Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

There is considerable time left in the start of the season but there are a lot of news coming through. So, just like last time we had a single thread about F1 2006 season I am starting this thread for the 2007 Season. This will allow all of us to discuss things at one place.

My request to all the F1 fans, please post F1 2007 related stuff here.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    we also saw a white civic 2007 as selp support vehicle at kubicas crash scene :-D
    Alpha Romeo 156

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as the indianapolis is concerned, this time it wont be that much typical or expected like in the past years as for the Ferrari and Schumi dominance. Even last year schumi won their with 6 cars racing, the cars using michellins cant withstand the track.

So it wud be a different US GP this year, with the new driving sensation on top of his game. YOu know wht do I mean...

Well, because of kubica out of the grid, so did ya guys notice a newbie in F1 even younger than the Mighty Lewis.

Am talking abt Sebastien Vetteil , he is the german lewis hamilton and drives pretty gud. And one cud put his stakes on him too.

You never knows.

If there wud nt be a mishap or anything un predictable, then for sure it wud be like.

1 lewis
    2 alonso
    3 masa
    4kimi
    5 nick
    and so on..

Well now the FIA rules are very strict and have been revised this year in many things. So the thing to look out is the usage of tyres.

As every car has to use both soft and hard compound tyres in a race atleast once.

And having soft tyres are gud for this particular track.(much faster)

So, lets wait and watch.

My money is on one man.
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -728887
    Turn on Inspiration. Turn off Blur.

Burn Rubber Not your soul.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnx for the correction mate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup.. Montreal was very entertaining. Lets see what happens tonight. I will be happy as long as there's good racing to witness. Surely, this trach is one of my favorites if not the most.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

like the track basically for its home stretch/starting grid
    gives the nascar feel you know
    anyway should be gud race 2nite
    music,cars,music,cars,music,cars and food

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Hamilton
    2. Alonso
    3. Massa
    4. Raikkonen

A really good race. I am starting to really like this guy Hamilton. He dealt with Alonso very easily and today proved that he is the better of the two. Alonso, well, he's got the same problem that Kimi has at Ferrari. The lesser drivers are outperforming the stars. I have to say after Micheal Schumacher F1 is in good hands.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MS was F1 GOD
    u cant replace F1-GOD with some one timers.
    time will tell,

MS legacy shall live.
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cannot agree more. But what I said was that things havent been catastrophic. As a Schumacher fan I could never have thaught of enjoying this season. But tell you what, I am. So things are going along pretty nicely.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lewis hamilton wins the amercian gp
    followed by team mate alonso
    massa and raikonnen to follow

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hope these few days of testing prove to be fruitful for Ferrari, because a fighting Ferrari team would make things even more interesting. Today's race was indeed about the battle of team mates, but nothing will be better than a Ferrari vs Mclaren challenge. I would have loved to see Hamilton fight it out with Massa at the first turn.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Deadline looms for future of F1 at Indy

Indianapolis Motor Speedway owner Tony George is hopeful the US Grand Prix would remain on the Formula One schedule and on his famed track following talks with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone.

The two met twice ahead of Sunday's US Grand Prix and discussed a new contract for the race to return. The first deal signed in 2000 expired last year when a one-year extension was signed.

George wants a long-term deal while Ecclestone has said a US race was not vital to F1. Both have agreed upon a July 12 deadline to strike a new deal.

"We still don't know the future but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to announce soon that we'll be continuing," George said. "I am positive about the discussions we've had.

"I just wish I could control all of the aspects of it, which I don't. I genuinely think that Bernie and 90 percent of the people involved in Formula One would like to see it work out so that we can continue here."

George wants long-term assurance the race will stay in Indy so he can build upon the framework established since it was revived here in 2000 on a specially made course incorporating some of the famed facility's 2 1/2-mile oval.

"I'm not just talking about the economic impact, but it would be a terrible thing to lose it. There's more to it than just that, more to it from our standpoint, from Formula One's standpoint," George said.

