Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default nother Yokohama Outlet in Rawalpindi/Islamabad

Hello Pakwheelers,

Just sharing for the info of all. No advertisement or related interest is intended through this thread.

I needed Yokohama Advan db tyres in 195/65 R15 91H for my Honda Civic. I am a true and committed lover of these tyres and they have never let me down in any of my cars. They ware not once that hard to find. Asad Iqbal Tyres in Saddar Rawalpindi usually had a good stock of them. But this time I searched all Rawalpindi Saddar market and couldnt find not only Advan db but any other yokohama tyre in 2014/2015 manufacturing dates. Most of them were even smuggled through the gray channel stuffing three tyres in one.

My search continued and I finally found a very decent Yokohama outlet at PWD Road before Madina Cash and Carry if you're coming from Bahria Town and facing towards Islamabad Express Way. They have Yokohama tyres of every variety and in almost every size you can ask for. As per Yokohama Company policy, you can come back and return the tyres if you face an issue and get a new pair. Official company warranty seals and stamps on the packing. Haven't seen those in saddar.

The owners are 2 brothers, one being a mechanical engineer from Germany. Highly impressed by their way of doing business, caliber and their attitude with the customers. They've got good staff and latest equipment and a big clean shop which you might not expect on a tyre shop.

Thumbs Up for them and highly recommended to Yokohama fans in search of Genuine Yokohama tyre variety under one roof in the twin cities.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed

Update (03-06-2015):
    After a lot of discussion on this thread, @dms664 took the initiative to dig out the facts and not only found the official Distributor of Yokohama Tyres in Pakistan but also confirmed from them that Alino Tyres (the one mentioned above) are the the official retailer/reseller of Yokohama Tyres for Rawalpindi/Islamabad Region. Anyone wants to confirm can call up or email on the following details:

Tel: +922-1-34526958
    Fax: +922-1-34396736

Yokohama Tires Pakistan
    8 - B , Block -VI, P.E.C.H.S.,Opp. Nursery Off.
    Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi - Pakistan

info@yokohama.com.pk

Efforts of @dms664 are appreciated and acknowledged.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks 4 sharing. I may get those once I get my car delivered, can u tell me the price of the tyres you got 195/65 R15 & for how much they took eurostars...... Furthermore it would be great favor if you can share their shop's location on map.
    Do they also have other variety like ecos?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Beware. They are not authorised. I drive past them daily when going back home. Have stopped by numerous times for chit chat and knowledge gathering.
    They do have good stock but if you mean they are authorised dealers to operate for Pakistan, Islamabad or even PWD, that is not the case.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rs. 9660/tyre. Eurostar adjusted for Rs. 16000 for 4 tyres. They have almost all varieties of yokohama. I can't be sure but I think I saw eco there.
    Oh, and you're welcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Beware. They are not authorised. I drive past them daily when going back home. Have stopped by numerous times for chit chat and knowledge gathering.
    They do have good stock but if you mean they are authorised dealers to operate for Pakistan, Islamabad or even PWD, that is not the case.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    I and many other members would be obliged if you can share your knowledge and let us know how to check the authenticity of a authorized reseller in a country like Pakistan. Moreover, I didn't find genuine seals on tyre packing any where in saddar before. No one in saddar at least have these tyres in even 2013 manufacturing dates at the time of this posting.
    Apart from all this, get the rates of stock eurostar from rawalpindi and please share. I went last week and did a survey. No one was offering me more than 10,500 for eurostar.

And furthermore, I would like to share that I got the tyres and am enjoying my drive. I understand everyone has the right to comment but test it first.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The minimum price for euro stars is 18000 to 20000.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    The minimum price for euro stars is 18000 to 20000.
    I wish it was so. But with due respect no one is giving me this price for the last 1 week, not atleast in Saddar Rawalpindi.
    Just to clear some confusion, i am talking about the 195/65 R15 eurostars.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Would also like to share the prices quoted by some big authentic shops in Saddar (atleast 8 of them) for Yokohama Advan db 195/65 R15 with 35th Week of 2012 manufacturing and smuggled tyres (most probably - without covers-most of them) was Rs. 8450 to 8750 / tyre with Eurostar adjustment @ Rs. 9500 to 10500 for 4 tyres.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tausifs

Bro you have some misconception about tires. Tires that reached in any country is genuine and authentic if their DOM and other information is properly written by company regardless of channel either smuggled or imported and packing stuff. Through both channels, genuine tires will come in respective country- you have to check on DOM and other information.

FYI the shop you tell us here neither is company operated nor official dealer of Yokohama-even in ISB/RWP there is no official dealer /partner available. So hence no official warranty provided.

What they did they only printed their own warranty cards that's look like official ones and giving fake warranty card with ripping price and say " this is genuine tire- we import it although every shop has smuggled tires. The proper imported tires having price of 15k or more of single tires.

If you ask them to see you custom fees certificates and other charges papers, they will never have these because each tire shop has smuggles tires.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got 18000/- for my euro 195-65-15 from Asad tires.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    Got 18000/- for my euro 195-65-15 from Asad tires.
    Good for you. But I have then lost all trust on Asad Tyres cause I'm his old customer and even he quoted me 10,000 for 4 tyres. It means he's a fraudia. I'll go next time and will definitely give him a piece of me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @tausifs

Bro you have some misconception about tires. Tires that reached in any country is genuine and authentic if their DOM and other information is properly written by company regardless of channel either smuggled or imported and packing stuff. Through both channels, genuine tires will come in respective country- you have to check on DOM and other information.

