434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Global Techstream

Is there a software called "Techstream" that works on all Toyotas for all OEM OBD2 functions? If this is real, it may be an option to Toyota's own Techstream System which is very expensive to buy and operate.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mashriqain Where did you get your Techstream software?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Techstream software is available officially from Toyota Tech EU website but it needs payment. There are workarounds for it that still get the job done. So yes, you will be using Official Techstream software from Toyota. Do not download it from any place else. You can download the latest version of Toyota Teachstream from Toyota Tech EU website (GTS Diagnostic Software):

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/GTS/Wizard/step2-intro.aspx

You will require a workaround for it. PM me for details about that. The REAL issue is connecting the car with a computer because Techstream requires an interface/cable and it won't work with the usual Bluetooth dongles. You need Mongoose Cable for it, cheap knockoffs of which are available readily on Aliexpress and DHGate. Mine works fine with 2007 JDM (JDM doesnt use OBDII) but checked with an old model local Corolla and it also worked.

It failed to work on 2013 model local Corolla though. I think 2012 or 2013 onwards, you need box type of interface. Again, available on Aliexpress etc. but not sure if they'd work or not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.S. The Mongoose Cables available from Aliexpress/DHGate will not work on latest Windows due to driver issues. You will have to do some tweaking for it to work. I have found it working best on plain old Windows XP. It also can be a bit sluggish in response time while observing or recording the live data.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mashriqain View Post
    P.S. The Mongoose Cables available from Aliexpress/DHGate will not work on latest Windows due to driver issues. You will have to do some tweaking for it to work. I have found it working best on plain old Windows XP. It also can be a bit sluggish in response time while observing or recording the live data.
    Thank you for the quick response. PM sent.

Interesting that the software is free to download in the EU, but not here in USA.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. PM sent.

Interesting that the software is free to download in the EU, but not here in USA.
    Toyota Tech EU website is full of information. I actually couldn't resist and HAD to sign up for the least expensive paid option to browse through it for a few hours. That was fun, except Asian market and then Pakistani rollas are not even remotely similar to anything up on their sites so well, back to square zero. I wish they had such a site for the Asian market with access to material like that of EU. I think it comes down to the different compliance rules they have in EU which are probably the most consumer friendly on the globe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Tech EU website is full of information. I actually couldn't resist and HAD to sign up for the least expensive paid option to browse through it for a few hours. That was fun, except Asian market and then Pakistani rollas are not even remotely similar to anything up on their sites so well, back to square zero. I wish they had such a site for the Asian market with access to material like that of EU. I think it comes down to the different compliance rules they have in EU which are probably the most consumer friendly on the globe.
    That probably also explains why Toyota NA charges an arm and a leg for this software to work on USDM vehicles. Bummer!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    That probably also explains why Toyota NA charges an arm and a leg for this software to work on USDM vehicles. Bummer!
    Oh the 3S/dealerships everywhere love to overcharge for everything. A 1000 USD yearly cost is NOTHING for Toyota dealerships:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...tis&_nfpb=true

Over here in Pak, the 3S would charge you 2-4k just for connecting the 'compooter', which is absurd. It should be something basic with general check up cost each and every time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh the 3S/dealerships everywhere love to overcharge for everything. A 1000 USD yearly cost is NOTHING for Toyota dealerships:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...tis&_nfpb=true

Over here in Pak, the 3S would charge you 2-4k just for connecting the 'compooter', which is absurd. It should be something basic with general check up cost each and every time.
    It is not just $1k yearly, it is also $5k to buy in the first place. I think they are just trying to prevent users from being able to use the software to protect their dealer's revenue streams.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List