Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buying a car - Toyota Mark X or Crown?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Buying a car - Toyota Mark X or Crown?

Dear all,

I am now trying to choose between Toyota Crown or Mark X

- For the Crown, I am looking for an S180 series (2004-2008) Athlete 3.0L or 3.5L

- For the Mark X, I am looking for an X120 series (2004-2008) 3.0L 300G, preferably an S-pack

I have got the following questions:

- Does the non S-pack Mark X 300G handle well? How much better does the S-pack handle? At the end of the day, I don't want to drive something that handles like a boat

- Is the standard Crown (non-Athlete) a sloppy-handling car, given it is focused on luxry rather than sportiness?

- In terms of handling, how different are the Crown Athlete and Mark X 300G (both S-pack and non S-pack)

- In terms of the availability and prices of spare parts and serviceability in Islamabad, which vehicle will make my life easier?

- I haven't had much luck finding what I want, as most Crowns and Mark X's come with 2.5L engine rather than 3.0L/3.5L, S-pack and Athlete with 3.0L or 3.5L engines are even more elusive to find. Is it worth waiting around for the right one to come up? Or should I just settle with a 2.5L Athlete or 250G? How different does the basic 2.5L feel? Lethargic?

Some of you must have driver both cars, any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear you are diving very very deep in one go and putting your self in complexity where as the ground reality is that it is very very very hard to find a clean car now ..... Forget everything and just try to get hold of a low milage car in genuine condition and believe me bith the cars are too good .... I personally believe these cars have no match with any other car

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    " Gravity is not responsible for people falling in Love "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by groot-x View Post
    Dear all,

- For the Crown, I am looking for an S180 series (2004-2008) Athlete 3.0L or 3.5L

- For the Mark X, I am looking for an X120 series (2004-2008) 3.0L 300G, preferably an S-pack

- Does the non S-pack Mark X 300G handle well? How much better does the S-pack handle? At the end of the day, I don't want to drive something that handles like a boat

- Is the standard Crown (non-Athlete) a sloppy-handling car, given it is focused on luxry rather than sportiness?

- In terms of handling, how different are the Crown Athlete and Mark X 300G (both S-pack and non S-pack)

- In terms of the availability and prices of spare parts and serviceability in Islamabad, which vehicle will make my life easier?

- I haven't had much luck finding what I want, as most Crowns and Mark X's come with 2.5L engine rather than 3.0L/3.5L, S-pack and Athlete with 3.0L or 3.5L engines are even more elusive to find. Is it worth waiting around for the right one to come up? Or should I just settle with a 2.5L Athlete or 250G? How different does the basic 2.5L feel? Lethargic?

Some of you must have driver both cars, any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

bhai whats your requirement thats the most important thing plus for our roads and traffic 250 is more than enough in terms of markx

engine is same both in crown n mark x however crown is more luxury

so u need to be clear why u need to have an engine of 3000cc or 3500cc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all,

Many thanks in advance!
    The way i see it, you want something quick yet something big. A mark x handles better than a crown because it is designed for that, but if you are just looking for a quick car that handles well, then why not just buy a sports car, like a 350z or a skyline or a toyota 86?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    The way i see it, you want something quick yet something big. A mark x handles better than a crown because it is designed for that, but if you are just looking for a quick car that handles well, then why not just buy a sports car, like a 350z or a skyline or a toyota 86?
    hi, thanks for your suggestions, I would like a Skyline or 350Z as well, but they are too rare in Islamabad, so spare parts and panels will be an issue if the car gets smashed or something breaks. That is why I want to go with Mark X or Crown Athlete. Also, I need a 4 door sedan...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwanwar View Post
    bhai whats your requirement thats the most important thing plus for our roads and traffic 250 is more than enough in terms of markx

engine is same both in crown n mark x however crown is more luxury

so u need to be clear why u need to have an engine of 3000cc or 3500cc
    Because I want to try the legendary 2GR or the less legendary 3GR engines.... :-)

I also hate it when nothing happens when I put my foot down on the accelerator, I had a VW GTI as my last car...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi, thanks for your suggestions, I would like a Skyline or 350Z as well, but they are too rare in Islamabad, so spare parts and panels will be an issue if the car gets smashed or something breaks. That is why I want to go with Mark X or Crown Athlete. Also, I need a 4 door sedan...
    I think there are quite a few 350zs around, seen quite a few of them myself and never heard of any being parked for a requirement of spares. All I am pointing out is that there is a big difference between a performance car and a luxury saloon. More chances of ending up in a crash because the car wasn't meant to do what you were demanding from it. What's your budget btw

