27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why Pakistanis HATE seat belts?

I've yet to see a guy here in Lahore driving while wearing a seat belt... I never saw a person driving 'without' a seat belt during my stay in U.S! Is it the part of our culture or what? Its not like wearing seat belts is difficult and/or time consuming. It takes less then 5 sec to wear one...
    Yesterday, I saw a Cultus accident near Scheme Morr, Lahore on Allama Iqbal Town Main Road. The car was halfway over the foot path and there was a round dent on the driver's side of windshield. The driver lost control at high speed, car ran over the foot path and collided with a tree. The collision caused his head to slam real hard on the windshield... Was he wearing his seat belt, he would've walked away unharmed...
    Why? Why we never wear seat belts and why we never demand air bags from our auto manufacturers... Why we buy cars that will fail miserabily in American crash test rankings?
    Why we put premium on affordability and never on our safety?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We tend to complain, our locally manufactured cars aren't luxurious but the orphan jdms are becuase they have dual air bags and iPhone connections, etc.
    Whats the point of manufacturing air bags if you don't wear your searbelt? In most cars it doesn't deploy if the driver is not wearing the seatbelt and if it does the plastic cover opening with rapid force gives a nice "chamaat" on the driver's face for his stupidity doing more damage than good.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I witnessed a Hiace crashed on Rawal Road, Rawalpindi. Airbag didn't deploy because the driver didn't fasten the belt, but the driver walked away unharmed thanks to 'collapsible steering'!
    USA= Power + Safety + Design, EU= Fuel Economy/Eco-friendly + Safety + Design
    JDM= Reliability + Fuel Economy + Safety, Pakistan = Resale + Resale + Resale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List