Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Major boost for Austin circuit as city council endorses United States GP
    Next year's United States Grand Prix in Austin has been given a major boost by the city council officially endorsing the race.

Qantas to support Mark Webber in bid to get pilot's licence
    Australian airline Qantas has announced plans to help its ambassador Mark Webber to obtain his pilot's licence.

Ricciardo set to replace Narain Karthikeyan at HRT at the British GP<!-- end title -->
    Daniel Ricciardo is set to make his Formula 1 debut at the British Grand Prix for HRT as replacement for Narain Karthikeyan.

Button says he is not ready to talk about his future just yet
    Jenson Button says he is not ready to discuss his future just yet, as he is enjoying working with McLaren so much at the moment.

Whitmarsh says America needs two grands prix per year
    FOTA chairman Martin Whitmarsh wants Formula 1 to hold two races per season in America to enable the sport to 'conquer' the country.

Kolles set to step aside in Hispania team reshuffle
    HRT is set to undertake a management reshuffle in the next few weeks, with team principal Colin Kolles poised to step aside to allow the owning Carabante family to take more direct control.

Red Bull says Vettel and Webber are evenly-matched<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing's head of car engineering Paul Monaghan believes that the level of competitiveness at the front of the grid is exaggerating the difference between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.

Hispania confirms Ricciardo will race for it from Silverstone<!-- end title -->
    Hispania has confirmed that Daniel Ricciardo will make his Formula 1 racing debut in one of its cars at the British Grand Prix.

Ken Block's plans for F1 test hit trouble
    Ken Block's plans to test Pirelli's Formula 1 car at Monza in August have hit an early hurdle after it was discovered he is too tall to fit into the car.

FIA: New V6 engines will sound like proper F1 power-units
    The FIA is adamant that the sound of the new generation of Formula 1 engines due to come into force in 2014 will be 'representative' of the contemporary power-units.

Rosberg committed to Mercedes, but calls for winning car soon
    Nico Rosberg has told his Mercedes GP chiefs that he remains fully committed to helping the outfit make the push to the front of the grid - but admits he needs to get himself in a winning car as soon as he can.

Hamilton, Button target home glory at the British Grand Prix
    McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button are both hoping a partisan home crown can inspire them to victory at the British Grand Prix next weekend.

Montezemolo says Ferrari cannot give up on 2011 championships
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says he does not want to hear any talk of giving up on this year's championships despite the gap to Red Bull.

Button's knee issue no problem for British Grand Prix
    Jenson Button will be fully fit for next weekend's British Grand Prix despite a minor jet-ski injury forcing him to abandon plans to run in a 2008 Formula 1 McLaren at Goodwood yesterday.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

July 3rd, it's Sebastian Vettel's birthday today!-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - search3Fq3Dsebastian2Bvettel26hl3Den26sa3DX26biw3D136626bih3D66726tbm3Disch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mario Theissen: Farewell to all that

As Mario Theissen retires, the former BMW Motorsport chief looks back at his achievements and his time in F1 with AUTOSPORT's Jonathan Noble.
    In an exclusive interview, Theissen recalls the Williams years and the 2008 title-chase with Robert Kubica among other highlights of a 34-year career

By Jonathan Noble
    AUTOSPORT Group F1 Editor

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> </td> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - space
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533385
    "I remember a test day in Jerez in January 2000 where we blew up three or four engines in the first few hours. All of them were on the first lap, at the same corner of the circuit. We did it until we understood that we had to preheat the oil…"

Mario Theissen can look back now and laugh about the early headaches of BMW's return to Formula 1 at the beginning of the last decade. But at the time, his was a job that delivered as much stress as it did success.

From seeing the fruit of his labours result in a 'debut' podium with Williams in Australia in 2000, through to wins with Williams and BMW Sauber, and up until that day in the summer of 2009 when chiefs in Munich pulled the plug on the whole F1 project, Theissen was at the centre of a remarkable era in modern F1.

So it was with a tinge of sadness that at an office at BMW's headquarters in Munich last night, that amazing chapter came to an end when Theissen's desk was tidied up for the last time, its contents packed into cardboard boxes and its owner signed off at the front desk; walking towards a new life of retirement.

This morning BMW's now former director of motorsport, begins a new phase in his life – but the toils of his efforts over the last 12 years are still at the forefront of those who still work in F1. And it said much for the impact that Theissen made in motorsport that at his farewell party in Munich this week a host of leading names made the effort to fly in.

