Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

There is considerable time left in the start of the season but there are a lot of news coming through. So, just like last time we had a single thread about F1 2006 season I am starting this thread for the 2007 Season. This will allow all of us to discuss things at one place.

My request to all the F1 fans, please post F1 2007 related stuff here.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari to unveil new F1 car on January 14

Ferrari will unveil their new car for the 2007 Formula One season on Sunday, January 14, Italian news agency ANSA said on Sunday.

The presentation will take place at the Fiorano test track close to the Italian team's Maranello plant, near the northern city of Bologna. The following day the new car will be taken for its first test drive by Brazilian Felipe Massa.

Last season Ferrari finished second behind Renault in both the drivers' and constructors' championships.
    Cliquez ici...

Finn Kimi Raikkonen has replaced seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher as Ferrari's number one driver following the German's retirement at the end of last season.

Source AFP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Williams, Honda, reveal 2007 launch dates

Two more Formula One teams have revealed dates for the launch of their cars for 2007.

Williams' newly Toyota-powered FW29 will be unveiled at the Grove based team's English factory on 2 February, before it is tested for the first time on the same day at Jerez in Spain.

The new 'RA107' Honda, meanwhile, will make its track debut on 24-25 January at Barcelona, but a new livery will not be revealed until a separate event in February.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indy to reveal 'F1 future' next Thursday

The future of the United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis could be clearer by the end of next week.

The President of the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Joie Chitwood, will address 'the future of Formula One in the US' next Thursday at the city's Marian College, the newspaper Indy Star reported.

Race officials and Bernie Ecclestone last August penned only a one year deal for a US Grand Prix in 2007.

Speedway CEO Tony George at the time cautioned that the deal is short because "there are too many unanswered questions to commit any longer than that".
    Cliquez ici...

He was referring to the sport's previously unresolved commercial and regulatory situation, but F1's relationship with Indianapolis was badly damaged when fourteen Michelin-shod cars pulled out of the 2005 race.

E.A.
    Source GMM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sport to bounce back post-Schumacher

With Michael Schumacher no longer competing in Formula One, fears that German fans will switch off from the sport are wide of the mark according to BMW Motorsport boss Mario Theissen.

“Most definitely he will be missed in the first half of the season,” Theissen told the BMW Sauber website. “It will feel strange. On the other hand, there are so many young talents on the grid that the excitement will be even bigger, from my point of view,”

“History has demonstrated again and again that the gap left by the retirement of a top driver was closed quicker than expected.
    Cliquez ici...

As it stands, Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen and Adrian Sutil will start their first Grand Prix in Australia on 18th March.

E.A.
    Source BMW Sauber

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

F1 needs more small teams - Donnelly

Former Grand Prix driver Martin Donnelly thinks there are not enough small teams in Formula One.

The 42-year-old Irishman, who in 1990 survived a horrific crash at Jerez in which he was ejected from the seat of his Lotus, is today a champion for the cause of up-and-coming racers.

Donnelly holds the title of 'driver development manager' for the World Series by Renault team Comtec, and remarked that Formula One is a 'victim of its own success.'

"The big teams leave very little of the cake for anyone else.
    Cliquez ici...
    F1 needs more teams who can give a chance to rising talents," he told the magazine Eurosport MotorMagazin.

Donnelly competed in 15 Grand Prix in 1989 and 1990.

E.A.
    Source GMM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Launch season set to blast off

Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren & BMW set to launch

F1's annual launch season is about to kick off.

On Friday, Toyota will become the first of its ten rivals to unveil a 2007 car, when the wraps come off the TF107 at Expo XXI in Cologne.

Team racer Ralf Schumacher reportedly conducted system checks at the wheel of the new single seater at Paul Ricard (France) on Tuesday.

Ferrari will launch its unnamed challenger at Maranello on Sunday, although it is rumoured that the only glimpse of the machine for the assembled media will be in the form of official photographs.

While Felipe Massa then gives the Ferrari its track debut at Fiorano on Monday, McLaren will be launching the newly-Vodafone liveried MP4-22.

World champion Fernando Alonso will start testing the Mercedes-powered car at Valencia on Wednesday, a day after BMW Sauber reveals its F1.07 at the same circuit in Spain.

Over at the Jerez circuit, photographers will snap at the R27 Renault for the first time, even though the official Amsterdam launch will take place a week later.

Also around 24-25 January, Honda's new RA107 will see the light of day at the northern Barcelona venue Circuit de Catalunya, with a separate livery launch to take place some time in February.

Red Bull and Toro Rosso are expected to get their Adrian Newey-inspired cars up and running in early February. Red Bull's RB3 could be the first to hit a track, possibly in late January, and Super Aguri have similarly not released any launch details.

"Most of the teams are getting their cars in late January," Toro Rosso's Scott Speed said at a motorcycle racing event in California, "so we're going to know exactly what our goals are going to be (for 2007) at the beginning of February."

