Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By fazalwahab11375
  • 3 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By fazalwahab11375
  • 2 Post By VCheng

Thread: Why cars here costs so much???

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    k-four-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Why cars here costs so much???

    My lord, it almost gave me a heart attack:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/h...tec-prosmatec/
    A bloody frigging pathetic Accord for a darn CRORE???
    In U.S that thing costs LESS than 25,000 USD which is roughly equalant of 26 Lacks, give or take. They're dirt cheap in used market & you'd almost literally see them everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE there, Not much unlike how we see Chinese 70cc bikes around here on a regular basis...
    For a God Forsaken Crore Rupee, you can get a super luxury car like Mercedes S Class or BMW 7 Series there... Or a Corvette and will still have cash left to buy an Accord!
    I didn't know our taxes can increase an imported product's cost to upto over four times!
    Our leaders are oh so enthusiastic about Metro Trains/buses etc. Why can't they just lower the blood sucking taxes instead and invest in better road infrastructure so every middle class person can buy an Accord? Is it too much to ask?
    No wonder most auto car makers never bother to open a dealership here cause Taxes and import duties are INSANE here...


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,492
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Please keep the thread away from politics , Or it get closed.

    Thanks
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    k-four-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Please keep the thread away from politics , Or it get closed.

    Thanks
    You're a moderator here, I presume? Well Sir, I don't like to talk about politics myself. All I'm asking is why it's too hard for the government to lower the taxes to a more reasonable level? That's all I'm asking. And as a citizen it's our moral and legal right to question about such matters. It's not un-appropriate, sir. I can assure you that...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    You're a moderator here, I presume? Well Sir, I don't like to talk about politics myself. All I'm asking is why it's too hard for the government to lower the taxes to a more reasonable level? That's all I'm asking. And as a citizen it's our moral and legal right to question about such matters. It's not un-appropriate, sir. I can assure you that...
    in a normal world - excessive taxes on private vehicles are countered by a well established transport system that can be used by common people OR a very well developed manufacturing system for private vehicles.

    Now that you have realized that you are not in the normal world because you are in Pakistan - where the transport system is no more than paved cow trails and the remaining scrap metal of the railway that was left by the British Raj is being used - is still being propped up on a high dice and ergo used as "counter offer" by the people who paid a crore or so to get appointed to seats in governing/deciding positions.

    The issue is that just cheaping out cars will not work as the adult literacy rate, GDP, etc etc (insert college education sounding terms here) - are down the drain. A simple example is look at the mass bus transport system that was in Karachi, there were proper buses (no matter how shabbily built on aged platforms - but they were HD chassis) - they got replaced by elongated rickshaws which were being used as buses. - Such act already proves the point that there is no concept of proper transport or even concerns of safety for anyone. e.g. A kid high on smoke and stunt movie scenes in his brand new "accord/civic/corolla etc" can barrel down a road at 200 km/h and crash into these rickshaw killing all 8+1 people in it and nothing at all will happen - no questions or even a damn would be given.

    My point is that there was no "designed and developed" system implemented or followed - after 1947 - a bunch of people from India were airlifted and dropped in Karachi to run the "guvmint" on whatever could be salvaged from the old as the country was half filled with farmers and the remaining were immigrants in poor shape.

    Because of the love of "shortcut/jugaar/chalta hai" nature of every other person in Pakistan and oversimplifcation - (even in education) you have what you see today. Every other book/law is either copied from the Raj or is written for some vested interests of some big businessmen (e.g. Agriculture). You will be surprised to see the applications of duty according to customs - e.g. engine tachometer, seat arrest belts, side runners etc.

    The above make sense if you imagine it with British rule, you would not be subjected to these if you had British machines, Such high taxations were applied to "imports" e.g. if you were to buy a Mercedes Benz coachbuild - prepare to drain your bank (do you see many prewar german cars in Pakistan/India?) - the answer would be no as they were taxed on insane levels.

    What you have today is a carbon copy of that old system. Its a sort of catastrophe because the variables to affect have changed drastically.

    Now unless you are willing to reboot the system and write a new one or atleast get the basics correct like education, manufacturing, transport etc - this will never change.

    ergo - have a cup of chai and enjoy - Eid mubarak.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    You seem to come from the USA, you have seen first hand that transport is heavily reliant on personal vehicles and trucks because it would take a few centuries to connect all cities - its a damn continent itself. - If they taxed cars to oblivion you can imagine the kind of catastrophe that would take place. On the same note - just look at the mandates for "upkeep" of vehicles, in Pakistan ustaad babloo velding "tasallee baksh kaam" and sheeda painter "aala kaam walay" hack and weld a frame damaged car and it then sells for a premium price - you already know what happens to such cars there.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,492
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    You're a moderator here, I presume? Well Sir, I don't like to talk about politics myself. All I'm asking is why it's too hard for the government to lower the taxes to a more reasonable level? That's all I'm asking. And as a citizen it's our moral and legal right to question about such matters. It's not un-appropriate, sir. I can assure you that...
    I can assure you that there are dozen threads like this which converts to politics. The post was for all not specifically related to you. PW currents rules bar me to allow politics here.

