Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yet another total borefest in Valencia, despite all the DRS, KERS and relatively fast deteriorating Pirelli tyres (which although didn't deteriorate much in Valencia). There was overtaking, however pointless as that didn't change the result much.

All the top 10 drivers in qualifying ended up in top 10 at the end of the race, except for Schumacher who had an accident, which was the only reason he was not in final top 10. Vettel, Massa, Button and Rosberg in fact ended up at the same position they started.

Proved that no matter what technology you bring in this Valencia circuit, it will continue to remain an extremely boring event for the spectators. It is Monaco without all the glamor, celebrities, scenery, buildings, etc. Even the accidents frequency is low as compared to Monaco where the circuit is narrow and a slight mistake brings the safety car, hence the fun.

Someone pls. bring back the Nurburgring circuit to host European GPs!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

damn!!! vettel for the title again, come on mclaren ferrari do something, everytime the same result p*** me off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khurem..
    couldn't agree with u more buddy.. though i didn't watch but i don't see any point in watching anyway .. this just remind me of Schumacher days..

good for ALO but Ferrari should start working/focusing on next years car..

i m also in favor of Nurburgring...

ALONSO: "WE'RE HAVING A VERY BAD YEAR"

On the eve of the European Grand Prix at Valencia, Fernando Alonso said all is not lost in his and Ferrari’s quest to win the world championship this year, but admitted that the team was having “a very bad year.”

He also said that his own performance is as strong as at any time in his career and compared his performances to his team mate Felipe Massa, “These seven races.. I think I drove the best seven races of my career, with the best qualifying laps, compared to my teammate, compared to last year,” he said.

After a slow start where he qualified fifth in the first four races, Alonso had a chance to win both the last two races in Monaco and Canada, where he qualified second, but he wasn’t able to make it happen.

Speaking on Thursday he said, “I think we need to have the best car. If we have the best car we can win the title because there is plenty of time and plenty of races to recover. If we are fifth or sixth, as we are normally in qualifying etc, it’s very difficult because you cannot get the pace that everybody is doing.

“I think the championship is long. We need to concentrate, race by race. We will try to be on the podium, we will try to win every race we do. Obviously this is sometimes very difficult or impossible but this is our aim.

“This is also some pressure that you have when you are at Ferrari or when you are Ferrari. You need to win every race that you do, you need to win every championship that you do and despite these seven races when I think I drove the best seven races of my career, with the best qualifying laps, compared to my teammate, compared to last year, comparing different years, the starts etc.

“Even with that, it seems that the season has been a very bad season so far, which, in some ways I agree with, because we are Ferrari, we are obliged to win every race but in some other ways, I think we need to understand and respect our rivals and to work harder than them and to close that gap in the near future.”

Alonso didn’t want to raise hopes that the changes in the off throttle diffuser rules from Silverstone and the engine mapping changes this weekend in Valencia will put the Red Bulls behind the Ferraris. He sees it that Red Bull have the performance to be able to push when they want to and take it easy at other times.

“I don’t think it (the rule change) will massively change qualifying. I think Sebastian was quickest in qualifying (in Montreal). It’s true that it wasn’t one second, it was two tenths, but he was the quickest in wet conditions at the start of the race.

“We were following him and he was nearly eight tenths or nine tenths quicker than us on Sunday with race mapping. We saw a superior car at that moment, a dominant car, the Red Bull, in qualifying and in the race as well. It seems that sometimes they push a little bit more, sometimes a little bit less. Because of that, in races you seem a little bit closer.”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -259844
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -259845 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -259846 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -259847
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reading this now makes me laugh .. poor BUT.

James Allen Ristorante Montana Ferrari Tour - Behind the scenes in Ferrari's Canteen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    Red Bull will not run away with the European Grand Prix
    Jenson Button says he is not worried about the prospect of Red Bull Racing running away with another victory in the European Grand Prix - as he predicts Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber will face a tough challenge in Sunday's race.

