Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Deteriorating traffic situation in Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Cr33D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    585
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Deteriorating traffic situation in Pakistan

    Hi,
    I'm really fed up with the traffic condition of Pakistan, been living in the capital for over a decade now and every day the traffic is getting worse, may daily commute is via Peshawar road, then kashmir highway.

    People flashing their high beams for no apparent reason, higher horsepower cars bullying lower hp cars, the vvip envoys bullying local public, mostly Army, Self proclaimed business men, police, judges, intelligence agency and what not.

    Local public who daily drives are also nuts when it come to peak hours, mostly every one thinks they are the only ones getting late for their errands hence they either drive rash or try to zic zac making a complete mess for others.

    I see people driving over the yellow line marking when the traffic is at halt just to get ahead of few cars, hmm how i'm effected? well here in the pakistan, when the machines and sweepers are cleaning the roads, they pile up all the dust and stack up it against the footpath, our so called expert drivers disperse all the dust on the other cars when they pass though the yellow line...

    Our traffic department isn't upto the mark but they are getting their slowly, recently few changes they made helped the traffic to keep moving, im talking about blocking the turns on golra mor for islamabad. I recently gave a lift to ITP officer and inquired about the traffic situation, he responded we tried everything, people just don't listen, we try to stop people with hids but they just speed off, mostly we are tired because of vvips duties or standing on the signals when there's no electricity.

    Inshort, i really get frustrated when i see educated people not following the law here, they just dont listen and end up swearing at you just because you're following a law which is alien to them.

    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Cr33D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    585
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirwajeeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    Hi,
    I'm really fed up with the traffic condition of Pakistan, been living in the capital for over a decade now and every day the traffic is getting worse, may daily commute is via Peshawar road, then kashmir highway.

    People flashing their high beams for no apparent reason, higher horsepower cars bullying lower hp cars, the vvip envoys bullying local public, mostly Army, Self proclaimed business men, police, judges, intelligence agency and what not.

    Local public who daily drives are also nuts when it come to peak hours, mostly every one thinks they are the only ones getting late for their errands hence they either drive rash or try to zic zac making a complete mess for others.

    I see people driving over the yellow line marking when the traffic is at halt just to get ahead of few cars, hmm how i'm effected? well here in the pakistan, when the machines and sweepers are cleaning the roads, they pile up all the dust and stack up it against the footpath, our so called expert drivers disperse all the dust on the other cars when they pass though the yellow line...

    Our traffic department isn't upto the mark but they are getting their slowly, recently few changes they made helped the traffic to keep moving, im talking about blocking the turns on golra mor for islamabad. I recently gave a lift to ITP officer and inquired about the traffic situation, he responded we tried everything, people just don't listen, we try to stop people with hids but they just speed off, mostly we are tired because of vvips duties or standing on the signals when there's no electricity.

    Inshort, i really get frustrated when i see educated people not following the law here, they just dont listen and end up swearing at you just because you're following a law which is alien to them.
    Totally agree with you Bro. In my opinion the only way to control our public on the roads is through danda. What's the difference between us and other civilized countries? They impose huge fines/penalties if you break the law. Here people get away by paying just Rs. 500 on passing a red light.

    The traffic police needs to be very strict, well trained, armed and have the power to arrest people who fight or argue with them. I think with these measures, situation can change within days.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,483
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Sir, I have always tried my level best to educate people on this.. some people take it genuinely and honestly while some listen but don't act.

    Nothing is perfect and traffic is not perfect and we see issues all across globe but there are some problems and habits which are very much available only in us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post


    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Cr33D sir kabhi ayein na EME college , peshawar rd tk toh aa jatay
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    hyder_m29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    180
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Traffic situation is really just a result of our psyche:

    - We look down upon anyone we consider lower than us - better car owners looking down upon low-budget car owners, protocol drivers looking down upon us peasant scums, etc.
    - We consider ourselves experts at everything. Everyone specializes in drag racing.
    - Everything I do is right. I break the law because I'm smart. You break the law and you're a piece of sheeeet.
    - I oversleep 10 minutes and that's ok. But I can't afford to lose 3-5 seconds on the road, even if it means nearly running over a family on a bike.
    - The worst of all, in my opinion, is that we have no regard for lives of those unrelated to us.

    Not everyone here is like that though. But those kind, gentle souls are often invisible to us. The pricks tend to draw attention to themselves.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Cr33D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    585
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    @Cr33D sir kabhi ayein na EME college , peshawar rd tk toh aa jatay
    Sir, abb islamabad janay ka liya eme say uturn lena partha hai, even that uturn is chocked in peak ours and a heaven for beggars.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,596
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    it is all about basic civic responsibility and training which is done at home by parents & other family adults. Civic sense is energized & how to be civilized is polished at the schools

    now look at the society, Degrees are piece of paper and available at some price.

    in absence of all above,
    -

    Fear of punishment, Tool of Terror shall be LAW.