    Thanks for understanding.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    My lord, it almost gave me a heart attack:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/h...tec-prosmatec/
    A bloody frigging pathetic Accord for a darn CRORE???
    In U.S that thing costs LESS than 25,000 USD which is roughly equalant of 26 Lacks, give or take. They're dirt cheap in used market & you'd almost literally see them everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE there, Not much unlike how we see Chinese 70cc bikes around here on a regular basis...
    For a God Forsaken Crore Rupee, you can get a super luxury car like Mercedes S Class or BMW 7 Series there... Or a Corvette and will still have cash left to buy an Accord!
    I didn't know our taxes can increase an imported product's cost to upto over four times!
    Our leaders are oh so enthusiastic about Metro Trains/buses etc. Why can't they just lower the blood sucking taxes instead and invest in better road infrastructure so every middle class person can buy an Accord? Is it too much to ask?
    No wonder most auto car makers never bother to open a dealership here cause Taxes and import duties are INSANE here...
    Short answer: Because "here" is not like "there". Now please calm down, friend.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    harib4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,436
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Get a round of bakra mandi you ll forget S Class or 7 Series here every thing is expensive

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harib4u View Post
    Get a round of bakra mandi you ll forget S Class or 7 Series here every thing is expensive
    haha - so true

    and the usual answer is "hamaree bhi to eid hai na"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,930
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    looking for a bakra guy says 65k fnf i was like han bahi enigne kon sa hai 70 ya 125?
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    k-four-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @Xulfiqar An impressive read, sir. You've touched all the matters brilliantly... Hats off to you!
    But that brings me to a question: 'So, as a Pakistani, we just have to suck-up whatever trash is being force-fed down into to our throats'? 'Is there any hope, whatsoever'? Don't you think people driving around in Honda Accords should atleast deserve to be in a Mercedes E-Class? Likewise, Those who drives Corollas an Accord? Or those who drive Cultus; a Corolla? Or those on a CD70 atleast a Japanese 600cc Car (Mehrans are just PATHETIC, if you've read my another thread here!)
    And we all know how difficult it is to 'pony-up' a Crore in a country where people even with Masters Degrees, MBA's and M.Com's barely earn 20,000 Rupees a month? They spend their entire lives on a darn CD70, rain or shine. They carry their whole families on it, Don't you think they deserve better?
    I just make me want to go aboard forever, leave behind my beloved land and family and die in peace there... And not just because of cars... We're paying taxes through our noses and we don't even deserve basic necessities of life such as clean water or electricty?

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    k-four-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    I can assure you that there are dozen threads like this which converts to politics. The post was for all not specifically related to you. PW currents rules bar me to allow politics here.

    Thanks for understanding.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I truly understand your concern. Just like 'All roads lead to Rome' according to an ancient paying. All debates leads to politics, I guess!
    Sir, You may shut down this thread anytime it pleases you. You're the BOSS here! And I'll definately understand if you do just that. No hard feelings, period!
    And before this thread gets closed, allow me TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY BAKRA EID...

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    @Xulfiqar An impressive read, sir. You've touched all the matters brilliantly... Hats off to you!
    But that brings me to a question: 'So, as a Pakistani, we just have to suck-up whatever trash is being force-fed down into to our throats'? 'Is there any hope, whatsoever'? Don't you think people driving around in Honda Accords should atleast deserve to be in a Mercedes E-Class? Likewise, Those who drives Corollas an Accord? Or those who drive Cultus; a Corolla? Or those on a CD70 atleast a Japanese 600cc Car (Mehrans are just PATHETIC, if you've read my another thread here!)
    And we all know how difficult it is to 'pony-up' a Crore in a country where people even with Masters Degrees, MBA's and M.Com's barely earn 20,000 Rupees a month? They spend their entire lives on a darn CD70, rain or shine. They carry their whole families on it, Don't you think they deserve better?
    I just make me want to go aboard forever, leave behind my beloved land and family and die in peace there... And not just because of cars... We're paying taxes through our noses and we don't even deserve basic necessities of life such as clean water or electricty?
    I wont comment on who deserves what because Im a believer in you can become anything if you put your efforts in it and due to the fact that if I do comment - then the thread will turn political.

    SO

    i'll remain neutral - but will make a statement which is to cure cancer you have to nip it early, if you dont the cancer kills you. - Remedy for the current situation is already in the history books which are sitting pretty in libraries.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    adeel86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    252
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    You're a moderator here, I presume? Well Sir, I don't like to talk about politics myself. All I'm asking is why it's too hard for the government to lower the taxes to a more reasonable level? That's all I'm asking. And as a citizen it's our moral and legal right to question about such matters. It's not un-appropriate, sir. I can assure you that...
    moderators on Pakwheels are just pussies sitting in us and uk, who have no ground contact with people living here and their issue, the only qualification for their moderation is first *** first serve.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    wolfkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    We dnt standup for our own rights here so we have to pay for the price thats what we deserve.. Eid Mubarak


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •