0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@szuberi

the potential buyers not only in this case but many other cases would not even give a damn to watever the price might be..they r willing to buy at watever price they r offering a specific car...so the question of being questioning the govt, the Toyota dealers, the car importers or the concerned authorities is just out of question...a middle class person wont even think of buying this car n those who have the nuts, they simply wont care..that day u were talking something abt the 2% potential buyers..believe me man, these 2% have the potential to buy anything offered to them at any price..n the rest 98%..poor souls.
    http://www.pro-pakistan.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power...(Abraham Lincoln)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARS
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Rs. 2.7 million tag equals to roughly over $ 45 G . In that much money U could buy a Lexus V6 , Infiniti (G 35 or QX 56) or even a Vette. I wish some one would oppen up a used car outlet infront of Indus motors' head office and start selling those babes like hell to the users.
    If I were in Pakistan , I would sure buy a used car instead but my first priority would B Revo , at least its price does makes some sense at the contemporary.
    Boycott Indus Motors.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all u [
    Watch your tone and language please/MOD
    ]flapping their gums on how high the price is and how indus motors is raping the consumers should go to the cbr's website and read the automobile import policy. If you bother to read it or infact are aware of the policy would know that there is a certain amount of duty u have to pay to import the car...

indus motors koi aasman say nahin utra kay onko duty nahin daynee parti... dont blame indus motors for the price, blame the government...

agreed 27 is too much but comparing it to prices in the US is just wrong........
    Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no offense but camry is much better than accord version which was relesed in PK...and one thing more Camry comes in th race of Good Luxary level Cars such as mark2 markX acoord Cl9 Acoord Euro R
    Iman, Taqwa, Jihad fi Sabilillah, Men at their best Pakistan Army

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a) Neither camry or accord are luxury cars by any definition
    b) This still doens't hold a candle to accord, although it does look good
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This car, brand new if imported costs about 1.8 million rupees tops. And YES I am well aware of the import policies... my family-friends HAVE showrooms and dealerships in Japan and import 'luxury cars' here to PK. This car, brand new is not worth 2.7million.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice pics
    but its looking like a mix shape of cl7 and new accord..i mean its pattren is like that...
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is outrageous, new camry in pakistan and no signs of it in saudi arabia?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NICE PICS .

toyota,s new camry is nice but it is much expensive .one can buy a SECOD HAND B.M.W OR MERCEDESE in this price.

so these prices hav to be reduced.
    TOYOTA ROCKZ ALL OVA DA WORLD..................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quit complaining. Its a dangerous thing to compare the prices of cars in pakistan to the united states. Too often on this website american or canadian members complain about how high the prices are in pakistan. the reason cars are cheaper in america is because we make them!

On a car that costs 1500,000pkr in canada, you are paying 1200000pkr duty. Which is perfectly on par with the the final cost! Build your own cars and then you wont complain.

the reality is the prices are in accordance of government policy and income levels in pakistan, and not in the americas. the middle class SHOULD never, and i emphasize that I dont want them to ever drive a mid size sedan. this is because of pakistan's population levels. it's not sustainable to have every pakistani driving a car when there is so much congestion.

if you want to compare prices of cars, compare them to singapore, india, or hong kong where population problems exist.

A camry in singapore costs 3750000. In hong kong 3500000. In india 2800000.

these high prices are systematic efforts to make sure cars are not available to the masses, and for the future of pakistan i support that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New Camry Pics -655905

New Camry Pics -655906

New Camry Pics -655907

New Camry Pics -655908

New Camry Pics -655909
    [ToYoTa] P/\SS!( )N

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@evolution
    first off..you need to some learn some manners and stop using abusive language for others...your comment was reported to the mods and if you continue..you will regret it. have a discussion if you want to...but behave. Check PW rules below..check rule #1
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply...umID!7~pw.html

@annonpak
    may be you havent realized that we now live in a global economy...where people in pakistan pay the same price for awhole lot of products as people in north america and elsewhere...gasoline is one prime example.

