Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Australian GP Qualifying Session
    Pos Driver Team Time
    1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m23.529s + 0.778s
    2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.307s + 0.866s
    3. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m24.395s + 1.250s
    4. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.779s + 1.445s
    5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m24.974s + 1.718s
    6. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m25.247s + 1.892s
    7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m25.421s + 2.070s
    8. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m25.599s + 2.097s
    9. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m25.626s + 3.537s
    10. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m27.066s + 2.442s
    Q2 cut-off time: 1m25.882s
    11. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m25.971s
    12. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m26.103s
    13. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m26.108s
    14. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m26.739s
    15. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m26.768s
    16. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m31.407s
    17. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth
    Q3 cut-off time: 1m27.222s
    18. Nick Heidfeld Renault 1m27.239s
    19. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m29.254s
    20. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m29.342s
    21. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m29.858s
    22. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m30.822s
    23. Tonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth 1m32.978s
    24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m34.2932
    107% time: 1m31.266s
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - sad 3311 what the hell happened in qualis ??.. i need to watch the race tmrw ...

HAM 2nd , BUT 4th ?? .. damn man .. i mean congrats HULK.. how did that happen ??..

ALO only 5th ??.. i m not going to comment and i really don't wanna comment cause didn't watch it.. neither m i going to say anything about the race tmrw.. we'll see what happens.. right now i m too tired even to read news and details about quali ...

good job by KOB -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 and lolz @Schumi ...

It was hard for commentators towards the end to tell which cars were on primes and which on options. Yet another big thank you to Pirelli
    ?? ... lets cry together...

steve, what are the tire compounds for this race ??.. plz mention color codes too ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Redbull is way too fast and the gap seems to be bigger than last year. I am also disappointed by Schumi's performance. Last year was understandable as he was coming back after 3 years and everything was new for him unlike Rosberg, but this year everything's changed and its same for everybody and now his performance relative to Britney is inexcusable. He has to trump Rosberg otherwise it will affect how people look back at his career.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Rivals believe Red Bull still beatable<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing's rivals still believe they are in the hunt to topple Australian Grand Prix pole position man Sebastian Vettel in the first race of the season - despite admitting surprise at the speed the German showed as he grabbed pole position.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Horner surprised by Red Bull pace<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner has admitted that he is as surprised as everyone else about the strong form his team's new RB7 has shown in Australia.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus receives support from David Hunt<!-- end title -->
    Team Lotus has received a message of support from David Hunt, the man who used to own the name - just a few days after he had hit out at team principal Tony Fernandes.

@m_waqas
    No, I never forget my deeds, just look at the blog and it mentions something hilarious, Paula got married to her husband, Yeah right so that person was her husband before marriage. Excellent is not it.

What happened in Qualy was what was predicted by us throughout the testing, RedBull is a monster and especially in the hands of Vettel, Ferrari were caught out by the low track temperature as they can't generate the needed tyre temperature to put a good lap. McLarens have found their 1 sec that they have said they will found as they switch from their innovative exhaust design to conventional exhaust design and new floor.

Petrov, Kobayashi and STR's are the real surprise of the session, with Petrov outclassing Heidfeld, although Heidfeld was stupid enough to wait for the very last moment to put his first time lap of the session in Q1.

Michal is not that much off the pace, yes he was not able to make the cut but he was only 0.089 secs off the 10th position in Q2. Now he is on the best place to start with a new set of hard tyres for the race from 11.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I said it in my previous post, this is not a truly representative grid. Australia usually does throw up surprises. No one was ever in any doubt about the pace of Red Bull but Vettel is not 8/10ths quicker than Webber and that theme is repeated down the grid between team mates. Petrov in 6th and Heidfeld in 17th!

