Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eddy5
  • 1 Post By chinyoti

Thread: A world without toyota!

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up A world without toyota!

    For those who dislike toyota as a brand/manufacturer.

    (of course some maker will have to buy their two good things they have produced - prado and land cruiser and possibly Mazda can aquire those, since Nissan already has equal contenders in the SUV category)
    so here's saying no to Cheap poor braking in most of their model, here is no to one part /one engine fits all philosophy
    Would you buy a Toyota brand if any of the other top 6 manufactures with their brands, would be available locally?

    Gentlemen, your views welcome!


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    born_2b_wild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    .........
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes. why not. most of my toyotas were put together by me,

    This is not Germany where BMW are cheaper than rest of the world.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    What were you thinking when you started this thread? I guess you forgot Toyota became the top car seller/manufacturere in 2010 around the world, This is the world we're talking about not just Pakistan.

    And brakes issues, ah just forget it, lets not comment about it, and stick to the topic. Cheers
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I mentioned clearly what i was thinking. & that is why the thread is there.

    Thanks for the info you have repeated. it is rather common knowledge. I am aware of the size of the company. Actually i wanted to start a poll but did not get to see that option here. so.... free comments.

    In any case in response to your argument , what i will say is the size is a matter of lot of things, better planning, better marketing, better cost management, better cost of ownership. so yes, looking as a whole at their models, they do figure some what reasonable output in these areas. BUT... let me add to your knowledge that although VW is not the largest selling car manufacturer it is the richest and most affluent - that is why they are giving even Japanese a run for their money with their newer models. So which size are you talking about by sales or by finance? - they are two v. different things.


    in any case , there are many toyota haters in the market - i am perhaps one of them. having kept/driven from Landcruier, to Rav 4's and from LS 330 to cheeap Camrys and our great Toyota indus PRODUCTS.

    Your argument however is valid; but that is not the point. since that size does not always deliver best to the customer.
    But i was hoping to invite comments from members with a more wider expoure. .. if they don't come maybe this thread is earlier than its time :-)

    cheers

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    and indeed the Perspective IS globaly (not just Pakistan, although we should comment most on products available in Pakistan, since this is pakwheels.com) - so perspective is global only the theatre of debate is local. :-)

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    NakedTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    69
    Posts
    620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    2010 and 2013.

    I see a big difference. Blind fanygirls dont.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If the other brands to which you are saying are selling cars at the same price of TOYOTA and our local mech's can easily work on the cars ,parts availabilty and also resale value then Why not....But toyota is known for these requirements..
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    NakedTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    69
    Posts
    620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Really?. I think you copied someone's statement that has 'Suzuki' in it and you replaced it with 'Toyota'.

    Wow. Nice job boy.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Why do some people just log on to give their 'sattire' and 'taunts' , rather than see others comments as opinions, respect that and give their own opinions. THAT is what a forum is for. It is not for 'i don't like the topic' and i like the topic. don't like it. don't comment on it. simple.
    @FarhanAnwarKhan - ofcourse sir when we say, other manufacturers come in , the assumption is they come in with full service i.e. manufacturing , 3S and etc. and naturally they will launch models which compete with already existing ones. - thanks four your comment.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy5 View Post
    Why do some people just log on to give their 'sattire' and 'taunts' , rather than see others comments as opinions, respect that and give their own opinions. THAT is what a forum is for. It is not for 'i don't like the topic' and i like the topic. don't like it. don't comment on it. simple.
    @FarhanAnwarKhan - ofcourse sir when we say, other manufacturers come in , the assumption is they come in with full service i.e. manufacturing , 3S and etc. and naturally they will launch models which compete with already existing ones. - thanks four your comment.
    well bro if they do so and are willing to keep up there work work then yes people will prefer them including me ...
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy5 View Post
    I mentioned clearly what i was thinking. & that is why the thread is there.

    Thanks for the info you have repeated. it is rather common knowledge. I am aware of the size of the company. Actually i wanted to start a poll but did not get to see that option here. so.... free comments.

    In any case in response to your argument , what i will say is the size is a matter of lot of things, better planning, better marketing, better cost management, better cost of ownership. so yes, looking as a whole at their models, they do figure some what reasonable output in these areas. BUT... let me add to your knowledge that although VW is not the largest selling car manufacturer it is the richest and most affluent - that is why they are giving even Japanese a run for their money with their newer models. So which size are you talking about by sales or by finance? - they are two v. different things.


    in any case , there are many toyota haters in the market - i am perhaps one of them. having kept/driven from Landcruier, to Rav 4's and from LS 330 to cheeap Camrys and our great Toyota indus PRODUCTS.

    Your argument however is valid; but that is not the point. since that size does not always deliver best to the customer.
    But i was hoping to invite comments from members with a more wider expoure. .. if they don't come maybe this thread is earlier than its time :-)

    cheers

    Good to hear that, Good debates are always healthy,

    By the way, I knew that about VW and that Toyota only outleashed GM in terms of units sold, or market holding percentage. Toyotas competitive advantage remains (quality at a economical pricing), To be the only selling point.

    I havent had or driven any thing more then a Corolla, Civic, City Baleno, So im seriously not aware of the Lexus or the Cygnus types. So we need to clear up what segments are we talking about here, Write?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Actually if you see the top i had labelled - 'for those who dislike Toyota as a brand / manufacturer ' :-). I am one such person.

    How about you?

    Ok here is what i observed and found some other of my peers agreeing with. - Across segments i compared Toyota with rival Japs or german same segment cars.

    for example- Lexus Is250, 300 - compare with Infiniti Gs models - not only in Infinit able to command a higher price, but is closer to actual luxry and power, rather than just being what i call practical luxury of lexus. Again the feel of cheapness comes into play for toyota. Sure it sells no doubt - i am not saying as a global player they haven't got their act together. but i just hate them for their cars.

    upgrade - LS model 600 or else - infiniti M35, M45 - wow look at the M35/45 interiors and the performance specs are better than that for Lexus.

    After 20 years of plunging into the luxury segment - Lexus still is known for practical luxury.

    However my experience with camry verus let us say, Altima 2.5 and 3.5 and Mazda 6 even accord, way better experience and again braking ! These actually feel like cars which make you feel nice to own them.

    Fortuner has the same story, same engine as the camry, or dala or hiace van - makes it just a glorified dala. Whereas the competitors actually have some personality in their cars . my complain is exactly that, Toyota has taken the personality out of owning a car. In some ways its the Ford T model of the new era!

    I am sure you will know that Vitz is a popular import in Pakistan right? well because of Toyota presense more Vitz is imported than Nissan Tida. At a Global level TIDA is a larger sales sucess than is Vitz or Yaris (same car diff. brand names). If you get a chance do drive an imported TIDA in pakistan, surely it is not that fancy looking but you will see what i mean byt its performance and ease of handling and drive.

    Plus let us look at line-up, does Toyota have anything like Maxima? or 370 z or the Nissan GTR- these are flagship racers which set the quality perception for Nissan. Mazda has the miata roadster (MX5) and RX8 . Subaru has the legacy and Impreza and Impreza WRX Sti. Has Toyota ever produced anything as super and fast as Honda NSX? or even a popular roadster as Honda S2000, with the price of a cheap car you get a toy that can rev upto 8,9000 rpm and beyond. Yes supra was there, 'WAS'; dead long time now. Again Supra is dead but the Nissan Skyline GTR was a far bigger phenomenon than Ole man Supra.

    Allow me to bring another angle into my argument. Do you remember 1994/5 - Honda creates firewords in the world by innovating Vtec. and what does toyota do? come up with a shitty VVti ( which i call Very Vtec) - only thing is the darn thing is not a Vtec. Vtec was focused on performance 'when' one needs it and economy when one doesn't - it is an import from sports technology. but Toyota's Vtec focuses on econmy only. Where does a Toyota Vtec perform. Is a Reborn sporty or is the Altis 1.8 sporty?
    Again with Corolla - the same chasis, the same housing , same suspension set up is forced to take, 1.3, 1.6, 1.8 and even 2.0 Diesel.