HAHAHAHAHA....
    Poot But. Making butt of himself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

The son of F1 Champion Keke Rosberg, who's consistently been beating his 7 time World Champion teammate, speaks fluent German, English, Italian, Spanish, and French, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO ROSBERG!!!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -260079

Nico Erik Rosberg born 27 June 1985 in Wiesbaden, West Germany is a racing driver for the Mercedes GP F1 team. He races under the German flag in Formula One, although he competed for Finland earlier in his career. He holds dual nationality of these two countries.
    Rosberg won the 2005 GP2 Series for the ART team, having raced in Formula Three Euroseries previously for his father's team.
    Rosberg joined the re-branded Mercedes team, formed by the takeover of 2009 constructors' champions Brawn GP, for the 2001 F1 season .
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default European GP

European GP - Best result of the season in Valencia. Fernando second, Felipe fifth after attacking from start to finish!!!
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -260479
    The European Grand Prix produced twenty eight points for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, thanks to a second place for Fernando Alonso and a fifth for Felipe Massa. It is the best result of the season for the Maranello team, which came at the end of a very closely contested race, as indeed had been predicted earlier in the weekend. After eight races the drivers’ positions in the classification remain unchanged, with Fernando fifth and Felipe sixth and also the Scuderia is still third in the Constructors’ championship. The next round takes place on 10 July at Silverstone, at the circuit where Ferrari scored the first of its 215 Grands Prix victories sixty years ago.

Stefano Domenicali: "Our only target has to be the victory- we are Ferrari after all – but today, all things considered, we can be pleased with this result. It was an exciting and very evenly matched contest: Fernando and Felipe drove great races, fighting right to the end with their main rivals. The Spanish driver, in front of his home fans, managed to end up ahead of a Red Bull to secure a fantastic podium finish".

Fernando Alonso: "I was determined to get on the podium. In my trophy collection, the only ones now missing are from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and, naturally, India. I hope I can complete the collection by the end of the year! I was really pleased to taste champagne again, especially in front of this lovely crowd in Valencia, an amazing city where there is a great passion for racing. This result means a lot to me. It’s hard to see the grandstands when you are driving, but I could feel there was great enthusiasm when I passed Webber. This is a positive result for the whole team, as it confirms we are working in the right direction".

Felipe Massa: "It was a good race spent constantly fighting other drivers. I tried to get the most out of the Option tyres because we reckoned that with the Prime, our pace was not at its best. It was a shame about the problem at my second pit stop, when I lost those four or five seconds which cost me the chance of fighting Hamilton for fourth place. I think that, from what have seen in performance terms, today we should have got both our cars ahead of the McLarens, and we only half succeeded in that. I got a very good start, passing Hamilton and Fernando. Then, I also tried to attack Webber, but he closed the door on me and we almost touched, so Fernando got the chance to go round the outside and pass me back. I had a few problems with my second set of soft tyres, but with the next one, which was even more worn at the beginning, things went much better".

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 495pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 7.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt" border=1 cellPadding=0 width=660><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" colSpan=6>
    Race

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Driver<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - TDPos.<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Time<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Gap<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Laps<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">FL<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Alonso<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">2nd<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">1:39.47.060<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">+10.891<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">57<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">1.42.308<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Massa<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">5th<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">1:40.27.874<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">+51.705<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">57<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">1.42.705<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default European GP

European GP - Biggest points haul of the season

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -260497

Valencia, 26 June – Fernando Alonso had said he really wanted to salute his home fans from the podium in Valencia, after failing to do so in Barcelona five weeks ago and today he succeeded. The man from Oviedo finished a fantastic second in the European Grand Prix and, helping to bring home Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro’s biggest points haul of the season, Felipe Massa came home fifth. Almost inevitably, the win went to pole man Sebastian Vettel, the Red Bull Racing driver taking his sixth victory from eight races. Joining the German and the Spaniard on the podium was third placed Mark Webber.

When the lights went out, Felipe got a fantastic start, shooting past his team-mate and Hamilton to come up behind second placed Webber. But the Brazilian got a bit boxed in by the Australian at the first corner, which allowed Fernando to come back again to take third, so that Vettel led from Webber and the two Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro drivers, with Hamilton, Rosberg and Button leading the pursuit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Already working towards Silverstone

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -260552

There’s no pausing for breath in this hot summer of Formula 1. Even though the situation in both championships is not what was hoped for back in the winter, work goes on flat out at Maranello on developing the 150° Italia with a view to making up the performance gap that has developed over the past few months.

The European Grand Prix produced Ferrari’s best result from the first eight races of this year, which is obviously a good thing, but it is definitely not the end product. Fernando Alonso’s second place and Felipe Massa’s fifth confirmed what was already clear from the two previous races in Monaco and Montreal, but it is still not enough, as the next challenge is to try and have a car that is equally competitive at tracks where aerodynamic efficiency is the key factor, such as Silverstone which hosts the next event, the British Grand Prix which is the ninth round of the season.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pirelli vows to stay neutral
    Pirelli says it will not be pressured into favouring one team over another when it comes to making a final decision on tyre compounds for the British Grand Prix - despite Ferrari admitting that its hopes of challenging Red Bull Racing could be hurt if the rubber is too hard.

Hard tyres for Silverstone would jeopardise Ferrari's surge
    Felipe Massa believes Ferrari's ever-improving challenge against Red Bull Racing could be stalled at the British Grand Prix if Pirelli elects to take its hard tyre to that event.

Sebastian Vettel still chasing more wins
    Sebastian Vettel's focus will remain very much on winning every race he can, even though his healthy championship lead now means he can start playing the numbers game to secure himself his second world title.

McLaren still 'optimistic' about British Grand Prix
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh says he remains an 'optimist' about Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button's chances for the British Grand Prix, despite a difficult time in Valencia last weekend.

Paul Ricard circuit boss steps down
    Gerard Neveu has stepped down as head of the Paul Ricard circuit, shortly after the announcement that he was heading up the taskforce entrusted with getting the French Grand Prix back on the Formula 1 calendar.

Trulli argues that perfect reliability is bad for F1<!-- end title -->
    Jarno Trulli says the excellent finishing record that modern Formula 1 cars are displaying is reducing the level of excitement in the sport.

Hamilton insists not giving up on title
    Lewis Hamilton has insisted that he remains focused on doing all he can to win the world championship this year, despite having admitted in Valencia on Sunday night that the title fight was all but over.

Williams appoints Somerville and Gillan
    Williams has made the next steps in its ongoing technical rethink by appointing a new head of aerodynamics and a new chief operations engineer.

Horner hopeful Webber can match Vettel
    Red Bull Racing is hopeful that Mark Webber can get himself into a position now to challenge Sebastian Vettel regularly for race victories, on the back of his strong showing in the European Grand Prix.

Red Bull Racing eyeing new Renault engine deal<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has set its sights on extending its engine partnership deal with Renault - having revealed it was already close to a new contract before last week's rules switch to 1.6-litre V6 turbos for Formula 1 in 2014.

@Khurem
    Nurburgring is already hosting German GP this season after an agreement with Hockenheim for alternating the race between the 2 circuits. As neither tracks have the level of financial backing to host the race regularly at the same venue. Plus European GP should be a rotating GP between different countries of Europe rather then making it stick to 1 track for long period of time like Valencia have a deal of hosting the European GP till 2016.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    @Khurem
    Nurburgring is already hosting German GP this season after an agreement with Hockenheim for alternating the race between the 2 circuits. As neither tracks have the level of financial backing to host the race regularly at the same venue. Plus European GP should be a rotating GP between different countries of Europe rather then making it stick to 1 track for long period of time like Valencia have a deal of hosting the European GP till 2016.
    Ok, thanks genius83 I didn't know that. Personally, I like both Nurburgring and Hockenheim as they are traditional race tracks with nice flowing design and entertaining races. With these tyres, KERS, DRS, i'm expecting quite entertaining races in Britain, Germany, Brazil and especially Belgium (also hoping wet weather conditions there, as has generally been the case there).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

European GP - Biggest points haul of the season
    sad ... second is their highest achivement this year, not a single win.. even Mclaren has performed better than that ...

.. is that so ?? or MAS is trying to find scapegoat in advance?? ... i hope its not the case with ALO..

thats interesting read...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull: “Rules changed but not the result”

Red Bull’s Renault engine liaison Cyril Dumont summed up the consequences of the revised rules on engine mappings in Valencia: “the rules have changed, but not the results”.

Sebastian Vettel romped to an easy victory and Mark Webber joined him on the podium.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -260902

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Paula .. sadly it is the case with alonso too on the harder tyres .. he was leading the race with the softs and finished a lap down after switching to harder ones....
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diffuser ban will cost Red Bull half a second per lap<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says the team will lose half a second per lap with the introduction of a ban on off-throttle blown diffusers from the British Grand Prix.

Pirelli chooses hard and soft tyre compounds for the British GP
    Pirelli has announced that it will take its soft and hard compounds to the British Grand Prix weekend, despite Ferrari's admitting its chances will be hurt with the use of the latter.

Vettel says he 'completely happy' at Red Bull Racing<!-- end title -->
    World champion Sebastian Vettel says he is "completely happy" at Red Bull Racing, admitting he is not into "myths" like Ferrari or Mercedes right now.

Martin Donnelly to drive his 1990 Lotus F1 car
    Martin Donnelly will return to the cockpit of a Lotus 102 for the first time since his horrific Spanish Grand Prix Crash of 1990 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Alonso philosophical about Pirelli's tyre choice for the British GP
    Fernando Alonso is staying philosophical about the tyre choice for the British GP, although the Spaniard admits the hard tyre will be one more challenge for Ferrari.