<table class="pictable" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="275"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533547 Theissen was influential in shaping Vettel's career © LAT
    </td></tr></tbody></table> World champion Sebastian Vettel joked about 'still practicing to grow a moustache' like Theissen's; Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali was seen chatting late into the night; Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug made a rare visit to the rival German car maker; Nick Heidfeld came to see his former boss; and Alessandro Zanardi gave a tearful tribute to the man who made him a winner again.

Theissen is a man who was BMW born-and-bred; and found out from his very first day on the job that corporate life is all about the fight for survival; the quest to improve; and the need to justify your existence.

"It was 34 years ago," Theissen told AUTOSPORT, reflecting on his last day at BMW about his very first one there. "I started as a calculation engineer in the engine department. At that time, it consisted of two people, and all the others in engine design and development were not really sure that we needed an engine calculation team. So that was quite an adventurous time!

"I enjoyed it. The company was rapidly growing at that time and it became evident quite quickly that we needed something like this, so I got the support. I did it, if I remember right, for three or four years before moving on to the next assignments. I stayed about 15 years in engine R&D and that was a good time."

Theissen made good progress up the BMW ladder, and thought he had reached the peak of his career when he helped set up offices for an innovation centre in California.

"I was happy with being with the road car R&D, and I didn't actively try to move over to the racing department. After 15 years on R&D I was assigned as head of the innovation centres – at that time, it was BMW Technic here in Munich as a think tank.

"In my time I was able to found the second office in California. That was a period of five years and, at that time, I thought in terms of job satisfaction it could only go downwards! That was really thrilling already.

<table style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 10px" class="pictable" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="275"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533613 May not look like it here, but Theissen says working with Berger was the most fun he had © LAT
    </td></tr></tbody></table> "It was a very good environment to work in – it was about the future of cars, concept cars, new technologies, working with great companies, start-up companies in Silicon Valley mainly, and it was really good. But then I was asked to move over to motorsport."

Yet for a man who had been in love with motor racing all his life, it was amazing to hear that he initially had said 'no' to the offer of working in F1.

"I have always been very fond of racing. I have been very interested as a true fan, but I didn't really steer my career towards this direction. The brief was to work alongside Gerhard Berger and get the Formula 1 project on track. But initially I refused because very rarely does it work with two bosses in the same department.

"There was a second attempt by our CEO and I could not reject it for a second time, so I had a meeting with Gerhard. And it showed immediately that it would be great. That the chemistry was fine, we understood each other and, more importantly, we understood that we had complimentary skills.

"What he knew about racing I knew about the company and about technology. So it was the perfect fit and, as I have said before, I think the four years with Gerhard were the biggest fun in my professional career."

So does Theissen think that BMW's plans could have happened were it not for both of them working together? "No. I didn't have the network in racing, and Gerhard didn't have the network inside BMW. It was not an option."

The tie-up with Williams would deliver impressive results straightaway with that podium finish for Ralf Schumacher at Melbourne in 2000 – which was the most successful start for an engine manufacturer since that famous Cosworth debut in 1967.

Yet, despite the fanfare at the time, Theissen confesses that he had been anything but confident about what would be achieved in that first year.
    "I was very concerned in 1999," he recalls. "It was the most critical decision of my career to join motorsport and take over, because it was on the edge to get the F1 engine running for the first race.

"Then straight away we had the podium, but that was more luck than anything. We were not even able to complete one race distance before the race – not on the dyno and not on the track.
    <table class="pictable" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="275"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533818 First 'Theissen' GP win came at Imola in 2001 © LAT
    </td></tr></tbody></table> "I remember a test day in Jerez in January where we blew up three or four engines in the first few hours. All of them were on the first lap, at the same corner of the circuit. We did it until we understood that we had to preheat the oil…"

The Williams/BMW partnership grew in stature though. By the following year it was clear BMW had the best engine in F1 – and at Imola Schumacher took its first pole position and first victory. By 2002 the team was a regular for pole position; finishing 1-2 in races and it reached the landmark achievement of getting 19,000rpm out of its power-units.

"In 2003, we were fighting for the title. We had a slow start, like in the year before, but then we won Monaco and by the summer break we were leading the championship. So we were really there. In the final part of the season, several mistakes happened and we ended up not winning. It was close, but it happens."

That would be as close as Williams would get to the title though. And, as the march to the front stalled, it was clear all was not well with the team and BMW.

