0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default HID crackdown imminent.

Recently I got pulled over by Police (Artillery Maidan Thana) near Avari Towers, there is a mobile standing right next to Avaris entrance. They said the HID was illegal and that they would have to impound my car. I got myself out of it by negotiations and by saying that I'll remove HIDs. Has anyone else had the same experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    This is no other story. If their is such a ban the car should be stopped at the port.

The import policy of these jdms is a different story commercial import isn't allowed and a whole lot is living upon it earning millions out of it.

Secondly no law in Pakistan states ban of hid.

Cars like the Mercedes eclass come with standard xenon discharge headlamps how do you replace them with halogens?

Factory fitted ones comes xenon discharge or hid in low and halogen in high light.

If factory tinted windows are allowed for Japanese cars in Pakistan then their is no way to state ff hids are banned in Pakistan

Too add, I was stopped on the liyari express way 3 other cars aswell the Nissan petrol with after market kit was challaned. I was able to convince the police officer that my car had genuine hid headlamps. The color was different 4300k rather the conventional shookha 8000k color.

The point is I'm not against anything but their is no law in Pakistan that states or approves a specific type or color or angle of the headlight.

As far as distracting on coming cars is concerned the new police corolla led flashers are a bigger menace and specially those trucks and busses with zillion unaligned lights
    as I said - cars officially imported into Pakistan are a different story than cars bought from a used auction lot somewhere in the world.

e.g. - If I bring in a caddy escalade under baggage or even carnet du passage and then write to PSO that "your fuel sucks because my truck knocks on it" - they will tell me go suck a lollipop.

similarly if I get stopped over by cops and they ask me what the hell is wrong with the caddys privacy windows which are literally jet black - should I use the "genyan itumm" phrase? - similarly the caddys headlamps have HIDs in them and will be questioned for sure.

Please dont try to support the so called importers of scrapped/used cars - they are the original source of what will become a "dumping ground"

If you dont believe in light colour being part of a specification then take a look at the tint/dye of european cars turn signals and brake lamps - then compare to japanese and american, you will get the idea.

Yes I do agree the import regulations for vehicles in Pakistan are from the 1920s (gora sahab se kitaab maang lee thee 1947 mein) - and it should be burned to ashes, but there should be a classification of vehicles in Pakistan including build structure, visible alarms, safety gear etc etc etc.

Claiming - jenyan itumm hai gari ka - is not that. Its like claiming that if I can urinate in a toilet I have the right to urinate on public walls too because I am the owner of the "urine discharge apparatus and its jenyan itumm"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirza.ghalib View Post
    Has anyone else seen those (usually Corollas) whose fog light HIDs seem as if they are trying to find a needle in a haystack on the dark side of the moon? I remember there was a guy at my tail just after dusk who had *only* turned on his HID fog lights yet and despite having my rear view mirror at "night" position, i wanted to step out and crush his little HIDs there and then. Can only wonder what his full beams would have looked like.
    I have - and being the irritating troll that I am I would get mischevious, as in slow down to 20 km/h and dont let the car pass, I also had a handheld projector beam which was wired into the car, it actually had an HID system in it and a nice lens on it, that I would rotate to make a solid rod of light and then aim it straight at the windshields of such cars. - the moment was literally lol and even when approaching such car the driver was still blinded out from the sudden glare - and me asking them - maza aaya and then calmly driving off.

When I would see fires in cars because of HID ballasts melting or the wires melting down - I would make sure to rub it in that the owner was dropped on his head when he/she was a baby. The 9/10 times case of HID install is categorized as under

1 - impress the neighbors
    2 - impress the girls
    3 - impress the girls (because F&F was factual evidence of it)
    4 - impress the girls once more and tag at least 6 stickers on the front doors because NFS was awesome.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have - and being the irritating troll that I am I would get mischevious, as in slow down to 20 km/h and dont let the car pass, I also had a handheld projector beam which was wired into the car, it actually had an HID system in it and a nice lens on it, that I would rotate to make a solid rod of light and then aim it straight at the windshields of such cars. - the moment was literally lol and even when approaching such car the driver was still blinded out from the sudden glare - and me asking them - maza aaya and then calmly driving off.