    I have not crossed over to German competition - a Passat 2.0 Tsi Turbo full options - has options that an infiniti can give a second look to and the engine literally SNARLS to 120 kms in 6 seconds. Check the price Tag yourself, nothing toyota has to compare to that. The new 2011 Jetta has fuel economy better than a Corolla but has far better built quality interior and mechanical than Corrolla or Camry etc.

    I am in consumer research and marketing consulting by profession - so i had a chance to work on few projects with Ford and VW - it gave me some chance to see how auto business is seen and what they do to segment the market. Competition is catching upto the Toyota game.

    Let me introduce to you, another species of ruthless makers. Say hello to the Koreans. I invite you to look in detail at the Kia Optima - it is cutting the market of Accord sharply in the middle east region as well as North America. This is one of the most beautiful modern cars you would see. Also look up Hyundai Sonata . Check them up on edumunds, to get a feel.

    I wish we would have less corruption here so we all get CHOICES , and are not forced to choose from 3 only or expensive reconditioned exports. Competition would also bring the best of the market to top. Nissan ran away, so did Mazda and VW was shown the door twice by our great governance. (VW, BMW, Merc and Ford - all have plants in India and We have everything that India has and even more, just not the political bloody will! ). Dang, if there is a group of enterpreneurs we can make a better car than Corrolla or Swift even locally. In today's world its not a bid deal. Syria makes a car for decades. Russians only helped set it up once.

    So in my mind - the bottom line is - they are all going after the Japs ( lead by the germans and flanked by Koreans and GMC) - and Toyota being the biggest , is likely to take the biggest hit as well.

    A World Without Toyota



  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DCcoolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,694
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Paindos will be sad as there sweet dish XLI was never existed
    <BLACK SMITH>

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy5 View Post
    Actually if you see the top i had labelled - 'for those who dislike Toyota as a brand / manufacturer ' :-). I am one such person.

    How about you?

    Ok here is what i observed and found some other of my peers agreeing with. - Across segments i compared Toyota with rival Japs or german same segment cars.

    for example- Lexus Is250, 300 - compare with Infiniti Gs models - not only in Infinit able to command a higher price, but is closer to actual luxry and power, rather than just being what i call practical luxury of lexus. Again the feel of cheapness comes into play for toyota. Sure it sells no doubt - i am not saying as a global player they haven't got their act together. but i just hate them for their cars.

    upgrade - LS model 600 or else - infiniti M35, M45 - wow look at the M35/45 interiors and the performance specs are better than that for Lexus.

    After 20 years of plunging into the luxury segment - Lexus still is known for practical luxury.

    However my experience with camry verus let us say, Altima 2.5 and 3.5 and Mazda 6 even accord, way better experience and again braking ! These actually feel like cars which make you feel nice to own them.

    Fortuner has the same story, same engine as the camry, or dala or hiace van - makes it just a glorified dala. Whereas the competitors actually have some personality in their cars . my complain is exactly that, Toyota has taken the personality out of owning a car. In some ways its the Ford T model of the new era!

    I am sure you will know that Vitz is a popular import in Pakistan right? well because of Toyota presense more Vitz is imported than Nissan Tida. At a Global level TIDA is a larger sales sucess than is Vitz or Yaris (same car diff. brand names). If you get a chance do drive an imported TIDA in pakistan, surely it is not that fancy looking but you will see what i mean byt its performance and ease of handling and drive.

