Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Motorway Police Latest Scam

Salaam everyone
    I am disclosing our beloved Motorway Police's latest scam for minting money from our already inflation-stricken public

So the event goes like this.
    We went to Chakwal yesterday and on our way back, we were hardly at a speed of 110-115 km/h, the car is a 2008 Suzuki Cultus EFi, and it was driving on CNG plus AC.
    When we were halfway through, there was a Motorway Police car parked at the side and the speed camera set in place. To our surprise, he came right in front of the a car with the STOP sign in hand and we had to slam the brakes (not to the wheel-locking point, but close enough) and stop the car. I had this WTF feeling in mind that why the hell did he stop us and that too by such an insane method. Our driver was driving the car.
    The "Police waala" came to the driver's side window and had the Challan Book in his hand, and said that "Aap overspeeding kar rahe hain"
    I got infuriated and said that WTF is wrong with you we are traveling with family and our speed was below the speed limit.
    He then started filling the ticket and gave a whooping Rs. 750 fine, this is the best part, he collected cash there on the spot!!
    We now had no choice but to pay the fine as he was killing our time and raising our blood pressures as well. He didn't mark the card nor anything else, just collected the money there and then and let us go.

The point is, that some action should be taken against these greedy filthy animals, who are openly robbing the public out of no reason but to fill their pockets and also leave no evidence of their corruption.

We all travel on Motorway and when someone gets a ticket, his card is marked and the amount paid at the interchange, but this is totally pointless and outrageous as well as shows the malafide intentions of these hungry dogs that they are collecting money on the spot and just issuing these tickets to even a bicycle they will see.

Something needs to be done about this
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes sometimes they do collect the money at the spot. I dont know if its a scam or just new procedure
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my dear, a new system has been put into place. now you pay the fine on the spot. just like gt road. it has been done because many travelers used to throw their cards away and/or use other tactics to not pay the fine. there is already a thread on it.

as far as ur speed is concerned, you should have asked them to show you the recording and all your doubts would have been cleared. the recording should have been there otherwise you would not have had to pay the fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Motorway Police was good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

don't stop just Flash lights honk and Go means no mark on card no fine at interchange
    and i seen them they set speed camera at bottom of a hill so any car there will be speeding over the limit so they can get challan
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

once a friend threw his card because it had been marked for overspeeding, but on the interchange they had already got the info that the car has an overspeeding ticket and therefore he had to pay it
    whenever we got overspeeding ticket we paid it on the interchange as usual.
    and GT Road is something else and Motorway something else
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Salaam everyone
    I am disclosing our beloved Motorway Police's latest scam for minting money from our already inflation-stricken public

So the event goes like this.
    We went to Chakwal yesterday and on our way back, we were hardly at a speed of 110-115 km/h, the car is a 2008 Suzuki Cultus EFi, and it was driving on CNG plus AC.
    When we were halfway through, there was a Motorway Police car parked at the side and the speed camera set in place. To our surprise, he came right in front of the a car with the STOP sign in hand and we had to slam the brakes (not to the wheel-locking point, but close enough) and stop the car. I had this WTF feeling in mind that why the hell did he stop us and that too by such an insane method. Our driver was driving the car.
    The "Police waala" came to the driver's side window and had the Challan Book in his hand, and said that "Aap overspeeding kar rahe hain"
    I got infuriated and said that WTF is wrong with you we are traveling with family and our speed was below the speed limit.
    He then started filling the ticket and gave a whooping Rs. 750 fine, this is the best part, he collected cash there on the spot!!
    We now had no choice but to pay the fine as he was killing our time and raising our blood pressures as well. He didn't mark the card nor anything else, just collected the money there and then and let us go.

The point is, that some action should be taken against these greedy filthy animals, who are openly robbing the public out of no reason but to fill their pockets and also leave no evidence of their corruption.

We all travel on Motorway and when someone gets a ticket, his card is marked and the amount paid at the interchange, but this is totally pointless and outrageous as well as shows the malafide intentions of these hungry dogs that they are collecting money on the spot and just issuing these tickets to even a bicycle they will see.

Something needs to be done about this
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in this - check the receipt / challan he gave you it MUST be having a stamp of payment received with date time place and the badge number of the policeman & details why the ticket is issued.

Procedure is simple - if you pay on spot cash its done & over if cash is not available they hold the Original licence or the CNIC and upon production of payment receipt the submitted document can be collected to the point of exit even if it is in the next city. Options are offered incase of not enough cash available. It is a common practice I know since past 7+ years this may be your 1st personal encounter.

- in older version (seemingly archived now) of PW i posted my 1st Ticket by motorway police was given such option -

2ndly if you were sure of NOT over speeding you should have asked for camera capture immediately. The camera deployed units does not have tools to tamper the speed cams they carry in the vehicles.

RELAX -
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    don't stop just Flash lights honk and Go means no mark on card no fine at interchange
    and i seen them they set speed camera at bottom of a hill so any car there will be speeding over the limit so they can get challan
    yes i know their downhill tactic but we were on a plain part of the road
    and what do you expect from a cultus with 5 passengers and driving on CNG with AC? 120 tak jaati hai to bara kamaal hota hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they do record the speed taken by the speed camera,you should have asked for that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its your right to see the recorded video of your car
    that video shows your speed as well...
    and you should have asked about the normal protocol of challan collection
    IMO
    its your own mistake
    .... but the best part is " you learn by mistakes "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he filled the receipt in less than 30 seconds of stopping our car, we argued but he didn't even bother to listen
    "Apni hawaaon mein tha"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and what do you expect from a cultus with 5 passengers and driving on CNG with AC? 120 tak jaati hai to bara kamaal hota hai
    dude are u running stock or big tires as when tires profile is changed then speedo shows less speed and u sure Efi cultus and 120 it goes till 180 man if it was alto then 120 is not enough

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you check which speed limit zone you were passing through? There are areas of few KM where speed limit is as low as 50 km/h at kalar kahar area.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the car has stock tyre size, i knew this question will be asked so i am clearing this
    and we were in normal zone not in any salt range type place or something similar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    Did you check which speed limit zone you were passing through? There are areas of few KM where speed limit is as low as 50 km/h at kalar kahar area.
    Exactly. I was about to ask the same question. Further, these drivers do overspeeding and normally on highways we do not feel the high speed. Neither we keep eye on odo meter.

Signature space under construction.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the car has stock tyre size, i knew this question will be asked so i am clearing this
    and we were in normal zone not in any salt range type place or something similar
    Then the only solution was that you should have checked the recording of camera. If he gave you ticket then there should not be any scam on personal level.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

next time don't stop simple if
    they ask at interchange kehna i thought k koi lutera tha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    Exactly. I was about to ask the same question. Further, these drivers do overspeeding and normally on highways we do not feel the high speed. Neither we keep eye on odo meter.

Signature space under construction.
    i sit in the fromt seat and continuously stare at the speedometer in case the driver overspeeds

Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    Then the only solution was that you should have checked the recording of camera. If he gave you ticket then there should not be any scam on personal level.
    you mean to say that is it a big scam or we were at fault?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    next time don't stop simple if
    they ask at interchange kehna i thought k koi lutera tha
    yup if this happens next time will surely follow your advice

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he filled the receipt in less than 30 seconds of stopping our car, we argued but he didn't even bother to listen
    "Apni hawaaon mein tha"
    they listen if you talk nicely...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List