i dont see any problem in making that comparison...cuz it is right to do so. not all cars that are sold in north america are manufactured here...this is more true for most non-american vehicles. having said that...it is widely known that toyota, honda and other manufacturers in pakistan have been giving a lot of bribe money to the govt. in the past for them to disallow the import of vehicles by citizens...so you cant say they are not at fault.

think it logically...the duty that you might pay for importing a car is always higher than toyota or honda will have to pay when they import their cars for re-selling into the market. its never the same cuz the govt. loves them more than you do cuz they pay more in income and sales taxes.

your suggestion is absolutely rediculous that middle class should refrain from buying expensive cars or expensive products...i mean...WTF...you have to have a free market economy right? or you want to cherry pick those who have money and can afford such expensive products?

i also couldnt understand your point that if such expensive cars are nto available to the masses...it is a good thing for the country? can u explain why?

lastly...can u give me some facts and figures on the basis of which you said that the prices being charges are in accordance with the govt. rules and policies? since you were so sure about that in your post.

so dont anyone tell me that members in US and Canada complain about higher prices...we do cuz we know how to speak for the rights of people cuz thats the way we have learned life here.....

and as i have always said this....whether its the govt. or the business owner...they all try to screw the end consumer in Pakistan....you know why?? cuz they take advantage of the wide disparity of income in the system. there are a handful few who can get these cars but why the **** not the masses....its freakin govt. responsibility to make sure that every family should be able to afford a car and prices are under check.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it..and so restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Szuberi, lets use some analytical reasoning to clear this out. If you care about Pakistanis, you cant have pakistanis driving cheap imported camrys. If you want to give them cheap imports you're helping the industries from where the producst are coming from and devastating pakistan.

I very well realize we do live in a global market. Me and you, but you need to analyze the wider global system to understand why manufactured goods are so expensive. i cant pull out facts and figures, only liberal economic theory.

In the west, our incomes are high, and our buying power large because of our exploitation of emerging economies. Pakistan though is on the other end of the stick. It's a provider of raw goods and we exploit it in the west.

Becase Pakistan's main exports are raw materials to the metropolitian cities, it's disarticulated from the fancy cars and modern technology everyone wants. Pakistan's at a comparative disadvantage when it trades manufactured goods for raw goods. The duties applied to cars are high to push automakers into producing cars locally with the hope local pakistani's will diversify into technology sectors.

From a governing point of view, your aim is to provide import substitutes so you dont pay foreign governments for expensive goods like cars. Instead your goal is to levy huge duties on imported goods, so that money can foster local industry. Or invite investment by offering cheap land to industries.

This tactic might resemble bribery, but it's occuring everywhere in a "global market" you're so fond of. Just recently Toyota picked woodstock ontario as it's plant. Why? The canadian government pledged 1/4 of the cost. Is that corruption? To give away land for free?

Toyota has plants all over north america. The majority of japanese cars being sold in north america are made domestically. Why? Under nafta, north americans put quota on japanese cars and huge duties once those numbers exceeded. Toyota was left no choice to establish factories within america.

The measures the pakistani government utilizies, in the form of import substitution and trade barriers are protective measures that underneath all the perceived corruption are for the benefit of Pakistan. There is ABSOLUTELY no benefit to providing imported cars at the north american prices. That'll create an inevitable debt crisis. Pakistan cant sell enough stuff to the world faster than pakistanis want to buy stuff from the world.

In my opinion, the establishment of a car market will only be a good thing for middle class pakistanis when the infrastructure can handle it. Today, only the elite and their neighbourhoods can handle such influx in cars. When leasing was introduced in pakistan, households began getting two cars on loan. What resulted was a car culture that had people driving cars everywhere. the pakistani infrastructure in karachi and lahore simply cannot sustain having so many cars on the road. what happened was huge traffic jams.

Before you reduce duties you need to be confident pakistan can survive without them. Right now, it simply cant. It's at a disadvantage and duties help the country cope. It's unfortunate the politicians of pakistan are expected to be perfect when the population itself is full of people seeking personal benefit, misuing authority, and cheating.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good comments but to me....they look more like an excuse. my point in response to your post is...that i agree with you about the fiscal imbalance we have being at the other end of the stick and having a weak infrastructure that can not support so many cars on the road/traffic (if more and more are available cheaply)

where i disagree still is the fact that what debt crises you think will emerge if you sell cars at the international prices? are you saying that since cars will be cheaper than the current prices...so more people will be able to afford them on credit??? and as a result..the traffic situation will worsen.

i dont get why a govt. would worry about people's debt levels at one end and at the same time....trying to protect the local industry. more debt simply means more money the creditors will make in the form of interest and fees...and if they make more money...they will pay more taxes to the government. i cant imagine why any govt. in pakistan would do all this to prevent a local family's financial situation worsen...im sure its not on their books.

and does anybody here know what the breakup of this price is???? So you pay 2.7MM...how much goes to Govt. and how much goes to Toyota? im dead certain that a large
    chunk over cost is the profit that Toyota is making.

and at the end of the day...how many cars like a camry get imported anyway? just a few hundred...should the govt. bank on it as a source of revenue?
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it..and so restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ szuberi very true
    J.A.K LAW ASSOCIATES F-8 DISTRICT COURTS ISLAMABAD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well dis topic started bout a camry and i dono y ppl start debatin on pakwheels bout govt and stuff lol its just a ride !!!!!!!!!!!
    CRAZY YEAH THT I AM!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol..you dont know cuz you dont need to know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey Szuberi, this is a pretty informative discussion!
    Anyway, im trying to point out that it's in the government's interest to levy duties on imported machinery of all kinds. Cars included.

The debt crisis i'm talking about is not for the individuals, but rather for Pakistan. Aslong as cars are sold above their international price, local manufacturers are provided with an oppurtunity to develop products that both involve local entrepreneurship and manufacturing.

Once imports are sold at the international rate (which you are defining as a narrow north american price) there's giong to be tremendous leakage of international currency out of pakistan. Pakistan needs to hold as much of it as possible and you're suggesting they relax duties so people can freely spend their money on the international market?

For an economy with a HUGE deficit, it needs these duties to encourage domestic growth. The question is wether they do it or not. The increase in toyota and honda you see today and more importantly the complaints people have about their business practices were a direct result of Japanese investors using pakistan's trade deficit with japan to open up factories. Pakistan simply couldnt pay the japanese, so they moved on in. If pakistan couldnt pay them back, they'd make pakistan pay them back through indus motors.

Creditors dont pay more taxes when pakistan defuncts, they grab a knife and put it to your throat. If you dont let the japanese bring in toyota, they'll cut you off from future loans. If you dont let the world bank relax your duties, they'll call your loan.

Duties are a protective measure. Aslong as pakistan has them it says we're still resisting international pressure to open our trade borders. Globalization is this big fancy concept everyone loves. Kids want toys, parents want holidays and the ones on pakwheels cars...but globalization is a curse for the poor. Globalization opens up markets out of force in the third world. Sure you can sit in a fancy corolla and high beam at rickshaw drivers, but aside from the costs of running the factory such as wages taxes marketing and utilities, the profits are going back to japan. There's no money in r&d No one's discovering how to make cars safer in pakistan. Wheres? the return in investment for us?

For a country like pakistan who's main export is labour and textiles it would be disasterous to sell these cars without huge taxes. If people arent buying the locally made revo, you have to implement taxes on imports so you can reinvest that money and establish a hundred more revos.

As for the tax breakdown : By June 2006, curbside dealers provided the CBR with:
    20,000,000,000 Rupees from 35,000.

Divide that in simple fashion and we're talking about 571,428pkr per used car...truck...van..whatever on average. Think about it in canadian dollars, and the govt made a bit over $10,000 per car imported. 1/4 of that is pocketed by corrupt officials, the number is substantial.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great discussion indeed..hey...are you in canada also?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@szuberi u think i would waste my hours and read ur post which has nuthin to do with da camry and its just nonsence!!!!!!!!well thts wht i think no offence bt i think ur wastin ur time by postin dis stuff!!!!!!!
    CRAZY YEAH THT I AM!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List