    - I hold valid driving licence from 3 countries of the world since past century and yet i'm forced to act as non-sense driver over roads in Pakistan, because if i drive civilized way the motorcyclist, taxi, rickshaw, chingchee minibus coaster truck dumper will not let me survive.

    everyone know over the roads know well .. LAW is ABSENT & Penalty is Rs. 20 ~ 100 tops.

    Punishment means, Rs. 100 for policeman pocket, no court, no jail, no car impound, no suspension / cancellation of driving license, every violation of traffic law is worth Rs. 20 ~ 100 only to get away.

    Unless LAW become terror and fear of punishment prevail, I do not see any HOPE
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    Sir, abb islamabad janay ka liya eme say uturn lena partha hai, even that uturn is chocked in peak ours and a heaven for beggars.
    i once got stuck there, a daewoo bus had hit the footpath and was undriveable, and another bus (also of daewoo) had given up behind it due to a bad clutch. so the u turn was completely blocked....dhakkay lga k buses nikli
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Cr33D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    585
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    it is all about basic civic responsibility and training which is done at home by parents & other family adults. Civic sense is energized & how to be civilized is polished at the schools

    now look at the society, Degrees are piece of paper and available at some price.

    in absence of all above,
    -

    Fear of punishment, Tool of Terror shall be LAW.

    - I hold valid driving licence from 3 countries of the world since past century and yet i'm forced to act as non-sense driver over roads in Pakistan, because if i drive civilized way the motorcyclist, taxi, rickshaw, chingchee minibus coaster truck dumper will not let me survive.

    everyone know over the roads know well .. LAW is ABSENT & Penalty is Rs. 20 ~ 100 tops.

    Punishment means, Rs. 100 for policeman pocket, no court, no jail, no car impound, no suspension / cancellation of driving license, every violation of traffic law is worth Rs. 20 ~ 100 only to get away.

    Unless LAW become terror and fear of punishment prevail, I do not see any HOPE
    Agreed, law should be dominant but again the people who enforce the law are equally the part of the problem.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    subz3r0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    Hi,
    I'm really fed up with the traffic condition of Pakistan, been living in the capital for over a decade now and every day the traffic is getting worse, may daily commute is via Peshawar road, then kashmir highway.

    People flashing their high beams for no apparent reason, higher horsepower cars bullying lower hp cars, the vvip envoys bullying local public, mostly Army, Self proclaimed business men, police, judges, intelligence agency and what not.

    Local public who daily drives are also nuts when it come to peak hours, mostly every one thinks they are the only ones getting late for their errands hence they either drive rash or try to zic zac making a complete mess for others.

    I see people driving over the yellow line marking when the traffic is at halt just to get ahead of few cars, hmm how i'm effected? well here in the pakistan, when the machines and sweepers are cleaning the roads, they pile up all the dust and stack up it against the footpath, our so called expert drivers disperse all the dust on the other cars when they pass though the yellow line...

    Our traffic department isn't upto the mark but they are getting their slowly, recently few changes they made helped the traffic to keep moving, im talking about blocking the turns on golra mor for islamabad. I recently gave a lift to ITP officer and inquired about the traffic situation, he responded we tried everything, people just don't listen, we try to stop people with hids but they just speed off, mostly we are tired because of vvips duties or standing on the signals when there's no electricity.

    Inshort, i really get frustrated when i see educated people not following the law here, they just dont listen and end up swearing at you just because you're following a law which is alien to them.
    Agree 400 % !!!!!

    Sadly laton kay bhoot baton say nahi mantay so unless you physically grab them by their necks, take them out of their cars and beat them they will never understand that this is a problem and their causing nuisance. Aik lagay gi to ussi waqt samajh a jaye gi. (My own opinion)

    And I spotted this guy not a mere 15 minutes ago. Apparently the Corolla guy had put his servant in the trunk who was holding onto the ladder and dragging it back home ... ON PUBLIC ROADS !!!

    Deteriorating traffic situation in Pakistan - 2ec503f79bead8eebad4019232105ace

    Where is this country headed ?