FIA rubber-stamps new 1.6-litre V6 engine plans
    Formula 1 will officially switch to a 1.6-litre V6 engine format from 2014 after proposals finalised by the sport's stakeholders during last weekend's European Grand Prix were rubber-stamped by the FIA's World Motorsport Council on Wednesday.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default British Grand Prix

2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -262695

Time: Sunday, July 10 . 1 PM - 4 PM (Time in GMT)

More Info:

Established: 1947

Circuit Legnth: 3.66 Mies (5.891 KM)

Number of Turns: 18

Number of Laps: 52

Race Distance: 190.28 Miles (306.227 KM)

Lap Record: 1:30.874 - Fernando Alonso

Capacity: 15,000

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA Scraps Plan for 4-Cylinder Engines in Formula One

Bowing to pressure from team owners, race-circuit managers and the series supremo Bernie Ecclestone, the governing body of Formula One announced Wednesday that it would shelve a plan to require 4-cylinder engines on all racecars in 2013.
    Under a compromise reached last week between team owners and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobie, racecars would be equipped with 6-cylinder engines for 2014 and beyond.
    The decision may have partially undermined Jean Todt, the president of the FIA, and his effort to project a more environmentally aware image for Formula One, which was among his top priorities when he assumed office in 2009. Still, the 6-cylinder engines are said to achieve 35 percent greater fuel efficiency than the 2.4-liter V-8 units that have been standard in races since 2006.
    Under the plan originally put forward by Mr. Todt in December, Formula One teams would have been required to use turbocharged 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engines limited to 12,000 r.p.m., whereas the normally aspirated V-8s can rev to 18,000 r.p.m. Race-circuit managers argued that the lower-revving engines would detract from the races’ aural spectacle, which would in turn hurt gate receipts. The turbocharged 1.6-liter 6-cylinder engines take the middle road, revving to a 15,000 r.p.m. limit while reportedly generating about 750 horsepower, matching the output of the current V-8s.
    The FIA also ruled on a new energy-recovery standard for racecars. Currently, teams can run kinetic energy recovery systems, called KERS, which capture energy from braking that would otherwise be lost as heat. Dropping the “K” from the formula yields greater power, according to a statement from Formula One. The series also claimed that the more robust standard would make up for any performance lost in the switch to the 6-cylinder units.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default British Grand Prix

Ricciardo to Race for HRT at Silverstone

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -262752

Australias Daniel Ricciardo will make his Formula One race debut with the HRT team at next weekends 2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix.

Red Bull protege Ricciardo is expected to take the place of Narain Karthikeyan.The move is part of collaboration deal signed on Thursday whereby HRT will support Red Bull Racing in Ricciardo's "formation and development" ahead of a potential race drive for the 21 years-old with one of Red Bull's own team next season.

Good Luck Daniel!!!<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD width="12%"><LABEL for=rb_iconid_14>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Martin Whitmarsh says America needs two grands prix per year

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -262770

FOTA chairman Martin Whitmarsh wants Formula 1 to hold two races per season in America to enable the sport to 'conquer' the country.
    The McLaren team principal was speaking at Thursday's FOTA Fan Forum held at his team's Woking base. He expressed the importance of the American market to Formula 1, and added that he feels it is worthy of two races.

"America doesn't need us, but we need to conquer it," said Whitmarsh. "In the past we didn't do enough. I think we need to go there; maybe we need two races per year.
    "We need to have a proper marketing programme and create the interest. We can't just have a race there and come back, we've actually got to try harder."

Whitmarsh highlighted the east and west coasts of America as the best areas for the sport to target, but he added that he was hopeful the new race in Texas can be a success.
    "We've got Texas and I hope it's going to be a very successful race, but the natural place for us is east coast/west coast," he said. "There's a great opportunity there, and we've really got to make sure of it.
    "I think there should be two races, it's a big enough and important enough market that we should be over there. Long Beach, and around New York, those are the places where we can really create an interest in Formula 1."
    The McLaren boss added that he expects the sport to have to push harder to promote itself in years to come.

"Formula 1 hasn't had to sell itself in the past, the fans have come to us," he added. "We've got to recognise that there's lots of competition in the entertainment business, we're just part of it.
    "We've got to do a lot better. We have to go there, educate, explain, promote and market our sport."
    <!-- End Main Box-->

Closed Thread

User Tag List