Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to inspect a car before buying?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to inspect a car before buying?

I am going to buy a used car for the first time and I am puzzled on how to check the car myself. I've had different mechanics taken along with me to inspect the car which I want to buy and almost every time there is a reason from them that I shouldn't buy the car as it's either showered, repaired, etc etc.

I've twice called the Pak Wheels CarSure team as well but it was more or less the same response from them. The owner never accepted his car was repainted while CarSure was pretty sure it was.

However, I'd like someone to tell me what should I be looking for? My budget is 750K MAX. I was thinking of Coure 2011 or 2012, Honda City 2005 or 2006.

Also, please advice on what stuff should I be looking for before buying a used car. I dont want to visit the mechanic frequently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just bought a second hand car. You should look for the engine for any issues or problem. Firstly open the engine oil cap and smell it. It shouldn't give a burnt oil smell. Also check it shouldn't have any foamy residual. Second check for the powersteering pump. When you turn it to extreme left or right it shouldn't make any noise. Thirdly check and drive the car for 15 min. Hear for any abnormal noise from the gear box or the clutch. Put the car on third gear on idle mode and then rev up. It shouldn't have that jhatka stop. Rest check out the lights indicators radiator

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Second check for the powersteering pump. When you turn it to extreme left or right it shouldn't make any noise.
    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Sir ain't that sound is of loose belt type. though i was haing that sound when i installed my power steering ,. afterwards my mech put a smallsize belt and its been month and its running great.
    kindly correct me if i'm wrong .
    JazakAllAh

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir just give 3k to 5k to your mechanic and they will be for sure agreed to see any car your want to show them. If you live in Khi you can take them to Sunday bazar for 2 to 3 hours and you can get coure Easily.
    Basically they can help you in buying a genuine car and non accidented one.but it depends on the Mech you got.
    normally person with no experience can't tell the difference between showered + accident-ed car (obviously that car will be looking OK to you )
    you can get city 2005 IDSI city in 750k in OK condition . but between 75ok to 800k you can get Good one with low Mileage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The ps noise can be due to low ps fluid faulty ps pump or issue with ps belt. When it comes to showered or not. If you are buying a 5 to 10 year old car its not a big of a deal to have the car showered.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List