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    hyder_m29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    180
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    For anyone planning to head out in Karachi, Shahrae-Faisal and Karsaz are closed for traffic. Bilawal ****** ******* needed to dance on the streets. Took me 2 hours to get home. I wonder how these jerks don't die horrible deaths from all the collective bad-duas of people stuck in traffic.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    kkoool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    only one solution : Strictness in acquiring a driving License
    AE 86

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamza_xeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,788
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Another thing is if there is a traffic jam on a 2 lane road, people make that into three or four lanes. Why can't we stay in our lanes so then the traffic can move slowly and not come to a halt.
    The men are back. @TGT.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    centos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    606
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It's not just the people. Larger part of the responsibility lies with the govt. They don't make any effort to train their traffic police and the police makes no effort to keep people in check. There is no training or testing facility where people could be trained, tested and issued the driving license. License is for sale, anyone can have it, but no one knows how to drive.

    The following rant is about traffic in Lahore.

    I see people passing through the intersection while the signal is red, turning left from the right lane, or right from the left lane, getting into the right turning lane and when the signal turns green, they keep on going straight causing the 1st lane cars to merge and eventually breaking the flow of the traffic and causing a jam, and police wardens just sit and watch few meters from there.

    Cars squeeze in from the little room you have on the left or right, forcing you to brake and let them go in order to avoid the crash. They keep changing lanes or just drive in the middle of two lanes blocking both lanes.

    Most people don't even know what they are doing is wrong and no one even bothers to stop them and tell them to follow the rules.

    One person breaks the law and no one stops him, soon others follow. If authorities don't do their job, we can't expect people to become saints.

    We need proper maintained and self sustained urban transit systems that cover all routes. When I was in Uni, I remember I could go everywhere in Lahore by getting a bus or a wagon. We had private companies like New Khan and Premier that had Pak Hino buses. They were good, cheap, had to build no special roads for them, govt didn't have to waste any public money.

    Now I have to rely on my car, bike or damn rickshaw to get anywhere. Bikes and rickshaws hog the road, they don't follow any law, they drive in and occupy all lanes, often going at 30-40 km/hr while speed limit is 50-60 km/hr. You often find them blocking even the widest of the roads. A bike is overtaking rickshaw thats parked on the side of the road blocking one lane, while another bike is overtaking this bike while a rickshaw is overtaking that bike while another rickshaw is overtaking that rickshaw and they successfully manage to block a 4 lane road limiting max speed to 40 km/hr while most cars stuck behind can do 80km/hr easily on those roads.

    We need to increase the average speed of the traffic. The sooner people get home or to their destinations, the less traffic we have on the roads. We need to educate the slow drivers to keep the speed limit and be in left lane. Let the faster vehicles use 1st and 2nd lanes.

    We need to put a ban on rickshaws to use major roads like canal road and ferozpur road etc and increase the speed limit of these roads to 80 km/hr. We need to build the flow of the traffic. We need to educate people not to drive too close, keep their lanes unless they want to make a turn, keep up with the flow of the traffic, give way when getting on a road, and not to park on the road side. Once this is done we can safely manage higher speeds.

    We need to put the traffic police off the roads manning the signals, they should be in unmarked cars driving like any other car mixed into the traffic, so when they spot a violation they put their lights on and pull over the naughty driver.

    Otherwise, chahey 20 lanes ki road banado, our people will manage to jam that road too.

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    zee5han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Traffic of Lahore is horrible , I used to curse Islamabad traffic but 1 weekend in Lahore traffic and now I am happy how good of a traffic we have

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My greatest wish.
    Need a good old jeep. The real metel hardcore carburettor old fashioned jeep in good nick to drive peacefully.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,596
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    sir mai ap k dukh ki mai shareek houn takleef samhaj sakta houn magar, eik khusray ko ap nai izaat [ as underline ] sai pukara, mujhay iss par ayteraaz hai aysai logoun ki taraf munh kar k sho sho karna halal hai magar itni izzat sai pukarana gunah hai

    [ fatwa azz moulana mufti capsat panday web book Izzat k standards reference post #17 ]



    Quote Originally Posted by hyder_m29 View Post
    For anyone planning to head out in Karachi, Shahrae-Faisal and Karsaz are closed for traffic. Bilawal haraami benchood needed to dance on the streets. Took me 2 hours to get home. I wonder how these jerks don't die horrible deaths from all the collective bad-duas of people stuck in traffic.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    hyder_m29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    180
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    sir mai ap k dukh ki mai shareek houn takleef samhaj sakta houn magar, eik khusray ko ap nai izaat [ as underline ] sai pukara, mujhay iss par ayteraaz hai aysai logoun ki taraf munh kar k sho sho karna halal hai magar itni izzat sai pukarana gunah hai

    [ fatwa azz moulana mufti capsat panday web book Izzat k standards reference post #17 ]
    Cheek ayee nae, alhamdullillah se pehle fatwa nikal diya maulana saab ne

    [Censored out the profanities in my previous post]

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    zamza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dinga
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    suggestion for you visit once Russian and you'll not complain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •