Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maldonado optimistic of breaking F1 points duck in Hungary
    Pastor Maldonado is confident that the similarities between the Hungaroring and Monaco - where he was denied a possible top six finish by being pushed into the wall by Lewis Hamilton - could help him to score his maiden Formula 1 points this weekend.

what???? really ???!!! really????!!! damn!!!, Hamilton next time push him hard...plzz.
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imaan1: no i made a new one (simple reply coz i dont want to ban myself) lot to say about moderators but...... democracy khappay!!!
    Lewis is pure, raw, undiluted talent of a massive order. Lewis Hamilton is the best. Dont argue with me or I am going to kick your teeth down your throat.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso says Schumacher capable of winning | YallaF1.com

buuahhhahahahahahaahahahaahahahah schumi winning races again!!!???? alonso you are so funny man!!!

FIA preview Hungarian GP at Hungaroring | YallaF1.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso says Red Bull is still the dominant force in Formula 1
    Fernando Alonso reckons Red Bull is still the dominant force in F1, even if both Ferrari and McLaren seemed to have the edge in race pace at the Nurburgring.

Vettel says no time to dwell on German Grand Prix defeat
    Sebastian Vettel says Red Bull Racing must waste no time dwelling on what went wrong at the Nurburgring, if it is going to make the response it needs at this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

2012 Formula 1 calendar set for major overhaul
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone plans to move the Bahrain Grand Prix to the tail end of the 2012 season, AUTOSPORT can reveal, as part of a revised calendar that looks set to see Turkey dropped entirely.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hungarian Grand Prix

The Hungaroring from a tyre point of view

The Hungaroring is the slowest permanent circuit on the Formula One calendar – with full throttle applied for only about 10 seconds per lap – and the action for this Hungarian Grand Prix is complicated by the risk of rain, which is forecast intermittently for the rest of the weekend. The track has been lightly modified from last year, with the gravel traps on turns three, eight and nine replaced by run-off asphalt, in the interests of safety.

The Hungaroring remains an extremely demanding grand prix that has only been won twice by a non World Champion: Mark Webber last year and Thierry Boutsen back in 1990. There has only ever been one wet race before in Hungary, in 2006, but that could well change this weekend. We take a look at some of the most demanding corners of the Hungaroring, from a tyre’s perspective.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277060

A lap of the Hungaroring is 4381 metres long with slippery and dusty asphalt, usually characterised by high temperatures that can exceed 50 degrees in the cockpit. Pirelli has brought the P Zero Yellow soft and P Zero Red super soft to Hungary, in order to combat the lack of grip from a particularly slippery surface.

One of the most challenging corners is turn two. This is taken in second gear at just over 100kph. The circuit drops off towards the outside and so accentuates the understeer that gets increasingly worse towards the end of the corner. The front-right wheel has to do the most work to keep the whole of the car properly set up and in line throughout the entire corner, in spite of the bumps.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277061

In the mid-part of the lap, there is a sequence of corners that are taken one after another at high speed, including the chicane at turns six and seven. The drivers use the kerbing as part of the racing line. The resulting impact generates a force on the stressed tyre of more than 800 kilogrammes, causing significant vibrations that are partially absorbed by the tyre: an integral part of any Formula One car’s suspension.