    Plus let us look at line-up, does Toyota have anything like Maxima? or 370 z or the Nissan GTR- these are flagship racers which set the quality perception for Nissan. Mazda has the miata roadster (MX5) and RX8 . Subaru has the legacy and Impreza and Impreza WRX Sti. Has Toyota ever produced anything as super and fast as Honda NSX? or even a popular roadster as Honda S2000, with the price of a cheap car you get a toy that can rev upto 8,9000 rpm and beyond. Yes supra was there, 'WAS'; dead long time now. Again Supra is dead but the Nissan Skyline GTR was a far bigger phenomenon than Ole man Supra.

    Allow me to bring another angle into my argument. Do you remember 1994/5 - Honda creates firewords in the world by innovating Vtec. and what does toyota do? come up with a shitty VVti ( which i call Very Vtec) - only thing is the darn thing is not a Vtec. Vtec was focused on performance 'when' one needs it and economy when one doesn't - it is an import from sports technology. but Toyota's Vtec focuses on econmy only. Where does a Toyota Vtec perform. Is a Reborn sporty or is the Altis 1.8 sporty?
    Again with Corolla - the same chasis, the same housing , same suspension set up is forced to take, 1.3, 1.6, 1.8 and even 2.0 Diesel.

    I have not crossed over to German competition - a Passat 2.0 Tsi Turbo full options - has options that an infiniti can give a second look to and the engine literally SNARLS to 120 kms in 6 seconds. Check the price Tag yourself, nothing toyota has to compare to that. The new 2011 Jetta has fuel economy better than a Corolla but has far better built quality interior and mechanical than Corrolla or Camry etc.

    I am in consumer research and marketing consulting by profession - so i had a chance to work on few projects with Ford and VW - it gave me some chance to see how auto business is seen and what they do to segment the market. Competition is catching upto the Toyota game.

    Let me introduce to you, another species of ruthless makers. Say hello to the Koreans. I invite you to look in detail at the Kia Optima - it is cutting the market of Accord sharply in the middle east region as well as North America. This is one of the most beautiful modern cars you would see. Also look up Hyundai Sonata . Check them up on edumunds, to get a feel.

    I wish we would have less corruption here so we all get CHOICES , and are not forced to choose from 3 only or expensive reconditioned exports. Competition would also bring the best of the market to top. Nissan ran away, so did Mazda and VW was shown the door twice by our great governance. (VW, BMW, Merc and Ford - all have plants in India and We have everything that India has and even more, just not the political bloody will! ). Dang, if there is a group of enterpreneurs we can make a better car than Corrolla or Swift even locally. In today's world its not a bid deal. Syria makes a car for decades. Russians only helped set it up once.

    So in my mind - the bottom line is - they are all going after the Japs ( lead by the germans and flanked by Koreans and GMC) - and Toyota being the biggest , is likely to take the biggest hit as well.

    A World Without Toyota


    I agree to you, But thats actualy where the Toyotas cost cutting comes into play, Since we are talking about the global factory, Pakistani market is different, You should agree, Change isnt easy to absorb for people, There is this very common saying, Put a Toyota logo on a donkey and it would sell here.

    Toyota's lack differenciation, most of their cars are or look and offer almost similar features,

    lets just say, Vitz, IST, Passo, Aygo, They are just sister rivals to each other right? more or less come from the same playground,

    I agree, to that the driving experience of Honda Civic is alot better then that of the Toyota Corolla, But then again, The Honda doesnt lasts as long.

    About imports in Pakistan, again as i said the name sells, Plus the avalibility of the Yaris/Vitz in asian markets means easy scrap parts avalible.

    Thirdly see what happened with Liana, Suzuki Swift uses the same engine but its a hit, all over Pakistan, You get my point? The name sells.

    Nissans have always been a personal favourite, BMW and VW are additions to favourites,.


    PS: Im not a Toyota hater at all, In recent years, all Suzukis and Hondas have mostly been replaced by Toyotas in my family, mostly because of the high prices by Honda, and low quality by Suzuki.