On February 2, Williams' Toyota-powered FW29 will be launched at Grove ahead of a maiden test at Jerez, and the 2007 Spyker is also heading for an early February date.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen determined to fit in at Ferrari

Appearing at his first official press conference for Ferrari on Wednesday, Kimi Raikkonen dismissed suggestions that he will struggle to find his feet at the Italian team, following his much-anticipated move from McLaren.

"When I first went to the (Ferrari) factory and for the test I noticed the atmosphere is different, is very good," explained Raikkonen. “People always said it was going to be very difficult with Ferrari, but from what I saw, it's been the complete opposite, so I only have good things to say about it. I don't see any problems between me and the team and how we work together."

Raikkonen was also quick to play down media claims that he could have a hard time stepping into Michael Schumacher’s shoes - and that his more laid-back attitude to racing could come as a shock to a team more used to his predecessor’s clinical approach.

“We need to work together as well as we can,” said the Finn. “We need to change the way we work together. I am not Michael Schumacher and the team doesn't expect me to be. They know that I work in a different way and we just need to find the best and most effective way to work together.

“Of course, coming here, people are always comparing to the previous driver who was Michael, the main guy in Formula One for many years. It's normal that people are expecting and comparing me but I don't feel it. I just do my own thing and work on my own way.”

Raikkonen will make his Ferrari test debut later this month, following the expected launch of the team’s new car at their Maranello base this weekend.

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691438

Source F1.com
    Turn on Inspiration. Turn off Blur.

Burn Rubber Not your soul.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso begins work at McLaren

World champion Fernando Alonso has made his first visit as a McLaren driver to the team’s UK base. Alonso, who officially joined his new employers on January 1, spent Monday at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking as the team prepare to resume their winter testing schedule.

Alonso took part in a simulation programme as he worked with engineers ahead of the launch of the team’s new car later this month. The Spaniard also had a final seat fitting for the MP4-22, which will be unveiled to the press in Valencia on Monday, January 15.

Alonso is expected to begin testing at the Spanish circuit on the Wednesday following the launch. He has already enjoyed one day at the wheel for McLaren after previous employers Renault gave him special permission to test with his new team at Jerez last month.

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691449

Source F1.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Williams to launch new car in February

The car Williams will use to contest the 2007 Formula One world championship will be unveiled at the team’s UK headquarters on Friday, February 2. The day after the presentation, the FW29 will journey from Williams’ Grove factory to Spain’s Jerez circuit where it will make its test debut the following week.

The new car will be powered by a Toyota engine, after Williams signed a three-year supply agreement with the Japanese company last July. After a trying 2006 season, it is hoped the new car and engine package will stimulate a marked improvement in the team’s results.

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691453

Source F1.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota donate car to FIA safety programme

Toyota are to present the FIA Institute with a Formula One car to be used for its driver extrication training programme for medical and safety officials working in single-seater racing around the world.

The TF105 show car will be handed over to the Institute by Toyota team principal Tsutomu Tomita at the inaugural FIA Institute Safety Summit at the Paul Ricard circuit in France on January 18.

“We are grateful for the support that the FIA Institute has received from Toyota in helping us to achieve our safety training objectives,” said Professor Gerard Saillant, Deputy President of the FIA Institute. “The generous donation of an F1 car will help to enhance the training of motor sport safety officials.”

The Toyota will be used to improve techniques of driver extrication following accidents. With its roll-hoop camera removed, the chassis has been specially modified with a jig fitted to allow the FIA Institute to easily roll the car upside down.

It features a modified driver’s seat to fit a crash test dummy into the cockpit and a dummy steering wheel. Instead of an engine, a steel frame has been included in the rear of the car to simulate the size and weight of a Formula One engine.

“I am very pleased to be able to hand over this car to the FIA Institute and contribute to the future of safety in Formula One,” said Tomita. “Safety is very important to us and we will do whatever we can to help the FIA and the FIA Institute in their work to make Formula One and motorsport in general safer.”

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691454

Source F1.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ah! its great to see the future champion is
    red
    . I can't wait to see him kick A**.

@ZORIX

Good updates bro! keep them coming...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wraps come off the TF107

Toyota launch 2007 challenger

Toyota today unveiled its new TF107 challenger at the Expo XXI conference centre in Cologne, Germany.

Toyota is the only one of the 11 F1 teams to go into the new season with the same engine, the same tyre partner, and the same two race drivers. That unique degree of continuity will enable the team to hit the ground running and build on the experience gained over recent seasons.

Toyota has ambitious goals in Formula 1 and is aiming for success in 2007. “Our fundamental challenge this year is to get the first victory,” says Chairman and Team Principal Tsutomu Tomita.

“We announced that a year ago, but we failed to succeed in 2006. And therefore we want to repeat that challenge in 2007. I know all the other teams are working very hard, particularly the top three. We have five years experience in F1, but still we are young in comparison with the top teams, therefore we have to be modest about it. But we would like to challenge them.

“I’m very, very positive about this, and I personally think we should attack from round one. Therefore it’s very important to conduct some productive testing during the winter to fully understand the car and the tyres.”

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691613

The team has been strengthened in its quest for success by the arrival of George Tadashi Yamashina, who took over as Vice Chairman of Toyota Motorsport in December.
    Yamashina will compliment the roles of Tomita and President John Howett, forming a management trio to lead Panasonic Toyota Racing to success.

