Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Expert Opinion/ Suggestions Needed for Buying a New Car

Aoa

I currently own a Cultus 2011 and want to change my car as it has served me a good 5 years. Here are my preferences, budgets and constraints:

Budget:
    • Around Rs. 1 million without financing
    • Around Rs. 1.5 million with financing

Considerations:
    • Mileage
    • Safety
    • Maintenance cost
    • Spare parts
    • Re-sale value (after all, we are all Pakistanis )

Preferences:
    • 1000 - 1300 cc
    • Preferably a hatch-back
    • Preferably automatic shift. Wont mind manual shift either

Options (flexible to add more to the mix):
    • Faw V2
    • Passo
    • Swift
    • Mira
    • Wagon R

I am tilting towards Faw V2 because of its features and the fact that it falls in my range and is certainly an upgrade to Cultus (in my humble opinion).

Looking forward to your analysis and suggestions with reasons.

Pakistan's pioneer telecom & technology blog: www.TelecomPk.net

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If your usage is in city not bumpy gt roads or highway then you should opt for mira.
    Passo and vitz are excellent cars but you cannot find clean problem free vitz r passo having this range. But if you can stretch your budget you can get latest models of both. Just ensure clean ride non accident without meter temper. Need utmost care while buying jdms.
    Faw v2 is a good option with 1.3 l vitz engine with loads of features cons are China mall chun chan wind noise issue and low resale issue. Even one of my friends wanna sale his v2 15k driven at loss of one lac but so far not successful.
    WagonR vxl pkdm is an other good option with excellent performance and good features but you will compromise on ugly shape and average quality of pak suzuki. If you can live with that you should opt for wagonR vxl you will love this ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly i am not an expert
    I will try to guide you with my experience and survey since i was almost in same situation before 2 weeks.
    I sold my Alto VXR 2007 and i was looking for JDM too my choices were Alto,Mira and PKDM Swift.
    I dropped Swift due to bad mileage and high price car. Secondly i searched for Alto and Mira Japanese in about 10-12 show rooms JDM prices are sky high now due to increase in YEN price and also price is another factor the thing is mostly dealers are selling accidented cars R and X grades mostly. You wont be able to find a good car the best bet is if you can import yourself or from a dealer friend then go for it and you have to wait for 2 months also. My cousin recently imported Passo on bank finance and it costed 17Lack total for all installments so it may not be in your budget but Passo is best JDM. I rate JDM in this Order what i surveyed.
    * Passo
    * Alto
    * Mira

WagonR is a very good option Pakistani car good mileage easy to maintain and parts availability and in your budget. I am not sure about FAW it could have resale issues since its new in market.
    I would also recommend you to widen your search For example i was 90% sure that i would get Alto JDM for fuel and features basically but i dropped after seeing pathetic cars in market and dealer saying 4 grade cars and it turns out to be X grade and other issues like number registration charges 30k and tyres needs replacement too and dont know how much more issues.. But in the end i went with a used Honda Civic (2003 ) Good condition and i am satisfied. Do keep your eye on used cars too sometimes people are selling maintained cars when they are moving abroad etc. I am getting around 13.2KM/L with AC in City+Highway i am satisfied it would give 15 on Long unlike Alto that gave only 11 KM/L on City+Highway and without AC..
    Goodluck!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ufi2007 View Post
    If your usage is in city not bumpy gt roads or highway then you should opt for mira.
    Passo and vitz are excellent cars but you cannot find clean problem free vitz r passo having this range. But if you can stretch your budget you can get latest models of both. Just ensure clean ride non accident without meter temper. Need utmost care while buying jdms.
    Faw v2 is a good option with 1.3 l vitz engine with loads of features cons are China mall chun chan wind noise issue and low resale issue. Even one of my friends wanna sale his v2 15k driven at loss of one lac but so far not successful.
    WagonR vxl pkdm is an other good option with excellent performance and good features but you will compromise on ugly shape and average quality of pak suzuki. If you can live with that you should opt for wagonR vxl you will love this ride.
    Thanks ☺

Will have to sort to financing to get Passo. But I'm a noob in car related matters hence afraid of getting an inappropriate vehicle.

Yes. Resale of Faw V2 is an issue which makes my quest complicated.

WagonR have ABS Brakes ?