Alonso said if they had not taken a conservative approach, they would have been 4th on the grid, what ever he means by that. Whether he was talking as a team, keeping the race in mind or he was talking about himself. The cold conditions didn't help them and i suspect the same issue affected Mercedes. Sauber and Toro Rosso are no where near as close to Ferrari and Mercedes as they seem to be here on this track, in fact so much so that they have out qualified a Mercedes

I would wait at least one more race. the warmer conditions of Sepang, and possibly round 4 in Europe, because China could be cold and wet, before jumping to any conclusions. Racing is supposed to be quite different this year. I can see Ferrari, Mclaren and Mercedes getting together at some point during this season to lodge a protest against Red Bull's front wing, which without a shadow of doubt is flexing and flexing a lot. Pictures can be seen all over websites, none better than the one JA has on his blog. Even pictures posted by genius83 show how low the front wing is when the car is out on track. It could turn into a nasty season of accusations and counter accusations.

@genius83

What have you done to Paula and you didn`t even tell us
    Schumacher would have struggled to get into Q3 here anyway, had Rubens not made that rookie mistake and who ever that idiot is driving the Force India. Both cars looked good, especially the Force India. But he, Schumacher is now in prime position, 11th, and he can make progress if racing is anything like it's expected to be this season.

@m_waqas

Softs are yellow and hard are silver.

Good to know you and the kid are both okay. Has Steve been helping you with the kid? I assume it is his

A special thanks to Eddie for letting us know. You guys had kept it a secret.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari Should've Kept Kimi And Said Byebye To Massa ... Not Doing Anything Good To Ferrari ...

My Pleasure Uk ..
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So not only is MGP slower compared to last year, it is also unreliable. Fantastic...simply fantastic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great Job By Ferrari For Pulling Massa In For Stop And Leaving Stewards with only option to penalise button nichee nicheee i like it ferrari pace was goood in the latter part isnt it guys >?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Who was the idiot that gave Schumacher a puncture, was it Alguersuari? As Schumacher explained, driving back to the pits with a puncture damaged the floor which ended his race later on.

DRS didn`t help anyone pass people much this race. Might be more effective in Sepang and China.

Track temperature was a little higher and Ferrari's pace picked up. One Red Bull was comfortably beaten today, be it that Webber seemed out of sorts but underlines how unusual this race might turn out to be compared to the rest of the season.

I hate that rule. All Button did was avoid an accident, okay he should have given back the place, but gets shafted with a drive through penalty because both Ferrari drivers pitted Add to that the possible disqualification of Hamilton and ooopsss that won`t be a good weekend for Mclaren. They had good pace through out the race and Bulls don`t have the same race pace as they do in qualifying.

@BlackEye117

Who'd they replace him with this year? They were going to get rid of him and partner Alonso with Raikkonen, but Massa then had his accident and it would have been a PR disaster if they had dumped him after his big crash. People talk a lot about how he is not the same driver after his accident, which is bull$h*t. That accident saved his Ferrari career.

Interesting how both, Mr and Mrs Steve are missing Young Vet keeping them busy or

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like Perez great driving.
    I thought Hamilton will catch vettel but he damaged his car.
    As for Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3rd would have been sweeter for ALO but again its PET ... he's turning out to be his arch rival ... i think time has come to neutralize him.. should we use Eddie or Hulk ??..

unf**king believable pace by VET, thats steve's boy.. making him proud ...

--- text below is not for weak hearts, also applies to steve too (u can skip this part ) -------------------------------

what i feel is that if we take that unbelievably fast car from VET and give him the Ferrari or Mclaren, he would struggle to finish on podium, cause i think what he's used to is just driving fast on clear track and can't do well in 'wheel to wheel' racing.. he did overtake BUT today in a blinder of a move in just one attempt, but again he's got fastest car and he overtook from outside which was great to see but if he didn't have RBR but a ferrari or mclaren he would have to try hard and it might have taken him more than one attempts, which would eventually frustrated him and he might have ended it by crashing into BUT...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the other hand, i believe ALO did a reasonably better job.. i think he didn't panic and btw how many pit stops did he do eventually ?? ...