“Tomita-san, John and myself are like three arrows in the Japanese saying – one arrow breaks easily, two is harder to break and with three arrows you cannot break them,” he says. “Of course I am excited by the task. Whenever I get an assignment, no matter how hard the challenge is, I am happy. That is my attitude.

“The most important target to aim for this season is the first victory for Toyota in Formula 1,” he said. “We want to be on the top step of the podium. We have improved in all areas, aerodynamics, suspension and gear change.”

Last year the team did not meet its high expectations it had after success in 2005 but there is great confidence that the TF107 will see Toyota competing at the front again.

“Our ambition has always been to win – that to me is why we are here and why we are racing,” agrees Howett. “I think we built a fairly good platform in 2005, and last year we didn’t move forward sufficiently from that platform. I think in terms of speed we had the third quickest package on the grid.

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691614

Continued...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

“Looking at race pace and qualifying pace, we were closing the gap on Renault towards the end of the season, but Ferrari was still in front. Although the results didn’t show it, I think we are now capable of running with the top teams in terms of speed.”

The team had a frustrating 2006 season but, in the spirit of kaizen , or continuous improvement, the new car benefits from all the knowledge and experience gained. With the right people in place and the will to win, the TF107 is the product of the team’s potential.

“We have addressed reliability this year,” Howett confirms. “And we have resolved issues like the launch system, which we fixed at the end of last season, and which cost us dearly. We’re improving the car, flat out, all the time. So I think we have the potential to win this year, and I’m disappointed that we didn’t deliver it in 2006.”

To read more CLICK HERE

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -691620

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

TF107 Technical Specifications

Monocoque construction - Moulded carbon fibre and honeycomb construction
    Fuel tank - ATL safety cell
    Front suspension - Carbon fibre double wishbone arrangement, with carbon fibre trackrod and pushrod.
    Rear suspension - Carbon fibre double wishbone arrangement, with carbon fibre toe link and pushrod.
    Dampers - Penske
    Wheels - BBS forged magnesium
    Tyres - Bridgestone Potenza
    Brake callipers - Brembo
    Brake master cylinders - Brembo
    Braking material - Hitco (carbon/carbon)
    Steering - Toyota power-assisted steering
    Steering wheel - Toyota carbon fibre wheel with Toyota / Magneti Marelli instrument
    Drivers seat - Carbon fibre construction, moulded to driver’s shape
    Driver restraints - Takata
    Driver HANS device - Toyota design
    Electronic systems - Toyota / Magneti Marelli
    Transmission - 7-speed unit plus reverse
    Wheelbase - 3090mm
    Overall length - 4530mm
    Overall height - 950mm
    Overall width - 1800mm
    Overall weight - 600kg including driver and camera

RVX-07 Technical Specifications

Designation - RVX-07
    Number of cylinders - 8
    Capacity - 2,398cc
    Horsepower - Approximately 740bhp
    Revolutions - Maximum 19,000rpm, as required by FIA rules.
    Valve actuation - Pneumatic
    Throttle actuation - Hydraulic
    Spark Plugs - DENSO
    Fuel - Esso
    Lubricants - Esso

E.A.
    Source Toyota

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no schumi no f1 ...micheal schumacher once said...I AM FORMULA 1...and he was rite...but im vouching for his replacement..kimi will be a tough match for alonso this season
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I do not entirely agree with you. Yes, the departure of the best man the sport has seen is most definitely going to hurt but it is a wrong preception that Schumacher was bigger than F1. No one is bigger than any sport. Cricket for example has seen off a number of greats like Wasim, Imran, Javed, Richards but it still is very much alive because the Inzamams, the Tendulkars, the Laras took the responsibility of carrying the sport forward. I think, same will happen here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I definately second ya nightsurfer. At the death of Senna everyone was said no one can bring f1 to its real excitment but their was schumi , now its Alonso(At the moment FACT), but as all ferrari lovers i dun like that baby boy . So in my opinion this season wud be better than the last As their wud be much better competition.

in the end

Go Ferrari Go
    GO Kimi Go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ZORIX

Good to have you in the Ferrari Club... I can't wait for the season to start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bet Alonso will spend more time in the pit instead of track this year, I guess McLaren guys are hiring ex-Aston/Jag technicians for the electricals...

Thnxx..
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Delhi touted for Indian GP in 2009

India is edging closer to a deal to host Formula One, with Toyota's first Indian sponsor revealing that the first race could be held in Delhi in 2009.

Kingfisher Airlines' Vijay Mallya, who is believed to have close ties with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, told reporters at the launch of the TF107 in Cologne that he was 'optimistic' about the prospect of an Indian GP.

"The government of Delhi I think really wants Formula One,"
    he said.

Confirmation of a deal would continue F1's push into Asia, after South Korea signed a deal for 2010 and Ecclestone admitted this week that he was keen to finalise negotiations for a Singapore street race.

Ecclestone said late in 2006:
    "We had to make sure we found the right place in India and we have."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

User Tag List