5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month

The PAMA statistics for july are out and are rather interesting.For some reason, the previous months statistics are no longer available, only a comparison with that of 2013.

Jul Statistics are out Winners and Losers -1460242

Some observations (my personal views):

- July 2014 sales are much lower than July 2013 sales. The new tax scheme on new cars might be responsible for lower sales. Other reasons that usually effect sales are floods, lower crops, etc but no such thing happened this year. Do we have any figures for imported cars sales?

- Honda City was the most sold sedan this month and the second most sold car (obviously behind the great Mehroo).

- Toyota, the most sold sedan, wasn't on sale for the first half of the month. We might also see similar abnormal figures of Toyota in August as the lower models were launched late but regular trend should resume in September.

- Swift has taken the biggest brunt. Its a hatchback which is priced closer to a sedan. Also the initial enthusiasm is gone and unlike Atlas and Indus, PakSuzuki does not upgrade models after 5-6 yrs. This is just one month statistics, but I see the same thing happened with Liana..they sold good initially and then lost luster. That is why a vast majority of all used Liana for sale are 2006/07 models.

- Last month I posted about WagonR and how I am skeptical about that car. I am still not ruling it out completely as below average sales. Until the Cultus is actually killed (as rumored on another thread), it (Cultus) is still more popular than WagonR despite being a 25yr old model.

Any other observations you see there? or any explanations you have? Please share.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow, that's a drastic decrease in sales all throughout the board. July could potentially be an abnormal month and it would be best to wait until August before passing judgement.

As you pointed out, I do think the new tax scheme is having an negative effect on sales. Seriously its as if no economists give any advice to the finance ministry, about the fundamental philosophy behind taxation. For all the cries of protectionism raised by our auto industry, surely they should lobby the government to repeal this tax as it is clearly destroying their revenue and thus vastly decreasing the amount of income tax they pay to the government.

But in defense of the low numbers, it is possible that this is purely due to buyers waiting to see the new Corolla before making a decision. Corolla buyers simply could not buy a new car in July. City and Civic purchasers, were waiting to see if the new Corolla actually represented a better purchase for them.

That's why I think the August figures will offer more insight. If we see an overall slump, then I'm fairly sure that new tax policy is having a severe effect on vehicle sales.

I suspect that Toyota will see healthy sales, but that is simply due to the excitment of a new model. City, Civic, and Swift figures will be far more interesting to observe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The sales should completely halt, Dar has gone completely insane.

The tax brackets imposed are way too much. OK! It's fine if the government wants to catch non tax payers but what's the thing with those who pay their taxes?

I pay my taxes I have a receipt of it which can be attached with my NTN, why the h3ll would I have to give huge sum of *refundable* withholding tax?

Ohh and BTW these refundable taxes are considered 'Dead Money' and most of the times you have to pay 10-20% to the office before they refund it to you until or unless you are a corporation or medium scale company with * some links *

Then their are government officials who's taxes are already balanced in their pay cheques and without using a lot of contacts they also wouldn't be able to recover this money.

So a general perception is that at in 20-40% cases the money will not be refunded, government ka Mufta!

5 ungliyaan ghee mai.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    ? Nobody..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New statistics for August.

- Civic has taken a slight hit
    - City is relatively stable
    - Swift is slightly better than Jul figures but still not very strong. Similarly, WagonR, as I had said before, is not doing as well as expected. Cultus still going strong and likely to do so.
    - Corolla sold twice as much as Civic+City combined.
    - Mehran is evergreen and has no competition in that range.

PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month - zx9uok

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Latest Statistics for September 2014. Same story repeated again

- Toyota going stronger and selling 4,358 units while Honda (Civic and City combined) sold 1748 cars. Hence, Toyota outsold Honda by almost 250%. Also, its Civic that took a hit instead of City.

- WagonR not being well received by public. Another month of dismal performance. Seriously, what were they thinking?

- Mehran and Cultus still going strong. The story will continue unless they intentionally kill Mehran or Cultus, or introduce something worthwhile and not an ugly WagonR. Since there is no competition in this segment from local manufacturers, the share has gone to imports.

PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month - 288bo5u

Mods: Can you please rename this thread to a more appropriate :" PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

October 2014 Statistics

- As previously, City is not effected much. Will have to see Nov. figures though to comment better. A slight improvement but this is just statistical variations rather than a positive correlation.

- Civic ain't doing great. 2yr old model and very expensive.

- Volumes of Swift remain low compared to what it used to be. Not a good idea to introduce a big engine in a small car in Pakistan. That's not what the majority wants.

