Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Punjab police playing new tricks to take bribes from motorists.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Punjab police playing new tricks to take bribes from motorists.

I went to test my new Honda Vezel on motorway after registration with a friend. As you can't take U-Turn on motorway, you have to exit interchange and enter from other side after crossing bridge. As soon as I exited Sukheki interchange toll, Punjab police stopped me.

They asked me to park the car and come out, so I did. Then they start checking my documents and license. I had everything in order. Then they brought a fingerprint scanner device and asked for my thumbprint, after few tries they said that they can't verify my NIC and prints, there is no record. I asked them to do it again and show me the error. The error that the device showed was "Connecting GPRS"..... "Connection Failed". I told them that their device is not even connected to the government server how can you say there is no record of me. They kept insisting that there is no record and we have to go to police station to verify it properly.

It was 9 PM, there was no way I was going to some remote police station in an unknown place at night. After 1 hour of arguments, one of them started giving hints of bribe to my friend. I just wanted to get out of that miserable situation, so I gave them 500 Rs. and went on my way back to Lahore.

Moral of the story: Regardless of how complete your documents are, Punjab police will always find a way to get bribes from motorists.

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very well said.

They are illiterate and even if technology comes in their hands, they don't know how to operate it and it becomes a headache for innocent people.

Sometimes a lot of time wasted by them when you are really in a hurry for something urgent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    I went to test my new Honda Vezel on motorway after registration with a friend. As you can't take U-Turn on motorway, you have to exit interchange and enter from other side after crossing bridge. As soon as I exited Sukheki interchange toll, Punjab police stopped me.

They asked me to park the car and come out, so I did. Then they start checking my documents and license. I had everything in order. Then they brought a fingerprint scanner device and asked for my thumbprint, after few tries they said that they can't verify my NIC and prints, there is no record. I asked them to do it again and show me the error. The error that the device showed was "Connecting GPRS"..... "Connection Failed". I told them that their device is not even connected to the government server how can you say there is no record of me. They kept insisting that there is no record and we have to go to police station to verify it properly.

It was 9 PM, there was no way I was going to some remote police station in an unknown place at night. After 1 hour of arguments, one of them started giving hints of bribe to my friend. I just wanted to get out of that miserable situation, so I gave them 500 Rs. and went on my way back to Lahore.

Moral of the story: Regardless of how complete your documents are, Punjab police will always find a way to get bribes from motorists.
    Thats why we have to use dashcams and record these [MOD EDIT: Please be sensible is choosing your words. Thanks] and upload there videos to social media and specially on opposition political party pages so such videos can spread well and force govt to take actions against such in police force.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Giving a bribe will not solve the problem. STOP bribing no matter if you are at fault. By bribing you are equally at fault. Anyways as an individual I can understand your position. But public need to come forward and do their part as well.
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

unless someone actually steps up
    and reports in police station to there high ups
    this process will go on

p.s not all cops are bad
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

anc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After wasting an 1 hr in the end you gave them what they wanted.......You should have called motorway police and recorded your complain (all calls are recorded so they have to respond)...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Giving a bribe will not solve the problem. STOP bribing no matter if you are at fault. By bribing you are equally at fault. Anyways as an individual I can understand your position. But public need to come forward and do their part as well.
    I would have definitely taken a stand if I were in a major city. He was asking me to come along to the police station on one of the most deserted and unlit road at night. Frankly, I was more worried about getting robbed / killed by those policemen if I chose to go to police station as most of our policemen are criminals in disguise. At least at the place they stopped me there were motorway employees nearby. The device most probably wasn't real and just a ploy to trick motorists.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    After wasting an 1 hr in the end you gave them what they wanted.......You should have called motorway police and recorded your complain (all calls are recorded so they have to respond)...
    Technically I wasn't on motorway, I was about 100 meters off toll exit. But it would've been worth a try, didn't get the idea at that time.

anc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Technically I wasn't on motorway, I was about 100 meters off toll exit. But it would've been worth a try, didn't get the idea at that time.
    Anyways it's good you shared your experience with others.

MGK
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whenever you are in such a situation you should always make a video so that it should be easier to report and have a firm proof. Moreover, we need to understand the fact that they are civil servants, their salaries are paid from our taxes, so their first priority should be the safety and security of civilians and not causing illegal harassment and/or suppression.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP, you did the right thing. You are back home safe and sound, that is what counts.
    1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic Wagon
    2004 BMW 545i

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always keep a senior police officer's card handy and scare the shyte out of them. Don't speak too civilly with them because then they consider you an easy target. I have learned that the hard way.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you must have asked them k ok ill go with you guys. but first you put your finger on this scanner if the govt. has your record!
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Legal_rebel View Post
    you must have asked them k ok ill go with you guys. but first you put your finger on this scanner if the govt. has your record!
    This is epic. Indeed the most helping advice!

Thank you .

15. 19-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hash4u

All cops are bad unless proven otherwise.. their rule applies on them

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    unless someone actually steps up
    and reports in police station to there high ups
    this process will go on

p.s not all cops are bad
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better way is Write "Advocate" on number Plate then they stop very rare just for name. then you say Adv NAme.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vezel k 500, mehran k 100, bike k 50.
    Those who say "reports in police station" unka police station se kbi wasta nai para......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Those punjab policemen on any entrance naaka of Lahore or GT road are ba$tards (Sorry but too many bad experiences).

@Proverbial_Slang is right, never be too polite with them, or else, Quid-e-Azam will be your only friend.
    This is the thing BTW I adviced someone not to be polite with police on PW and some one tried to over simplify thing that its there job

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually pulice has to recoup what they paid during their enrollment for which they earn in any way. The society is clutched in the hands of politicians & their one of instrument pulice is no exception . Merely dash cams or reporta repati to media will multiply the enemies.Media is only reporting what they want & when they want .Extrication from illiterate mafia is the survival which you did ultimately. You can convince an educated person but can not argue with barbarians . Seldom you find any honorable solution to the miseries this society is confronted eventually grease the palm & make the way is the thumb rule being practiced here. By collecting concrete evidences against pulice will judicial system give them punitive punishments if answer is yes all are advised to put in their best to up stick the menace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would have definitely taken a stand if I were in a major city. He was asking me to come along to the police station on one of the most deserted and unlit road at night. Frankly, I was more worried about getting robbed / killed by those policemen if I chose to go to police station as most of our policemen are criminals in disguise. At least at the place they stopped me there were motorway employees nearby. The device most probably wasn't real and just a ploy to trick motorists.
    bro lodge a complain on CM complaint portal, i am sure you remember the exact time date and their faces when this incident happen to you. just write the whole story. they respond very efficiently. Even though you paid them but those 500 will get that filthy police guy in real deep ***

here is the web address
    :: CMS ::Online Complaint

Same thing happen with me at kala shah kaku interchange when i was entering motor way after pick a friend from airport, they said my car number plate is not computerized, but in reality it was 2006 reg cultus and it was registered before those Punjab no plates were launched. so after a long conversation one of the police guy said give them 500 rupees and they will let me go. it was 1 am midnight and i don't wanna get in more trouble so i paid them 500 and lodge a complaint against police officer with exact time and place. CM officer responded within 1 week and that police man who asked for bribe almost lost his job but eventually i ll have to forgive him because of some personal matters.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List