There was regular talk of friction between Grove and Munich – which were famously exacerbated by the fact that Theissen and Patrick Head did not see eye to eye on several professional matters. Looking back now, Theissen raises a smile when asked about how his relationship with Head was.

"Patrick is a great guy. I really enjoy being with him, to talk to him, to have fun with him. But it was not easy to work with him because we have totally different working styles. And… yeah. That created a bit of tension here and there. But both of us can laugh about it today."

<table style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 10px" class="pictable" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="275"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533893 As the relationship aged, cracks between Williams and BMW emerged © LAT
    </td></tr></tbody></table> There was talk at the time of BMW wanting more influence at decisions at Williams. Talk too of perhaps an equity stake that Frank Williams was fully resistant to. In the end, though, Theissen hints about cultural difference being to blame for the failure of their partnership.

"The corporate culture of Williams and BMW Motorsport were very different, and it would have taken a major effort to gel these two different cultures into one new team culture. For that reason, we never considered that would be the way forward."

For 2006 a new chapter was embarked, with BMW taking over the Sauber team. It was a totally fresh approach for the company; and one that equally was not fraught without its own institutional difficulties.

"Clearly there were some frictions as well," says Theissen. "We had to restructure both sides, Munich and Hinwil, in order to create an overall optimum, or what we thought would be an overall optimum.

"And I remember quite well that it was quite a tough test to move the transmission activities to Munich. That was my decision because in my view the powertrain was something that should be in one hand – so engine and gearbox together. And, apparently, that was a test on the Hinwil side.
    "On the other hand, it was clear that the team was led through Hinwil and not through Munich, so that was something that not everyone liked over here [in Munich]. It worked out quite well and by 2008 we really had a strong and homogenous team, and that was quite quick."

Indeed that year, the team had come off finishing second in the constructors' championship the previous campaign. In Canada, Robert Kubica's victory had catapulted him to the head of the title standings, and this looked like a proper title challenge.

The form fell away though – prompting widespread conspiracy theories. One story doing the rounds was that Theissen had not pushed enough for the title because he knew that as soon as BMW won the championship it would quit the sport.

That was, so the rumourmongers suggested, why Robert Kubica got so annoyed in trying to encourage the team to win the crown and finding there was not the hunger there to seize the moment – as instead it wanted to prepare itself better for 2009.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309533929

Theissen scoffs at the talk. Although he concedes now with hindsight that BMW may well have plugged the plug at the end of 2008 if it had been title winners, he definitely did not know that at the time. And be rubbishes any conspiracy talk of not wanting to win the crown when the team had the chance.

"My perception was totally different," he says when asked about the conspiracy theories. "It was not just Robert who was pushing. We were pushing as well. We were as keen on the title as Robert was, and we did not shift out resources to the 2009 car.

"We really pursued that. We did as many developments on the aero side as the year before, and aero was the problem. But we did not make the progress as expected – then we saw with the 2009 car, we saw with the aero side we were really not there. So it was a lack of progress, but not a lack of dedication."

Having missed out in 2008, complications caused by KERS and the lack of aero progress, meant results were not as easy to find in 2009. By mid-season, and amid panic from car makers worldwide about the worldwide economic crisis impacting on car sales, BMW's chiefs in Munich pulled the plug.

Theissen's F1 dream was over and, although continued efforts in WTCC and sportscars, plus preparations for a return to DTM, kept Theissen busy – it was never going to be the same, was it?
    <table class="pictable" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="275"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309534005 Winning as a constructor in Canada '08 was a highlight © LAT
    </td></tr></tbody></table> Early retirement has now come, and Theissen admits he is looking forward to spending time going with the flow – and not being dictated by the fluctuations of a company that has been so central to his life for so long.

"I have no plans," he smiles. "I want to walk out of the door without any obligations. Just to see what is the experience, and then we will see…"

Theissen concedes that BMW's victory at the 1999 Le Mans 24 Hours remains very special for him as a stand out moment of his career: but he says it is the experience of the whole of his 12 years as motorsport director that will stay with him for the rest of his life.
    "The best of my career was the 12 years in racing. You get everything you have in the automotive industry on the engineering side, but you get it in a much more intense way.

"It is very rewarding to work within a group of people who are 100% dedicated to the project. It is very rewarding to do something and get the feedback every other week, if it is was right or if it was wrong. If you make progress or not. You are always in a very competitive environment and that is just thrilling. Racing has been the best years of my career."

It was indeed a fantastic journey, and one that surely is not over yet. But for now: servus Mario.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1309534096
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    July 3rd, it's Sebastian Vettel's birthday today!-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - search3Fq3Dsebastian2Bvettel26hl3Den26sa3DX26biw3D136626bih3D66726tbm3Disch
    alright.. who cares ?? ,.. Aref must ...

ALO blog..
    A meeting with Ferrari’s past in Maranello

Finally, a bit of time off! After the Valencia weekend, I went straight to Maranello where I spent two packed days both on the technical and the promotional front. This morning I went back home to relax for a few days before setting off again for the next Grand Prix, in England this time, at Silverstone.

With the team, we went back over the last race and the short and long term development plans. I take away good memories from Valencia. It was a positive weekend, especially the race. In fact it meant I filled a gap in my trophy collection, but the best part of it was seeing again the delight of the crowd when I passed Mark, first on track and then at the pit stop: racing in Spain is always something special!

It is a key time in the season. We are moving forward, as could be seen in the last three races, but now we must also confirm the progress seen at Monaco, Montreal and Valencia on a track with completely different characteristics, which is definitely more suited to our main rivals. At Silverstone, you need a lot of aerodynamic downforce and this is area where we are lagging behind. We will have some new parts, but there’s a step from that to saying we will have made up the difference…Maybe! We must be realistic and accept that it’s not possible that in less than two months – the time past since the Barcelona race – we have closed the gap that was seen at the Catalunya circuit. It wasn’t a whole lap, because that was down to the way the race panned out, but it was definitely bigger than what we have seen in the last three races. We must continue to work on improving the car and then I am sure the win will come. When? I don’t have a crystal ball to be able to give a definite answer.

In Maranello, I had the opportunity to meet a driver who has been part of the history of Formula 1 and of Ferrari, John Surtees. We took part in a promotional event organised by our technical partner Shell and he was very interesting to talk to, comparing our experiences as drivers and, above all, talking about our lives with a special team like Ferrari. It’s nice to meet people who can give you a first hand account of what Formula 1 was like back then!

Today, the team told me about Pirelli’s tyre choices for the coming three races. At the British Grand Prix, we will be running the Soft and the Hard, the same choice that featured in the early stages of the championship. Okay, for us that means one more challenge, namely being able to make all types of tyre work as well as possible. Anyway, the tyre choice is the same for everyone and there’s no point discussing if the pair of compounds chosen is more suited to one team or another. It’s up to the teams to adjust the cars to get the best out of the tyres both in terms of performance and life.

FIA confirms raising of 2014 engine rev limit

The rev limit on the next generation of Formula 1 engines to be introduced in 2014 has been raised from 12,000rpm to 15,00rpm, the FIA has confirmed, although denies this has been done purely to allay fears over the sound of the power units.

F1’s switch to a ‘greener’, smaller capacity engine format, originally intended to be in 2013, has caused controversy in since the FIA announced the original regulations last December with Bernie Ecclestone voicing fears that the sport will lose one its key selling points – the noise of the cars.

Montezemolo glad 'common sense prevailed' over engines

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has expressed his relief that “common sense prevailed” in the debate over Formula 1’s future engine regulations and the sport will now introduce V6 turbo engines in 2014.

While Mercedes and Cosworth raised their own concerns over the implications of switching to the original plan of four-cylinder, 1.6-litre power plants from 2013, Ferrari were vehemently against the proposed regulations given they had no relevance to their road car division.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good read.. and yeah, like many others, i bought the rumors of him not pushing too hard in 2008 with Kubica .. they should have at least tried.. though he denies this now so we don't know what happened back then...

@ steve..
    ahem ahem, whats the new avatar is all about?.. who are u supporting now?? .. your choice again is very strange .. is that your favorite getting punched??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ken Block's plans for F1 test hit trouble after it is discovered he is too big for car

<!-- end title -->
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -264162

Ken Block's plans to test Pirelli's Formula 1 car at Monza in August have hit an early hurdle after it was discovered he is too tall to fit into the car.

The WRC driver, who is famous for his Gymkhana videos, had planned to test the former Toyota F1 car on the final day of a Pirelli test at the Italian Grand Prix venue.

The American travelled to Toyota Motorsport's factory in Cologne on Thursday for some early preparations, and a run in the simulator, but the plans hit a snag straight away.

AUTOSPORT understands that Block's legs are too long for the car and, although he could sit in the cockpit, he could not turn the steering wheel when it was fitted.

