0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Monthly income and car

I am basically from a lower income area in Karachi, and here everybody drive a chonda or just walk and take a bus.

I make 60k right now and most of it goes toward family living. I hardly save money, and I see too many people driving cars out of our town, I just want to know how do you guys manage it? As in Pakistan not every other person expect good salary, so how are you guys driving and living in comfort and even discussing about expensive HID headlights! No offend I just want to know.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistanis are generally good at saving money, then letting their future generations squander all of those savings.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Asifk7 View Post
    I am basically from a lower income area in Karachi, and here everybody drive a chonda or just walk and take a bus.

I make 60k right now and most of it goes toward family living. I hardly save money, and I see too many people driving cars out of our town, I just want to know how do you guys manage it? As in Pakistan not every other person expect good salary, so how are you guys driving and living in comfort and even discussing about expensive HID headlights! No offend I just want to know.
    Saving bro. I worked my hard enough last year to get a car finally bought few days back.
    Want a website for your Business?? Let us know. We can design Awesome website for your business. Visit www.webseowiz.com or email at info@webseowiz.com .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U dont need to be rich or even own a car to talk about cars and its accessories
    thats a plus point of being part of a online community
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for replying. Well I am more afraid of maintaining a car like something went wrong and we have to take the car to mechanic. and monthly fuel charges.

Back in 2013 when patrol price was 113 rupees per liter, my average bike fuel cost was 1400 rupees per month . And now it is almost 800 rupees. Keeping the maintenance cost separate as it was just minor wear and tear repairs. about 50 per day.

What will be average fuel and maintenance cost for a car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am basically from a lower income area in Karachi,
    Thats no issue at all. everybody starts from somewhere and reaches the top.

and here everybody drive a chonda or just walk and take a bus.
    If that saves money ,why not?

I make 60k right now and most of it goes toward family living.
    You wont stay on 60k all your life. keep working towards higher salary and promotions.

spending on family is good,Family comes first, car comes second.

I hardly save money,
    Start a side business. buy something and sell it at a good margin e.g. buy a HID light and sell it to someone. Buy computer parts and sell them. Best is to see if you can get cheap mobiles and sell them at a competitive rate, they usually get sold fast.
    If you are married, ask your wife to stitch stylish clothes or bake fancy cakes, sell those.

and I see too many people driving cars out of our town, I just want to know how do you guys manage it?
    1. Money from parents
    2. Money from investments (car/property/gold/stocks)
    3. Raise in salary/ Promotion
    4. Side business of any sort.
    5. Savings from salary etc etc

As in Pakistan not every other person expect good salary, so how are you guys driving and living in comfort and even discussing about expensive HID headlights! No offend I just want to know.
    If you are born poor, its not your fault however If you die poor, it definitely is your fault.
    Now im not saying you are poor. My point is that learn from people around you to find methods of making money (the legal way ofcourse!). Talk to friends, friends of friends...you will get many ideas. if i was at your place, i would be concerned about buying property first from my saving rather than going for a car first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can easily relate to this, first of all, be thankful to Almighty Allah for what you have now, even when you buy a civic, you will see that there are too many vigos and prados on the road, when you have it you see that there are Land cruisers and other expensive car out there. So the best option is to be content with what you have now.

Now coming to salary part, the best idea to save salary is to open another account without ATM card, or open Mutual fund account, transfer 5k to that account on the day you get the salary, try increasing this amount by 1k every month or 2. Believe me once you earn 100k, it will not seem enough to you, because at that time your expenditure will also increase, gradually your living standard will also increase without you being noticing it. So idea to to save on the day you get the salary and consider it inaccessible.

Buy a mehran 2nd hand, if you save 1.5-2 years you can easily get it, once you have it you can upgrade in next 1-2 years to better car. I hope that helps answer your questions.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

60k salary p.m is not that bad at all. If your income can't increase instantly, your expenditures certainly can be curtailed. Just make a list of your expenses ,rate them and i'm sure there will be some you can live without. I think you can easily save 5k p.m. You can ask any female in your family to start COMMITTEE . If you can get 200k, First learn driving, buy a used and cheaper FX/Mehran, drive it for say one year, then you can easily buy a new mehran. If you can manage to have car pool with your colleagues or even other people, you can lease out a car from any bank and pay your monthly installment or portion of your fuel expenses from the money you will receive from car pool. It's not that difficult at all. New car will be low on maintenance/running expenditure. I hope it helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Place one booth or more of fired potato fries in evening at near your home or any populated commercial area near your home.

Save it's profit or pay committee installments from it. It will help you buy a small economical car or support your monthly house hold expenses.

And be thankful for everything you are now.
    YASER

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brother

I am not a mufti or a very good person but i appreciate your straight forwardness, I am sharing my personal experience with you which can change your life or at least your view point:

1. If you feel today happy to see other riding cars, you surely will get one (other way around is to feel bad about them which will bring no change but depression).

