Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By chinyoti

Thread: What is going on with pakistan's authorised dealers??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What is going on with pakistan's authorised dealers??

Over the past 5 years, I have been told about a number of prestige dealerships being made in Pakistan, but as far as Im concerned, all of them have completely dissapeared?

What happened to Lamborghini Pakistan?
    What happened to Rolls Royce Pakistan?
    What happened to Bentley Pakistan?
    What happened to Volkswagen Pakistan?

Are there any more?

I WOULD HIGHLY APPRECIATE ANY PICTURES OF THE SHOWROOMS WHETHER THEY ARE SHUT DOWN OR NOT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have personally seen the VW dealership being constructed in Korangi Industrial Area, they had also erected their logo tower, the service bay was complete and the giant blue/white white VW badge was there in the front. I met a guy there who apparently was supposed to be the parts manager, but he had nothing that I requested by part no. I think they packed up.

Similarly I went to the Audi dealership in Karachi to buy a set of front wishbone bushings for my Golf mk2 - (the audi TT uses the same arm and same part no. for the bushing as it is actually based on the Golf) - they quoted me a price multiplied 5 times, - what sort of business do they want to run? I told them that internationally this part is XX euro - how can you justify yours, to which they replied its confidential, buy it or leave it.

No wonder they have small business
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have personally seen the VW dealership being constructed in Korangi Industrial Area, they had also erected their logo tower, the service bay was complete and the giant blue/white white VW badge was there in the front. I met a guy there who apparently was supposed to be the parts manager, but he had nothing that I requested by part no. I think they packed up.

Similarly I went to the Audi dealership in Karachi to buy a set of front wishbone bushings for my Golf mk2 - (the audi TT uses the same arm and same part no. for the bushing as it is actually based on the Golf) - they quoted me a price multiplied 5 times, - what sort of business do they want to run? I told them that internationally this part is XX euro - how can you justify yours, to which they replied its confidential, buy it or leave it.

I have been having talks with Mercedes-Benz UK about opening an Authorised Official Mercedes-Benz Workshop, but it looks like its needed in Pakistan more than the UK.

It should be considerably cheaper to open a workshop there aswell, but I need to obviously do some research before I even consider this.

One thing I have always been taught when training here in the UK, first time fix.. I cant stand liers, and dodgy work.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you cannot open an authorised MB workshop here in Pakistan, Shahnawaz Ltd will harrass you for using the MB logo or name on your shop as they are authorised for it, I used to repair benz in my shop - and still had issues. To the point of them phoning me up.

Its twisted I know, and the real sad part is that the owners of these cars are not the ones you will be dealing with 80% of the time, the ones you deal with are their shady henchmen. NO THANKS Ive got better things to do than do deal with kickbacks, sabotage and other idiotic practices.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Starting a MB authorrized dealership in Pakistan? Forget it.
    The Shahnawaz ppl didnt let late Mr Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto open it even when he was in power.He had done so much to open it but didnt succeeded, How can any1 can have its authorization. Shahnawaz ppl are powerfull they will never let any1 come in pak for Benz Authorize dealership.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    Starting a MB authorrized dealership in Pakistan? Forget it.
    The Shahnawaz ppl didnt let late Mr Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto open it even when he was in power.He had done so much to open it but didnt succeeded, How can any1 can have its authorization. Shahnawaz ppl are powerfull they will never let any1 come in pak for Benz Authorize dealership.

Its not about power, Y should they, Once they already have it.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

Idid covered the Korangi VW outlet, And had a visit there to. There was one guy with a beard, I met him for around 15mins, was a nice gentle man gave me good time, He told me that they came with a plan of Cbus for 12 months and then localization, But at that point in time the guy said the situation of the country we might wind up the franchise.

Altho sameer bhae, @storm mentioned somewhere VW still plans on coming back with a new strategy or something like that.

The VW outlet started there sales in the Korangi outlet but no body bothered to buy the 4 million Passat with zero advertisment. The only thing that looked worth Pakistani market was the Mini Van they had.

When people in Pakistan still havnt embraced Audi what were VW thinking when they thout of bringing Tourag's and Passats here in Pakistan.

Polo would have had been a great success if targeted and marketed properly.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    The mercedes showroom in Defense is owned by Shahnawaz people ????
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ yes all authorised mercedes outlets in Pakistan are owned or are being runed by Shahnawaz group

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List