Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maverick37
  • 1 Post By m.zubairsajid

Thread: Converting Honda Civic 2003 Vti Oriel Prosmatic (Cat Eye) to Civic 2005 (Eagle Eye)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Converting Honda Civic 2003 Vti Oriel Prosmatic (Cat Eye) to Civic 2005 (Eagle Eye)

Dear Pakwheelers,
    I want to seek ur advise regarding converting my 2003 Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic (Cat Eye) to Civic 2005 (Eagle Eye). My car is mechanically & engine wise in really good condition. But it needs body paint as there r 3 or 4 pieces badly repainted. Im the 2nd owner and 1st one was my uncle. All the touching work was done by uncle or his driver. The car is about 146K driven. It has never ever been converted to CNG. May be that's why its engine is sound.

I'll get it pained from one of the best painter here in Isb which may cost 100K. Additional 30K is required to get it converted to Eagle Eye with genuine parts, which im willing to spend. Advantages of Eagle eye is that

1. The head light is bigger & has independent low and high beams. Fog lights are also bigger and can have HID installed in it.

2. In my opinion if a car is 10 or more years old and paint has lost its luster or there r touchings its better to get it painted rather than faded and badly shaped genuine / orignal. Whats ur take on that? Paint prolongs the life of metal. And ur opinion about custom colour. My car has Silver colour, what if i go for silver metallic in Vitz or imported car color?

My question is should i go for it?? At the time of selling will i be able to get good price? Anyone who has converted or seen or experienced such Civic?

Note: This question may be asked earlier but i never came across while searching.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think u should sell it people will give u good bcoz it is geniun,changing hood,fender and etc will definatly decrease ur car value and people will consider it accidented.
    better to get an good condition eagle eyes with 1lac addition

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Worth doing!!

I am planning the same.

Piece of advice: don't listen to ppl who suggest to sell it and get eagle eye as they don't understand the car condition and will assume that because it's old it needs to be gotten rid off.

I recently bought a civic exi 2002 from my neighbors to upgrade my wife's car (cultus). I had been eyeing this car for ages as the owners were always out of country.

So picture this, the car is only 49k driven and there is no words to truly describe how awesome it is compare to even 2005 well maintained eagle eye here in karachi as I went on searching for some.

Now for a moment I decided to sell it (put up ads on pakwheel and forum) and got a 9.2 lac offer yesterday but after discussion with father and uncle the pros of keeping such a car are much much more than selling it and looking for a similar eagle eye.

So I went to my denter/painter (does work on hit Japanese import cars for showrooms) and he suggested something which made sense. He suggested to go for all new stuff including hood, fenders, bumper, bumper shields, grill and get those clear projections lights or smoked if I want to spice it up for better visibility AND keep all old stuff as it is for future use when selling (either to install them back on or use it as a evidence to prove your point of view)

So as off yesterday I have decided to keep the car and get it converted because no one will understand the condition of my car than myself so why ask people who hasnt seen, driven, even looked at the car for such extreme makeover.

Hope this helps

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with u absolutely that no one understands unless the car is seen. My car has the owner's manual alongwith maintenance history with Honda till 120K milage. Now it is 146K driven. Till 2011 it was less than 100K driven. Im sure ur car must be in a very good condition as it is much less driven. U r lucky to get such a car.
    Considering a car which is about 12-13 yrs old one must get it painted if there r touch ups or dents. Paint prolongs the life of metal. Im also getting it painted with baking paint from a good painter. Its paint is not that bad but i detail my other car with Meguiars products and on this Civic im not enjoying doing it, it needs some paint work to restore its luster. I think if i get Japanese used body parts / Kabli parts and get them properly painted it might be better than the orignal ones bcoz matel sheet used on Japanese cars is better than ours.
    By the way It is giving me between 9km to 11.30km per liter within city. I bought the genuine fuel filter but haven't installed it yet. Do u think installing new fuel filter will improve fuel economy and pick?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's good to know your motivated.

As for the milage, I haven't checked it really but I guess it should be around the same 9-12.

Let's keep updating this thread espacially when either of us upgrade it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure ... I'll keep it updated. A friend who understands paint and engine work very well saw my car during day time and noticed that silver color of kabli/Japanese diggi looked better than the orignal one. He advised me to get the whole car painted in that tone if im serious to get it painted. The Japanese color is more closer to silver in Vitz or other imported cars. It is more grainy in sun light. But that paint might cost 100k to 110k. I'll get it pained by March or April, by then weather will not be cold, a little bit moderate.
    Have u thought of getting ur car converted to Oriel by installing sunroof from honda? i think used imported roof alongwith sunroof of Civic is available for 30K i think.
    I know money can buy u a latest model Civic but modifying is fun

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List