Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestion required for purchasing a car

Assalam-O-Alaikum brothers

I have recently sold my 1991 Lancer and extended my budget to 370k. Which sedan should i buy. I don't need hatch back, I need a car with trunk as my family is big and we need trunk to put some luggage.

Please suggest me some good vehicles in this range, below are my priorities.

Comfort
    Good for Long driving
    Maintenance Average (not too much)
    Economy Average (No issue but must not be gas drinker)
    Resale (Don't care)
    Must not broke down every day.

Cars which i have selected are

Civic 95
    Margally 97
    Sunny 94-97
    Lancer92-94
    Baleno 99-00

any other suggestion are welcome.

Also please guide me that if i go for a very well maintained civic, will it serve me well and on high way khi-lhr-khi or after that i have to replace its engine ? and also please tell me how much cost diff between Margalla and 95 civic spares. Some one said me Civic is costly to maintain. Also if any one selling their sedan in this range in Karachi with Karachi number plate Please reply me.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM brothers

Yesterday i have purchased a honda civic 1995 model black color with following specs.

Water dropping Engine
    Chilled AC
    CNG
    BODY Normal ( only bumpers need some re painting from 1-2 spots.
    Interior Awsome (only a minor cut near wind screen)
    Alloy rims.
    Original number plates, complete docs, with open letter and cplc cleared.

I want to do some modification so please guide me how much it will cost me.

1. My Dash board is decent but i want in awsome condition how much cost will be in replacing.
    2. Car suspensions are ok but bushes are bad, how much cost for all 4 side bushed including labor and any preferred mechanic in Nazimabad.
    3. Steering is little out i have to do wheel alignment, any specific mechanic and how much it will cost.
    4. some minor door work and auto mirror and side mirror, wind screen water motor, any mechanic and how much iy will cost.
    5. Back lights and the light inside rear mirror how much it will cost and location.
    6. RPM Meter not working properly and speedo meter is dead, when i press the pedal hard RPM suddenly goes to red line but if i press the pedal gently it stay at 1. how much cost and any mechanic for this work.

I will post my vehicle pictures soon and I'm really enjoying the ride and comfort.

Note : This is my first civic and powered car so i dnt know much about it. Recently i have kept Lancer in Karachi but not for long only 3-4 months and never visited any mechanic.

I also want to know that can we go to Lahore-Islamabad on this civic, as my driving plans are not to go over 110kmh (Sindh 80-90, Punjab 100,110)

Thanks in advance.
    congrats for the purchase.

i can give contact of my suspension wala for yr needs. he is trusted and reliable and doesnt rip one off. esp if you will go with my reference. i have seen countless civics which he has worked on with full satisfaction of owner. his shop is at mukka chowk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    No issue if maintained through for peace of mind buy a margalla
    why a margalla for peace of mind??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    why a margalla for peace of mind??
    He said that he have doubt on relibity of baleno and having doubt after buying the car is worse thing in the world

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have no doubt on reliability of baleno but I'm just scared of its problems and khuwari. Yesterday almost we have done dealing with a 1999 baleno but 15,000 diff and i left that car, after that i sit on a civic seat and when i drive it i maked my mind for civic and purchased it. Baleno is no doubt a very good machine but in comfort and joy and grip honda is best. My civic flying on cng all i have to do just press the pedal and it fly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM brothers

Yesterday i have purchased a honda civic 1995 model black color with following specs.

Water dropping Engine
    Chilled AC
    CNG
    BODY Normal ( only bumpers need some re painting from 1-2 spots.
    Interior Awsome (only a minor cut near wind screen)
    Alloy rims.
    Original number plates, complete docs, with open letter and cplc cleared.

I want to do some modification so please guide me how much it will cost me.

1. My Dash board is decent but i want in awsome condition how much cost will be in replacing.
    2. Car suspensions are ok but bushes are bad, how much cost for all 4 side bushed including labor and any preferred mechanic in Nazimabad.
    3. Steering is little out i have to do wheel alignment, any specific mechanic and how much it will cost.
    4. some minor door work and auto mirror and side mirror, wind screen water motor, any mechanic and how much iy will cost.
    5. Back lights and the light inside rear mirror how much it will cost and location.
    6. RPM Meter not working properly and speedo meter is dead, when i press the pedal hard RPM suddenly goes to red line but if i press the pedal gently it stay at 1. how much cost and any mechanic for this work.

I will post my vehicle pictures soon and I'm really enjoying the ride and comfort.

Note : This is my first civic and powered car so i dnt know much about it. Recently i have kept Lancer in Karachi but not for long only 3-4 months and never visited any mechanic.

I also want to know that can we go to Lahore-Islamabad on this civic, as my driving plans are not to go over 110kmh (Sindh 80-90, Punjab 100,110)

Thanks in advance.
    Your budget was 370K and you bought Civic for 340K
    But for the proper maintainess you have to spend at-least 50K more on it. Its normal because it happens when we buy old/used cars.
    Now when you will drive it, then you will know it more. Try to hear all the noises/voices while you drive it or start it.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Your budget was 370K and you bought Civic for 340K
    But for the proper maintainess you have to spend at-least 50K more on it. Its normal because it happens when we buy old/used cars.
    Now when you will drive it, then you will know it more. Try to hear all the noises/voices while you drive it or start it.
    Yes i already have that in my mind engine wise car is perfect only have to do some little works like servicing, oil change, bushes and some minor work in door lock and power button, Speedo meter, car runs very quite on road and on deep bump sound came from back right side due to spacer is totally damaged. Yesterday i contentiously turned on the engine and ac arround 9:30 pm and till 020 am it was still on. Only switched off car on cng station when he was reffiling for 5 min. Car temp stay below to half, no issues in performance and pick. On body and other things i have already maked my mind to spend at least 50k, after that it will be a hot ride on road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i already have that in my mind engine wise car is perfect only have to do some little works like servicing, oil change, bushes and some minor work in door lock and power button, Speedo meter, car runs very quite on road and on deep bump sound came from back right side due to spacer is totally damaged. Yesterday i contentiously turned on the engine and ac arround 9:30 pm and till 020 am it was still on. Only switched off car on cng station when he was reffiling for 5 min. Car temp stay below to half, no issues in performance and pick. On body and other things i have already maked my mind to spend at least 50k, after that it will be a hot ride on road.
    Well thats good to know.
    but consider it as a tip.
    When we buy old/used cars, then main focus should be on its interior & exterior and suspension, documents, etc. Engine doens't count much. Because we can overhaul the engine and can make it like new. Or we spend little money on it and swap it. So engine condition doesn't matter much. But other things do.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today evening i serviced my car with oil and now its become more quite and smooth on road all kind of noises gone away... now only one noice there when rear right side wheel hit a bump hard then some sound came due to spacer if totally cut... rest i will take car to mechanic on saturday for wheel alignment, and for oil change and tuning, please suggest me which engine oil is best for this old car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam-O-Alaikum

Brother can some one show me civic 95 tikkli and its location, and what written on it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll suggest baleno as parts are easily available.
    Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List