MAS did a decent job at the start keeping BUT stuck behind him..

i 've heard steve Slater saying that RBR wasn't even running with KERS ..

isn't BAR the most experienced guy on track ?? ... and what he did to ROS doesn't reflect all his experience in a good way..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

--- text below is not for weak hearts, also applies to steve too (u can skip this part ) -------------------------------

what i feel is that if we take that unbelievably fast car from VET and give him the Ferrari or Mclaren, he would struggle to finish on podium, cause i think what he's used to is just driving fast on clear track and can't do well in 'wheel to wheel' racing.. he did overtake BUT today in a blinder of a move in just one attempt, but again he's got fastest car and he overtook from outside which was great to see but if he didn't have RBR but a ferrari or mclaren he would have to try hard and it might have taken him more than one attempts, which would eventually frustrated him and he might have ended it by crashing into BUT...
    Where`d that come from Mrs Slatter, Is that a piece by you? Quite unlike you to write so much
    Let's rephrase that by saying, he is used to driving cars designed by Adrian Newey Much like Schumacher was used to driving and winning in cars designed by Rory Byrne.
    But that's no way to put down your new born

btw how many pit stops did he do eventually ??
    3 stops.
    i 've heard steve Slater saying that RBR wasn't even running with KERS ..
    They didn`t use it after friday because of reliability worries. Worked okay here and might be okay for a few races more but sooner or later they'll need it. Vettel might have been pacing him but they didn't have anywhere near the kind of pace they showed in qualifying.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel takes comfortable Australian GP victory
    Sebastian Vettel opened his title defence with a comfortable victory in an Australian Grand Prix that proved intriguing, but not did deliver the level of incident predicted with the new DRS overtaking system and Pirelli tyres. Lewis Hamilton coped with a broken floor on his McLaren to take second, but the star of the race was Renault's Vitaly Petrov, who made the most of an excellent start and a fine race drive thereafter to take his maiden podium in third.

Webber baffled by Australian GP pace
    Mark Webber says he plans to investigate all aspects of his Australian Grand Prix in a bid to understand why he finished a distant fifth, more than 41 seconds behind race-winner and team-mate Sebastian Vettel. The Australian has been uncharacteristically outpaced by the world champion throughout the weekend and was 0.8s slower than Vettel in qualifying as well, and seemed to be much heavier on the Pirelli tyres than the German.

Barrichello blames tyres for collision
    Rubens Barrichello says he was not trying to pass Nico Rosberg when he made contact with the Mercedes GP driver during the Australian Grand Prix. Barrichello crashed into Rosberg's car in what looked like an optimistic passing move at Turn 3. Rosberg was forced to retire while Barrichello continued only to be forced out on lap 49.

Petrov: Podium proves car's quality
    Vitaly Petrov believes his third place in the Australian Grand Prix is an indication of what the 2011 Renault is capable of, though he admitted he was not sure quite how good the car was before the race. The Russian qualified an impressive sixth, grabbed fourth at the start, and then secured third by making his tyres last through a two-stop strategy while main rivals Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso pitted three times.

Horner: Red Bull did not have KERS
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner revealed after Sebastian Vettel's season-opening victory in Melbourne that the team did not have KERS on its RB7s from Saturday onwards. There was speculation after Vettel took pole position that the team was planning to use an innovative 'start-only' KERS, but Horner told the BBC that the team had been concerned with reliability on its conventional system and merely opted not to run it.

Sauber duo disqualified from Australia
    Sauber drivers Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi have been disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix over a technical infringement. Perez, making his grand prix debut, had finished in a strong seventh position, one place ahead of his Japanese team-mate Kobayashi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default From Russia with love - Australian GP, Sunday 27 March

LRGP opened its 2011 account in fine style as Vitaly scored his first podium in just his 20<sup class="typo_exposants">th</sup> Formula 1 race.