If you can't get the ball, get the man!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Firstly i am not an expertI will try to guide you with my experience and survey since i was almost in same situation before 2 weeks.
    I sold my Alto VXR 2007 and i was looking for JDM too my choices were Alto,Mira and PKDM Swift.
    I dropped Swift due to bad mileage and high price car. Secondly i searched for Alto and Mira Japanese in about 10-12 show rooms JDM prices are sky high now due to increase in YEN price and also price is another factor the thing is mostly dealers are selling accidented cars R and X grades mostly. You wont be able to find a good car the best bet is if you can import yourself or from a dealer friend then go for it and you have to wait for 2 months also. My cousin recently imported Passo on bank finance and it costed 17Lack total for all installments so it may not be in your budget but Passo is best JDM. I rate JDM in this Order what i surveyed.
    * Passo
    * Alto
    * Mira

WagonR is a very good option Pakistani car good mileage easy to maintain and parts availability and in your budget. I am not sure about FAW it could have resale issues since its new in market.
    I would also recommend you to widen your search For example i was 90% sure that i would get Alto JDM for fuel and features basically but i dropped after seeing pathetic cars in market and dealer saying 4 grade cars and it turns out to be X grade and other issues like number registration charges 30k and tyres needs replacement too and dont know how much more issues.. But in the end i went with a used Honda Civic (2003 ) Good condition and i am satisfied. Do keep your eye on used cars too sometimes people are selling maintained cars when they are moving abroad etc. I am getting around 13.2KM/L with AC in City+Highway i am satisfied it would give 15 on Long unlike Alto that gave only 11 KM/L on City+Highway and without AC..
    Goodluck!
    Thank you for taking out time to write such a detailed reply.

Yours is a good suggestion. I think I might be able to get a Honda City in my range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sulehrix View Post
    Aoa

I currently own a Cultus 2011 and want to change my car as it has served me a good 5 years. Here are my preferences, budgets and constraints:

Budget:
    • Around Rs. 1 million without financing
    • Around Rs. 1.5 million with financing

Considerations:
    • Mileage
    • Safety
    • Maintenance cost
    • Spare parts
    • Re-sale value (after all, we are all Pakistanis )

Preferences:
    • 1000 - 1300 cc
    • Preferably a hatch-back
    • Preferably automatic shift. Wont mind manual shift either

Options (flexible to add more to the mix):
    • Faw V2
    • Passo
    • Swift
    • Mira
    • Wagon R

I am tilting towards Faw V2 because of its features and the fact that it falls in my range and is certainly an upgrade to Cultus (in my humble opinion).

Looking forward to your analysis and suggestions with reasons.
    I was in same situation like u some time ago...
    Had around 1 million so after visiting lots of showrooms i came to conclusion that i cannot get a clean jdm in this range.. so then it was either wagon r or faw v2... in the end got v2.. m loving its drive.. yes small interior issues were there like seats and trunk making sounds.. i was quite disappointed initially but then visited a good denter and now therez no such sound.. wind noise is there but can be resolved by instaling door rubbers which i will in coming weeks... resale should not be a concern as u will most likely keep the car for next 4,5 years...

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abstrusemind View Post
    I was in same situation like u some time ago...
    Had around 1 million so after visiting lots of showrooms i came to conclusion that i cannot get a clean jdm in this range.. so then it was either wagon r or faw v2... in the end got v2.. m loving its drive.. yes small interior issues were there like seats and trunk making sounds.. i was quite disappointed initially but then visited a good denter and now therez no such sound.. wind noise is there but can be resolved by instaling door rubbers which i will in coming weeks... resale should not be a concern as u will most likely keep the car for next 4,5 years...

Thank you. How's the mileage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you. How's the mileage.

