Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010)

1.Toyota (Corolla).

Sale : 43,510
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - toyota corolla 2010 2010 2 17 5 40 1

2. Suzuki (Mehran)

Sale: 22,513
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - 66145578 1 Pictures of SUZUKI MEHRAN 2007 MODEL BANK LEASED FOR SALE
    3.Suzuki (Khyber/ Cultus)

sale: 12,658
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - Suzuki Cultus B 34994
    4.Suzuki (Bolan)

Sale: 11,439
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - suzuki bolan
    5.Suzuki (Alto)

Sale: 10,794
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - f 953676 1
    6.Honda (City)

Sale: 8,212
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - New Honda City 5
    7.Honda (Civic)

Sale: 5,908
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - Honda Civic 18VMT
    8.Daihatsu (Cuore)

Sale: 5,301
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - 800px Cuore
    9.Suzuki (Swift)

Sale: 2,353
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - suzuki swift 2010 pakistan
    10.Suzuki (Liana)

Sale: 1,025
    Top 10 most selling cars of Pakistan (2010) - 54520886 1
    Note: The sales are from July’09-Jun’10

SOURCE:CYBERDERA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy car on your desire, not on your friend/neighbour desire.
    I know many peoples buy a car on others advise and latter on trying to sell.
    See how many peoples owned car/brand from last 4-5 years, so this car/brand is best.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota for Life ...
    "Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Beautiful CORPSE "
    How much horsepower gain do you get from your NOS sticker ?

4. 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    international Honda City is offered 1.3L to 1.5L
    while Toyota Corolla is 1.6L to 2.4L
    Corolla is also offered in 1.3 litre in south africa but the thing different is the engines.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The above stats shows 10 cars........... y you all started fighting abt two major brands.... Honda & Toyota...
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla is also offered in 1.3 litre in south africa but the thing different is the engines.
    cant deny the fact tht its a C Segment Sedan while City is a SubCompact

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In our community, corolla is consider as GUJAR car and Honda as decent choice.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rolla rules
    laikin yahan bhi logon ne toyota aur honda ko compare kerna nahi chhora......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which one is at no. 11?
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, If purely following the statistics stated above or even what we see on our roads, all those who bought corolla , cant be either Gujars or Fools. We cannot judge any car by our liking or disliking. Statistics are there to prove. So lets at-least accept the fact that corolla is at least the best car in Pakistan cuz its the best seller....
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota for life
    “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^boss, kheiriyat haina?? your comparing 2011 stats with 2005 data , That too of a particular month, where as here the topics about the whole year (2010)
    Yes.

As I said, I ain't making direct comparisons but just commenting on the general trend. I aint even comparing the sales of 2005 with that of 2010 but rather just commenting on the strategies of two companies. Someone said why going into a toyota vs honda when there are 10 different cars...simply because they are the two competitors in the same range. Suzuki is a different class so a comparison would make little sense while the Mitsubishi and/or Nissan didnt even make that list.

Both Toyota and Honda have a strong presence here, and I would like to see both take a good share of the market for a more healthier competition. The way I see it, however, is that unfortunately one has taken a lead and not because of some extraordinary good product but rather smarter marketing strategy. Hence, I decided to share my views of what went wrong even though this is just a thread about 2010 sales.

So excuse my comparison if you feel its unwanted or simply and toyota vs honda fighting. I do like analyzing things rather than just gazing through numbers.

@PGhasanJ
    Sir firstly Honda Pakistan does not dictate the design of their Cars its Honda International meaning the car exactly the same across all Countries
    Yes but that (in my opinion) is a wrong approach. It means you are considering consumers from all over to be the same which are naturally arent. Just like we polish our CVs according to the job and company we apply to, rather than have a generic CV, I think automakers should (and also do) target specific markets. Afterall, suzuki wont be selling the mehran in US markets, would it?
    Secondly considering International Market Honda City has never been a competitor for Toyota Corolla Honda City ~ Toyota Belta = Sub Compact Sedan Honda Civic ~ Toyota Corolla = Compact Sedan naturally Compact Sedans r larger comparatively
    Yes again, but in pakistan the City has (willingly or unwillingly) become a competitor given it has almost the same price as an XLI and can be considered as having the same price bracket as the GLI.
    one thing u shuld also know is Toyota Corolla starts off with 1.6L Engine in international market but in Pakistan its being sold as 1.3L reason why in Pakistan we compare Honda City to Toyota Corolla is because Toyota Indus sells a very very stripped down Corolla in Pakistan take XLi as example it has nothing BUT C Sedan Size which matters in Pakistan
    Correct, and which is why I think Toyota made a pretty smart decision and those figures are showing that it paid off well. Something Honda and others should look and learn.
    GLi is very expensive considering its only 1.3L If XLi had the features of Gli like PowerWindows and ABS and Gli had 1.6L Engine then it wuld be utter stupidity to compare it with Honda City keep in mind Internationally Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic falls in the same segment
    If XLI had...and if GLI had...but they don't. So the comparison here isn't that stupid after all. Thats one of the points I raised. I think it would have been a better decision if a lower end version of Civic (with same features as City or even less but shape of Civic) was tailor made for pakistan. Thats what Toyota did and it paid off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post
    I think it would have been a better decision if a lower end version of Civic (with same features as City or even less but shape of Civic) was tailor made for pakistan. Thats what Toyota did and it paid off.
    agreed on ur this point.They should create a 1.3 variant civic chalo not 1.3 1.5 exi hi bana do.civic is lighter than corolla so with 1.5 vtec it will work fine.
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If XLI had...and if GLI had...but they don't. So the comparison here isn't that stupid after all. Thats one of the points I raised. I think it would have been a better decision if a lower end version of Civic (with same features as City or even less but shape of Civic) was tailor made for pakistan. Thats what Toyota did and it paid off.
    no man i dont agree with this although this was suggested previously in another thread

we cannot bring Honda Civic down to 1.3L just to cater Pakistan
    similarly ppl will want Honda Accord to be offered in 1.6L for Pakistan

different cars r for different segments there is absolutely no point in homogenizing it

reason why Corolla 1.3L is available in Pakistan is solely becoz Toyota Indus does not want to ruin its market
    think about its Corolla does not give the fuel efficiency of 1.3L car nor is its size/weight suitable for a 85HP Engine

installing a 1.6L Engine in Corolla will only mean "LESS PROFITS" for Toyota Indus
    and its the only reason they put the 10 year old Engine in current corolla

just look at it this way Honda already has a car for 1.3 - 1.5L segment (City)
    Toyota has Belta for 1.3L segment and in the price of an XLI a Pakistan Assembles Belta can have a huge array of equipment and safety features but the ppl will not buy it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes but that (in my opinion) is a wrong approach. It means you are considering consumers from all over to be the same which are naturally arent. Just like we polish our CVs according to the job and company we apply to, rather than have a generic CV, I think automakers should (and also do) target specific markets. Afterall, suzuki wont be selling the mehran in US markets, would it?
    nothing sell in US below 1.8L Engine :p

Toyota Belta = 1.3L Subcompact much like City
    this car shuld be offered by Toyota Indus as it is offered everywhere else in the world

im not arguing just stating my opinion btw

17. 09-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Exubery... Brother you look at these figures from a very economic point of view. Your opinion sounds appealing and RIGHT to Toyota Fans because they are unaware of the fact that they are being fleased. You see your point on Size is absolutely right (incase of Pakistan) where the general mindset is 'the bigger the better' which is exactly the opposite of what this country needs. Toyota Indus has took advantage of consumers (majority of them) illiteracy just to maximise thier profits without any regard for consumer safety. Honda on the other hand has standardised thier products with a few essential safety features. Sure its not getting them any profits but atleast they are doing whats right for us, the consumer.
    What toyota fans (Mubeenshahid you in specific) need to understand is that just because your father and grandfather used to drive a toyota doesnt mean its the best! Ponder on the following points if you have the time:
    -toyota Xli has absolutely nothing that justifies its price! You well know what im talking about.
    -toyota Gli although has power windows, abs etc, that puny 1.3 is really underpowered for a vehicle this size! Plus think about it, the old non vvti 2NZ-FE had 85 hp, the new 2NZ-FE with vvti has the same. Whats the use of vvti technology then because economy is not what it offers!
    -toyota altis is being sold here with a 6 year old, discontinued variant of the 1ZZ-FE with single vvti where as at that price, you deserve the latest dual vvti engine as per the international market. Again ill say, you are being fleased!
    -2.0D has a more than a decade old 2C engine... Its obsolete! Yet you guys are being made fools quite easily.

A learned person before buying a toyota would certainly look over these points but such people are minority (only a hand full to be precise)! Illiterate people who dont have any common sense at all mostly buy a toyota because to them, totta totta hai. And since they are in majority, toyota sales boom!
    Im not saying all are illiterate and especially no one here at PW. All you guys need is awareness and a little time away from your ego to accept the fact that you're being ripped off. Im not asking you to move to Honda, no way. Its just to let you know that you're not being given what you deserve!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->