0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need advise re a family decent 7 seater

I need some advise please. I need a 7 seater family car and have looked around on the website, the options are 1- Honda Freed (quite a few available at decent price, with nice mileage and its also a hybrid) 2-Honda Stream (unfortunately not many available/options) 3-Toyota wish (the newer ones are >3 million) 4-Honda Crossroad (again plenty available) 4-Toyota Estima (although the nicer ones are above 3 million), there are not many cars with low mileage and friends were telling me that they mess around with the speedometers in Pakistan as well. Budget is around 3 million and I am not keen on a old Prado. Kindly advise

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahidakhtar1 View Post
    I need some advise please. I need a 7 seater family car and have looked around on the website, the options are 1- Honda Freed (quite a few available at decent price, with nice mileage and its also a hybrid) 2-Honda Stream (unfortunately not many available/options) 3-Toyota wish (the newer ones are >3 million) 4-Honda Crossroad (again plenty available) 4-Toyota Estima (although the nicer ones are above 3 million), there are not many cars with low mileage and friends were telling me that they mess around with the speedometers in Pakistan as well. Budget is around 3 million and I am not keen on a old Prado. Kindly advise
    As for meter reversals, I would say its true for 80% cars being imported. Why not self import a car that fits your budget and involve an agent for clearance etc? That way you can find a reliable car where atleast all facts would be known to you! And why not go for an LC from the 90s, you can find some very clean ones in your budget if you can hunt for it. Best of luck though

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Ahmer, I am in England and will be moving back to Pakistan in the next 1-2 months. I have checked with a custom clearance agent on the phone and they were not very helpful with their advise stating that they exactly want to know the model etc, Prado (5 years old ) will still generate a custom duty of more than 3 million and it will cost here in uk in the range of 18-20,000 pounds, so not worth it in my opinion. The only car/van which is worth considering is Hilux etc; What do you think?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shahid Akhter, I have same requirement like yours. Freed has an issue of ground clearance rather all imported cars have this issue.

My research on the topic is; Toyota Avanza new model is best option which comes in 2.8-3.0 million but its manual.

I need automatic. You may not. Anyhow please share with me if you get some more options.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahidakhtar1 View Post
    Thank you Ahmer, I am in England and will be moving back to Pakistan in the next 1-2 months. I have checked with a custom clearance agent on the phone and they were not very helpful with their advise stating that they exactly want to know the model etc, Prado (5 years old ) will still generate a custom duty of more than 3 million and it will cost here in uk in the range of 18-20,000 pounds, so not worth it in my opinion. The only car/van which is worth considering is Hilux etc; What do you think?
    Yes Prado under the current import laws will be very expensive! Why not try 7 seaters that are cheaper when new, like an Estima?

Check out this link: https://www.tradecarview.com/used_ca...tima/18131021/

Just an example that what it costs at the auction house, you can add up duties and shipment charges etc to this and have a final estimated cost of the vehicle

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Prius Alpha

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 for Toyota Prius Alpha.
    Fits in your budget, it's a hybrid so low fuel cost, many available. Even if you self import one it will fit in your budget.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    +1 for Toyota Prius Alpha.
    Fits in your budget, it's a hybrid so low fuel cost, many available. Even if you self import one it will fit in your budget.
    Thanks Waleed, another one on my list definetly worth considering
    Israr, my problem with Avanza is the same as yours, its manual, I drive a Mercedes R class here in UK and it will be difficult to adjust to a manual
    Toyota Fortuner is my new choice although the Toyota Indus said they are launching a new model in the next 1-2 months, any thoughts on fortuner

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List