The final part of the circuit is extremely demanding. There is a sharp turn to the left (turn 13), which is the penultimate corner, where the low speed and limited downforce means that the tyres have to generate all the mechanical grip. It’s down to the tyre compound to work as hard as possible in order to first pull the car through the corner and then guarantee good traction out of it, allowing the driver to use all the power from the engine.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277062
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 LC Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1'23.350
    2 S Vettel (GER) Red Bull 1'23.564
    3 F Alonso (ESP) Ferrari 1'23.642
    4 M Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1'23.666
    5 J Button (GBR) McLaren 1'23.772
    6 F Massa (BRA) Ferrari 1'24.115
    7 N Rosberg (GER) Mercedes-Benz 1'24.250
    8 M Schumacher (GER) Mercedes-Benz 1'24.369
    9 S Perez (MEX) Sauber 1'24.620
    10 V Petrov (RUS) Renault 1'25.093
    11 K Kobayashi (JPN) Sauber 1'25.113
    12 P di Resta (GBR) Force India 1'25.336
    13 N Hülkenberg (GER) Force India 1'25.357
    14 RG Barrichello (BRA) Williams 1'25.836
    15 B Senna (BRA) Renault 1'25.855
    16 S Buemi (SUI) Toro Rosso 1'25.890
    17 J Alguersuari (ESP) Toro Rosso 1'26.099
    18 P Maldonado (VEN) Williams 1'26.124
    19 H Kovalainen (FIN) Lotus 1'26.878
    20 J Trulli (ITA) Lotus 1'27.352
    21 T Glock (GER) Virgin 1'28.533
    22 J d'Ambrosio (BEL) Virgin 1'28.903
    23 V Liuzzi (ITA) HRT 1'29.059
    24 D Ricciardo (AUS) HRT 1'29.904

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hungarian GP – Practice 1 – Lotus Renault GP Report

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277162

Vitaly Petrov, R31-05 Free Practice 1:
    P10, 1:25.093, 22 laps

Bruno Senna, R31-04 Free Practice 1:
    P15, 1:25.855, 25 laps

Bruno Senna had his first taste of Grand Prix weekend R31 track action today as he completed a trouble-free FP1 session in Nick Heidfeld’s R31-04.

Bruno completed 25 laps using one set of Pirelli’s soft compound P-Zeros to set a time of 1min 25.855secs, the 15<SUP class=typo_exposants>th</SUP> fastest time of the session.

Vitaly Petrov led the way for Lotus Renault GP with a 1min 25.093secs lap, the tenth fastest in the session. He also used just one set of the soft tyre.

Fastest in FP1 McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton with a time of 1m 23.350secs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus Renault GP - The Official

Simon Rennie - “Compared to other cars, we’re better on degradation”
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277168
    Simon, you’ve been working as Race Engineer for Nick since the beginning of the season – how’s it gone so far?
    SR: Well, Malaysia was very good. We didn’t make it easy for Nick in that race, which was only Round 2 of the season: One lap in each of the qualifying sessions, so three in total, and he managed to qualify sixth. He made a hell of a start and just drove his own race from there. He was very consistent and looked after his tyres, which are key traits of his.

Have there been any other particularly memorable races?
    SR: In Spain we couldn’t partake in qualifying because we’d had a fire in practice and the damage was extensive. Nick started at the back on prime tyres. To finish eighth was very, very impressive. He never followed another car for more than one lap, he was overtaking all the time. If he was within striking distance, he was straight past. He’s aggressive when he needs to be, but he’s still kind to the car and very clean with his manœuvres.”

Nick has a reputation for being easy on the tyres – how does this help?
    SR: Compared to other cars and Vitaly we’re better on degradation and can squeeze an extra couple of laps out, which can be critical. If there’s a way to go which necessitates us going longer on the tyres, Nick tends to go that way because he feels he can do that.

Bruno - “I’m really excited about driving here”
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277179
    Welcome to Hungary – does it bring back memories returning here?
    BS: Definitely, I’ve got many good memories from racing in GP2, and last year I also had a competitive weekend in the car here, so it’s definitely a good feeling to come back and I’m looking forward to driving the car with LRGP today, when hopefully I will do a good job for the team and show what I can do. I hope the weather remains ok, so we can have a constructive session.

Driving for the team in FP1 this morning – are you excited?
    BS: I’m really excited about driving here in FP1. It’s been a long time coming for me; it feels like years rather than a few months since I last drove during an F1 weekend, so I think it will be quite exciting to drive here. It’s one of the most challenging circuits and I think it will be a good place to start.