Although it appears unlikely that modifications can be made to the updated 2009 F1 car to accommodate him, Toyota staff are looking at alternatives - including former cars - that could be suitable.
    Block told AUTOSPORT at the Canadian GP that he was hugely excited about the prospect of driving an F1 car.

"I never imagined that something like this would even be available," he said.
    "But Pirelli saw the idea of doing something unique and different with me. They have been a great partner with me for everything I have been doing, so it is just something that for me is a dream come true.
    "I have so little experience in open wheel asphalt, so it will be a huge learning experience for me."
    <!-- End Main Box-->
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton concerned about his place in Formula 1's record books
    Lewis Hamilton has admitted that he is concerned about his place in Formula 1's record books if he is not able to emulate the dominant form Sebastian Vettel is currently showing.

Virgin enters into technical partnership with McLaren
    Virgin Racing has announced a technical tie-up with McLaren in a bid to help it improve its form in Formula 1.

McLaren confident Hamilton will stay with the team
    McLaren is confident that Lewis Hamilton will remain a part of the team in years to come, despite further speculation about his future in Formula 1.

Pirelli not giving up on Ken Block's Formula 1
    Pirelli is to keep pushing on with its plans to give Ken Block a run in a Formula 1 car later this year, despite the American proving too big to fit in the company's Toyota test car.

Montezemolo says V6 engine choice helps keep Ferrari committed to Formula 1
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says the decision to go to turbocharged V6 engines for Formula 1's next generation regulations package rather than the previously proposed four-cylinder units has firmed up the company's commitment to the sport.

Spanish investment company Thesan Capital becomes majority Hispania shareholder
    Spanish investment company Thesan Capital has taken a controlling stake in the Hispania Formula 1 team.

Renault confident its unique exhaust will fare well
    Renault technical chief James Allison thinks the team's forward exhaust system will mean it suffers less than its rivals when the ban on off-throttle exhaust blowing comes into effect from Silverstone this weekend.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix postpones track changes
    The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix organisers will wait until after this year's race before deciding whether to adjust the Yas Marina circuit's layout to encourage more overtaking.

Williams to run Renault engines again from 2012
    Williams has announced that it will use Renault engines from the 2012 season, in a renewal of the partnership that dominated Formula 1 for much of the 1990s.

Williams has no doubts about size of Renault F1 engine programme
    Williams chairman Adam Parr does not believe that Renault's Formula 1 engine programme will be spread too thinly next year.

Team Lotus adds Caterham branding from the British Grand Prix
    Team Lotus will run with Caterham branding on its cars for the first time from this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Williams-Renault deal is about the future, not nostalgia, says Frank Williams
    Williams team boss Frank Williams has warned that the reunion of his squad and engine supplier Renault is no guarantee of future success.

Patrick Head says switching to Renault engines removes an uncertainty for Williams
    Williams co-owner Patrick Head believes using Renault engines from 2012 will provide a better benchmark for his team and remove a degree of uncertainty about its form.

Williams expects immediate progress when Renault deal starts in 2012
    Williams chairman Adam Parr sees no reason why his team's new partnership with Renault cannot hit the ground running straightaway in 2012.

@m_waqas
    My new avatar is to give hint to certain some one that if you have been taken out by some other driver just punch him in the face instead of saying something about them which could get you into more trouble.

Well, this is a reminder of one of most comical event in the history of F1 when Salarzar takes out Nelson Piquet Snr. back in Hockenheim 82' and Nelson takes his revenge a few moments later.

The real fun part was even after this punching incident when the trackside marshall asks both the drivers to sit in his car so that he would take them to the pits upon which Nelson reject the idea of sitting with Salarzar and starting to walk towards the pits.

Track marshall came to him along with Salarzar, so Salarzar could appologise for his mistake but as soon as they are a bit away from the van, Nelson runs towards the van, sit on the driving seat, starts the engine and gone off towards pit leaving both the marshall and Salarzar behind in amusement.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CREATE A CAPTION FOR THIS PHOTO!!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -264912

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NashTrooper why do i get the feeling you are getting this picture from F1 Austin's Facebook page?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    @NashTrooper why do i get the feeling you are getting this picture from F1 Austin's Facebook page?
    Yeah feeling absolutely right!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    Yeah feeling absolutely right!!!
    so what are your thoughts on F1 going back to the USA?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Former F1 champion Mansell has warned Hamilton against leaving McLaren
    Lewis Hamilton has been warned by former world champions Jacques Villeneuve and Nigel Mansell against being tempted to leave McLaren for the chance of a Red Bull Racing car.

