Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

There is considerable time left in the start of the season but there are a lot of news coming through. So, just like last time we had a single thread about F1 2006 season I am starting this thread for the 2007 Season. This will allow all of us to discuss things at one place.

My request to all the F1 fans, please post F1 2007 related stuff here.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

m11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is just what ferrari wanted and what they were crying for like a baby to happen.

Now how boring this is .... that a lousy unreliable ferrari car F2007 is going to win the constructors championship!.
    I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if mclaren have used the data of ferrari for winning why not ferrari themselves used it? did they made for mclaren? seems to me ferrari showing off that we are so strong that our 780 pages document can make you win

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations to all the Mclaren fans! BRAVO Mclaren Great job, we love Mclaren for doing what they did.

I won't say nothing more. What a slap.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alleged McLaren/Renault 'spy' named
    Austrian publication makes claims...
    13/09/07 17:42

More detail about the possible new espionage scandal involving Renault has now emerged.

It was earlier reported that McLaren, facing the World Motor Sport Council on Thursday accused of using confidential Ferrari information, might be in possession of evidence that could incriminate Renault of a separate spying offence.

The FIA even confirmed that lawyers for the Woking based team had tried to draw Renault into the affair by recently raising ‘certain matters regarding Renault F1’.

The Swiss newspaper Blick said the case centred around the departure of an engineer to Renault, who allegedly took with him three disks of detailed information about McLaren's cooling and electronic systems.

Salzburger Nachrichten has now named the defector as former McLaren design engineer Phil Mackereth.

"We do not have any comment to make on this matter,” the team told F1-Live.com this afternoon. “Everything we had to say, was said to the FIA.
    Cliquez ici...

The Austrian newspaper also said Ron Dennis obtained in Monza from Flavio Briatore ‘a written confession’ that this year's Renault R27 incorporates unauthorised intellectual property belonging to McLaren.

It is not known why Briatore would sign such a document, but it is believed that Dennis wanted to present it as evidence at the World Council meeting on Thursday but was prevented from doing so.

The rumour would, however, explain Briatore's visits to the McLaren motorhome at Monza a week ago, and possibly also his subsequent 60-minute meeting with F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone.

E.A.
    Source GMM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nighty a slap??? more than that man bigger than that...

so it has been proven that they are not that gud but they can steel and become gud ook.....

the fun is still there ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Winning is winning either by an inch or a mile... McLaren found guilty, its shameful but Ron is doing everything it takes to win... I am still rollin for McLaren...

Atleast Ferrari will have an excuse this year...
    Jayala....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some pplz declaring me as a mclaran fan
    let me tell you i am neither ferrai nor mclaran fan
    i am honda team fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA to monitor McLaren treatment of Alonso

Appearances aside, the effects of the espionage scandal and its fallout continue to be felt on the scene of the Belgian Grand Prix.

After disagreeing in the media on Saturday, McLaren boss Ron Dennis and FIA President Max Mosley later stood in front of the team's shining 'Brand Centre' and shook hands for the benefit of photographers.

But after headlines suggested that Mosley continues to question Dennis' integrity and honesty regarding key elements of the disclosure of the new email evidence, it now emerges that F1's governing body is going to keep a close eye on McLaren at least for the balance of the season.

Mosley praised Fernando Alonso on Saturday for his role in shedding light on the extent of knowledge of Ferrari's secrets within the team.

But the FIA President says he now fears for possible retribution against the Spaniard from within his ranks, after Alonso's evidence directly led to the record $100m fine and exclusion from the constructors' world championship.

"If they do anything wrong against Alonso, they will have to answer to us in Paris and we will do what is necessary," Mosley is quoted as saying by the Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Briton said he fully supported Alonso's actions, in direct contrast with some sections of some that have accused him of maliciously attempting to blackmail his bosses.

"He was the only one on his team who did the right thing," Mosley said. "With Alonso's emails we obtained certainty (about the case)," he added.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine change puts Fisi to the back

Giancarlo Fisichella has been relegated to the back of the grid for the Belgian Grand Prix after Renault changed his engine following qualifying.

The Italian was set to start alongside team-mate Heikki Kovalainen on the fifth row for Sunday’s race after qualifying in 10th position.

But as the Anglo-French squad changed his V8 power plant after Saturday’s session, he was hit with an automatic demotion to 22nd place.

Fisichella’s engine problem is the second one to hit one of the top four teams so far at Spa, with Robert Kubica already having to drop 10 places after BMW changed his engine after final practice.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

s90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality. - Bertrand Russell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

alonso is my friend, ferrai should take him as test driver

alonso in red what a day that be
    Alpha Romeo 156

s90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality. - Bertrand Russell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh wow, he already in red :-|

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -762485
    Alpha Romeo 156

s90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RedBull_ar

Yes first time in history a team had 3 drivers racing (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol @ 3 red drivers and all on podium
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen the Spa-master
    Belgian GP - Race
    16/09/07 15:46

An important win to keep Raikkonen in contention

Kimi Raikkonen dominated the 44-lap Belgian Grand Prix to record his third straight win at the classic Belgian venue. With Felipe Massa following home five seconds back to record a Ferrari one-two, the Italian team have wrapped up the 2007 constructors’ championship.

Starting from the pole position, Raikkonen was never seriously challenged but Massa at least kept the pressure on to the chequered flag. The result closes Raikkonen to within 13 points of championship leader Lewis Hamilton.

This weekend the McLaren Mercedes duo had not answer to the pace of Ferrari. Fernando Alonso finished a distant third with Hamilton ten seconds back in fourth position. The start of the Grand Prix saw Alonso and Hamilton run wheel to wheel exiting La Source and for a few seconds it seemed that Hamilton would try and go side-by-side through Eau Rouge.