FYI the shop you tell us here neither is company operated nor official dealer of Yokohama-even in ISB/RWP there is no official dealer /partner available. So hence no official warranty provided.

What they did they only printed their own warranty cards that's look like official ones and giving fake warranty card with ripping price and say " this is genuine tire- we import it although every shop has smuggled tires. The proper imported tires having price of 15k or more of single tires.

If you ask them to see you custom fees certificates and other charges papers, they will never have these because each tire shop has smuggles tires.
    Thanks for enlighlightening me with facts. Please share what a person can do in such circumstances? and as far as custom fees and invoices are concerned, I think no one will show you that, you are partially right because neither would I share my tax return with anyone. I did search the official website of yokohama after your post but couldn't find anything, not only for Pakistan but also for many other countries, so your point of view stands valid. Thanks for sharing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Thanks for enlighlightening me with facts. Please share what a person can do in such circumstances? and as far as custom fees and invoices are concerned, I think no one will show you that, you are partially right because neither would I share my tax return with anyone. I did search the official website of yokohama after your post but couldn't find anything, not only for Pakistan but also for many other countries, so your point of view stands valid. Thanks for sharing.
    I think you should edit your main post after seeing the truth and facts. Can you share us here the warranty cards they provided you from them? So that we can judge as well.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

simply call em up.the numbers are given on their website..this is how i got to knw the official dealer of yokohama in lahore..but there s a little story i have to share on this topic..
    according to the guy on the phone the official dealer was J.Rashid at neela gumbad lahore.i went there bought my stuff but when it was time for warranty he simply said no sir these tires do not have any warranty..i was like wth!!arnt you guys the official dealers??he said yes we are but there is no warranty..to which my reply was "thankyou so much im not buying these,then,im better off with the smuggled ones" even those selling smuggled tires give Dukaan wali warranty of atleast 50000 kms..
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    simply call em up.the numbers are given on their website..this is how i got to knw the official dealer of yokohama in lahore..but there s a little story i have to share on this topic..
    according to the guy on the phone the official dealer was J.Rashid at neela gumbad lahore.i went there bought my stuff but when it was time for warranty he simply said no sir these tires do not have any warranty..i was like wth!!arnt you guys the official dealers??he said yes we are but there is no warranty..to which my reply was "thankyou so much im not buying these,then,im better off with the smuggled ones" even those selling smuggled tires give Dukaan wali warranty of atleast 50000 kms..
    Thanks for sharing with everyone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    I think you should edit your main post after seeing the truth and facts. Can you share us here the warranty cards they provided you from them? So that we can judge as well.
    Changed the main post bro. Thanks for reminding though.
    I didn't say anything about warranty CARDS. I said there were warranty stamps and seals on the tyre packing which I've never seen in saddar tyre market. I'm no expert on this but somethings look legitimate and so I mentioned them. Thanks again for having a fruitful discussion and sparing some time. Do let me know if you want me to edit anything else on the main post as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Would also like to share the prices quoted by some big authentic shops in Saddar (atleast 8 of them) for Yokohama Advan db 195/65 R15 with 35th Week of 2012 manufacturing and smuggled tyres (most probably - without covers-most of them) was Rs. 8450 to 8750 / tyre with Eurostar adjustment @ Rs. 9500 to 10500 for 4 tyres.
    Sold my Corolla's eurostar tires for Rs. 18,000/- (4 tires)
    Bought Continental CC5, 195/65/R15 for Rs.8500/- per tire.
    Manufacturing date: 42nd week 2014
    Noiseless tire with excellent road grip.
    Khan Tyres, Melody Islamabad.
    Found Company Operated Yokohama Outlet in RawalpindiIslamabad -1581839
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Pakwheelers,

Just sharing for the info of all. No advertisement or related interest is intended through this thread.

I needed Yokohama Advan db tyres in 195/65 R15 91H for my Honda Civic. I am a true and committed lover of these tyres and they have never let me down in any of my cars. They ware not once that hard to find. Asad Iqbal Tyres in Saddar Rawalpindi usually had a good stock of them. But this time I searched all Rawalpindi Saddar market and couldnt find not only Advan db but any other yokohama tyre in 2014/2015 manufacturing dates. Most of them were even smuggled through the gray channel stuffing three tyres in one.

My search continued and I finally found a very decent Yokohama outlet at PWD Road before Madina Cash and Carry if you're coming from Bahria Town and facing towards Islamabad Express Way. They have Yokohama tyres of every variety and in almost every size you can ask for. As per shop's policy, you can come back and return the tyres if you face an issue and get a new pair. Official company warranty seals and stamps on the packing. Haven't seen those in saddar.

The owners are 2 brothers, one being a mechanical engineer from Germany. Highly impressed by their way of doing business, caliber and their attitude with the customers. They've got good staff and latest equipment and a big clean shop which you might not expect on a tyre shop.

Thumbs Up for them and highly recommended to Yokohama fans in search of yoko tyre variety under one roof in the twin cities.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed
    Sir r u talking about alino tires?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Sir r u talking about alino tires?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Alino tyres. I forgot the name. Thanks for reminding.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Sold my Corolla's eurostar tires for Rs. 18,000/- (4 tires)
    Bought Continental CC5, 195/65/R15 for Rs.8500/- per tire.
    Manufacturing date: 42nd week 2014
    Noiseless tire with excellent road grip.
    Khan Tyres, Melody Islamabad.
    Found Company Operated Yokohama Outlet in RawalpindiIslamabad -1581839
    Nice tyres.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List