Red Bull Racing to attend Sochi speed festival
    Organisers of the Formula Sochi speed festival have announced that Red Bull Racing has joined the list of participants of the show.

Force India unveils its 'Art Car'
    The Force India team has unveiled its Art Car, a Formula 1 machine painted by renowned motorsport artist Dexter Brown.

Barrichello ready for new Williams deal
    Rubens Barrichello says he is ready to sign a new contract with Williams for 2012 on the back of the team's switch to Renault engines.

Gary Paffett extends McLaren test and reserve contract
    Gary Paffett has extended his test and reserve driver contract with McLaren into next season, the Woking-based team announced on Tuesday.

Nigel Mansell hails Vettel's 'phenomenal' start to 2011 F1 season
    Nigel Mansell has praised the performance of world champion Sebastian Vettel this season, the Briton saying the Red Bull driver has been the best at dealing with the new tyres.

Villeneuve says Formula 1 race stewards should more lenient
    Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve believes race stewards should be more lenient and allow Formula 1 drivers to race each other more freely.

Pirelli seeks input from Formula 1 teams on ideas for 2012 tyres
    Pirelli wants to discuss ideas for a major shake-up of tyre rules for 2012 - as well as seek an urgent solution to the lack of testing opportunities currently available.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My new avatar is to give hint to certain some one that if you have been taken out by some other driver just punch him in the face instead of saying something about them which could get you into more trouble.
    hmm.. i can't figure out who u'r talking about .. anyway.. it amazes me that u remember the history behind all your avatars .. good..

Christian Horner finally scotches Lewis Hamilton to Red Bull stories

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has today come out with some comments which close the door firmly on ideas of Lewis Hamilton joining the Red Bull Racing team.

Horner met with Hamilton at the recent Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal, starting all kinds of speculation which neither man was quick to shoot down. It was a puzzling incident from many angles; at Hamilton’s press briefing on Thursday in Valencia, he said that his meeting with Horner had taken place before qualifying in Canada. Horner later confirmed that it was at about 5pm on Saturday evening.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool For Aref

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -265332
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Newey says diffuser ban will hit Red Bull Racing 'quite heavily'
    Red Bull's technical chief Adrian Newey believes his team will be affected "quite heavily" by the ban on off-throttle diffusers that comes into effect from this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Pirelli confirms Lucas di Grassi as official test driver
    Brazilian Lucas di Grassi has been confirmed as Pirelli's new official test driver.

Turbocharged V6 engines to be used in Formula 1 from 2014 will sound great
    Formula 1 fans have been reassured that the new generation of V6 turbo engines that will be used from 2014 will produce a sound 'worthy of F1', as leading figures quashed fears they will rob the sport of some of its attraction.

Massa says Vettel can only lose title by doing a 'crazy job'
    Felipe Massa says Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel would have to do a "crazy job" to lose this year's championship following his strong first part of the season.

Ricciardo says Silverstone debut a dream come true for him
    Daniel Ricciardo admits it will be a dream come true when he lines up on the grid for the British Grand Prix this weekend.

Renault says Williams will not test engines before February
    Renault's managing director Jean-Francois Caubet says Williams is very likely to have to wait until February next year before it tests the French engines.

McLaren says European Grand Prix form was just a blip
    McLaren expects to return to form at the British Grand Prix this weekend, having labelled its downturn in Valencia as a 'blip'.

Hamilton tells F1 legends to keep their opinions to themselves
    Lewis Hamilton has told the likes of Jacques Villeneuve and Nigel Mansell to "keep their opinions to themselves," as speculation continues to surround his McLaren future.

@m_waqas
    Although I was quite clear in giving the hint to whom that line was directed to but if you have not been able to guess it then leave it, other wise another war will erupt.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default British GP: Preparation Pics

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 270318 224744850893253 109341842433555 732126 2216615 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 269593 224744914226580 109341842433555 732129 4174748 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 260391 224744957559909 109341842433555 732133 7583103 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 268980 224744990893239 109341842433555 732134 5325956 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 261836 224745020893236 109341842433555 732136 8096293 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 265024 224745054226566 109341842433555 732137 7237644 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 261842 224745087559896 109341842433555 732138 6301933 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 267624 224745110893227 109341842433555 732139 3754713 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 260354 224745154226556 109341842433555 732141 1184761 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 260295 224745187559886 109341842433555 732142 3449510 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 268267 224745254226546 109341842433555 732144 274757 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 261803 224745290893209 109341842433555 732145 5475411 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 269836 224745327559872 109341842433555 732146 1340211 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 262203 224745427559862 109341842433555 732149 4878645 n

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 269597 224745390893199 109341842433555 732148 4618563 n
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

superb pics of auto-homes buddy (i believe, thats what they're called)... awesome <label for="rb_iconid_14">-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14</label>

@m_waqas
    Although I was quite clear in giving the hint to whom that line was directed to but if you have not been able to guess it then leave it, other wise another war will erupt.
    alright, now i get it ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    Christian Horner finally scotches Lewis Hamilton to Red Bull stories

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has today come out with some comments which close the door firmly on ideas of Lewis Hamilton joining the Red Bull Racing team.

Horner met with Hamilton at the recent Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal, starting all kinds of speculation which neither man was quick to shoot down. It was a puzzling incident from many angles; at Hamilton’s press briefing on Thursday in Valencia, he said that his meeting with Horner had taken place before qualifying in Canada. Horner later confirmed that it was at about 5pm on Saturday evening.

So much for the “Crash Kid” as McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh rather unwisely described Vettel last year.
    LOL
    Now who is the crash kid...!?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the Timing Schedule for this weekend's British GP:
    Code:
    British GP 
    Friday 
    Practice Session 1        13;00 To 14:30
    Practice Session 2        17;00 To 18:30

Saturday 
    Practice Session 3        14;00 To 15;00
    Qualifying Session        17;00 To 18;00

Sunday 
    Race                      17;00 To 19;00
    Lowe dismisses engine threats
    McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe says the circuits have made an "ironic" threat to run IndyCars in response to the new engine regulations.

Ecclestone waits to learn his fate
    Bernie Ecclestone will learn later today if he will face charges in Germany in connection with a massive corporate corruption case.

Button hopes for rain
    Jenson Button has said that a wet weekend at the British Grand Prix could enhance McLaren's chances of beating Red Bull.

Virgin primed for regulation change
    Virgin sporting director Graeme Lowdon says that the team has not been using the off-throttle blown diffuser since the Spanish Grand Prix.

@m_waqas
    Well they are called Motorhomes, I posted these pics to show the amount of money been spent on these and then we hear all the moaning to cut down budget in F1, if teams just drop these motorhomes they could cut their budget significantly.

A blast from the Past
    Hunt disqualified after stewards bottle it
    One of the most controversial British Grands Prix was not decided until September 24 when James Hunt's win was overturned after an appeal by Ferrari.

The trouble came when the original race was stopped after a pile-up at the first bend and a restart ordered. But stewards, faced with a large and angry crowd who were throwing beer cans onto the track at reports Hunt, who had damaged his car in the crash, would not be allowed to restart in his spare, bottled it and let him take his place on the grid.

Niki Lauda took the lead until the 45th lap when he suffered gear-box problems and Hunt passed him and went on to take the victory.

Ferrari immediately objected, arguing Hunt was already eliminated by the time the red flag was shown in the aborted race; he countered that his car was moving round the track, albeit with a massively-damaged chassis. He also pointed out the accident had been caused by a Ferrari driver - Lauda The protest was rejected by stewards but was subsequently referred to the FIA who ruled in Ferrari's favour.
    It could have had a decisive affect on the drivers' championship, and only heavy rain in Japan which resulted in Lauda's retirement ensured the lost points would not cost Hunt his crown.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA sticks to single DRS zone for the British Grand Prix
    The FIA has elected to stick to just a single DRS zone at Silverstone this weekend, despite evaluating the idea of using two areas ahead of the event.
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1310031983

Vettel taking nothing for granted
    Sebastian Vettel may be odds-on favourite for victory in the British Grand Prix this weekend to further increase his runaway lead in the world championship, but he insists he is taking nothing for granted about his dominance continuing.

Renault braces itself for the unexpected over diffuser ban consequences
    Renault thinks it's vital it braces itself for any unexpected consequences that come this weekend as a result of the ban on the off-throttle use of blown diffusers.

Perez aiming to regain career momentum
    Sergio Perez intends to regain the career momentum he built up prior to his Monaco Grand Prix qualifying crash at this weekend's British Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List