2. Its not always easy for all you see around you, some have earned it so hard (after getting blood pressures and a lot of diseases), their struggle is a hidden truth for you.

3. Start giving a small sadqa to some of your very needy relative and try to hide it, believe me results are guaranteed!!

at last i will share a story with you which has its own conclusion in it: one day i was standing on the DHA walton road Lahore signal, my next car was a brand new Corrolla and a couple was in it, it was quite easy for me to judge that both had a recent fight and both were not in a good mood, suddenly i saw one poor man (pathan bhai) on bicycle sitting with his wife and 5 kids (my guess :-) trapped in between the running traffic and red light, all the family was laughing out loud, wife, kids and daddy

i realized there that things cant bring happiness but your inner piece and your own view point.....

so cheer up as i know many people who consider a 60k per month earning person a king.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, first of all be happy that Allah has given you strength and resources to look after your family.60k is not a bad amount. You will be increasing it month by month just if you start thinking a bit out of box. Also, regarding the flashy side of pakistan in general and karachi in particular, please keep in mind that khi have around 2million vehicles which includes rickshaws/taxis (read somewhere, figure could be debatable but its for reference only). So, how many of these 2 million will be honda civics, corollas, prados, bmws, mercedes, audis etc etc? A majority of vehicles are old, some are given by companies, leased etc. In a population of over 25 million, just 2 million cars can be seen. The proportion is too less. Do not compare yourself to a black money wala who can buy a brand new civic every day. Over 80% of karachis population is like you and me - job walay with limited amdani - since we are God feared people, we will always strive to increase our income thru mehnat only - not frauds etc. So be happy and just focus on savings and increasing yr monthly income.

Advice - never ever go for a bank loan, leasing of car as this will substantially eat up your monthly income and will bring you in extreme stress

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for replying, I was not being negative, I just wanted to know average cost to own and take care of a car. Is 5000 rupees per month good for a car care and fuel cost? Or it more than that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

earning 60k n still unhappy???amazing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didn't say that bro!

Edit: And I want to clear things up that I am running a household and I am married with 2 kids Alhamdulillah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for replying, I was not being negative, I just wanted to know average cost to own and take care of a car. Is 5000 rupees per month good for a car care and fuel cost? Or it more than that?
    Avg cost = depends upon the size of car + how much you drive + how caring you are
    Fr idea = i got cultus efi. first month fuel cost = 3000 rupees. I do not drive much but i do take my car when there's a need of car.
    My advice is ==> buy a car in good condition. Do NOT go fr a cheap car wth low engine as it ll drop a lot of bucks. So first make a good budget and get a good conditioned car. Go for a good conditioned used mehran.
    Drive with care. Love your car. It ll return the love for sure
    Want a website for your Business?? Let us know. We can design Awesome website for your business. Visit www.webseowiz.com or email at info@webseowiz.com .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am more into a Suzuki Bolan type high roof, because we can't carry a family including parents in a car. Currently I am looking at FAW XPV and SOKON MPV 7-8 seater.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw is great brand . only resale is issue. However if you want to keep the ride for a long time then faw is great ride.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am more into a Suzuki Bolan type high roof, because we can't carry a family including parents in a car. Currently I am looking at FAW XPV and SOKON MPV 7-8 seater.
    FAW x-pv will cost you very high - its around 8.5 lacs for a brand new. Its not available in used car market since it is not very popular and not much sold. And secondly, if even you buy it new with alottt of saving of hard earned money, you will lose your money very quickly as it will be a dead investment. I mean Inshallah when you will be in a good position to go for a sedan soon, noone will be ready to buy that used x-pv which you bought for 8.5lacs.. So, go for a car with good resale. E.g. buy Bolan of 2005/6 and you can get a good one. Evem if its mechanically not very fit, its peanuts to restore the car to its optimum condition. Fuel consumption is almost same as of mehran as 800cc.and can be sold any day any time any minute with minimal efforts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't worry keep working hard honestly with dedication and have trust in God.
    On another note HID's are useless and should be avoided as a courtesy to other drivers on the road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    the best option is to be content with what you have now.
    Now coming to salary part, the best idea to save salary is to open another account without ATM card, or open Mutual fund account, transfer 5k to that account on the day you get the salary, try increasing this amount by 1k every month or 2.
    Buy a mehran 2nd hand, if you save 1.5-2 years you can easily get it, once you have it you can upgrade in next 1-2 years to better car.
    This is what I was about to suggest. Always thanks to Allah for what you have & pray to him for more.
    There are many those who cant even afford a motorbike.
    I am sure you can buy used mehran by saving in a year or 1.5 years.
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List