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think there are quite a few 350zs around, seen quite a few of them myself and never heard of any being parked for a requirement of spares. All I am pointing out is that there is a big difference between a performance car and a luxury saloon. More chances of ending up in a crash because the car wasn't meant to do what you were demanding from it. What's your budget btw
    Yeah, there are a few 350Z around, but they are not as common as Mark X or Crown, so will be harder to get rid off at the end, I only need the car for a bit over a year... budget is flexible, it is just hard finding the right car...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah, there are a few 350Z around, but they are not as common as Mark X or Crown, so will be harder to get rid off at the end, I only need the car for a bit over a year... budget is flexible, it is just hard finding the right car...
    Why not buy a 530i, has performance, has handling, has parts and can disposed off at the same rate as a markx or a crown

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why not buy a 530i, has performance, has handling, has parts and can disposed off at the same rate as a markx or a crown
    530i I can buy it in other places, but only in Pakistan I can buy Mark X or Crown....

I think I might just settle with a Mark X 250G... hopefully I won't regret it when I put my foot down on motorway

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mark x & crown new maintenance parts are hard to find. In case of any problems you have to dig deep into the pockets for oem parts. an O2 sensor (new) for mark x will cost you approx 15000 or above
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

530i I can buy it in other places, but only in Pakistan I can buy Mark X or Crown....

I think I might just settle with a Mark X 250G... hopefully I won't regret it when I put my foot down on motorway
    Depends, if you want acceleration, you won't be, top speed....
    Well 190 is the max it hits

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok, I am going to introduce another variable now.... just found a clean example of Accord CL7 Euro-R with 99,000Km on the clock.

I know it is not in the same class as the Mark X or Crown as the Euro-R is a more focused sports sedan. But is it difficult to maintain an Euro-R in Islamabad? Panel parts are pretty much the same as CL7 and CL9, and there are a lot of them on the road, but what about suspension and engine parts? Will it be a torture to drive the Euro-R outside of city centres due to ground clearance and its firm suspension?

Oh, and also the resaleability of the Euro-R is also a concern. I guess there are not too many people out there looking for an Accord with a K20a in it, most people seem to be content with the regular CL7 or CL9.

Any Euro-R owners?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro ur car priority it will be like that
    1 crown athleat
    2 mark x
    3 acord (no way man in front of these)
    if you talking about spare parts of acord ya it is cheep in front of mark x or crown and very easily available in market like sultan ka khu or mithu khan ka hata in rawalpindi
    and spare part of mark x is expansive in front of accord and easily available in market
    but spare parts of crown is way way expansive than mark x or accord and hard to find it but in sultan ka khu there is some shops who can offer parts of crown easily
    if you talking about drive ya accord is stif bt mark x is very luxury car and crown is way luxury thn these cars
    if you talking about acceleration ya accord (k20) is to good but dont under estimate the power of v6 (mark x,crown) but in weight (mark x,crown) is very heavier thn accord
    but if you need more acceleration joy nd fun to drive thn u should go for crown athleat in 3.5 v6 and forget every thing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u need a bmw M5 performance sedan car with made in japan tag
    with spares and resale
    interesting and amusing !
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    u need a bmw M5 performance sedan car with made in japan tag
    with spares and resale
    interesting and amusing !
    The Lexus IS-F is a perfect fit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys for your comments, now I have got my heart set on a Mark X 300G, if I can't find a suitable 300G, then it will be a 250G, if I can't find a good 250G, then I will go with Accord Euro-R...

Ideally I want an optioned up 300G with keyless ignition, adjustable suspension (that can toggle between Normal and Sports mode) and VSC... LED ceiling light would be nice too, but I heard it is overrated

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try to contact @Sharabhi once , try to share your digits he may be able to get you something more attractive from an auction in Japan with an authentic track & maintenance record. high end cars he do only by the choice of user click me
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir we can import 2012 and above model
    My Cell: 0320-2197670 email: rasheedsahab2012@gmail.com
    Join my group if u love JDM cars : www.facebook.com/JDM.imports.Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear I sold two total genuine mark x 250g few days back .... Unfortunately you were not following up with me otherwise will definitely recommend you
    " Gravity is not responsible for people falling in Love "

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List