Good Answers

Default -Formula 1 - Season 2012 -

F1 Fans!!!!
    Welcome to the Season 2012 thread!
    Formula1 Fan Club
    Posting Rules
    1) No Spamming.
    2) No Racism.
    3) No Abusive Words, Personal attacks will be tolerated.
    4) Do not copy paste the whole article and news items, please provide the link to the original source.
    5) Standard PakWheels Rules Apply.
    -Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025829

Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025830

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025831

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025832

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025833

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -1025834

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Formula 1 Season 2006

Formula 1 Season 2007

Formula 1 Season 2008

Formula 1 Season 2010

Formula 1 Season 2011

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Autosport.com(No article Posting from this Website Allowed)

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Directo.thef1.es

F1 Class of 2012
    Drivers Group Photo

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - - z1353893798

World Drivers Champion 2012 (Sebastian Vettel)
    -Formula 1 - Season 2012 - - 1353891215 mstz

Championship winning RB8
    -Formula 1 - Season 2012 - - 1353882643 mstz

World Constructors Champion (RedBull Renault)
    -Formula 1 - Season 2012 - - 1353882120 mstz

Here is the Final Championship Standings after the Season Finale Brazilian GP:
    Code:
    World Championships standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       281        1.  Red Bull-Renault          460
     2.  Alonso       278        2.  Ferrari                   400
     3.  Raikkonen    207        3.  McLaren-Mercedes          378
     4.  Hamilton     190        4.  Lotus-Renault             303
     5.  Button       188        5.  Mercedes                  142
     6.  Webber       179        6.  Sauber-Ferrari            126
     7.  Massa        122        7.  Force India-Mercedes      109
     8.  Grosjean      96        8.  Williams-Renault           76
     9.  Rosberg       93        9.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         26
    10.  Perez         66       
    11.  Hulkenberg    63       
    12.  Kobayashi     60       
    13.  Schumacher    49       
    14.  Di Resta      46       
    15.  Maldonado     45       
    16.  Senna         31       
    17.  Vergne        16       
    18.  Ricciardo     10       
    Enjoy Posting!!!!!!!

ModEdit: Thread Closed. Link for 2013 F1 Season thread.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...-season-2013-a

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    i hope he is even the die hard fan like Aref doesn't want him to leave RBR.
    Ferrari wants Vettel while they have Alonso? ROFL.......what dreams may come No harm in dreaming a little i guess.

oh!. so i must be on something really hard .. still i think that could be a typo..
    Dude, i never thought there would come a day that i would say something like this, but you are not on anything. It's obvious that Eddie has expanded his business and is selling his third class stuff not only to Steve but to others too now.

That 6/10 or 8/10 or 4/10 or 10/10 is NOT the finishing order as you have rightly figured out. It's what the drivers earned as marks for their weekend's work. Just like we would get marks on our answer sheet for doing a task; that article gives marks to drivers for their weekend.

For Alonso's 8/10 does not mean he finished 8th. It simply means the work he did over the weekend, given the opportunities, the car he had, the grid position he got, the track conditions, the way he drove the race etc etc merits him getting 8 out of 10 points, 10 being the maximum. It's rating the drivers. Once again these are marks they got for their weekend's work not points or where they finished.

Alonso started 5th finished 8th is a typo obviously.

And btw, Schumacher had a a fuel pump problem that led to his retirement from the race. The team having looked at his problem said, he would have had that issue during the race no matter what. The fuel pump was going to fail.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cutaway F1 Race Car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sauber offers unique insight into intricacies of a modern F1 car with new video
    The Sauber team has released a film showing a unique insight of what a Formula 1 car is, by having sliced the single-seater down the middle.c

@UK
    What do you mean by typo, in an international publication such errors are not allowed especially considering the amount of proof readers that are working for these publications.

@NakedTruth
    So, as I said before for you its all Michal's mistakes in the season until now. Michal somehow manage to destroy his gear box in Australia, somehow made Grosjean to crash into him in Malaysia, somehow loosely fitted the wheel nut in China and only retires because it was a FIA sporting regulation requirement and not necessarily the cause of that wheel.

In Bahrain Michal starts from 22nd after a gearbox change and finish 10th, Spain was his biggest mistake and for that he was awarded a grid penalty for Monaco but in Monaco he posted the fastest qualifying time and only lost the pole because of his penalty. In the race he was bumped by Grosjean again and lost places where he could have gain some places and then retires with a fuel pump problem.

I am not saying that he would not have that problem but remember the fact that in 6 races this season he has retired 4 times and only once was his own mistake all the other times he retired with technical problems. This is a fact which still don't count the idiotness of Grosjean in Malaysia. Only once he has a trouble free race and that was Bahrain and there he started from 22nd and finish 10th. Once he retires only because he and the team was abiding the rules which was even sighted by FIA stewards who impose fine on the team for releasing a car with loose wheel nut.

So, what I am saying is when you want to bash some driver first get your facts straight because otherwise your bashing of that driver is out of pure hatred and no body takes you seriously. And just for the record, Michal's effort in Monaco was 9/10 as Ed Straw puts it too.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

self edited
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus F1 boss Eric Boullier thinks lack of testing is making racing unpredictable
    Lotus team boss Eric Boullier believes that the lack of testing in Formula 1 is a part of what is making the races so unpredictable this year.

Hamilton sure Ferrari will give Alonso a car to stay in the championship fight
    Lewis Hamilton believes Ferrari will be able to give Fernando Alonso a car capable of keeping him in the fight for the world championship to the end of the season.

Jenson Button says critics of Michael Schumacher should understand the demands of becoming competitive again
    Jenson Button believes that Michael Schumacher's critics need to understand that it can take time to regain competitiveness in Formula 1.

F2012 still needs more downforce - Domenicali
    Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says the F2012 is still lacking downforce despite a significant improvement in its performances over the last two races.

Webber moves on from 2011 'mystery' problems
    Mark Webber has admitted he felt like he was driving in a different category to Sebastian Vettel at the start of 2011, but is confident he is now back at his best.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    You do know that there are two drivers in a team, right?!!
    ALO isnt the only one running around from Ferrari. Remember Masa?!
    And besides, history dictates, German-Italian combo has worked far better for Ferrari than Spanish-Italian.
    But dont worry, no one is taking your ALO's seat.

And maybe you should give that Ed article another read.
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen sure his time will come despite disappointing Monaco Grand Prix
    Kimi Raikkonen is staying calm about Lotus's form despite a disappointing Monaco Grand Prix, the Finn convinced that his day will come.

Rosberg confident Mercedes will be well suited to Gilles Villeneuve circuit
    Nico Rosberg is optimistic his Mercedes car will be well suited to the demands of the Gilles Villeneuve circuit in the Canadian Grand Prix next week.

Formula One stalls on going to the market
    The much-publicised $10 billion listing of Formula One in Singapore is set to be put on hold as volatile conditions and ongoing uncertainty with the Euro continue to undermine markets.

Schumacher counting on strong race in Canada
    Michael Schumacher says Mercedes is counting on its car performing well at next weekend's Canadian Grand Prix.

Alonso - Formula One risks becoming a lottery
    Fernando Alonso has warned Formula One risks losing its credibility, arguing that while six different winners in the first six races of the season may be good for viewers, there is a danger it could make the sport a "lottery".

Jenson Button makes qualifying better his priority for Canadian Grand Prix
    Jenson Button says his focus for the Canadian Grand Prix will be on improving his qualifying form following a series of difficult races.