What do you hope to take away from the 90-minute session?
    BS: It’s going to be tough to only have one set of soft tyres, which don’t last very long, but we’re going to do some reliability work on the tyres; trying to find the set-up for the car on the tyres we’ve got will be the objective. They’ve been doing a great job cleaning the track here so hopefully it won’t be too green when we start, which will enable us to have a meaningful session.

Not getting hung out to dry in Budapest
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277183
    After the challenge of the Nürburgring, it’s the very different circuit of the Hungaroring for this weekend’s eleventh race of the season.

Although it’s a permanent race facility, the Hungaroring shares the tight and twisty nature of a street course, and it’s certainly a circuit where a good qualifying performance pays dividends.

Lotus Renault GP’s Chief Race Engineer, Alan Permane, talks through the track considerations of the Hungaroring.

“The Hungaroring is very and tight, twisty with just a couple of quick-ish corners but nothing on the level of Silverstone’s high speed turns.

“The layout means we run with maximum downforce on the car. It’s a low average speed over a lap and it’s a track where you need a good front end.

The layout generally provokes a bit of understeer in the car, so a lot of front wing and a strong front suspension also assists with this.

“Although the weather is not showing it so far this weekend, previously it’s almost always very hot here in Hungary.

“We have the soft and super soft Pirellis as the circuit layout and surface is relatively easy on the tyres, however if it is hot then tyre management considerations come into play.

“There are reasonable braking demands in to turn one as it’s at the end of a comparably long pit straight, but apart from that there aren’t too many severe braking areas. The section from turn four through to to turn ten in particular is is very light on the brakes.

“One corner leads straight into another very short straight so there are very little in the way of overtaking opportunities except into turn one,

“The engine is relatively low stressed in this race due to the low average speed, although good driveability is required.”

Total control
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277186
    An engine won’t last long without lubricant, and ensuring that the lubricant in the Renault engine of the LRGP R31 does its job is Total.

Here, Philippe Girard, Total’s Assistant Scientific Director, gives an insight into what’s involved.

What would happen if ordinary consumers used motor racing oil in their engines?
    PG: Their engines would run all right. They’d just have to change the oil a lot more often.

And if Vitaly Petrov’s F1 car used ’conventional’ oil?
    PG: The V8 would run, but because the viscosity would be far from optimal, the engine wouldn’t deliver the power needed.

What type of racing offers the biggest benefits for series-produced engines?
    P.G: The main benefit motor racing gives series-produced engines is methods and procedures. Because our engineers are focused on “cars” and “applications,” they can develop specific tests that are representative of circuit or regular road conditions. We develop test methods and procedures for motor racing, to study or simulate friction conditions for different engine components and then adapt these methods to series-produced components. That saves us a lot of time. It’s an important two-way advantage, not just for the engineers’ research and development process, but also for technical solutions related to testing and formulating lubricants and greases.

When designing vehicles, both for the road and racing, computer tools are critical assets. Have computers made lab experiments obsolescent in your area too?
    P.G: More and more, we’re using digital simulations to fast track optimization of a development when we know that the mathematical models are accurate. For example, computers let us identify the optimum viscosity of oil films faster. We started doing this sort of study for combustion four years ago, and extended it to lubricants for all types of bearings in 2005. Today, formulators use this tool to optimize lubricant bases. But simulations have to be accompanied by actual physical experiments. It’s the combination of the two that allows us to develop the most appropriate products.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cirebox on the Hungarian GP
    After Vitaly gained another one point for the team in Germany, Cirebox reminds us how it happened and looks forward to the Hungarian Grand Prix!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277194 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277195

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sky and BBC to share UK F1 television coverage from 2012 to 2018
    Half the Formula 1 calendar will be taken off free-to-air television in the United Kingdom from 2012 as part of a new share deal between Sky Sports and the BBC.

Buemi says grid penalty for Nurburgring collision with Heidfeld was too harsh
    Sebastien Buemi believes that the stewards were harsh to hit him with a five-place grid penalty for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Sutil sure Force India's strong German Grand Prix form was not a one-off
    Adrian Sutil is confident that Force India can repeat its strong German Grand Prix showing in Hungary, describing his sixth place at the Nurburgring as the car's "true performance".

2012 Formula 1 season opener keeps March 18 slot despite overhaul
    The 2012 season will still kick off on March 18 next year, despite the Bahrain Grand Prix being moved to a November date.

Formula 1 teams seek clarification on new BBC/Sky television deal
    Formula 1 teams are to seek clarification from Bernie Ecclestone on the new BBC/Sky television deal amid concerns about the sport moving away from free-to-air television in 2012.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton sets the pace in opening practice for the Hungarian GP
    Lewis Hamilton picked up where he left off last weekend in Germany as he set the fastest time in the first practice session for the Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest.

Code:
    Hungarian GP Practice Session 1
    Pos  Driver                Team                  Time               Laps
     1.  Lewis Hamilton        McLaren-Mercedes      1m23.350s            19
     2.  Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault      1m23.564s  + 0.214   24
     3.  Fernando Alonso       Ferrari               1m23.642s  + 0.292   29
     4.  Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault      1m23.666s  + 0.316   12
     5.  Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes      1m23.772s  + 0.422   20
     6.  Felipe Massa          Ferrari               1m24.115s  + 0.765   25
     7.  Nico Rosberg          Mercedes              1m24.250s  + 0.900   22
     8.  Michael Schumacher    Mercedes              1m24.369s  + 1.019   20
     9.  Sergio Perez          Sauber-Ferrari        1m24.620s  + 1.270   24
    10.  Vitaly Petrov         Renault               1m25.093s  + 1.743   22
    11.  Kamui Kobayashi       Sauber-Ferrari        1m25.113s  + 1.763   21
    12.  Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes  1m25.336s  + 1.986   22
    13.  Nico Hulkenberg       Force India-Mercedes  1m25.357s  + 2.007   17
    14.  Rubens Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth     1m25.836s  + 2.486   24
    15.  Bruno Senna           Renault               1m25.855s  + 2.505   25
    16.  Sebastien Buemi       Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m25.890s  + 2.540   28
    17.  Jaime Alguersuari     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m26.099s  + 2.749   36
    18.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Cosworth     1m26.124s  + 2.774   25
    19.  Heikki Kovalainen     Lotus-Renault         1m26.878s  + 3.528   26
    20.  Jarno Trulli          Lotus-Renault         1m27.352s  + 4.002   21
    21.  Timo Glock            Virgin-Cosworth       1m28.533s  + 5.183   30
    22.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Virgin-Cosworth       1m28.903s  + 5.553   22
    23.  Tonio Liuzzi          HRT-Cosworth          1m29.059s  + 5.709   24
    24.  Daniel Ricciardo      HRT-Cosworth          1m29.904s  + 6.554   26
    Barrichello says Williams must sort its fundamental problems
    Rubens Barrichello believes only a fundamental improvement from Williams this year will allow it to make any progress in the Constructors' Championship.

Sky Sports says it won't show adverts during grands prix next year
    Sky Sports has confirmed that it will not run adverts during its broadcast coverage of Formula 1 races next year, and will instead limit them to the pre and post-race show.

Hamilton quickest again in second practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix
    Lewis Hamilton continued to set the ultimate pace in second practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix as the McLaren man led the way with a 1m21.018s lap ahead of Fernando Alonso's Ferrari.