When I would see fires in cars because of HID ballasts melting or the wires melting down - I would make sure to rub it in that the owner was dropped on his head when he/she was a baby. The 9/10 times case of HID install is categorized as under

2 - impress the girls
    4 - impress the girls once more and tag at least 6 stickers on the front doors because NFS was awesome.
    Lmao! :-D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 - impress the girls
    They try to compensate the lack of two spheres near their urination appratus with hids

Sent from my QMobile T250 using Tapatalk
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about high beemers ??
    Ye to law bhi khta ha k raat ko lights madam rkhen....
    Actually high beemers must be fined

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as I said - cars officially imported into Pakistan are a different story than cars bought from a used auction lot somewhere in the world.

e.g. - If I bring in a caddy escalade under baggage or even carnet du passage and then write to PSO that "your fuel sucks because my truck knocks on it" - they will tell me go suck a lollipop.

similarly if I get stopped over by cops and they ask me what the hell is wrong with the caddys privacy windows which are literally jet black - should I use the "genyan itumm" phrase? - similarly the caddys headlamps have HIDs in them and will be questioned for sure.

Please dont try to support the so called importers of scrapped/used cars - they are the original source of what will become a "dumping ground"

If you dont believe in light colour being part of a specification then take a look at the tint/dye of european cars turn signals and brake lamps - then compare to japanese and american, you will get the idea.

Yes I do agree the import regulations for vehicles in Pakistan are from the 1920s (gora sahab se kitaab maang lee thee 1947 mein) - and it should be burned to ashes, but there should be a classification of vehicles in Pakistan including build structure, visible alarms, safety gear etc etc etc.

Claiming - jenyan itumm hai gari ka - is not that. Its like claiming that if I can urinate in a toilet I have the right to urinate on public walls too because I am the owner of the "urine discharge apparatus and its jenyan itumm"
    Dewan import BMWs and shahnawaz import Mercedes and even Porsche Pakistan imported cars have Dark glass and HID xenon lights these vehicles are official imports So invalid argument.

RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Dewan import BMWs and shahnawaz import Mercedes and even Porsche Pakistan imported cars have Dark glass and HID xenon lights these vehicles are official imports So invalid argument.

which MB sold at retail by Shahnawaz Ltd is sold with privacy glass? - The old mitsubishi galants imported into Pakistan in the 80s and 90s had photo tinting brown glass - which was not privacy, you could easily see through them.

MB have green tinted glass - even the old W124 - unless it was a bare bones model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    What about high beemers ??
    Ye to law bhi khta ha k raat ko lights madam rkhen....
    Actually high beemers must be fined

If I were the one giving out fines n challans - this is what I would do

- get a prop up wall and line it up at the back of a van etc. - mark it on legal light scatter pattern for RHD.

any car not projecting correctly gets a fine - no matter if its HID, sodium vapor, chanda battery cell torch taped to car etc. - Not under legal category, cough up the money, and fines should be set to 3X the regular amount for non tax payers, regular for tax payers earning under Rs million/annum - and double the regular for anyone over million/annum.

good cha ching in the city bank

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Miyan sahab, 100% agreed with you. Specially the point that dewan/shah Nawaz cars don't have privacy glasses unless opted for in the option and are green tinted.

But about the hid factor, unless stated by law this is like tax avoidance is fine, but tax evasion is not.

You know ur going to get a signal you take a lane before to avoid the signal. It's fine with the law and you don't do wrong as well.

Coming back to the last Sunday incident,

This guy on tool plaza asked me for my licence,asked me to park on the side, finaly said vre giving you a ticket because you have hid.

After arguing and claiming these are factory fitted and height adjustable and making him realize that they don't blind the oncoming traffic. He called the guy " mazhar sahab" who had just fined my friends Nissan petrol.

I told him their isn't any law he says bilkul hai,
    I told him dekhain kider hai, he said ap challenge kerlein court mein, I was like ap mujhe law dekhado il challenge it.

At this point he said you came in the toll plaza with Hi beam on and your fog lights are the problem. I told him il turn the fog lights off. He returned my licence and let me go.

Their was a list of banned items which stated blue light is banned,that blue light is the light on the roof. These police guys are not briefed although motor way police is literate enough to talk decently. But still a proper code of conduct needs to be made if they are made il be the first one to throw hids out.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I personally think that it's the duty of our Givernment to clearly state the law, and then enforce it, not just on the end user (car owner's) but also where these accessories are fitted, for eg there is a strict ban on tint these days, I mean anyone and everyone can get pulled-over for them, good on the Government, but have they ever tried to visit Plaza and such places where you can still get your cars tinted, clearly No. Either ban a thing completely from its source, or don't ban it all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wlie8 View Post
    I personally think that it's the duty of our Givernment to clearly state the law, and then enforce it, not just on the end user (car owner's) but also where these accessories are fitted, for eg there is a strict ban on tint these days, I mean anyone and everyone can get pulled-over for them, good on the Government, but have they ever tried to visit Plaza and such places where you can still get your cars tinted, clearly No. Either ban a thing completely from its source, or don't ban it all.
    *Government

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 - impress the girls
    Can i have one of those handhelds please? That moment would be priceless. The HID wala getting a big dose of his own medicine where it hurts most (i.e the eye lol)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Miyan sahab, 100% agreed with you. Specially the point that dewan/shah Nawaz cars don't have privacy glasses unless opted for in the option and are green tinted.

But about the hid factor, unless stated by law this is like tax avoidance is fine, but tax evasion is not.

You know ur going to get a signal you take a lane before to avoid the signal. It's fine with the law and you don't do wrong as well.

Coming back to the last Sunday incident,

This guy on tool plaza asked me for my licence,asked me to park on the side, finaly said vre giving you a ticket because you have hid.

After arguing and claiming these are factory fitted and height adjustable and making him realize that they don't blind the oncoming traffic. He called the guy " mazhar sahab" who had just fined my friends Nissan petrol.

I told him their isn't any law he says bilkul hai,
    I told him dekhain kider hai, he said ap challenge kerlein court mein, I was like ap mujhe law dekhado il challenge it.

At this point he said you came in the toll plaza with Hi beam on and your fog lights are the problem. I told him il turn the fog lights off. He returned my licence and let me go.

Their was a list of banned items which stated blue light is banned,that blue light is the light on the roof. These police guys are not briefed although motor way police is literate enough to talk decently. But still a proper code of conduct needs to be made if they are made il be the first one to throw hids out.

This is not news to me, running real fog lamps wont cause any issues, running POS china Fog lamps with projectors or HID in them - Yes I'll volunteer to be there with all my tools and a jaws of death to smash such into bits and hand them back to the car owners in plastic bags. Fog lamps are to be used in Fog conditions only and they dont project any light, they scatter it on the road immediately infront of the car.

now - if the local popo stops you in a factory spec car that is represented and sold by a local agency or manufacturer (e.g toita indus motor) - and gives you a challan for it being illegal in its original state. You can drag in the manufacturer and get very very rich from the proceedings of the lawsuit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

let me examplify something for you.

your car battery takes sulphuric acid (gandhak ka taizaab) to function - if some jackass goes out to buy it and throw it on his ex girlfreind, ex wife - should the acid be banned? or should the idiot who threw it be arrested?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I were the one giving out fines n challans - this is what I would do

- get a prop up wall and line it up at the back of a van etc. - mark it on legal light scatter pattern for RHD.

any car not projecting correctly gets a fine - no matter if its HID, sodium vapor, chanda battery cell torch taped to car etc. - Not under legal category, cough up the money, and fines should be set to 3X the regular amount for non tax payers, regular for tax payers earning under Rs million/annum - and double the regular for anyone over million/annum.

good cha ching in the city bank
    Nomore chanda battery is manufactured

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

let me examplify something for you.

your car battery takes sulphuric acid (gandhak ka taizaab) to function - if some jackass goes out to buy it and throw it on his ex girlfreind, ex wife - should the acid be banned? or should the idiot who threw it be arrested?
    You're not getting the point, if something is illegal, why not outright ban it right from the beginning. Why let that certain product be readily and easily available in the market, and then when things start to look bad, take action.

Same was the case with Mobile SIMs, intially the Government gave not a single damn, if people were buying SIMs without any proper verification, but later on after facing colossal human and monetary losses, the Government woke up from their sleep, and even so, it took the Government a whole Year to close all the illegal SIMs (after making people painstakingly stand in long queues all day long, and to top it off, the cellular Network service provider charged Rs 20 per verification).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HIDs must be banned this is nothing else but Rangbazi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You're not getting the point, if something is illegal, why not outright ban it right from the beginning. Why let that certain product be readily and easily available in the market, and then when things start to look bad, take action.

Same was the case with Mobile SIMs, intially the Government gave not a single damn, if people were buying SIMs without any proper verification, but later on after facing colossal human and monetary losses, the Government woke up from their sleep, and even so, it took the Government a whole Year to close all the illegal SIMs (after making people painstakingly stand in long queues all day long, and to top it off, the cellular Network service provider charged Rs 20 per verification).
    so if anything can be used to hurt - everything should be classified as contraband

e.g. -
    knives are used in every kitchen - ban them as they are used for stabbings
    ban the sale of matches, they can be used to ignite stuff on fire
    ban the sale of petrol as it is flammable and can be used to burn down anything
    ban the sale of CNG as its cascade bank and holding bottles can become powerful projectiles when needed
    ban the sale/use of water as normal people can drown in it
    ban the provision of electricity because it can electrocute a person

get the idea?

unless its a proven item that has no benefit other than destruction of items - it wont get banned, just like the example of your car battery - if sulphuric acid is banned in public in Pakistan because some idiot/dumbass/moron buys it to throw on people - every single car in Pakistan would be grounded as the batteries would be confiscated due to ban as it contains 1.270 SG sulphuric acid mixture.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirza.ghalib View Post
    Can i have one of those handhelds please? That moment would be priceless. The HID wala getting a big dose of his own medicine where it hurts most (i.e the eye lol)
    It was awesome I tell you, the cars would swerve or stop and start yelling out typical karachi cuss words..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so if anything can be used to hurt - everything should be classified as contraband

e.g. -
    knives are used in every kitchen - ban them as they are used for stabbings
    ban the sale of matches, they can be used to ignite stuff on fire
    ban the sale of petrol as it is flammable and can be used to burn down anything
    ban the sale of CNG as its cascade bank and holding bottles can become powerful projectiles when needed
    ban the sale/use of water as normal people can drown in it
    ban the provision of electricity because it can electrocute a person

get the idea?

unless its a proven item that has no benefit other than destruction of items - it wont get banned, just like the example of your car battery - if sulphuric acid is banned in public in Pakistan because some idiot/dumbass/moron buys it to throw on people - every single car in Pakistan would be grounded as the batteries would be confiscated due to ban as it contains 1.270 SG sulphuric acid mixture.
    What I'm trying to say is that we should be given proper and strict instrustion, as in the case of HIDs, that they should be only used with Projector headlamps and anything over than 6000K would be immediately removed, plus no HIDs of more than 35 watt in fog lamps. What I mean is that the Government should give instructions for things like these.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List