- WagonR not doing too good either. Paksuzuki, if you wanted to replace Alto you should have done it with a similar priced car. Not a small expensive one.

- Next month will be interesting (not really). We'll see how this Chinese car (FAW) does, which will predictably be quite bad the way Al-Haj FAW has handled things.

PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month - dd2r6o

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Exubery

Thank you. I really enjoy these updates and hope you continue to do so.

Could the Civic's rapid decline be associated with the fact that the car was introduced in 2013, so there was a natural surge due to excitement and buyers waiting?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post
    We'll see how this Chinese car (FAW) does, which will predictably be quite bad the way Al-Haj FAW has handled things.
    Please shed some light on above quote. I am not really up to date with the current updates regarding FAW V2.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

November 2014 updates
    PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month - 1zyy97r

Some points
    - While year end usually sees slow sales (people want 2015 model and registrations), Civic's been showing an above average downward trend.

- Look at WagonR production! They are selling cars that were produced in July/Aug and only manufactured 17 vehicles in the whole of November. Not very good for the assembly line to make only 17 cars in 30 days. I suppose they called the workers for one day and only one shift to make these cars. As opposed to that, IMC are making 140+ cars per day.

- Corolla sold out 3 times more than City and Civic combined.

- Rest of the cars are showing the usual year-end decrease and nothing unusual.

Can a mod please rename th
    is thread to "PAMA Car Statistics - Winners and Losers of the Month" as its not specific to July only?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

eye opener.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very informative

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice thread
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla is selling almost 1.5 times more than Mehran, also if you total the sales of Civic, City, Liana, Swift, Cultus, Wagon R and Santro, their total sales is less than Corolla alone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Keep posting , Very informative !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very informative, keep updating!

Any reason why there no figures for Al Haj? (X-PV, V2)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone for appreciating!

Quote Originally Posted by tahmed99 View Post
    Very informative, keep updating!

Any reason why there no figures for Al Haj? (X-PV, V2)
    Its only for members of PAMA and I Al Haj are not. Check the members list here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its such a sad state to see full blown assembly lines making a scant amount of cars each month. the figures are downright comical here, almost close to cottage industry figures.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    its such a sad state to see full blown assembly lines making a scant amount of cars each month. the figures are downright comical here, almost close to cottage industry figures.
    Well, there are several ways to interpret this data. First of all we can applaud the jobs being created by Toyota (total car sales have gone up by ~20% which is very healthy); and hope that if someone does lose their job at another plant can be easily hired at IMC.

My fear is the homogeneity in the market. I personally don't think the new Corolla is a great car; I don't think they offered enough and cut a LOT of corners. Yet the market seems to have fallen in love with it (which is fine). But to such a degree that I fear other manufacturers may pull out, new ones may fear entry, or the existing companies may cut costs in order to compete with decreasing sales. They see the tremendous success Toyota is finding despite their "laziness," and will cease their efforts to innovate and keep on reintroducing the same junk. But not only with other manufacturers, but with Toyota itself: as it stands right now there is no incentive to improve this sub-par vehicle (no new engine, inferior materials, poor safety, etc etc etc), becuase are seemingly blindly buying it in droves.

I hope that other manufacturers react positively to this data. Swift sales have declined by 25% (which is huge as well); so I hope Suzuki does away with this old design that was obsolete in 2010 and introduce the new updated model.

I hope that this is a major wake up call for Honda. That despite the new redesign of the City; they really haven't seen an upturn in sales compared with previous years. I hope that this forces Honda to introduce the redesign for the Civic that was done in 2013 (though in all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of this car and hope the next Civic is better...in fairness that is out of their hands though). But more importantly, as a consumer looking for a non-primary vehicle: I hope Honda decides to compete in the lower end of the market by introducing a small, well-built hatchback to compete with the import market, the Swift, and Faw's V2.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Atlas Honda in my opinion are Stupid..they are living in a fools paradise by saying"oh yeah we dominate the 1.8 category y should we offer stripped down variants".whereas in reality they are suffering..
    If honda launches out a civic with 1.3 ,1.6 and 1.8 engine and stripped off interior only then they are going to hold up with Toyota..
    Toyota plays real good here..cunning company
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post
    Thanks everyone for appreciating!

Its only for members of PAMA and I Al Haj are not. Check the members list here
    Hi Exubery, thanks for reply - I was actually wondering why Al Haj are not members of PAMA? Has PAMA excluded Al Haj or whether it is Al Haj choice?

Would be useful to have Al Haj stats for comparison / transparency

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List