Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

There is considerable time left in the start of the season but there are a lot of news coming through. So, just like last time we had a single thread about F1 2006 season I am starting this thread for the 2007 Season. This will allow all of us to discuss things at one place.

My request to all the F1 fans, please post F1 2007 related stuff here.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yea i have reposted the news but in a differ way, hopefully ya liked it as it was from F1.com.

And my main aim was the dozen pics to post so presenting it in a way is a good thing i guess.
    Turn on Inspiration. Turn off Blur.

Burn Rubber Not your soul.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First laps in the F2007

At foggy Fiorano this morning, Felipe Massa turned his first laps in Ferrari’s 2007 challenger, the F2007.

The car, which currently features 2006 front and rear wings, is to undergo extensive testing over the next two months and according to Aldo Costa, Head of Chassis design, the car arriving in Melbourne in March will feature an all-new aero package.

The current F2007 does however feature all new suspension to get the best out of the new control Bridgestone rubber, as well as a new quick shift seven-speed gearbox.

On the engine side, the F2007 features the same 056 powerplant as last year as per the rules package but has been modified to allow for the reduction to 19,000 rpm demanded in 2007.

On the sidelines of the famous Italian marque's private test circuit, meanwhile, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo told Italian television that he can imagine the sight of retired champion Michael Schumacher in the car's cockpit in the near future.

"I know him well," Montezemolo said, "and I believe that he will test the new Ferrari soon."

E.A.
    Source GMM
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692581

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren unveiling in Valencia
    McLaren Mercedes race drivers Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton will drive through the streets of Valencia in their Formula 1 cars later today to mark the start of an exciting new era for the team. The event heralds the launch of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team, which Vodafone is joining as Title Sponsor and Official Mobile Partner.

Alonso and Hamilton, who form one of the youngest driver line-ups in the history of the sport, will unveil the new livery to an expected crowd of more than 150,000 on a bespoke circuit around the Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias in two MP4-21 race cars. This will be followed by the unveiling of the 2007 car, the MP4-22, which Alonso and Hamilton will use to contest this year's Formula 1 World Championship.

The 2007 challengers will conduct a shakedown test at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia, on Wednesday 17th January. The intensive pre-season testing programme will then commence on Wednesday 24th January at the same track.

Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett join Alonso and Hamilton to complete the driver line-up. De la Rosa and Paffett, who are starting their fifth and second years with the team respectively, will continue to support the ongoing technical development of the MP4-22 package during the course of the year alongside Alonso and Hamilton.

“This is a fantastic day for me - I am really proud to be introducing myself as a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver in my home country, and of course to help present my new team to the Spanish fans,” said double World Champion Alonso.
    “Although this is my first public event with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, I have already spent a lot of time with the team and my fellow drivers Lewis, Pedro and Gary, at the McLaren Technology Centre. It is a great team and I am excited about this new beginning. My fans are such an inspiration and it is great to bring the team so close to them. I hope they enjoy watching Lewis and myself drive the cars in their new livery around the streets of Valencia.”

For Hamilton, today sees the realisation of a childhood ambition, “Growing up, I saw so many Formula 1 launches in the media, and to be here in Valencia to unveil the new Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team really brings home to me the distance I have travelled to achieve my dream of becoming a grand prix driver,” said Hamilton. “There is still a long way for me to go, as I am at the early stages of my career and have a lot to learn, but the passion I have for the sport and this team is immense, I cannot wait to take to the grid in Australia in March. This year will be about firsts for me, starting with today and my first Formula 1 presentation and my first demonstration run. It will be great to take the cars onto the streets and I hope the fans like the new livery as much as I do!”

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692585

Ron Dennis, Team Principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Chairman and CEO of the McLaren Group added: “This is a very special moment as we officially unveil the team in Valencia today. Vodafone represents only the second title sponsor change in 30 years for the team – something which we as an organization are very proud of."

"McLaren and Mercedes-Benz have enjoyed a very strong relationship for the past 12 years and we are now looking forward to a successful future as Vodafone McLaren Mercedes," continued Dennis. "We all want to win but how we win has always been very important to us and this value will remain the driving force behind our new partnership. In parallel we have developed a brand strategy which we hope will capture and project the youthful and dynamic spirit of the new team. In Fernando and Lewis we have two of the most exciting and talented drivers in Formula 1. They both have great potential to inspire others to push hard to achieve their dreams."

“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Generalitat Valenciana and in particular the President Mr. Francisco Camps Ortiz and the Conseller Mr. Gerrado Camps Devesa for their support in making today’s event happen. For people to be motivated by something they have to really experience it, and this is what we aim to generate today in Valencia," said Dennis.

Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: “Like DaimlerChrysler, our new partner Vodafone is a global company with more than 190 million customers worldwide. This clearly opens up new opportunities and perspectives in the area of communications for the team. With the 2007 line-up of double world champion Fernando Alonso and F1 newcomer Lewis Hamilton, we have both the youngest driver pairing on the starting grid and in the history of the team. Furthermore, when Fernando and Lewis make their debut for the team in the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne, it will mark the tenth anniversary of the first McLaren-Mercedes F1 victory at the same circuit."

“Vodafone is delighted to be deepening our involvement in motor racing by becoming Title Sponsor and Official Mobile Partner of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team," said Arun Sarin, Chief Executive of Vodafone. "We are very excited about the opportunities the team will offer us to continue to build our brand. Motor racing is all about 'Making the most of Now' and similarly, we want all our customers both business and consumer to get the most out of their time. We wish the team all the best for the 2007 season,”

E.A.
    Source McLaren Mercedes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More pictures:

The car

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692589

The drivers

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692590

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Schumacher on hand as F2007 makes debut

Michael Schumacher swapped his helmet for a set of headphones on Monday as Ferrari's new F2007 made its Fiorano track debut.

The retired seven time world champion, who this year will reportedly earn $6m as a Ferrari consultant, stood alongside his replacement Kimi Raikkonen at the team's test circuit while Felipe Massa put the first miles on the red racer.

In initially foggy conditions, Brazilian Massa did 39 laps with a best time of 58.360. Almost a year ago to the day, Schumacher - now 38 - recorded a 59.569 as the 248 F1 made its debut at the circuit.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said of Schumacher's presence on Monday: "It is impressive to see Michael so concentrated on his new role."

Maranello based Ferrari will be back on track in a week, at its other privately-owned test venue, Mugello.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692717

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BMW Sauber step out in Valencia

Shortly after 9am today the new BMW Sauber F1.07 entered the spotlight for the first time. The BMW Sauber F1 Team with its drivers Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica, along with test and reserve driver Sebastian Vettel and test driver number two, Timo Glock, lined up before the world public in the Feria de Valencia. The next step – further podium places are the target.

After a good Formula One debut year, the BMW Sauber F1 Team is ready to take its next step in 2007. This coming season will see the newly established team pursue the successful development agenda it has embarked on. The target is clear: securing more podium places in 2007.

At the same time, staff expansion at Hinwil will be completed, with the workforce there growing up to 430. 125 have already been hired, with another 30 to follow. By the end of the year, the new building complex in Hinwil will also have been completed. Then the BMW Sauber F1 Team, which also has 300 staff working in Munich, will have reached its full complement.

"In 2006 we exceeded our own targets. Now expectations are rising faster than the team can develop. That’s the punishment for excelling yourself," noted BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen before spelling out the team strategy: "2007 marks the second and final year of our development phase. Our aim is to make it onto the podium on our own merit.
    If the leading teams show any sign of weakness, we want to be ready to breach the gap. Victories on our own merit are not yet a realistic prospect for 2007. We are aiming for that in 2008. In 2009 we want to be in contention for the World Championship title."

Read More

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692718

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeh cheez.. full white with a little red.. just like the senna days....

thanks a lot nightsurfer... keep the good posts coming..

btw schumi looks pissed !!!
    Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh really he was? Next time when you talk to him tell him to pose for the cameras.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New Renault breaks cover in Jerez

The new Renault, the R27, made its first public appearance in Spain on Tuesday morning, ahead of its official launch next week. Race driver Giancarlo Fisichella carried out a shakedown run in the team’s 2007 challenger as Formula One testing resumed at the Jerez circuit.

Fisichella completed 33 laps as he spent the day carrying out basic system checks, accumulating mileage and gradually building the car’s reliability levels. Although the machine’s final run ended prematurely due to an engine problem, the Italian’s feedback on the R27’s performance was positive.

“It is always a special moment to drive a new car for the first time, and it felt good to take to the track in the R27 this morning,” he explained. “The car is very impressive visually, and straight away it felt comfortable to drive.

“The circuit was quite dirty with low grip levels, so it was difficult to make a proper judgement on the performance and the handling, especially as our running was cut short with the engine problem at the end of the day. But so far the car is reacting as we expected, and has the same comfortable feeling as the R25 and R26.”

Technical director Bob Bell was equally optimistic, despite the engine problems: “We encountered the normal gremlins that you expect on any shakedown, but the initial signs and feedback from Giancarlo were positive, and we will look to build on that solid start during the next three days of testing.”

The R27, which will be officially launched in Amsterdam on January 24, sported a dark blue and yellow livery for Tuesday’s test, although this is expected to change before the start of the season to reflect Renault’s new title sponsors, the ING Group.

Fisichella will be joined on track on Wednesday by team mate Heikki Kovalainen, who will drive a second R27 chassis, as the team look to put as many miles as possible on the new car and to assess its basic handling characteristics.

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692849

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -692850

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha... nightsurfer aap har baat dil par kyun laytay ho... or perhaps u r still in pain of ur hero losing two wdc's in a row.. koi baat nahi, hota hai.. har baat ka moun tor jawab nahi dayna chaiye.. in ur own words, "u should dream of better things, its good for ur health"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Evoloution

I guess my sense of humor sucks or is it your mentality. The previous reply was a joke. So before answering everything you should consider this "har baat ka moun tor jawab nahi dayna chaiye."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha... i dont have a reply for that ! u win this time...

we are gracious in defeat, unlike some of our germam friends....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam to all ,,,,
    Way to go nightsurfer ,,,, man you rock ,,,, a very nice topic ,,, or should i say sub-forum,,,,,
    Oh man i cant wait to see young "ICE MAN " FROM finland to start the season,, with lucky shumacher out of the way and a reliable car in his grip ,,, he will be on fire ,,,, My eyes will be on Kimi right from the start fella's
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Evoloution

Take it easy, I do not want this post to be filled with stupid comments or unnecessary arguments. So I won't say anything. If you want to have an argument with me you can revisit the other post if you remember.

@malishaheen

Thanks man. You are more than welcome to post news and views on this forum.

You are right, I am also anxiously waiting for the season to kick off. The Ice Man in a reliable Ferrari AH! I can't wait.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im not here to fight yaar come on.. just having a little fun.. if u were offended im really sorry.. and could u give me a link of the other post ? i have no idea what ur talking about...

and just to show u there are no hard feelings, heres some interesting news for u.... lets see how an f1 driver fares against our own nur ali !!!!

Karthikeyan to try A1 Grand Prix

Williams F1 Team test driver Narain Karthikeyan, will race for A1 Team India at Taupo, New Zealand, in the A1GP round this weekend.
    A national sporting hero in India, he says of joining A1 Team India, "I'm very proud to drive for my country in A1GP. I've been following the team's fortunes since the start of the Series. Frank Williams has kindly agreed for me to race, but my Formula 1 testing duties for Williams will always be my number 1 priority. I am very thankful for Sir Frank's support and feel very privileged to be in Formula One, but like all racing drivers I want to race fast cars. In recent months, I have had several offers to drive in America and Japan, but I chose A1GP because the race schedule does not clash with my Formula 1 commitments."

"I hope that I can help A1 Team India improve its performance in the series, as well as heighten its profile back home," he added. "I know that I'm joining the series part way through the second season and many teams have been working with experienced drivers since the start. If I can accelerate the learning curve for the team and we can make progress, possibly scoring some points, I'll be very pleased."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems like Kimi's bad luck with engine trouble hast gonne with him to ferrari !!!

Alonso parks new McLaren after engine trouble
    McLaren's first shakedown of the MP4-22 has not gone to plan with World Champion Fernando Alonso forced to park the car in the pitlane after it lost power during Wednesday's test.

The Spaniard was putting the car through its paces in Valencia before he parked the car which was bellowing smoke and losing oil.

Alonso's former team had similar bad luck on Tuesday as the Renault R27's track debut was marred by engine trouble.

The Anglo-French outfit were testing their 2007 challenger at Jerez and Giancarlo Fisichella managed 33 laps before technical problems forced the R27 back into the paddock.

Renault remain optimistic despite the technical setbacks and technical director Bob Bell said, "With any new car, our work has only just begun. We encountered the normal gremlins that you expect on any shakedown."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can just hope that Adam Khan comes back to rescue Pakistan. Nur Ali is going no where.

Welcome to Mclaren CHAMP!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

come on mclaren get ur act together !!! im surprised kimi hasnt had his first failure... can u beleive kimi has had multiple engine failures in every year of his career, causing him to miss out on a wdc twice!!!!

and id rather have nur ali drive and lose than adam khan drive and win puurely for the fact that nur ali is more of a pakistani than adam khan will ever be..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have heard that Adam Khan will always race with a Pakistani flag on his suit. Nur Ali I think is too old a driver to consider for the future. And since, there is no one else other than these two, Adam Khan will eventually be the only Pakistani driver left.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I second ya Evoloution on this one , Nur ALi all the way.

As far as that Indian guy (narain kartheykiaan) is concerned wht else he want to show up man Those TATA guys made him an F1 driver as they were his sponsor and he showed up on the circuit nothin more than s**t. NOw demoting to A1 is shame. And Montoya is in Talldega(NASCAR).

I hope that here shud be some pro driving Academys in Pakistan as mentioned by Nur ALi to open one.

And for the Mclaren Engines and everything , They are having a bad nightmare all is i can say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

User Tag List