Hamilton made the sensible decision and backed off and the order was set. Alonso’s third position moves him within two points of Hamilton with three races remaining.

Starting sixth, Nick Heidfeld got the jump on Nico Rosberg in the first round of pit stops and was able to finish in a lonely fifth position, half a minute behind Hamilton and 25 seconds ahead of Rosberg who again drove a fine race for the Williams Toyota team.

Mark Webber started and finished in seventh position, showing good race pace in the Red Bull Renault.
    Team-mate David Coulthard’s RB3 suffered a hydraulics failure whilst running 12th.

The final point went to Heikki Kovalainen and Renault. The Finn, as expected, opted for a one stop strategy and despite massive pressure from Robert Kubica in the closing stages, held on to continue his run of top eight results. Giancarlo Fisichella did not have such a good day and retired at the end of the first lap after going off track and damaging his suspension. The Italian veteran had started the race from the pit lane in the spare Renault.

Kubica fought hard race-long and will be disappointed not to score a point. Starting 14th he made progress early on but could not find a way to get ahead of Kovalainen in the closing stages.

Toyota had hoped to score some much-needed points in Belgium with Jarno Trulli and Ralf Schumacher starting eighth and tenth. As is often the case, Trulli slipped back on the first lap and was unable to regain the ground. Schumacher finished tenth, 15 seconds clear of Trulli.
    Tonio Liuzzi finished 12th for Toro Rosso Ferrari while team-mate Sebastian Vettel was an early retirement with a mechanical issue. Rubens Barrichello took the flag 13th for Honda while a hydraulics issue eliminated team-mate Button. Adrian Sutil ran 12th early on in the race in his Spyker Ferrari and put in a fine drive on a two-stop strategy to finish 14th in what has been his strongest race for some time.

Super Aguri Honda expected a tough race and they got it with Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson finishing 15th and 16th ahead of Sakon Yamamoto in the second Spyker.

Alex Wurz was one of five retirements in his Williams Toyota and at a time when he needed a strong showing, his race was a disaster. Starting 15th the Austrian veteran spun to the back of the field and then later on had another off track moment before retiring from the event. With Rosberg showing so well, Wurz will be leaving Spa Francorchamps feeling the pressure.

So a red-wash in a less than thrilling Grand Prix. The title battle is closing up nicely however as the teams get ready for a trip to Fuji Speedway in two weeks…

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great race for ferrari. its gonna be a close call on driver's title. last three races are gonna be fun and excitement.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any comments on Alonso's move at the first corner?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton defiant over title race
    By Andrew Benson

Lewis Hamilton is confident he can hold off McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso in the title race after being outpaced for the second consecutive race.

In Belgium, Alonso was one place ahead of fourth-placed Hamilton to cut the championship's leader gap to two points

But the Briton said: "I'm not worried. Fernando has done a fantastic job and I don't feel it's going to be that way for the last three races.

"I'm still leading the world championship. I still feel positive."

Hamilton, 22, said he believed the advantage would ebb and flow between the two men in the remaining Japanese, Chinese and Brazilian races, just as it had so far this season.

"It's come down a bit closer but we've still got three tracks that are a bit fresh and new to me," he added.

I've never felt favourite, but it's always easier when you're chasing someone than defending

Lewis Hamilton

"On some tracks he'll be faster than me and on some I'll be faster than him, so, fingers crossed, the last three are better for me.

"I just need to pull my socks up, I guess."

However, Hamilton revealed that he was beginning to feel the toll of a difficult year.

"I've never felt favourite but it's always easier when you're chasing someone than defending," he stated.

"When you're leading it's always harder to maintain that consistency and everything but I feel I'm going to come out of this weekend still in the points.

"I think I just need to refocus myself for the last three races. It's been quite an intense season."

Hamilton, who is in his first full season, has lagged behind Alonso for the last two events after failing to get his car set up to his liking.

606: DEBATE
    Alonso has been getting lucky in the last few races but maybe that luck will start running out

MK

And he conceded he could be suffering for his lack of experience, compared to the double world champion.

"I don't know whether it has caught me out but, for sure, experience is always an advantage," said Hamilton.

"Sometimes you start the weekend and you just chip away at that advantage and it's a lot smaller by the end of the weekend.

"But in the last couple of races I haven't been able to really fully fine-tune the car and really feel 100% so when that happens you're bound to lose some time."

And Hamilton also dismissed suggestions by motorsport boss Max Mosley that the title would be tainted this year because of the spy scandal that has embroiled McLaren.

The FIA president said that Hamilton and Alonso would have been thrown out of the Formula One title race if he had got his way.

McLaren were last week fined £49.2m and thrown out of the constructors' championship after being found guilty of trying to take advantage of confidential Ferrari technical information that came into the possession of their chief designer Mike Coughlan.

Hamilton said: "I don't really have anything to say to or about Max Mosley. We've all worked hard this year.

"The way I feel is that the team has done nothing wrong - and neither have I. I have just taken the opportunities.

"I've done the best job I could with it. I don't see why people should say, if I win, it's a tainted championship."

Alonso said he felt the result in Spa "didn't change anything" in the championship.

"The difference between third and fourth is just one point," said the world champion.

"The championship is very open, as it was before.

"We need to be very careful also to finish all three races because if you have a DNF [retirement] in one of them you say bye-bye to the title."

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen, who won the race, is now only 13 points adrift of Hamilton, with a maximum of 30 still available.

He said: "We're still in the championship and we will keep pushing to see what we can do."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i cudn't watch the start of race. if kimi wants the title its important that massa provides him cover being on 2nd place during the races so that at least he can put a 4 point difference in each race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

User Tag List