Milage is good.. my daily drive is on mall road lhr full of signals.. its giving me 13.5km/l, with a light foot and occasional ac.. on highway it gave me 16 and car is driven only 3k.. so hopefully will get better after 5k service...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone else?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone else?
    FAW V2
    Don't look here and there.
    You have used cultus for 5 years which means you are not that typical who change ride within year or two.
    Japanese are good option but they aren't new zero meter. FAW V2 is the best option.
    The features are almost like many japanese cars and plus it's new. Cars like passo have very less ground clearance and I heard from friends "gali main aksar jump pay nechay lagti hai" and I see myself.
    From all aspects V2 mean you are buying Swift DLX in my opinion.
    Buy and use it for 3 to 5 years and by that time the market will be developed and so the resale value plus parts will be available. Don't forget you will get 3 year warranty upto 50k kms for V2 which means any issue just take it to the 3S dealership.
    In my opinion V2 is best for you and you don't need any financing.
    Compare all cars you have in mind and see their prices and features along with prices and current condition (New or 3 year old) and see what will come in your mind.
    FAW mileage is exactly the same as vitz has. You just spend hardly 10k rupees for the ugly noises in the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abaid1019 View Post
    FAW V2
    Don't look here and there.
    You have used cultus for 5 years which means you are not that typical who change ride within year or two.
    Japanese are good option but they aren't new zero meter. FAW V2 is the best option.
    The features are almost like many japanese cars and plus it's new. Cars like passo have very less ground clearance and I heard from friends "gali main aksar jump pay nechay lagti hai" and I see myself.
    From all aspects V2 mean you are buying Swift DLX in my opinion.
    Buy and use it for 3 to 5 years and by that time the market will be developed and so the resale value plus parts will be available. Don't forget you will get 3 year warranty upto 50k kms for V2 which means any issue just take it to the 3S dealership.
    In my opinion V2 is best for you and you don't need any financing.
    Compare all cars you have in mind and see their prices and features along with prices and current condition (New or 3 year old) and see what will come in your mind.
    Exactly. When I compare all the cars then Faw V2 is the ideal choice.

The only thing which bugs me is that after 5 years either V2 will have good resale value. Let's say 6-7k or I might even not be able to find a single buyer if it goes out of production.

The second option which I'm tilting towards is that I should buy a 2013 swift for around 900k and use it for 2 to 3 years. After that I can buy a brand new Honda City.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly. When I compare all the cars then Faw V2 is the ideal choice.

The only thing which bugs me is that after 5 years either V2 will have good resale value. Let's say 6-7k or I might even not be able to find a single buyer if it goes out of production.

The second option which I'm tilting towards is that I should buy a 2013 swift for around 900k and use it for 2 to 3 years. After that I can buy a brand new Honda City.

Yes you can buy swift 2013 if it's driven around 50K kms.
    It's totally upto you and you know we can't predict future.
    FAW when came early here in pak they launch the car but with same specs like local cars with same price and they failed that time. Even that car was better than alto and mehran.
    But this time you see they are giving plenty of features at less price and I see many people are buying that car. The engine is same as 1998 -2005 vitz. Which means parts issue is not there which people faced last time with FAW car.
    It's just my opinion that they may succeed this time based on these things.
    But yes swift used is also good option. For japanese I can tell you there is resale issue becuase I am having japanese cars from past 8 years. You can sell them in a week but you know "keemat boht jaldi torti hai". I sold my Japanese cars and I knew the issue. You buy JDM now and pay 1.4 million and after 2 years, sell it at 1 million or less.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you can buy swift 2013 if it's driven around 50K kms.
    It's totally upto you and you know we can't predict future.
    FAW when came early here in pak they launch the car but with same specs like local cars with same price and they failed that time. Even that car was better than alto and mehran.
    But this time you see they are giving plenty of features at less price and I see many people are buying that car. The engine is same as 1998 -2005 vitz. Which means parts issue is not there which people faced last time with FAW car.
    It's just my opinion that they may succeed this time based on these things.
    But yes swift used is also good option. For japanese I can tell you there is resale issue becuase I am having japanese cars from past 8 years. You can sell them in a week but you know "keemat boht jaldi torti hai". I sold my Japanese cars and I knew the issue. You buy JDM now and pay 1.4 million and after 2 years, sell it at 1 million or less.
    So which one is the better option all around.
    2013 swift or "dabba pack" Faw V2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So which one is the better option all around.
    2013 swift or "dabba pack" Faw V2

Both choices are okay.
    If you really worried about resale then go for Swift.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both choices are okay.
    If you really worried about resale then go for Swift.
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks

Go for Swift bro

You'll face huge problem when you sell your V2

We bought Lancer brand new in 2005 but we didn't get much in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer was a Japanese car aur V2 toh phir bhe China mall hai

Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post

Point noted

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Swift bro

You'll face huge problem when you sell your V2

We bought Lancer brand new in 2005 but we didn't get much in return.

How much will I have to pay for a Swift 2013 in excellent condition ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is really bad concept we people have here about China mall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List