• Both Nick and Vitaly adopted two-stop strategies: soft / soft / hard
    • Nick stopped on laps 15 and 30, while Vitaly made his stops on laps 16 and 36.
    • Vitaly set his best time on lap 55, while defending his third place from Fernando Alonso
    • Vitaly makes history as the first Russian to stand on a Formula 1 podium
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -219271

Vitaly Petrov, P3, R31-03

I’m delighted to be here on the podium, especially after the winter that we had as a team, which was very tough. Even during testing we didn’t really know where we were compared with the others, but we continued adding new parts to the car this weekend, and they worked pretty well. I made a great start today, which was probably the key for my race because it got me ahead of Alonso and Button, and I was able to run in some clean air and push hard, as well as looking after my tyres. Our two-stop strategy was clearly the right decision and we made it work. I have to say a big thanks to everyone in the team for working so hard and for supporting my over the winter. This result is for all of us and I’m totally ecstatic.

Nick Heidfeld, P14, R31-01
    Today was a tough race. I’m obviously disappointed not to finish in the points, but it just wasn’t possible, especially after I got hit on the first lap. It’s a shame because I had made such a good start from 18<sup class="typo_exposants">th</sup> to 12<sup class="typo_exposants">th</sup> by the first corner. The damage to the car was quite severe, mostly to the right hand bodywork, sidepod and engine cover. So it wasn’t a strong race for me at all. But, I’m pleased for the team and Vitaly that we have this excellent result today. It shows that we have a competitive car and that we can fight hard this year.

Eric Boullier, Team Principal and Managing Director
    The podium today is a huge relief and a big reward for all the work which has been done by all the team, and obviously I am very happy. It shows that the decision we took to be aggressive with the design of the car was the right call, and it’s something we can build on going forward. The performance of Vitaly was very strong and it shows that we can deliver strong results this season. In fact, I have no doubt that both our drivers can be fighting towards the front at the next race and that we can build on the competitiveness we have shown this weekend.

James Allison, Technical Director
    I’m utterly delighted for everyone in the team because it has not been easy getting here. I would be lying if I said I thought we’d earn a podium like we did today, but Vitaly’s place looked very good in qualifying and we knew we were competitive. We thought we were in with a shout of a good fight with the Ferraris, and we did exactly that. Going forward we will have more aero updates for the car in Malaysia, which are worth a few extra tenths. It should allow us to build on our strong showing today.

Riccardo Penteado, LRGP Engine Support Leader, Renault Sport F1
    A fantastic result for Lotus Renault GP today and a dream start to the season. Vitaly drove a great race, under lots of pressure from former world champion Fernando Alonso, but he didn’t make a single mistake and showed that the car has a huge amount of potential. He drove every lap like a qualifying lap and therefore we were a bit tight on the fuel towards the end of the race, but both he and the team managed the economy very well and finally it worked out how we wanted, in fact even better, with a podium. Nick’s race was compromised by some damage to the car. From the engine side we’re obviously very pleased with how it’s gone today and are already looking forward to Malaysia.’
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Lotus Renault GP

Lotus Renault GP

First race, first podium! Well done Vitaly and congrats to the whole team!!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 219277 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 219278
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@uk I Cant Think Of Anyone Who Can be replace massa .. kubica was a contender but hes out ... cant think of anyone else ... but i watched massa he wasnt doing that good job ... he was good in defending at the start but after that didnt impressed me at all ... ferrari have to get someone else who can bring the strong points ..alonso did a better job track temp went up that did helped him .compared to massa he had to come from i think 9th or 10th place .he got closer to petrov in the end but massa not impressed at all

