I have been posting my fuel statistics on Civic 9th Generation forum. The focus from Civic diverted from its features to some other topic. That's why I decided to make a separate thread for the same purpose. I shall be explaining the methods and ways for increasing the fuel efficiency of Civic 9th Generation.
First of all, I shall explain what actually is Hyper-Milling?
Definition: It is a method of increasing your car's gas mileage by making skillful changes in the way you drive, allowing you to save gas and thereby have an easier time withstanding the rising oil and gas prices.
Basics of Hyper-Milling
1. Don't Rush
2. Always Remain Calm
3. Don't push accelerator HARD
4. Always anticipate ahead
5. Don't brake HARD
6. Drive with flow of Traffic
Techniques of Saving Fuel on 9th Gen Prosmatic
I shall be mentioning the speed limits and mileage you will get against each on Motorway. However, this also variates whether going from Islamabad to Lahore, Islamabad to Peshawar and vice-versa. There are various factors like winds, terrain etc. Average will be better when going from Islamabad to Lahore than moving back because you save a lot of fuel at Salt Ranges.
Less than 70 kmpl - The average will more or less remain same or will get bad at very slow speeds.
70 km/hr - 22.5 kmpl
80 km/hr - 21.5 kmpl
90 km/hr - 20.5 kmpl
100 km/hr - 19 kmpl
110 km/hr - 17 kmpl
120 km/hr - 15 kmpl
130 km/hr - 14 kmpl
140 km/hr - 13 kmpl
150 km/hr - 11.5 kmpl
These are my calculated averages so there may be variation at different locations at different conditions.
2. G.T. Road
The driving at GT Roads is a bit tricky. I try to maintain 80 or I drive with the flow of traffic. Here is a thumb rule. Always Anticipate. Neither accelerate hard nor brake hard. Whenever you see any slow traffic, leave accelerator from far distance instead of going very close and then braking hard. It wastes a lot of fuel. Whenever you see clear road, always take use of Cruise Control.
3. Express Highway, Islamabad
Thumb Rule; Always drive between 60-80 with Cruise Control. And feel the difference in average.
1. Drive your vehicle on Econ Mode.
2. Set the temperature on auto and select the temperature which is reasonable
3. Always make use of Cruise Control
4. Tyre play an important role in saving fuel so keep 30 psi in all tires. Whenever you fill the air in any Tyre, ask the person to check all tires because you will always find difference in every other gauge. The reason is that gauges here are never collaborated.
5. Don't slide down the windows. Instead of saving fuel, they decrease the fuel efficiency.
6. The maximum fuel one can save is during acceleration. Always accelerate with light foot. Initially it will irritate you. Once you get used to it, you will start enjoying your driving.
Benefits of Hyper-Milling
1. You save fuel
2. Obviously you save money
3. You drive safe
4. You feel relaxed
5. You don't get stressed
6. You feel relaxed and enjoy your drive
Can you become a Hyper-Miller?
Obviously YES. I used to be a rashhhhhh driver. I used to drive my accord at 180 on G.T Roads. I used to participate in races. I have set records of driving from one place to another. YES, I WAS A FOOL. If I can change myself, definitely You can too. Its just that you need a WILL.
People always say that if you have 2.5 million car, then why to save money on fuel. People also say that why should one drive Civic so slow, Civic isn't meant for that. Well, its you who has to decide whether to behave maturely, and save your precious money, precious energy i.e. fuel, save lives of yours and others or do otherwise what others say. Decide yourself.
Happy & Safe Driving!
I am available for any type of Queries...
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad