Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Latest Rent a car prices/rates

Salaam Everyone!

I'll be coming to karachi soon so i need a bit of help in renting a vehicle.

I need it for like 7 days and most preferably a honda civic.. Does anyone know the rates and where to get a decent car from? A suggestion would be great! Self drive of course

Give me some sunshine! Give me some rain... give me another chance i wanna grow up once again.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone?
    Give me some sunshine! Give me some rain... give me another chance i wanna grow up once again.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know this isn't an exact answer, but my recommendation would be to look at the ads in Dawn (there are usually 8 or so rental firms advertising on Sundays) call around and find the best deal.

Usually they'll try to rent out the car with a driver...opt out of that because 1.) its more expensive, and 2.) I believe with driver rentals, are only for 12-14 hours.

Also specifically ask for an older model; over the phone they'll just tell you the prices for the '13, '14, '15 cars, which can be as much as 30% higher than older cars. e.g. if you wanted to rent a corolla, I would recommend renting the previous iteration, as it'll be substantially cheaper than the current generation. Actually I would offer the same advice for a Civic, go for the older generation and you will save a substantial bit of money.

With regards to price, I don't have any specifics, but don't expect more than RS 3,000 per day (hopefully it'll be much cheaper, closer to 2,000 but its preferable to be underbudget rather than overbudget). You may be able to get a cheaper offer if you commit for the entire week.

If you really want, I can call around this weekend.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkarachi View Post
    I know this isn't an exact answer, but my recommendation would be to look at the ads in Dawn (there are usually 8 or so rental firms advertising on Sundays) call around and find the best deal.

Usually they'll try to rent out the car with a driver...opt out of that because 1.) its more expensive, and 2.) I believe with driver rentals, are only for 12-14 hours.

Also specifically ask for an older model; over the phone they'll just tell you the prices for the '13, '14, '15 cars, which can be as much as 30% higher than older cars. e.g. if you wanted to rent a corolla, I would recommend renting the previous iteration, as it'll be substantially cheaper than the current generation. Actually I would offer the same advice for a Civic, go for the older generation and you will save a substantial bit of money.

With regards to price, I don't have any specifics, but don't expect more than RS 3,000 per day (hopefully it'll be much cheaper, closer to 2,000 but its preferable to be underbudget rather than overbudget). You may be able to get a cheaper offer if you commit for the entire week.

If you really want, I can call around this weekend.
    Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

I have been checking around on OLX and facebook etc and making a few calls from there but unfortunately i have been getting the ones with driver only, with driver i will be very limited and i have no idea the type of person they will provide me with. (I'm a petrolhead and i prefer to drive myself regardless of the car/situation)

Any help is more than appreciated!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibracer View Post
    Anyone?
    So just as a follow up, I called around this weekend...its a little difficult because I don't know your exact details regarding dates and preferences (manual, sunroof, etc).

A few things...one civics are a little more difficult to come by...corollas and suzukis are very popular. Second prices vary drastically. The ighest quote I had was for 8000...

There are two places I got good deals on. Albila Renta a car (0300-925-8291) and Asaad Car Rental (0300-829-2148), both of whom were asking 2000 per day for a week. The cars were 08 and 09 repectively.

Hope that helps. this is just tog vie you an idea...things may change depending on your actual dates, times etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkarachi View Post
    So just as a follow up, I called around this weekend...its a little difficult because I don't know your exact details regarding dates and preferences (manual, sunroof, etc).

A few things...one civics are a little more difficult to come by...corollas and suzukis are very popular. Second prices vary drastically. The ighest quote I had was for 8000...

There are two places I got good deals on. Albila Renta a car (0300-925-8291) and Asaad Car Rental (0300-829-2148), both of whom were asking 2000 per day for a week. The cars were 08 and 09 repectively.

Hope that helps. this is just tog vie you an idea...things may change depending on your actual dates, times etc.

Props to you man! Called the second guy and would be meeting up with him today! Thank you very very much for your help!

Community definitely can use more people like you..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List