Code:

Hungarian GP Practice Session 2
    Pos  Driver                Team                  Time               Laps
     1.  Lewis Hamilton        McLaren-Mercedes      1m21.018s           29
     2.  Fernando Alonso       Ferrari               1m21.259s  + 0.241  40
     3.  Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes      1m21.322s  + 0.304  34
     4.  Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault      1m21.508s  + 0.490  35
     5.  Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault      1m21.549s  + 0.531  31
     6.  Felipe Massa          Ferrari               1m22.099s  + 1.081  40
     7.  Nico Rosberg          Mercedes              1m22.121s  + 1.103  36
     8.  Michael Schumacher    Mercedes              1m22.440s  + 1.422  36
     9.  Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes  1m22.835s  + 1.817  40
    10.  Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes  1m22.981s  + 1.963  37
    11.  Kamui Kobayashi       Sauber-Ferrari        1m23.030s  + 2.012  34
    12.  Sergio Perez          Sauber-Ferrari        1m23.399s  + 2.381  37
    13.  Rubens Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth     1m23.679s  + 2.661  34
    14.  Nick Heidfeld         Renault               1m23.861s  + 2.843  28
    15.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Cosworth     1m24.181s  + 3.163  39
    16.  Jaime Alguersuari     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m24.182s  + 3.164  26
    17.  Vitaly Petrov         Renault               1m24.546s  + 3.528  21
    18.  Sebastien Buemi       Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m24.878s  + 3.860  35
    19.  Jarno Trulli          Lotus-Renault         1m24.994s  + 3.976  38
    20.  Heikki Kovalainen     Lotus-Renault         1m25.447s  + 4.429  39
    21.  Timo Glock            Virgin-Cosworth       1m26.823s  + 5.805  33
    22.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Virgin-Cosworth       1m27.261s  + 6.243  28
    23.  Daniel Ricciardo      HRT-Cosworth          1m27.730s  + 6.712  31
    24.  Tonio Liuzzi          HRT-Cosworth          1m28.255s  + 7.237  25
    Vettel says Red Bull must raise game to fight on top in Hungary
    Sebastian Vettel believes his Red Bull Racing team will have to raise its game in order to fight with McLaren and Ferrari during this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Trulli thrilled with new Lotus steering system in Hungarian Grand Prix practice
    Jarno Trulli declared himself delighted with Lotus's new power steering system after free practice in Hungary.

Kobayashi believes the Force Indias will be hard to beat in Hungary
    Kamui Kobayashi believes it will be hard for his Sauber team to beat Force India in this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Happy birthday Fernando!

Happy birthday Fernando!

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -277282

Hungaroring, 29 July –This is a special day for Fernando Alonso, as he celebrates his thirtieth birthday. Making it even more special for someone like him, who likes playing with numbers, the Hungarian weekend is also his thirtieth Grand Prix at the wheel of a Ferrari.

The Oviedo man’s phone has been bombarded with text messages and lots of people have personally wished him all the best when he arrived at the track this morning. President Montezemolo spoke to him this morning by phone, but what one might call the official greetings were put out through the media in a letter published in today’s “La Gazzetta dello Sport” newspaper in Italy. Here is the complete text:

Dear Fernando,

Here’s wishing you a very happy birthday in the hope that you can celebrate it in style on Sunday in your thirtieth race with Ferrari. Thirty is an important age, as it means you are no longer a youngster. You gave us a bit of a hard time when you were an opponent of ours, but we have always appreciated your talent and your personality. Today, after one and a half years together, we have got to know you better and we have discovered those personal qualities you had kept hidden. It is because of these and not just your skill at the wheel, that our relationship is destined to last a long time. Best wishes once again and thanks for all your efforts and for the way you work with the team, as well as the determination you have shown and the fact that you never give up; just like Ferrari in fact.

Luca Montezemolo

It’s easy to work out what present Fernando and indeed all fans of the Reds would like to see being handed over on Sunday afternoon…

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello believes reaching Q3 in Hungary will be difficult
    Rubens Barrichello believes he is unlikely to challenge for a place in the top ten in tomorrow's qualifying for the Hungarian GP.

Bruno Senna hopes he earned more outings with Renault after Hungary practice run
    Bruno Senna is hopeful that he will have further opportunities to drive for Renault on grand prix weekends after making his 2011 debut in Friday morning practice at the Hungaroring.

