0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car for Chacha

Assalam O Alaikum,

The Situation:
    My chacha is nearly 70. He drives an 84 starlet that has a very rough ride and no A/C. He is now looking for a super-reliable car with a comfortable ride and chilled A/C in around 550k range.

The Problem:
    His mechanic says to get a carburetted car because he says that they are more reliable and he can't work on EFI cars.

The Choices:
    My chacha thinks an 04-05 Baleno might be the best car for his needs. He also likes Santro but its EFI. He is confused. I recommended him 2002 city and 98-99-2000 Indus XE.

Opinions Required:
    Are EFI cars hard to maintain? are they unreliable? What would be the best option for my chacha? Remember, he is looking for a reliable, comfortable and AC wali sawari. shukriya

Pakistan Zindabad!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mun33b View Post
    FYI, Neither clean indus corolla xe nor city 2002 fall under 550k category.
    Left options are baleno 04~05, liana 04~05, vitz 2000.(All are an alien spaceship for an average mechanic).
    That true!

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm more confused than ever now! Santro, Baleno, Indus Diesel, Indus GL, Honda City, Civic EK, City 1st Gen, CD 20 Sunny, 660 cc Alto, 2000 Vitz. I don't think my chacha will drive diesel because he has never driven one and he is too old to take that risk, especially with a car like Sunny. Also, imported cars will be alien space ships for mechanics here. Plus parts availability will be a pain in the bottom. So that leaves us with Santro, Baleno, Indus GL. I'm excluding Civic EK and City 1st gen because old 90s Honda cars are probably going to cause my chacha many sleepless nights because finding a clean, unadulterated one will be next to impossible.

It comes down to:
    Santro, Baleno, Indus GL. Since my chacha is fond of Baleno, I think I should recommend him that. You guys have good things to say about Baleno so I think its not as bad a car as I used to think it was. Theek hai? Baleno dilwa du chacha ko?
    Pakistan Zindabad!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ i dont think anyone else here could draw a better conclusion my friend

Seems like you're heading towards the baleno.

Although i would suggest to keep a lookout for any if the above mentioned cars. You never know when a clean car pops up
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I'm more confused than ever now! Santro, Baleno, Indus Diesel, Indus GL, Honda City, Civic EK, City 1st Gen, CD 20 Sunny, 660 cc Alto, 2000 Vitz. I don't think my chacha will drive diesel because he has never driven one and he is too old to take that risk, especially with a car like Sunny. Also, imported cars will be alien space ships for mechanics here. Plus parts availability will be a pain in the bottom. So that leaves us with Santro, Baleno, Indus GL. I'm excluding Civic EK and City 1st gen because old 90s Honda cars are probably going to cause my chacha many sleepless nights because finding a clean, unadulterated one will be next to impossible.

It comes down to:
    Santro, Baleno, Indus GL. Since my chacha is fond of Baleno, I think I should recommend him that. You guys have good things to say about Baleno so I think its not as bad a car as I used to think it was. Theek hai? Baleno dilwa du chacha ko?
    I wouldn't praise a baleno, but I would advice from experience, that if you want a trouble free baleno, it has to be the gti, 1999-2003. The others have their flaws, mostly coil related.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    I wouldn't praise a baleno, but I would advice from experience, that if you want a trouble free baleno, it has to be the gti, 1999-2003. The others have their flaws, mostly coil related.
    No problem with coil of baleno coils of baleno is same denso 33400-65G00 used in mitsubishi lancer (even evo),galant etc if someone doesnt mess with them they work fine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    No problem with coil of baleno coils of baleno is same denso 33400-65G00 used in mitsubishi lancer (even evo),galant etc if someone doesnt mess with them they work fine
    Respected sir, you have been extremely lucky with suzuki sedans and have formulated an opinion based on that. I do not wish to argue but based on countless experiences, baleno 1.3 has numerous coil issues. Seen many with my own eyes.
    Waisey, itni achi luck hai ap ki, I wonder what went wrong when they were providing you with a margalla 😜 the one good sedan that suzuki produced is crap by your opinion.
    So kindly don't contradict based on a single good experience.
    Please and thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Respected sir, you have been extremely lucky with suzuki sedans and have formulated an opinion based on that. I do not wish to argue but based on countless experiences, baleno 1.3 has numerous coil issues. Seen many with my own eyes.
    Waisey, itni achi luck hai ap ki, I wonder what went wrong when they were providing you with a margalla �� the one good sedan that suzuki produced is crap by your opinion.
    So kindly don't contradict based on a single good experience.
    Please and thank you
    Na sir I am not lucky with Suzuki sedan my baleno had back Firring and rpm dropping issue too (please visit baleno master thread it mentioned there) while every mechanic making a wild guess of coil gone bad instead of believing on mechanic I got them inspected and they were perfect 14v output It all ended up replacing grip of map sensor which gone hard becoz previous owner use to spray diesel in engine bay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

JazakAllah khair for all your suggestions and comments and for taking the time out to solve my problem. Allah S.W.T. ap sab ko iska ajar de. I will start looking for clean Balenos for my chacha now
    Pakistan Zindabad!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List