Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Deteriorating traffic situation in Pakistan

Hi,
    I'm really fed up with the traffic condition of Pakistan, been living in the capital for over a decade now and every day the traffic is getting worse, may daily commute is via Peshawar road, then kashmir highway.

People flashing their high beams for no apparent reason, higher horsepower cars bullying lower hp cars, the vvip envoys bullying local public, mostly Army, Self proclaimed business men, police, judges, intelligence agency and what not.

Local public who daily drives are also nuts when it come to peak hours, mostly every one thinks they are the only ones getting late for their errands hence they either drive rash or try to zic zac making a complete mess for others.

I see people driving over the yellow line marking when the traffic is at halt just to get ahead of few cars, hmm how i'm effected? well here in the pakistan, when the machines and sweepers are cleaning the roads, they pile up all the dust and stack up it against the footpath, our so called expert drivers disperse all the dust on the other cars when they pass though the yellow line...

Our traffic department isn't upto the mark but they are getting their slowly, recently few changes they made helped the traffic to keep moving, im talking about blocking the turns on golra mor for islamabad. I recently gave a lift to ITP officer and inquired about the traffic situation, he responded we tried everything, people just don't listen, we try to stop people with hids but they just speed off, mostly we are tired because of vvips duties or standing on the signals when there's no electricity.

Inshort, i really get frustrated when i see educated people not following the law here, they just dont listen and end up swearing at you just because you're following a law which is alien to them.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

& whats wrong in russia ?

- rural localities are alike across the world, jay walking is very common factor if you consider people bumping into cars & calling up police for 'muk-muka' thats one reason DASHCAMS are very common in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by zamza View Post
    suggestion for you visit once Russian and you'll not complain
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir wajah ay-fatwa ap ki language nai, ghalat bunday ki izzat afzai thee ..ap tou naraz ho gai next time please use both words for the right people

Quote Originally Posted by hyder_m29 View Post
    Cheek ayee nae, alhamdullillah se pehle fatwa nikal diya maulana saab ne

[Censored out the profanities in my previous post]
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    & whats wrong in russia ?

- rural localities are alike across the world, jay walking is very common factor if you consider people bumping into cars & calling up police for 'muk-muka' thats one reason DASHCAMS are very common in Russia
    there are thousands of road rage videos on YouTube from Russia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please read carefully , the discussion is about Pakistan and how can it be improved

Deteriorating traffic situation in Pakistan -1720482

derailing a thread may lead to closure, please avoid it and participate in healthy way,

Quote Originally Posted by zamza View Post
    there are thousands of road rage videos on YouTube from Russia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    it is all about basic civic responsibility and training which is done at home by parents & other family adults. Civic sense is energized & how to be civilized is polished at the schools

now look at the society, Degrees are piece of paper and available at some price.

in absence of all above,
    -

Fear of punishment, Tool of Terror shall be LAW.

- I hold valid driving licence from 3 countries of the world since past century and yet i'm forced to act as non-sense driver over roads in Pakistan, because if i drive civilized way the motorcyclist, taxi, rickshaw, chingchee minibus coaster truck dumper will not let me survive.

everyone know over the roads know well .. LAW is ABSENT & Penalty is Rs. 20 ~ 100 tops.

Punishment means, Rs. 100 for policeman pocket, no court, no jail, no car impound, no suspension / cancellation of driving license, every violation of traffic law is worth Rs. 20 ~ 100 only to get away.

Unless LAW become terror and fear of punishment prevail, I do not see any HOPE
    Strongly agree with you on the highlighted part, if we drive in a civil manner others take full advantage of your civilness mainly being taxis and motorbikers main thing is patience which has a limit and the fact of the matter is that we all run out of patience sooner or later.
    ѕαмму

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bringing other countries traffic police and technology may improve, many countries do that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh god, as the winter approaches, most of us would be returning home at night time, roads are mostly clogged after 6PM and it's a nightmare to drive under lights as there always an idiot present on the road who is driving on high beams. No matter how much i signal them to turn their high beams off, they just don't listen.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The major reason for traffic mess is overcrowding in Pakistan. Our big cities are expanding due to massive migration from the small cities and the big cities are not planned to accomodate this population.

Talking of Lahore specifically, some 15 years ago not even dogs would dare go beyond Shaukat Khanum Hospital after dark and now its a nightmare to drive there. So people are not to be blamed entirely for this situation. Developed countries find it hard to cope with rush as well.

For example in a small city in US one can observe that the people are generally patient, they let you pass and almost never honk and the traffic looks very organised. Whereas in New York city the drivers are not very patient and you see traffic jams and people honking.