Paul Di Resta confident of strong qualifying in Hungary
    Paul di Resta is confident that Force India can carry its strong practice form into qualifying after setting the ninth fastest time on Friday.

Ecclestone says Sky pay-to-view TV deal will grow F1's audience
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has promised that the sport's audience will grow with the onset of Sky's pay-to-view television deal from 2012.

Alonso adamant he will fight for victory in the Hungarian Grand Prix
    Fernando Alonso is adamant his Ferrari team will be fighting for victory once again in this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Whitmarsh sees positives in Sky deal as more details emerge
    McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh says early indications about the detail of the deal for Sky Sports and the BBC to share Formula 1 television rights in the United Kingdom are encouraging for teams.

BBC says Sky Formula 1 deal is the best possible solution
    The BBC insists that its share deal with Sky to broadcast Formula 1 in 2012 was the best possible solution that was available to viewers.

Engine makers seek PURE guarantees after Gilles Simon's FIA exit
    Formula 1's engine makers wants reassurances that engine specialist Gilles Simon, who currently works with the FIA, will not take secret information with him to new employer PURE.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hungarian GP: Friday Action Pics

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311937839

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311937853

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311937867

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938405

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938419

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938432

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938445

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938459

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938472

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938512

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938525

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938538

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938604
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hungarian GP: Friday Action Pics Contd.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311938617

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311939027

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311969106

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311968975

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311948129

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311951104

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311948076

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311948049

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311939106

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311969054

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311949849

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311968782

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1311968696
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull Racing breaks curfew in Hungary as it works to find more pace
    Red Bull Racing broke Formula 1's curfew limit for the first time on Friday night ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix as team members worked extra hours to make set-up changes to its car.

Formula 1 teams accept there is no going back on Sky deal
    Formula 1 teams will have to accept Bernie Ecclestone's decision to put some races on pay television only next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, with there being no protection in the Concorde Agreement against taking it off free-to-air viewing.

Vettel back on top in final practice at the Hungarian Grand Prix
    Sebastian Vettel suggested that Red Bull's hard late-night work might have paid off as he beat Fernando Alonso's Ferrari to the top spot in final practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Code:
    Hungarian GP Practice Session 3
    Pos  Driver              Team/Car              Time       Gap      Laps
     1.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault      1m21.168s            17
     2.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari               1m21.469s  + 0.301s  13
     3.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes      1m21.639s  + 0.471s  14
     4.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault      1m21.645s  + 0.477s  18
     5.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari               1m22.002s  + 0.834s  14
     6.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes              1m22.534s  + 1.366s  22
     7.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes      1m22.667s  + 1.499s  14
     8.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes              1m23.037s  + 1.869s  19
     9.  Vitaly Petrov       Renault               1m23.175s  + 2.007s  19
    10.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes  1m23.276s  + 2.108s  18
    11.  Nick Heidfeld       Renault               1m23.281s  + 2.113s  13
    12.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari        1m23.375s  + 2.207s  18
    13.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari        1m23.626s  + 2.458s  25
    14.  Rubens Barrichello  Williams-Cosworth     1m23.663s  + 2.495s  17
    15.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Cosworth     1m23.894s  + 2.726s  17
    16.  Adrian Sutil        Force India-Mercedes  1m23.966s  + 2.798s  18
    17.  Jaime Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m23.998s  + 2.830s  15
    18.  Sebastien Buemi     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m25.061s  + 3.893s  19
    19.  Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Renault         1m25.141s  + 3.973s  20
    20.  Heikki Kovalainen   Lotus-Renault         1m25.501s  + 4.333s  20
    21.  Jerome D'Ambrosio   Virgin-Cosworth       1m26.955s  + 5.787s  20
    22.  Daniel Ricciardo    HRT-Cosworth          1m26.991s  + 5.823s  19
    23.  Timo Glock          Virgin-Cosworth       1m27.174s  + 6.006s  16
    24.  Vitantonio Liuzzi   HRT-Cosworth          1m27.713s  + 6.545s  20
    Pirelli expects three stops in Hungary
    Pirelli expects drivers to opt for a three-stop strategy in the Hungarian Grand Prix, but much will depend on how hot race day is at the Hungaroring.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

