1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ~~ Why do we pay OWN??? ~~

I visited a wedding party at Shehnai Lawn near Askari/ Dalmia. Shehnai lawn is located on a little cliff which is right behind Honda Drive-in. I was surprised to see from there that Honda Drive-in was packed with latest City & Civics, not only the showroom, but the workshop's entire ground floor, first floor and the roof was packed with hondas. one thing more surprising was that a big portion of Shehnai lawn's parking was also packed with city and civics. there were 2 guards to look after the unregistered vehicles. i dont understand why do they gave longer delivery times when they dont even have space to park the cars. production seems adequate enough.

Then after few days i went to Awami Markaz which is right next to Toyota Central Motors. Same thing i saw there too, Corollas and cuores were packed not only inside but on the roof as well as the plot besides Toyota motors and you wont beleive there were cars parked all along the railway line that runs behind the showroom.

If there is so much capacity to produce the cars why arent they delivered??? i dont see cars being delivered so frequently as their quantity appears in the showroom.. the question is "if its an artificial shortage, being created by the manufacturers, and that there are enough vehicles available, WHY DO WE PAY OWN????

----------------PLEASE STOP PAYING OWN---------------
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bottom line is that the manufacturers are fooling people into thinking that there is a shortage of cars and only the true idiots end up payng own.

My question - kind of like what autophile said - if there was a shortage of cars how is it that hundreds of thousands of people are paying "own" and getting the car immediatley???
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

GAA
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm: Totally respect your opinion. Here we have to consider that in Pakistan, most of the cars are pre-sold, i.e. before they are manufactured. The companies instead of taking loans from the bank or getting capital investment from the investors gets it directly from people where the share of the division of the profit is then passed on backwards from the final consumer onwards to the person who booked the car. In reality it should not be allowed but when the system has no barriers on it, it is just added to the price and the BOOKER i.e. the own taker becomes an intermediary.
    Courtesy: Global Auto Auction - http://www.globalauctionline.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GAA
    dealers pre book all of the cars at 100% deposit, leavng no room for anyone to book a car (without lead time) and then they dealers sell the car for 125%,... it's a money making scan and we shouldn't encourage it.

Too bad the lawmakers are being bought off in this once-great country
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

GAA
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm: I know about it cause well i wont lie, i have earned on it. Anyways all i'd say is:-

They learnt doing the wrong thing the right way..

Imagine all the money that would be flown in from investors is now flown in from customers. So the capital they have, they'd invest elsewhere in other markets and earn through out the year on other gains rather than the core business itself.

Anyways all i'd say is, It is bad and should be discouraged as the end user pays more to utilize what is already highly priced.

Good there is no own on Imports, you can book as many as you like from me :p
    Courtesy: Global Auto Auction - http://www.globalauctionline.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile, i agree with you 200%... patience is a virtue, not a sin... but than again there are times wen u just need something and u have got to have it... i know sabar ka phel meetha hota hai...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thing you call 'ON' or 'OWN' is prevalent everywhere you go. Some cars here have long waiting times - Such as Porsche, BMW's etc. People pre-book them and when they get delivery of the car they try to sell it to someone who is willing to pay a 'premium' to get it straight away. For example, now is a good time to book the new BMW X5 which is releasing in 2007. I think it has a 12 month waiting list so whoever receives first delivery of it can usually sell it for a much higher price to someone who wants it there and then.

I see your point about the dealers/investors booking up all the cars and making the waiting times even longer, but if there weren't buyers out there this phenomenon wouldn't exist. I know some people that would rather pay some more money upfront, rather than wait 6 months to get delivery of their car - I mean, they've paid for the whole car upfront anyway.

So bottom line, this is not just restricted to Pakistan - it happens everywhere - but not to the same extent I guess.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ln1234
    it makes sense on high-end low volume cars or on cars or latest models but not a bloody mehran.

Even my brother paid a premium fo rhis last ferrari because he wanted it ASAP, but not on a mehran!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm, where is this ferrari? can we get pics?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Humy
    that's a whole different ball game.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List