"We want the community to embrace this race and we want to give it the kind of attention it deserves, but we need to know where we are. We can't just keep going and we need to know what it is we're building on.

"The United States is trying to understand Formula One more and Formula One is trying to understand the United States more. It has been a challenging seven years but a very worthwhile seven years.

"We've learned a lot and I think we know what we need to be successful and now we need just to pull all the pieces together so that we can be successful in the future."

George said a reason for not making a longer deal sooner was to see how the F1 series would handle other issues, such as shifting race venues and a rival bid to stage a world-class race series.

"If they didn't want to work with us they wouldn't have had to," George said. "Everybody wants long-term because it's good for planning purposes, but in this case we wanted to see where things were going and they recognized that.

"I'm happy to work with them and I think they're happy to work with us."

Source AFP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No green light for night Malaysia GP yet

Organisers of the Malaysian Grand Prix are still not ready to commit to staging a night race as early as next year.

Like fellow Formula One promoters in Australia, the event in Sepang is negotiating for a new contract beyond 2010, with Bernie Ecclestone lobbying hard to floodlit venues in the southern hemisphere, such as Singapore, to give F1's key European audience a better live timeslot.

The Sepang circuit's Datuk Mokhzani Tun Mahathir, however, told the Malaysian news agency Bernama that officials are 'still studying' the night racing concept.

"We have to look at various aspects like the lighting that is suitable for the circuit," he said.
    "Safety is paramount in F1 racing, more so (for) night racing."

The FIA conducted its first floodlit tests with the Safety Car at Indianapolis two weeks ago, and more detailed evaluation is expected shortly given that the initial results were positive.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa and Raikkonen confident of gains

The Ferrari team are confident that they have taken a step forward with the F2007 package after a three day test last week at Silverstone. Felipe Massa, third in the standings with 39 points, said that the revised aero package improved the balance of the car. Kimi Raikkonen, fourth in the standings with 32 points, said it was a 'perfect week' and that he is now more comfortable with his car.

Heading to Magny Cours, the team will be aiming to secure their first win since the Spanish Grand Prix and close the 35 point deficit to rivals McLaren Mercedes.

Felipe Massa
    "When you look back to Canada, maybe we were not quite as quick as the McLarens, but in the race I was ahead of Alonso and maybe I could have finished on the podium, which would have been a good result, even if it had not been possible to win. Our aim there was to get as many points as possible, even if we could not match the pace of our competitor. But what happened there, when I was basically disqualified because of missing a light, which cannot be seen as a dangerous thing, I still find hard to deal with. But let's forget about that now."

"As for Indy, we looked slightly more competitive, if not quite on the pace of our rivals. Finishing on the podium was not a complete disaster. Looking back at the last two races, if it had not been for that problem in Montreal, then the championship would still be completely open.
    Now, it is still open, but not looking quite so straightforward and we have to be careful not to make any mistakes."

"If you look at the recent past championships, sometimes we had two weekends better than Renault and sometimes it was the other way round. The competition was very close right to the end of the season. This time, even if our rivals have been better than us over the past couple of races, I think we can fight back and that is what we have been working towards back at the factory and over the past three days at Silverstone."

"I think we have some good ideas for the next upcoming races, which can change the situation. But we have to ensure we make no more mistakes and it would be nice to think it is time for our rivals to make some mistakes to give us a bit of breathing space. At Silverstone, we tried a new aero package and I immediately felt it was working well and I was very happy with the balance of my F2007."

"Magny Cours and the French Grand Prix could be a good weekend for us. Last year, I finished on the podium and it was the start of a good run for me in the second half of the championship as things started to come right for us."

Read More

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

F1 French GP Preview
    :

Time to be bold at Magny Cours!
    French GP - Preview
    27/06/07 17:17

Following the two races on North American lands, which saw Lewis Hamilton take his maiden win in Canada and a subsequent victory in the United States, the Formula 1 circus now returns to the Old Continent.

