0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pakistani Assembled Cars Vs Imported Cars:

Used and reconditioned imported cars are gaining immense popularity among the buyers for their Price relief Contrary to Pakistani Assembled Cars. As the matter of fact, they are incorporated with two salient benfits:

1- Relatively cheaper than the new Pakistani assembled cars
    2- More Durable then the the Pakistani assembled cars.

According to Experts Opinion Used Japanese Imported Cars are on High grades for Performance levels but their is very limited choice and assortment for Buyers. Our Govt. should take the steps to overcome the barriers on Used Cars Import in Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistani Assembled Cars Vs Imported Cars -1708778

PKDM vs JDM is not comparison but a DILEMMA
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i found civic and corolla pretty inferior in terms of quality as compare to Pakistan...
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

been using the following vehicles daily for the last 10 years

1) PKDM corolla 2003 ( 13 years )

2)JDM premio 2007 ( 5years )

3) JDM Vitz 3rd gen ( on and off )

4) JDM MIRA ( 2008 , 6 months )

have also used suzuki swift 1.3 DLX ( kept 4 years, sold now ) . suzuki alto as well

all my JDMs are authentic, verified auc report vehicles , 3.5, 4 , even R grade vehicles that were genuine and NOT locally repaired dealer crap . the premio had 53k km on its ODO when i imported it

to sum it all up in one word, PKDMs are CRAP .waste of money. . there is no QA/QC check, no refinement, no comfort, no luxury , no safety. the swift was so uncomfortable and Pain in AS* that it gave me leg cramps, made me tired ( not that im not physically fit, i still run a mile in under 9 mins ) and i had a slip disc . so bad were the seats and so uncomfortable was the ride

the corolla , alto , no different . its actually depressing to sit in one

not just that, once the body work is taken apart, you actually get to see the sub par QC on all our local crap. the wiring hanging loose, the incomplete weld jobs. my brand new swift had strange cam shaft noises, radiator drank all water no reason. little annoying problems here and there that ultimately forced me to sell the crap

---------------------
    JDMs are way better in overall feel of built, drive,noise cancellation and comfort. not to mention safety. true, the low end JDMs like alto , passo , mira etc have cost cutting compromises here and there, but if you can afford , the high end premio /camry/ prius / lexus are an absolute love to keep and drive.

my two cents
    ------------------------------

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by blueazure View Post

have also used suzuki swift 1.3 DLX ( kept 4 years, sold now ) . suzuki alto as well

all my JDMs are authentic, verified auc report vehicles , 3.5, 4 , even R grade vehicles that were genuine and NOT locally repaired dealer crap . the premio had 53k km on its ODO when i imported it

to sum it all up in one word, PKDMs are CRAP .waste of money. . there is no QA/QC check, no refinement, no comfort, no luxury , no safety. the swift was so uncomfortable and Pain in AS* that it gave me leg cramps, made me tired ( not that im not physically fit, i still run a mile in under 9 mins ) and i had a slip disc . so bad were the seats and so uncomfortable was the ride

not just that, once the body work is taken apart, you actually get to see the sub par QC on all our local crap. the wiring hanging loose, the incomplete weld jobs. my brand new swift had strange cam shaft noises, radiator drank all water no reason. little annoying problems here and there that ultimately forced me to sell the crap

---------------------
    JDMs are way better in overall feel of built, drive,noise cancellation and comfort. not to mention safety. true, the low end JDMs like alto , passo , mira etc have cost cutting compromises here and there, but if you can afford , the high end premio /camry/ prius / lexus are an absolute love to keep and drive.

my two cents

what should one do when one requires servicing for such JDM cars?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have 9th generation local Civic. I am quite happy with quality. Parts are readily available. May be it lacks some novel features, but I don't care too much about them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

---------------------

my two cents
    amazingly even after having so much hate for pkdm, the longest kept car by you is pkdm corolla 03. why?

petrol head
    yes!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Coming from the side of town where i have potholes every few km's and have traffic jams on the stupidest of intersections, have bumps and rocks and unfinished roads while half the city is still *under construction* ANY car is prone to breakdown in these harsh driving conditions.. And its not a dilemma, its not like ones better than the other, its about driving condition each individual faces on the daily.. I'll take a corolla to the village trip, a land cruiser on a family trip, a prius on the motorway and a cultus/alto/swift to my office in sadar.. I'll keep a few of them detailed and a few will get beat up.. The whole point of getting a car is to make YOUR life easier..

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Djaymx View Post
    Coming from the side of town where i have potholes every few km's and have traffic jams on the stupidest of intersections, have bumps and rocks and unfinished roads while half the city is still *under construction* ANY car is prone to breakdown in these harsh driving conditions.. And its not a dilemma, its not like ones better than the other, its about driving condition each individual faces on the daily.. I'll take a corolla to the village trip, a land cruiser on a family trip, a prius on the motorway and a cultus/alto/swift to my office in sadar.. I'll keep a few of them detailed and a few will get beat up.. The whole point of getting a car is to make YOUR life easier..

so we should all be buying 5 cars?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    so we should all be buying 5 cars?
    Didn't mean that literally, but you definitely need a car according to your driving conditions, You should know how much car you need. Is all i'm saying.

Lets say I buy my dream car and the place where i mostly commute doesnot have a parking spot, arn't I doomed? Because thats what I actually mean..

On the other hand, considering our roads and fellow drivers I'll have to replace or repaint both my bumpers every year and probably a tail light or a side mirror that our brothers on motorcycles love so much they kiss it every other week, Now i can find parts just fine on either of those JDM or PKDM but the problem is do I want to spend 15k on side mirrors and 30k on bumpers every year.. And most probably tail lights are coming from another city because there were none salvaged from a totalled car just like yours..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arsalannn View Post
    amazingly even after having so much hate for pkdm, the longest kept car by you is pkdm corolla 03. why?

petrol head
    my dad loves it for some reason

i would have sold it long ago, LOL

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what should one do when one requires servicing for such JDM cars?
    what sort of servicing ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what sort of servicing ?

general auto repair (not haail chenj and brake pad badli or scrap parts being installed)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

general auto repair (not haail chenj and brake pad badli or scrap parts being installed)
    never had an issue,

local xli brake shoes can be used in my premio. (and they are ). toyota standardizes parts across their line up

air filter, oil filter , all same

same goes for the mira

i generally find jdm much reliable and frankly not a pain the A** does the need to service it becomes mandatory. the routine belt change, ac repair etcetra can be done

, you do have a problem if the lights etc are smashed. quiet expensive to replace unless you know someone in peshawar queeta

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by muhammadimran01 View Post
    Used and reconditioned imported cars are gaining immense popularity among the buyers for their Price relief Contrary to Pakistani Assembled Cars. As the matter of fact, they are incorporated with two salient benfits:

1- Relatively cheaper than the new Pakistani assembled cars
    2- More Durable then the the Pakistani assembled cars.

According to Experts Opinion Used Japanese Imported Cars are on High grades for Performance levels but their is very limited choice and assortment for Buyers. Our Govt. should take the steps to overcome the barriers on Used Cars Import in Pakistan.
    As for the matter of fact, JDM vehicles are incorporated with four salient disadvantages:
    1- Relatively poor resale value... you have to sell JDM car at some point when maintenance cost is beyond your budget.
    2- Hard to find a good mechanic who understands electronic JDM cars... and even if you find one, he will charge you beyond your expectation.
    3- Parts are hard to find and if available they are very expensive.
    4- Way too over priced for a used car... features of JDM car are like sweets in a shop which can attract a "child" easily.

Remember you will be buying a used car which had electronic issues or accidental. As for the accident repair, you won't believe there are local denters who can repair a car so good that you or even a expert cannot detect.
    Lastly, Japaneses are very happy to get such crap out of their country at minor benefit... you can't trust anybody in this process... not even Japanese!

Common sense is not so common.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I visited toyota indus motors plant back in 2009 for university project, the Toyota personal told me that the diff between car made in japan and local made is the number of quality checks indus motor check about 130+ point and in japan there are 185+ checks

also i want to mention that i saw a smuggled civic 2005 and indus motor in quetta those car were way different then the local civic corolla their look was very crisp

i think car industry in pakistan needs to be improved and local pakistani made car should be the future

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with the statement relatively cheaper that we can buy them cheap in Japan but the cost after landing here is more than new local cars unless you buy a compromised vehicle, add in long run costs e.g. HOBC fuel, body parts of an alien kei costing as much as vti oriel's, no option for repair of mechanical parts only scrappy parts / complete assembly change, overcharging mechanics then a pkdm becomes relatively cheaper.

More durable? yes 1.0 liter and above cars are more durable, but cars like mirage, kei vans, kei cars are designed as disposable models, we can see the currently manufactured models on the roads of Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot and other cities where JDM culture is in, once these cars become difficult to maintain (which they do way before PKDM ones) they are sold and keep changing hands till scrapped. most common model mira and move (with plenty of parts backup) have proved to be less durable than local cars in Pakistan.

The same people who exaggerate safety features of these jdms refuse to wear seatbelts so that they won't bear the cost of airbag in case (God forbid) it pops out.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

never had an issue,

local xli brake shoes can be used in my premio. (and they are ). toyota standardizes parts across their line up

air filter, oil filter , all same

same goes for the mira

i generally find jdm much reliable and frankly not a pain the A** does the need to service it becomes mandatory. the routine belt change, ac repair etcetra can be done

, you do have a problem if the lights etc are smashed. quiet expensive to replace unless you know someone in peshawar queeta
    what to do if someone buys said awesome JDM and has an ABS module failure and knows no one in quetta and peshawar.

btw - toyota do build modular cars but not as modular as you think. e.g. you cannot shove corolla hard parts into a supra.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    I visited toyota indus motors plant back in 2009 for university project, the Toyota personal told me that the diff between car made in japan and local made is the number of quality checks indus motor check about 130+ point and in japan there are 185+ checks

also i want to mention that i saw a smuggled civic 2005 and indus motor in quetta those car were way different then the local civic corolla their look was very crisp

i think car industry in pakistan needs to be improved and local pakistani made car should be the future
    did you do a flow analysis of it or just took words as gospel, The difference between vehicles of different markets vary a lot. e.g. all toyotas aimed at the US production market have quite solid paint on the exterior and just primer on the hidden places. The Pakistani ones are not like that. (taking this into consideration, the US car will fail this check in Pakistan but the Pakistani one will pass in both - so according to the classic ISO [insert favorite number here) specs - you just change the documentation and suddenly all cars become amazing quality.

another example - the US market cowrollas had drum brakes in the back while pk market had discs, the same era camrys use corolla axle shafts and hubs while the GEM ones use thicker ones.

The quality checks are the same - the reason you dont see the "QC issues" in the japanese imports is that they are used and the first customer already has complained and had them corrected.

The core issue here is that people in Pakistan "want" a lot for no cost and because there are no safety mandates or dumping restrictions or even freely available common sense - they will beleive what their car mechanic tells them. In this case they tell them the japanese cars are amazing because they profit from them quite a lot.

1 - they can charge higher fee (anokhee gaari hai)
    2 - they can simply swap out entire junked assemblies (lol)
    3 - they get kick back from scrappies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List