YES! Vettel on pole again . (1)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel beats McLarens to Hungarian Grand Prix pole
    Sebastian Vettel maintained Red Bull's 100 per cent pole position record this year as he stormed to the head of the Hungarian Grand Prix grid with a flying late effort in qualifying.

Code:
    Hungarian GP Qualifying Session 
    Pos  Driver                Team                 Time          Gap   
     1.  Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault     1m19.815s
     2.  Lewis Hamilton        McLaren-Mercedes     1m19.978s  + 0.163
     3.  Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes     1m20.024s  + 0.209
     4.  Felipe Massa          Ferrari              1m20.350s  + 0.535
     5.  Fernando Alonso       Ferrari              1m20.365s  + 0.550
     6.  Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault     1m20.474s  + 0.659
     7.  Nico Rosberg          Mercedes             1m21.098s  + 1.283
     8.  Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes 1m21.445s  + 1.630
     9.  Michael Schumacher    Mercedes             1m21.907s  + 2.092
    10.  Sergio Perez          Sauber-Ferrari       No time
    Q2 cut-off time: 1m23.067s                                   Gap **
    11.  Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes 1m22.256s   + 1.994
    12.  Vitaly Petrov         Renault              1m22.284s   + 2.022
    13.  Kamui Kobayashi       Sauber-Ferrari       1m22.435s   + 2.173
    14.  Nick Heidfeld         Renault              1m22.470s   + 2.208
    15.  Rubens Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth    1m22.684s   + 2.422
    16.  Jaime Alguersuari     Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m22.979s   + 2.717
    17.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Cosworth    No time
    Q1 cut-off time: 1m23.285s                                    Gap *
    18.  Sebastien Buemi       Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m24.070s  + 2.492
    19.  Heikki Kovalainen     Lotus-Renault        1m24.362s  + 2.784
    20.  Jarno Trulli          Lotus-Renault        1m24.534s  + 2.956
    21.  Timo Glock            Virgin-Cosworth      1m26.294s  + 4.716
    22.  Tonio Liuzzi          HRT-Cosworth         1m26.323s  + 4.745
    23.  Daniel Ricciardo      HRT-Cosworth         1m26.479s  + 4.901
    24.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Virgin-Cosworth      1m26.510s  + 4.932
    107% time: 1m27.288s
    * Gap to quickest in Q1
    ** Gap to quickest in Q2
    Vettel says his confidence in back after Hungarian GP pole
    Sebastian Vettel claims his confidence is back after securing pole position for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday.

McLaren team principal Whitmarsh disappointed to miss pole for Hungarian GP
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said that getting the cars of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button inside the first three grid spots for the Hungarian Grand Prix was "not the result we wanted".

Jenson Button happy to regain qualifying form in Hungary
    Jenson Button was happy to return to the fight for the top spots after securing third place on the grid for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Trulli says the new power steering has transformed his Lotus
    Jarno Trulli says the new Lotus power steering system has "transformed" his car, the Italian delighted with his performance after qualifying.

Webber says Hungarian GP qualifying deficit to Vettel is bizarre
    Mark Webber found it "bizarre" that he was unable to qualify higher than sixth for the Hungarian Grand Prix, especially with his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel on pole position.

Maldonado hopes tyre gamble pays off in Hungary
    Pastor Maldonado is hoping his decision to not run in the second qualifying segment will pay off in tomorrow's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Heidfeld disappointed with Renault pace in qualifying in Hungary
    Nick Heidfeld conceded Renault is not where it wants to be after another disappointing qualifying in Hungary.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List