More precisely, France will be hosting the season's eighth round this week-end on the Magny Cours circuit - most likely the last time a Grand Prix will be presented on the track as it is widely believed the event will be moved to the Paris region.

Up to this point, Hamilton's run has been unprecedented for a rookie: seven podiums in seven races. His current tally of two victories bring him at par with double World Champion and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso, yet his string of constant podium finishes place him in the lead of the championship by a full 10 points.

The overall results are just as good for the McLaren team, which has always managed to bring both its cars across the finish line since the beginning of the season, accomplishing three 1-2's in the process. The British team has solidly turned the page on last year's lack of success, when it was not able to claim victory on a single race for the first time in a decade as reliability issues and bad luck plagued almost every effort.

The grey cloud is above Fernando Alonso's head, who must be thinking hard about Hamilton's lead in the points, even if he is next in the rankings. With McLaren's reliability and the rookie's talent, the struggle to the top will be quite a challenge.

Similar story for Ferrari and its drivers. After a strong start, both Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen have since fallen a bit behind, incapable of contesting their rivals' performances.

The solution for Alonso, Massa and Raikkonen seems to head in the same direction: it's time to start taking risks if either one wants to get ahead of Hamilton's pace. Grabbing pole position, aggressive driving, the calculated risk of an additional pit stop – all must be considered to retake the lead.

Behind the battling Silver Arrows and red cars, the BMW Sauber team is gearing up, with some analysts considering that it could regularly beat Ferrari before the end of the season thanks to its well-planned development programme. Meanwhile, Renault is slowly recovering from its slip down the grid.

With many new aerodynamic changes being fitted on the cars for the French event, a few surprises might appear. Honda in particular is reported to be in much better condition in that regard, as last week's test sessions showed relevant pace improvement. It now remains to be seen if test results will transform into race results......................

Read More

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

French Grand Prix:
    Magny Course
    :

Previous Results.

2006 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2005 F. Alonso (Renault)
    2004 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2003 R. Schumacher (Williams)
    2002 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2001 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2000 D. Coulthard (McLaren)
    1999 H-H. Frentzen (Jordan)
    1998 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    1997 M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    1996 D. Hill (Williams)
    1995 M. Schumacher (Benetton)
    1994 M. Schumacher (Benetton)

The great Michael Schumacher has one it 8 times.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are Ferrari Back?

Practice 1: [/
    b]

[b] Ferrari showing good form at Magny Cours

French GP - First practice

29/06/07 11:43

Ferrari dominated the opening practice session of the French Grand Prix with Kimi Raikkonen setting the pace from Felipe Massa. The Italian team, and Raikkonen in particular, were upbeat following the three-day test at Silverstone last week and this morning the team enjoyed a seven-tenth of a second advantage over its nearest rival.

Raikkonen led the way with a best lap of 1:15.382s with Massa just 0.065s adrift in the sister F2007. Over at McLaren Mercedes there were mechanical problems for Lewis Hamilton early on, while Fernando Alonso would end the 90-minute session third fastest on a 1:16.154s best.

Hamilton’s MP4-22 ground to a halt on his first timed lap of the session. With the help of a recovery vehicle, the car was soon back in the pit. Hamilton completed another run with the car seemingly off the pace before additional work by the mechanics would rectify the problem. Hamilton still managed a good number of laps on his way to the sixth fastest time.

Nico Rosberg and Alex Wurz put in fast laps right at the end of the session to move firmly into the top ten. Rosberg set the fourth fastest time with Wurz eighth fastest. David Coulthard was another to go for a speedy lap in the closing minutes as he set the fifth fastest time in his Red Bull Renault.

Nick Heidfeld was a solid seventh best in his BMW Sauber while Robert Kubica drove his first laps since his Montreal accident and set the ninth fastest time. Jarno Trulli ran well throughout the session in his Toyota and was only bumped down to tenth position late in the session by those opting for a new tyre late run.

Tonio Liuzzi took P11 in his Toro Rosso Ferrari with team-mate Speed in the 15th position. Takuma Sato was the fastest Honda powered driver with the 12th fastest time just ahead of Rubens Barrichello, Jenson Button, Speed and Anthony Davidson.

Ralf Schumacher was 17th in his Toyota, half a second off team-mate Trulli while Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen were just 18th and 19th fastest for Renault ahead of Mark Webber. Christijan Albers survived an off at the fast Estoril turn on his way to 21st in his Spyker Ferrari while Adrian Sutil sat out much of the session before some laps in the final minutes.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Practice 2

Ferrari dominate day one
    French GP - Second practice
    29/06/07 15:49

Kimi Raikkonen’s morning best of 1:15.382s remained unbeaten this afternoon in the second 90-minute practice session of the day. Felipe Massa topped the timesheets this afternoon with a best lap of 1:15.453s with Raikkonen just fractions of a second slower. Once again the Italian team seemed able to set fast laps at will and enjoyed a three-tenth of a second advantage over the rest of the field.

It is always difficult to read much into the Friday practice times, but it is clear that at this circuit, Ferrari is looking in very strong form. Rather harder to predict is the performance of those expected to run in the lower mid-field who ran a different strategy this afternoon.

Scott Speed lapped just over three tenths off Massa’s best to record the third fastest lap of the session with Toro Rosso Ferrari team-mate Tonio Liuzzi fifth fastest. Undoubtedly the team attempted a run on a light fuel load to achieve those times.

Lewis Hamilton had a few issues with his McLaren Mercedes as the mechanical problem that limited his morning run seemed to re-occur late in the session. The Montreal and Indianapolis winner managed the fourth fastest time with team-mate Fernando Alonso, who had a wild ride through the gravel trap at Imola, seventh fastest.

David Coulthard, fifth fastest this morning, set the sixth best time this afternoon while team-mate Mark Webber lost the second half of the session after his Red Bull Renault ground to a halt with a mechanical problem.
    Webber dropped from tenth on the timesheets to 16th.

Nico Rosberg was again showing well for Williams Toyota with the seventh fastest time while Anthony Davidson and Ralf Schumacher rounded out the top ten for Super Aguri Honda and Toyota.

Renault did not show a great deal of pace today with Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen ended the first day with the 11th and 17th best times respectively. It was a similar situation at BMW Sauber with Robert Kubica 12th fastest and Nick Heidfeld, running just a limited number of laps due to back pain, 19th.

Alex Wurz was 13th best in the second Williams Toyota ahead of Jarno Trulli in his Toyota. Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello were a low-key 15th and 18th for Honda while Takuma Sato completed more laps than anyone else, but was just 20th on the timesheets. Christijan Albers sat out much of the session, presumably with a mechanical issue, and was slowest of all in his Spyker behind team-mate Adrian Sutil.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More News:

Mechanical problems for Hamilton
    Engine cooling issues in practice
    29/06/07 13:28

Ferrari set an ominous pace on Friday as championship leader Lewis Hamilton struck technical trouble during opening practice for the French Grand Prix.

Under overcast skies, Hamilton's stricken McLaren was hauled onto a flat-bed truck and returned to the pits shortly into the 90-minute session at Magny Cours.

The Briton got back into action later and set only the sixth quickest time, behind the dominant Ferraris, team-mate Fernando Alonso, Nico Rosberg (Williams) and Red Bull's David Coulthard.

A spokesman for Mercedes-Benz said of Hamilton's problem: "The engine protection system kicked in because the engine was too cool. We have changed the level of temperature and everything is okay."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lewis said its not impossible to overtake on magny cours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All I am waiting for is a good race. The last three races were one sided. One team mate fighting the other. I am hoping to see some good old flat out stuff this Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List