The traffic is 100 times better than what you see in Pakistan but still one can clearly see overcrowding doing its charms.
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think an educational reform is well due as well. If our children in school are reading stories and seeing videos from an early age on how bad drivers are a**holes who hurt everyone else around them, they will be be more likely to take that lesson to heart and remember it. Additionally it wouldn't hurt to add traffic rules to school curriculum and examinations etc., just make it a part of english/urdu reading and comprehension.

Our generation (20 - 30) and the older generations are gone cases, i.e. those who have been acting like an*l plugs their entire life are not going to change and our law isn't going to improve as long as the current system of governance (VIP culture, public servants treated like gods etc.) prevails.

One can only hope that by changing the mindset of younger generations, we can at least hope for a better future for them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yahan gaari nhi chalani prti, practically lrna prta hai har kisi se.

Under-speeding is more of a issue in Pakistan than over-speeding.

Personal observation: Floor your car, drive like a maniac and everyone will give you way. Don't follow this extensively though, just test it because if everyone starts to do this then things will get a lot messier.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i went to show room on jail road, the dealer was almost crying that aaj kal sale bohat kam hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is there a high way code driving lessons tests b4 giving licence to driver?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently came back from Dubai, though I was not successful in obtaining the driver's license because of urgent return back to country. But I learnt a lot from the common mistakes we Pakistanis commit in driving everyday.

I apply what I learnt from driving in a civilized manner, But every time on the road people make me feel like I am the only one who is crazy here. Driver does not give a sh*t about anything here, no adherence to basic traffic rules. They go by easily into a jammed intersection whether the traffic light is red, does not care about road shoulder, solid line. They think when they are giving the indicator to change line now its their right to change whenever they want without thinking how far the vehicle in that lane is. They have no idea about the right of way.

Even today morning I was approaching 7th avenue from Shakarparian, Islamabad while I was about to cross the second signal a guy in white Cultus approached from left merging lane, supposedly he stop and wait for the lane to clear and them merge, he horned and abused me for not giving him the way. Later i figured out he wanted to take a right turn from the intersection towards Abpara, and he wanted it from the free lane that is on extreme left of the road. Wow how civilized is that?

The other day I was approaching the T junction in the through road towards Blue Area, A taxi guy coming from F-7 using bridge over the 7th Avenue and without stopping or slowing down he approached and came right in front of me. I stopped the car along his and asked are you Ok? I was surprised to see his response when he said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU SLOW DOWN." LOL. I replied I wish you had basic schooling to understand the right of way concept.

Other than public, the system has lots of problems. No proper road marking, No lane dividers, no sign boards etc. The license issuing must be very very strict as the traffic is increasing day by day. The amount of fine is way too low, In Dubai if you cross a red signal the fine will be AED 800 around PKR 23,000. Just If we do not act now in coming years the traffic will be doubled or tripled in numbers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The traffic situation clearly shows how undisciplined nation we are... so whom YOU are blaming for?

ab kuch h@#@m z@d@y poochain g@y is ka matlab kia hai?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    Oh god, as the winter approaches, most of us would be returning home at night time, roads are mostly clogged after 6PM and it's a nightmare to drive under lights as there always an idiot present on the road who is driving on high beams. No matter how much i signal them to turn their high beams off, they just don't listen.
    In Rawalpindi, only an idiot? In Karachi, the traffic coming behind you consist of fully qualified idiots- always on high beams... even bikers are now using HIDs. Specially new corolla owners are super idiots, they always drive on high beams, they drive slow in fast lanes, and if someone comes infront of them, horn, HID blinking and a hurry starts like they are 'prgnnt' and going on in a process of delivery.but after driving in Lahore, I respect people and bikers in Karachi, how saint they are as compared to Lahore.
    Always remember, the best things in life are not things.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One day on Margalla road, a black Corolla which was behind me started flashing headlights like mad. I noticed it was being driven by a lady. I was in the right lane and approaching the round about. I thought this was not a good time to change lanes. I signalled to her by hand to overtake from other side, if she was in hurry. She overtook me, gave many dirty and long looks (I am a senior citizen with white hair by the way) and then came in front of me and braked hard and slowed down. We nearly missed an accident.

I spend at least two months a year in USA and over there nobody flashes the lights at anybody, irrespective of which lane you are driving in. People just change to other lane and overtake.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Meanwhile ... The traffic police is sleeping ...If only they imposed heavy fines this traffic problem could be solved within days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please be aware that you are in 3rd world uncivilized country so don't expect more,

in Pakistan before you drive off you must check your horn is working properly and it must be replaced with giant heavy vehicle horn that's all you need

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List