Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Punjab police playing new tricks to take bribes from motorists.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Punjab police playing new tricks to take bribes from motorists.

I went to test my new Honda Vezel on motorway after registration with a friend. As you can't take U-Turn on motorway, you have to exit interchange and enter from other side after crossing bridge. As soon as I exited Sukheki interchange toll, Punjab police stopped me.

They asked me to park the car and come out, so I did. Then they start checking my documents and license. I had everything in order. Then they brought a fingerprint scanner device and asked for my thumbprint, after few tries they said that they can't verify my NIC and prints, there is no record. I asked them to do it again and show me the error. The error that the device showed was "Connecting GPRS"..... "Connection Failed". I told them that their device is not even connected to the government server how can you say there is no record of me. They kept insisting that there is no record and we have to go to police station to verify it properly.

It was 9 PM, there was no way I was going to some remote police station in an unknown place at night. After 1 hour of arguments, one of them started giving hints of bribe to my friend. I just wanted to get out of that miserable situation, so I gave them 500 Rs. and went on my way back to Lahore.

Moral of the story: Regardless of how complete your documents are, Punjab police will always find a way to get bribes from motorists.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Our whole police system needs to be re-structured and should do the encounter to finish all the corroupt police ppl and higher new educated ppl.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is one very easy way to avoid such situations which i have found useful after i faced such an incident.

Always wear a coat and a tie when travelling. police wont even stop on check points. Infact islamabad police even let me enter diplomatic enclave without asking for ID. i was travelling in a rolla, lahore number.

one more thing which i have seen is that the black coat, black tie and white shirt that lawyers wear is very powerful. police stays away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We are goinf to a picnic...yay.....oh wait where is my black tie and black coat and white shirt. GROSS!
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is we donot raise oyr voices and these culprits are growing in number and sttength.

Few days back a constable misbehaved with us at Rawalpindi Railway station on a small issue.....i just avoided him and called the SSP Railways right at the spot. He responded promptly, respectfully and took action against the constable & SHO. I took SSP number from Inquiry.

anc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azyy View Post
    The problem is we donot raise oyr voices and these culprits are growing in number and sttength.

Few days back a constable misbehaved with us at Rawalpindi Railway station on a small issue.....i just avoided him and called the SSP Railways right at the spot. He responded promptly, respectfully and took action against the constable & SHO. I took SSP number from Inquiry.
    Which inquiry number did you call?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeret View Post
    There is one very easy way to avoid such situations which i have found useful after i faced such an incident.

Always wear a coat and a tie when travelling. police wont even stop on check points. Infact islamabad police even let me enter diplomatic enclave without asking for ID. i was travelling in a rolla, lahore number.

one more thing which i have seen is that the black coat, black tie and white shirt that lawyers wear is very powerful. police stays away.
    i have been through these people .. When i show them my lawyer card they literally shyt in their pants ..
    Once i was stopped like this near IJP road rawalpindi and the cop was like tahlay lay gadi to , i kept quite and told him to talk in manners he was furious.I showed him card he said sir ap jai ap to machiyu kay jhalay se taluq rakhtay hai haha
    The OP fault is that he was being very civilized to Thulla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    i have been through these people .. When i show them my lawyer card they literally shyt in their pants ..
    Once i was stopped like this near IJP road rawalpindi and the cop was like tahlay lay gadi to , i kept quite and told him to talk in manners he was furious.I showed him card he said sir ap jai ap to machiyu kay jhalay se taluq rakhtay hai haha
    The OP fault is that he was being very civilized to Thulla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Rawalpindi on a busy road you can do this, but at midnight in the middle of nowhere its another story,
    Lots stories of people being robbed at gun point by people in police uniform in wee hours

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should have accepted kay chalo thanay, meray pass sub docs hayn and in 99 % cases they let go people. I have tried it and it always works.

Always call Rescue 15 (if not motorway) calls are also recorded there. Tell them that you have documents but cops at naka are not letting you go.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    Which inquiry number did you call?
    117 railway inquiry.....they have all Nos

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Punjab police is so accommodating, they gave you the luxury of submitting fine at the spot despite your criminal negligence of being unable to prove your identity through their sophisticated finger print verification technology.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List