Hamilton keeps faith in McLaren
    Lewis Hamilton is confident his first victory of the 2012 season will come soon and believes McLaren will give him a car capable of challenging for the championship for the remainder of the season.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo plays down 'inexperienced' Sergio Perez's chances of taking Felipe Massa's seat
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has poured cold water on speculation linking Sergio Perez with the team, saying the Mexican is too inexperienced for the Italian squad.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA declares Red Bull floor holes illegal
    The FIA has issued a technical directive clarifying that the holes in the Red Bull floor, which sparked rumours of a protest at the Monaco Grand Prix, are illegal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull plays down FIA's floor design ruling
    Red Bull motorsport chief Helmut Marko does not think the FIA's ruling over Formula 1 floor regulations will handicap Red Bull Racing at all in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Kobayashi confident of strong showing in Canada
    Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi believes his team can have a strong weekend at the Canadian Grand Prix and bounce back from the disappointment of Monaco.

Students plan Canadian GP race day protest
    Following the breakdown of negotiations between student groups and the government of Quebec over hikes in university tuition fees, a plan is moving ahead to disrupt next week's Canadian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Formula 1 racer and Le Mans winner Roy Salvadori dies
    Former grand prix driver and 1959 Le Mans winner Roy Salvadori has died at the age of 90.

Grosjean eager to bounce back
    Romain Grosjean admits he is eager to get back in the car in Montreal to put the disappointment of the Monaco Grand Prix behind him.

Montreal to feature one DRS detection zone this weekend
    Montreal will feature just one DRS detection zone this weekend, instead of the two it had for the 2011 event won by Jenson Button.

Canadian GP organisers cancel open doors day due to protest fears
    Canadian Grand Prix organisers have cancelled the open doors day at the Gilles Villeneuve circuit due to disruption threats.

Marussia hopes Canada is 'a turning point'
    Marussia team principal John Booth hopes that the Canadian Grand Prix will "represent a bit of a turning point" for the team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fernando Alonso says Montreal will be 'crucial indicator' for Ferrari's title bid
    Fernando Alonso believes this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix could reveal whether Ferrari will be competitive enough to sustain its world championship challenge for the rest of the 2012 Formula 1 season.

Force India sure it can emulate midfield rivals in fighting for shock Formula 1 results
    Force India is adamant that there is no reason why it cannot emulate the likes of Lotus, Sauber and Williams by challenging at the front in Formula 1 this year - even though it only has one top-six finish to show from 2012 so far.

Felipe Massa pins hopes on Monaco set-up breakthrough
    Felipe Massa says his improved form in Monaco was down to discovering that the set-up required for the Ferrari F2012 on the slow street circuit suited him better than previous settings - and now hopes it can be adapted for future races.

Red Bull wants to 'rectify' 2011
    Christian Horner says Red Bull wants to "rectify the situation" in this year's Canadian Grand Prix after Sebastian Vettel lost last year's race on the final lap.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA declares Red Bull floor holes illegal
    The FIA has issued a technical directive clarifying that the holes in the Red Bull floor, which sparked rumours of a protest at the Monaco Grand Prix, are illegal.
    This is what it was all about, the famous fully enclosed hole.

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -415008

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -415009

Raikkonen sure his time will come despite disappointing Monaco Grand Prix
    Kimi Raikkonen is staying calm about Lotus's form despite a disappointing Monaco Grand Prix, the Finn convinced that his day will come.

Lotus F1 boss Eric Boullier thinks lack of testing is making racing unpredictable
    Lotus team boss Eric Boullier believes that the lack of testing in Formula 1 is a part of what is making the races so unpredictable this year
    Of course because this is the first year with in-season testing ban

@Eddie

Please stop selling your stuff here. It's hard enough for people to understand things without your drugs.

@genius83

I am disappointed that you don't post the good stuff from your favorite forum

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -415015

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -415016

-Formula 1 - Season 2012 - -415017

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When tyres served up a real lottery

Lotus: The wins that got away

Proof: Why F1 2012 is no lottery

These three From Aplus Uk ,...

I havent Sold Anything lately seriously , m just too busy in my own world there might be someone else doing that with my name double check paula
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

?????
    Capitalism

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

?????
    Capitalism

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Auto what?????
    Capitalism

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Circuits unite for greater say in running of Formula One
    The circuits on the Formula One calendar have united in order to have a greater say in the running of the sport.

Kubica undergoes surgery to damaged elbow
    Robert Kubica has undergone surgery in order to improve the mobility of his arm following his accident last year.

Ticket prices for USGP announced
    The organisers of the United States Grand Prix have announced that tickets will go on sale on June 10.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn hints at Schumacher stay
    Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn believes Michael Schumacher will continue racing for the team in 2013 if the team achieves its goals this year.

Here is the Timing Schedule for this weekend's Canadian GP:

Code:
    Canadian GP 
    Friday
    Practice Session 1    19;00 To 20:30
    Practice Session 2    23;00 To 00:30

Saturday
    Practice Session 3    19;00 To 20;00
    Qualifying Session    22;00 To 23;00

Sunday
    Race                  23;00 To  1;00(Mon)
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Canadian Grand Prix not sold out as protests hit
    Organisers of the Canadian Grand Prix have admitted student protests in Montreal have hit tickets sales for the weekend and for the first time in many years the event will not be sold out.

Villeneuve slams 'babies' playing 'video games'
    Former Formula One world champion Jacques Villeneuve has launched a scattergun attack on today's drivers, accusing them of lacking common sense and of being babies.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren not worried about Jenson Button's qualifying form ahead of Canadian Grand Prix
    McLaren is confident Jenson Button can reverse his recent poor qualifying form and, together with Lewis Hamilton, be a force for victory at Canada.

McLaren says there is no rush on a new contract for 2008 F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton
    McLaren says there is 'plenty of time' to sort out future of 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton, whose contract with the British squad is set to expire at the end of the current Formula 1 season.

Odds: Hamilton the bookies favourite to triumph at Canada
    McLaren star Lewis Hamilton is once again the bookmakers favourite to make it seven different winners in the opening seven races of the 2012 season.

Sky Italia secures F1 broadcast rights from 2013, meaning only nine races will be broadcast free-to-air in Italy
    Italy will follow Britain's lead in regards to TV coverage of Formula 1 after Sky Italia secured the right to broadcast the sport from 2013.

Massa sure he can build upon Monaco showing and improve further at Canada
    Felipe Massa is bullish he can continue to make progress towards the front of the field after delivering his strongest race of the season in Monaco.

Sergio Perez believes he has the speed to fight for a Canadian Grand Prix podium
    Sergio Perez believes that he can fight for a podium at this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix, despite it being his first 'proper' race start at Montreal.

Webber angered by suggestions he won Monaco with an illegal car
    Mark Webber says he is 'pissed off' at suggestions that he won the Monaco Grand Prix with an illegal car following the FIA's decision to force Red Bull to change its floor design.

Jenson Button hopes to turn things around in the Canadian Grand Prix
    Jenson Button says that he needs to deliver a good result for McLaren in Canada this weekend after a run of poor results in recent races.

Sebastian Vettel plays down floor design changes ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix
    Sebastian Vettel believes that the effect of the holes in the Red Bull's floor has been overplayed during the recent arguments over the legality of the design.

Paul di Resta says Canada will provide the best indication yet of Force India's potential
    Paul di Resta believes that the Canadian Grand Prix will offer the best indication yet of Force India's potential.

Alonso: Ferrari still needs more speed to stay in championship fight
    Ferrari cannot afford to rely on its strong run of consistent points scoring this season if it is going to win the world championship this year.

Dany Bahar dismissed from Group Lotus role
    Dany Bahar has been dismissed from his role as CEO of Group Lotus with immediate effect, the Malaysian-owned sportscar manufacturer announced on Thursday.

Romain Grosjean downplays significance of first lap accidents
    Romain Grosjean has dismissed claims that he is too aggressive at the start of races, following his third opening lap crash of the season in Monaco.

Raikkonen expects less issues with Pirelli's supersoft tyres in Canada
    Kimi Raikkonen believes the track surface at Montreal should suit the supersoft Pirelli tyres in the Canadian Grand Prix this weekend.

Lewis Hamilton may wait until the end of the season to decide on his future in F1
    Lewis Hamilton says he may wait until after the end of the season to sort out his future, as speculation linking him with other teams continues.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List