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Barrichello positive over fresh tyres<!-- end title -->
    Rubens Barrichello hopes that his chances of recovering into the points in the Australian Grand Prix are boosted by the fact that he has several sets of brand new tyres left.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Heidfeld worried about Q1 traffic<!-- end title -->
    Nick Heidfeld thinks that the problems of traffic in Q1 could become a major worry throughout 2011, after a mix-up with backmarkers put him out of qualifying early on in Australia.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Schumacher retired for safety reasons<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher retired from the Australian Grand Prix for safety reasons after sustaining damage in a collision with Jaime Alguersuari on the first lap of the race in Melbourne.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Glad Vettel keeping feet on the ground<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel says he is keeping his feet on the ground despite a perfect start to his title defence in the Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus satisfied with race pace<!-- end title -->
    Lotus said it was very satisfied with its race pace in Melbourne, even though it did not achieve its aim of catching the more established midfield teams in the season opener.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Button says Massa pass ruined race<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button admitted getting stuck behind Felipe Massa ruined all his chances of a strong result at the Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Buemi praises Toro Rosso's form<!-- end title -->
    Sebastien Buemi says Toro Rosso is more competitive than last year after finishing in the points in the Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Force India not quite on points pace<!-- end title -->
    Force India admitted that at present it is not quite quick enough to score points after Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta finished 11th and 12th in Melbourne.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Perez didn't plan to one-stop to seventh<!-- end title -->
    Sauber rookie Sergio Perez says he did not plan to go through the Australian Grand Prix on just one tyre stop, after making an unfancied strategy pay off to score points in his maiden race.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Di Resta delighted with GP debut<!-- end title -->
    British rookie Paul di Resta says his Formula 1 debut was 'definitely worth the wait' after a strong showing in his maiden grand prix for Force India.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso unfazed by losing out to Petrov<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso says he is not worried about being beaten to the podium in the Australian Grand Prix by Renault's Vitaly Petrov - because he does not see the Russian as a title contender.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Sauber lodges notification to appeal<!-- end title -->
    The Sauber team has signalled its intention to appeal its disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Sauber seeks answers on wing design<!-- end title -->
    Sauber will conduct a detailed investigation at its factory into how its rear wing failed to comply with the technical regulations at the Australian Grand Prix, before it decides whether to keep pressing ahead with its appeal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Austrlian GP Result:
    Code:
    Australian GP Race Result
    Pos  Driver        Team                       Time
     1.  Vettel        Red Bull-Renault           1h29:30.259
     2.  Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes           +    22.297
     3.  Petrov        Renault                    +    30.560
     4.  Alonso        Ferrari                    +    31.772
     5.  Webber        Red Bull-Renault           +    38.171
     6.  Button        McLaren-Mercedes           +    54.300
     7.  Perez         Sauber-Ferrari             +  1:05.800
     8.  Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari             +  1:16.800
     9.  Massa         Ferrari                    +  1:25.100
    10.  Buemi         Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +     1 lap
    11.  Sutil         Force India-Mercedes       +     1 lap
    12.  Di Resta      Force India-Mercedes       +     1 lap
    13.  Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +     1 lap
    14.  Heidfeld      Renault                    +     1 lap
    15.  Trulli        Lotus-Renault              +    2 laps
    16.  D'Ambrosio    Virgin-Cosworth            +    3 laps
    Fastest lap: Massa, 1:28.947

Not classified/retirements:
    Driver        Team                         On lap
    Glock         Virgin-Cosworth              50
    Barrichello   Williams-Cosworth            49
    Rosberg       Mercedes                     22
    Kovalainen    Lotus-Renault                19
    Schumacher    Mercedes                     19
    Maldonado     Williams-Cosworth            10
    Liuzzi        HRT-Cosworth                 DNQ
    Karthikeyan   HRT-Cosworth                 DNQ
    World Championship Standings:
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
     1.  Vettel        25        1.  Red Bull-Renault           35
     2.  Hamilton      18        2.  McLaren-Mercedes           26
     3.  Petrov        15        3.  Renault                    15
     4.  Alonso        12        4.  Ferrari                    14
     5.  Webber        10        5.  Sauber-Ferrari             10
     6.  Button         8        6.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari          1
     7.  Perez          6       
     8.  Kobayashi      4       
     9.  Massa          2       
    10.  Buemi          1
    After Sauber's Disqualification, revised race result and championship standings are:
    Code:
    Revised Australian GP Result
    Pos  Driver        Team                      
     1.  Vettel        Red Bull-Renault
     2.  Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes
     3.  Petrov        Renault
     4.  Alonso        Ferrari
     5.  Webber        Red Bull-Renault
     6.  Button        McLaren-Mercedes
     7.  Massa         Ferrari
     8.  Buemi         Toro Rosso-Ferrari
     9.  Sutil         Force India-Mercedes
    10.  Di Resta      Force India-Mercedes
    11.  Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari
    12.  Heidfeld      Renault
    13.  Trulli        Lotus-Renault
    14.  D'Ambrosio    Virgin-Cosworth
    Revised World Championship Standings:
    Code:
    Revised World Championships Standings
     1.  Vettel        25        1.  Red Bull-Renault           35
     2.  Hamilton      18        2.  McLaren-Mercedes           26
     3.  Petrov        15        3.  Ferrari                    18
     4.  Alonso        12        4.  Renault                    15
     5.  Webber        10        5.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari          4
     6.  Button         8        6.  Force India                 3
     7.  Massa          6
     8.  Buemi          4
     9.  Sutil          2
    10.  di Resta       1
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I have to attend a family event and no not with Paula. So, missed the first 50 mins of the race, don't know what happened in that part only sees the highlights which are just highlights as they don't give a clue how Schumacher have to retire, how Vettel overtakes Button, why Barrichello crash into Rosberg, Why Button got a drive thru penalty. Lookslike I miss the whole action is not it.

What I have seen raise some questions, so here they are:
    1) Why Alonso needs 3 stops, when he is being considered a good tyre manager, also why he goes in the pits just a lap after Webber, Is he doing the same mistake again that he did in AbuDhabi last year?

2) How Perez was able to get the tyres to last that much time that he only needs one stop, Are Saubers that gentle on tyres that they could work this kind of strategy in the future too.

3) DRS situation just got even funnier then previously it was with Perez showing a loop hole, as in the closing stages he was almost behind Massa at the DRS designated corner and Massa dives in the pits while Perez use the DRS coming out of the last corner to work it on the straight. This is something which is not what DRS is intended, Right???

4) Because of the upper situation another thought just raised in my mind that what if there are more then 3 cars in that DRS designated corner, is not that means that we will have 2 cars with the ability to overtake on the upcoming straight, It would be funny to see 2 cars trying to overtake another car and the result could be all 3 cars outbraking eachother at the next turn and going wide.

5) The Australian GP Stewards are total idiots, how the hell they miss the Sauber infriction after Qualifying checks when the cars were in the parc ferme'. It looks like some one was shocked with their performance and want to discourage them.

6) You have said a possible disqualification for Hamilton, may I knows the reason.

Now some of my thoughts about the race Vettel's win and I am happy, it is also the first time since Turkey 2009 that the Championship Leader has won the race. The Pirelli's proved to be better then the expectations were, yes they have high wear but that was the intentions from the start, still a driver manages the tyres so much that he only needs one stop. Heidfeld not impressed but Petrov impressive.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow!!! hamilton 2nd, thts a great start from hamilton, soon mclaren will upgrade more things in there car too thn hamilton for the 1st place in every races. drink company done it again. come on mclaren ferrari do something

why disqualification for hamilton UK? please elaborate.

im worried about ferrari, alonso drive very impressively better thn the massa, massa should b replaced by kimi. definitely.
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 219643

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 219644
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Genius .. Q6 Ans ,,,, Hamiltons car was damaged under floor and race engineering was talking to hamilton about that .. it was dangerous thats why uk said that ... rest of it uk can tell in detail

@Alireyaz Dont Worry Much About Ferrari you'll see in next few races

Closed Thread

User Tag List