Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Comparison Faw v2 vs Honda City (Read Description)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Comparison Faw v2 vs Honda City (Read Description)

!!!IMP!!! Just for the purpose of this discussion imagine that v2 was made by Honda and not some Chinese brand. So Ignore aspects such as Resale, Parts Availability and 3s Network. Just Compare the cars on their own merits and features and not their respective brand's. And if you have examined the cars then on build quality and which car is better mechanically(IN reality, don't just say that v2 is Chinese so must be shitty quality).!!!IMP!!!

I feel v2 has many great features such as Dual Air Bags, Side doors collision protection beams, Especially much better suspension than City. Need your Opinions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mun33b View Post
    Never driven a V2, but have got experience of city. Ride is bumpy otherwise its fine. Can some body give a comparision of turning radius??
    V2 specs says Tuning Diameter is 9.5m so Turning Radius will be ~4.7m. City Turning Radius is 5.3.

V2 has 4 wheels independent suspension. Don't how much how difference it makes but in my (short) test drive it felt really comfortable. Also in the Owner's review section people say it is comfy.

City and Swift Both have bumpy rides that is what I don't like about them. Recently went to Lahore in Swift via G.T road. It wasn't comfortable. But the power of Swift is awesome.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius.phoenix View Post
    I don't get why a sedan is so much different than a hatch other than some extra trunk space. It's just body shape and nothing else.

I get that people prefer the looks of a sedan but that doesn't disqualify a hatch from comparison completely.

I think a lot people buy cars here to show off. And the "wadi gadi" is better for that. Hence the popularity of Xli.
    I didn't mean that a sedan is completely different from a hatchback but rather a different category. Its not just the trunk space. People do prefer sedans because of multiple reasons; for instance i prefer sedans because i usually need the trunk space but i wouldn't compromise comfort, better features or safety just for more trunk space.

Everyone wants to stand out in whatever way they can, thats natural. But we should understand that we are limited in our choices of vehicles.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many people will argue on comparing sedan and hatchback, but that does not means the comparison will be completely illogical. We could compare certain qualitative aspects of the 2 ride. I have driven both City 2013 and Faw v2. Driven v2 very recently. So here are my 2 cents

1. Both cars are 1300 CC. City boost more Horse Power (70 vs 67 for V2). But v2 has better power to weight ratio because of lower weight (68kw/kg vs 66kw/kg). Advantage v2

2. Both are Euro-4 Compliant

3. Fuel Consumption City 7.9-10.4L / 100km , Fawv2 6.2L/100km (Advantage v2).

4. City and v2 both have ABS + EBD. EBD is always a sub system of ABS. City call its EBD as "Brake Assist".

5. City has no immobilizer, v2 has immobilizer (confirmed official site) (Advantage v2).

6. City has better exterior paint quality (Advantage City)

7. City has not the best but way better interior than v2 (Advantage City).

8. v2 has IMHO the best suspension system in PKDM cars. v2 has independent suspension system. City has front and rear suspension which does feel bumpy on our roads. (Advantage v2).

9. Stock speaker and CD player comes with both.

10. Drive is personal choice. I love hatchback and not a big fan of driving sedans especially with traffic these days. v2 is way better in drive than WR/cultus/swift. Its engine is, let me say, very tempting.

11. Looks: City's current model is here for the past 6 years so its shape has got boring, v2 looks fresh on the road and is definitely a head turner.

12. But for me, the most important aspect is the reliability of the cars and its parts. v2 is yet to be tested. City is tried and tested car. Let our members comment on this point after they drove their v2 around 100k km.

At the end i will say If you want to show off, need a boot, and have 0.5 mil more to spend, please go for it. If you have 1.0 mil or have a parking issue, you can go for v2. I strongly believe that v2 is here to stay. Because, dealing with Chinese companies, i have learnt that they are a very patient group of people. And they have a lot of money. They could flood our market with cheap disposable cars (just like they did with 70cc bikes) whenever they want. Only time will tell, but future belongs to China

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    @usmanpakistan

need your input here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good useful comparison done above by @usmanpakistan. I can see that much of the objection shown while comparing these two cars is that they do not fall in the same category, there are many perceptions about vague description used to define categories here, so let us take some reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_classification

As per this, a civic falls in compact car / small family car / C-segment medium cars category
    while V2 would fall in sub compact car / light car / super mini / B-segment small cars category. The categories even been defined to such small levels i.e. civic not even making it to the mid-sized cars category could not define a different one for the city, i.e. an offering for the low income markets like ours. You have to fix it somewhere and it would move more towards the lower category (thanks to having even lower features to the cars in the lower category) as its as wide as the hatches with only a small boot at its back.

So, the disgust shown at the comparison does not hold much weight, for the argument "this is all we have in this country", look around and see the things moving on our roads, if we do not have a formula one track here, we cannot deduce that reving mehrans on murree road should be called a F1 competition.

Comparing the city to the V2 holds much weight, with V2 winning in many areas.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are comparing Q mobile with Samsung.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I buy Faw V2 its relay amazing car, smooth drive. much more better the Cheep car Suzuki wagon R

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FAW V2 Relay Amazing, and comfort, i am using this car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother i am using this car its the best

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifjaved86 View Post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very Nice Topic. I liked the Concept. I think People here in Pakistan Like Wadi Gaddi more than Choti Gaddi, whatever they get inside the waddi gaddi no one bothers to judge. Infact People Love to Have a "Gadda" than a Good Featured Car. Car is More like a Status Symbol than a Necessity, but unfortunately its our culture and we cannot Deny it. Logon ko hum kehnay se nai rok saktay, but One should always listen to His Heart and should Remain Happy and Confident after making his own decision.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cheap china crap . squeaks, rattles , plastics are crockery foundry melt offs . engine is a medievel siege cast iron block . its cramped .

the worst part is the rattling, it shakes when you operate the remote lock . sales have already slipped targets

IMO, FAW is good for the average lahori ' joe ' who has never driven some thing good in his life .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Completely agreed with Genius P
    The Logic is instead of making clever *** remarks could you offer anything constructive. Nobody is comparing V2 with Altis Grande. If you could kindly Enlighten us with what the City offers over V2. Other than being a Sedan and Slightly better Interior.

And definitely not saying V2 is better than City. But I think both are comparable for value for money and features.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once again I am agreed with Genius Phoenix Its right, Trunk Space is just a Feature Hatch does not have otherwise both "Types" have same number of Wheels and both are called as Motor Car, to Compare Ker saktay hain kyn nahi ker saktay
    I don't get why a sedan is so much different than a hatch other than some extra trunk space. It's just body shape and nothing else.

I get that people prefer the looks of a sedan but that doesn't disqualify a hatch from comparison completely.

I think a lot people buy cars here to show off. And the "wadi gadi" is better for that. Hence the popularity of Xli.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List