    Since i dont have first hand experience of the many other brands other then Suzuki, Toyota, Honda, Nissan im weak here.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I would just say two things:

    1-) Quality is a partially perceptive thing - one standard that is quality to me, may not be quality to you & vice Versa. So naturally i don't agree with you that Toyota offers affordable quality - I would differ. But i think on this we can live wth 'agree to disagree'

    2-) Regarding the same engine for Liana and Swift - to be brutally honest i am not aware of that, and i atleast do not think that is the case. Howewver since i am not sure i will take your word for it. BUT i will add couple of points here, which i would like you to consider

    • It is just not the ENGINE OR THE NAME (SWIFT) that makes it sell . there is always some good effot, quality, etc etc behind a name. If we agree 100% to what you say, we will simplly demolish the field of prodcut marketing. there can be 100 of case examples., but to keep it simple . If Alfa Romeo buys this swift brand from Suzuki and puts its badge on it, i.e. ALFA SWIFT - do you think it will sell? i don't think so. So while it is true, that name sellls, but it is also true that SWIFT is one of the best product made by Suzuki.
    • Second point i wanted to share was more on technical lines: As you say that engine is same - and we agree that this is the case. The problem with Liana was just not the name of Liana, it was an over-all bad product in THAT times' market , (conisdering everything i.e price, price of competition after sales, product performance and parts quality). LIANA had a crap gear box, and the HP to Revving ratio was awful. plus if i remember correctly the gear ratios on Liana were pretty awaful i.e. short , Whereas one test drive of the 1.3 swift available here shows that even the first gear goes upto 60 km/hr. - that is impressive setting even for bigger and faster cars' standards.
    • So with Swift the whole package is diffierent - esp Liana was a sedan and Swift a hot hatch. and with this Swift the same engine is mated to a different gearbox, and as we all know that a gearbox is 30%-50% of the engine performance.

    Hence i would say that just the name is not selling the product already had a good reputation in Pakistan and even Other asian markets (including Australia) and even N. Am. No doubt its a wonderful car and is doing record sales in the globe.

    Since you say that most of your cars in your household/family etc, have been swapped for a Toyota - that is exactly one of my points - we don't get options here in Pakistan. If you did, you would certainly have nore cars in your consideration set.
    and may choose another one, at least as second car.
    Plus Bro, come on the XLI's, GLI's (even the 1.6 man + auto both) are seriously crappy as cars. don't you think Toyota Indus has no room for improvement?

    Cheers and thanks for the points. I see that a die hard Toyota fan cannot be converted easily :-)

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eddy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @DCcoolguy - Thats true, you know the customer profile for Toyota vs. customer profile for Honda. But that was few years ago, Toyota has been sucessfull in recruiting similar customer profile for last 5-6 years now, as Honda.

    but Hi 5 - to you for that comment :-)

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    SWIFT is one of the best product made by Suzuki.
    Haha, Perception again my friend, By Suzuki yes, By Paksuzuki no, Ive had first hand experience on a brand new Swift, Its no better then the Liana either (in terms of build quality and materials used), The major failure of Liana is followed by Baleno. The pick up the 0-60 timing is better becasue of the size and weight of the car.

    Yes your right Lianas had issues with the gear ive raised the issue somewhere defending Swift, But you said it opposite, Swift has a shorter gear ratio, Liana didnt, But again Petrol model Liana owners are still happy to go with it, CNG models were the pain.

    Quality for me is durability, i mean been using a 2002 Vitz since 2006, i havnt had to spend a penny on its suspension, 2004 Civics and 2005 Balenos needed new bushes or arms changed every 1.5 years.

    To be honest, since the disposal of the last Suzuki and Honda cars in my personal house hold, Trips to mechanics have become only for oil changes. Thats only my point.

    I see that a die hard Toyota fan cannot be converted easily :-)
    Not to Honda City or Suzuki atleast.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    And oh yes, Customer profile, When comparing Swift to Liana, Swift is the most expencive Pakistani hatch, Where as Liana is the cheapest sedan avalible so, Yes word of mouth matters alot here.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •