The PAMA statistics for july are out and are rather interesting.For some reason, the previous months statistics are no longer available, only a comparison with that of 2013.
Some observations (my personal views):
- July 2014 sales are much lower than July 2013 sales. The new tax scheme on new cars might be responsible for lower sales. Other reasons that usually effect sales are floods, lower crops, etc but no such thing happened this year. Do we have any figures for imported cars sales?
- Honda City was the most sold sedan this month and the second most sold car (obviously behind the great Mehroo).
- Toyota, the most sold sedan, wasn't on sale for the first half of the month. We might also see similar abnormal figures of Toyota in August as the lower models were launched late but regular trend should resume in September.
- Swift has taken the biggest brunt. Its a hatchback which is priced closer to a sedan. Also the initial enthusiasm is gone and unlike Atlas and Indus, PakSuzuki does not upgrade models after 5-6 yrs. This is just one month statistics, but I see the same thing happened with Liana..they sold good initially and then lost luster. That is why a vast majority of all used Liana for sale are 2006/07 models.
- Last month I posted about WagonR and how I am skeptical about that car. I am still not ruling it out completely as below average sales. Until the Cultus is actually killed (as rumored on another thread), it (Cultus) is still more popular than WagonR despite being a 25yr old model.
Any other observations you see there? or any explanations you have? Please share.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad