Bull through 2014
    Sebastian Vettel has committed his future to Red Bull Racing, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the German to remain at the outfit until the end of 2014.
    Very very surprised at the announcement. Not that, i, for a minute thought he was going to Ferrari as all the rumors were, but i thought he was Mercedes bound at the end of his contract and it looked like a natural progression for him.
    That makes the Mercedes seat which should fall vacant very tempting. Only if Kubica was still around

Sebastian Vettel is staunchly opposed to the system, arguing that the Melbourne solution is confusing.

"Let’s say I’m further away than 1 second from the car in the (designated) corner, but I get closer in the last three corners and I’m not allowed to press the button.

"How do you try to explain that?" said the Red Bull driver.

Couldn't agree more with you

Mark Hughes` Pirelli tire analysis. Sorry i can only attach screen shots cause it's a pdf file so no copy paste. At least i don`t know a way around it.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213146

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213147

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Until Fernando is at Ferrari, it isn't a good idea for Vettel to move there. And RBR are enjoying good success and have nailed the current aero regulations so it i would say he has made a good decision to stay at RBR.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Pirelli: Tyres on course to thrill<!-- end title -->
    Pirelli is confident that its tyres are on course to help produce thrilling races from the start of the new season, following the latest data gathered from Barcelona testing last week.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Glock: Virgin set to miss early targets<!-- end title -->
    Timo Glock fears that Virgin has not improved enough to join the established midfield runners at the start of the season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uk ... Me Too Using The Same OS
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213242
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Sauber says testing pace is genuine<!-- end title -->
    Sauber's technical director James Key says his team has been "honest" about its pace during winter testing, not running with low fuel loads until the very end.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Red Bull not trying to lure Hamilton<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has played down talk that it could make a move to lure Lewis Hamilton away from McLaren if the British driver gets disenchanted at his team's struggles.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso not writing off McLaren<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso thinks it is much too early to write rivals McLaren off - despite both Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button being pessimistic about their chances for 2011.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Michael adamant Williams fully ready<!-- end title -->
    Williams's technical director Sam Michael says his team is fully prepared for the start of the season despite some reliability issues hindering winter testing.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Bahrain GP hopes suffer big blow<!-- end title -->
    The already slim chances of the Bahrain Grand Prix returning to the Formula 1 calendar later this season now appear to be all but over after a state of emergency was declared in the Gulf state on Tuesday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Pirelli wants de la Rosa for final test<!-- end title -->
    Pirelli wants Pedro de la Rosa to do one final test before it goes about finding a full-time replacement to lead its development programme.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Senna Movie - They Nailed It

Sceptical thoughts filled my head when I first heard of the proposed Senna documentary. After viewing it last weekend I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Ayrton Senna. There aren’t many bigger names in Formula 1’s rich history. How could anybody be brave – or stupid – enough to tackle a subject of his size and mystic in film?

Senna was an extraordinary man for whom we’re all familiar with. A man who many of us, young or old, greatly admired and occasionally despised. A man who was taken in such a public fashion.

Could a documentary actually capture the complexity of Ayrton Senna? Could Senna do that?

Yes. And it does it beautifully.

Why F1 car numbers should matter

For a sport so driven by numbers, Formula 1 is remarkably reticent when it comes to clearly displaying the figures most useful for fans – car numbers.

However, fans keen for F1 to adopt clearer ways of identifying drivers have found a potentially powerful ally.

Step forward FIA president Jean Todt.

'' It is very difficult to identify a driver in car,'' Todt said.

'' I would like to see who is driving the car, from a long distance, and the number of the car. Like in NASCAR …a driver who is arriving in Formula 1, he gets a number. He would keep it for all of his career. You could identify a driver with a number.”

and a news ...

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213616

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw Steve doesn't like Brundle, professional rivalry you think?
    so u don't knw the truth yet ... well professional rivalry may be a lil factor, but the main reason i believe is Paula ... steve obviously doesn't wanna share ..

which is ??.. leopard ?? Win7 ?? ...

btw, UK have u noticed that Eddie was shrewd enough not to show his educational sites tabs in his browser while posting that screen-shot ?? .. its ok eddie.. u can hide but we know ...

but thanks for those snapshots UK,.. i could read a few lines ... i see the summary is that no matter how any driver drives, conservative or not, tires will give up pretty quickly ...

58 laps as far as i can recall.
    hmm.. so i say, start on softs (whatever is left of them ) and then switch to hards quickly.. cause eventually more overtaking will be done in pits... Pirelli will keep us guessing till the final pitstop ...

Bernie will have a heart attack
    "Motor racing's governing body, the FIA, had given Bahrain GP organisers until May 1 to resolve the political troubles that had forced the 2011 season opened to be called off and to request a new date."
    what the hell do they mean?? Gp organisers are that powerful and influential ??...

"If the Crown Prince is of the opinion that his country is able to host a race we will return to Bahrain," Ecclestone told the official F1 website earlier this year.
    lolz.. of course Bernie.. whatever u say...

VET won't be happy, neither will HAM be... and i don't see it happening...

Drivers will be allowed to activate their adjustable rear wings on the pit straight during next weekend’s Australian grand prix.

The overtaking zone for the Albert Park track was formally decided during a recent F1 team meeting with the FIA’s Charlie Whiting at the Barcelona test.

Because the Melbourne straight is quite short, the chasing car’s requisite 1 second gap will be measured at the circuit’s third to last corner, according to a report in Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

The rear wing adjust button may then be pressed at the exit of the final corner, with the wing needing to be back in place for braking for Turn 1. The overtaking zone is slightly more than the previously announced 600 metres.
    ... is that all ?? its very simple isn't it?.. where is the whole thing...

and i hate the term 'overtaking zone' .. according to them there is only one overtaking zone on the whole track ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Lotus Renault GP: "Packing their bags for Melbourne"

Renault F1 currently known as Lotus Renault GP is a Formula One racing team.

Teams are in motion for Melbourne!
    Very very soon will be the 1st race!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 213694 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 213695 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 213696 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 213697 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 213698
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Lotus Renault GP

THE RIDE & THE RIDERS:

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213701 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213702 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213703 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213704 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213705 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -213706

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Eddie

I was using 9.10, then made the mistake of going for what was it 10.10 and hated the side grid like thing. No way to get rid of it or even hide it so switched to 10.04 LTS.

What are you using?

@m_waqas

so u don't knw the truth yet ... well professional rivalry may be a lil factor, but the main reason i believe is Paula ... steve obviously doesn't wanna share ..
    You mean Steve has a soft spot for Paula? How ever you want to interpret "soft spot "

btw, UK have u noticed that Eddie was shrewd enough not to show his educational sites tabs in his browser while posting that screen-shot ?? .. its ok eddie.. u can hide but we know ...
    Eddie is a quick learner and very impressive i must say. Though i agree with you, he need not be embarrassed about his education and no need to hide those tabs.

but thanks for those snapshots UK,.. i could read a few lines ... i see the summary is that no matter how any driver drives, conservative or not, tires will give up pretty quickly ...
    You could click on the thumbnails, save them and open them with whatever you use and zoom in, would have helped read a few lines without getting a headache But yeah it is how you summed it up. sc****d by Pirelli, and good luck everyone.

Seems though that the Pirelli have been designed to work in hot temperature. Quite a unique tire if it fails to generate any heat as per the article. It could go well at races in European summer but fall away as we enter September and onwards

VET won't be happy, neither will HAM be... and i don't see it happening...
    The season hasn't started yet and Horner has opened his big mouth

hmm.. so i say, start on softs (whatever is left of them ) and then switch to hards quickly..
    Qualifying might not be so crucial this year as it has been, especially if the treat that Pirelli has prepared for us does materialize

Closed Thread

User Tag List