Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

With a heavy heart, I have just learned that the Adam Revo is on its last production run in January. So, very very sadly I share that they could not recieve the funding, technical and managerial resources needed to reach the efficiency to be a sustainable business.

I did not want to be the bearer of this bad news, and it truly breaks my heart to tell you this. I, like so many of you on PakWheels, were his biggest fans and rooting for him always.

This says as much about the unforgiving Automobile Business as it does about Pakistan and the great, great man, Mr. Feroz Khan, who so valiantly strove to make Pakistan a better place, against all odds.

But did he really lose? He lost ALOT...more than most of us could imagine...BUT he inspired me and countless others to BELIEVE that it is possible. What he achieved is nothing short of a miracle. The effrot, intellect, guts, nobility and compassion Feroz Khan displayed is rare indeed and will never be forgotten. And this inspiration of "What can be" will surely lead to other efforts to continue the fight to make Pakistan a better manufacturing economy, and a better place.

If some late funding comes through, perhaps this story may have a happier ending. Also, I am sure with their other resources, Adam Motors will continue to support the existing customer base.

"It is not the critic who counts," Roosevelt once said, "But the doer of deeds who is in the ring, taking the hits, falling down, rising in pain only to be struck again bloodied and bruised, and rise again...He is the one who counts." And I say, "For he is the spirit of all that is good in each of us"

Pakistan is a better place because of Feroz Khan, and I a better man to have known him. I will continue in his large footsteps to work towards making Pakistan a better place...Won't you join me?

Feroz Khan Zindabad!
    Adam Motors Zindabad!
    Pakistan Zindabad!

I know the vast majority of you will not do this, but for any others, please do not look at this event with mockery, but with the respect he so richly deserves, and only share this with the compassionate ones so as not to let this fall into the gossip of small minds and smaller hearts...We who have ever loved anything about cars like this wonderful PakWheels Community owe him that.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I beg to differ on the pricing.

Although it is highly highly lamentable that Revo has stumbled big time (I won't call it a failure), it should not have been priced more than 225K or 250K.

Look, a completely new car being built by a company that has no pedigree of building cars and let alone market presence, was being positioned to compete with Mehran: which has a history and market presence of almost 2 decades.

People had to be enticed to buy it. Either be it through sheer quality or through both quality and agressive pricing. Sadly, being only 35K to 50K adrift of Mehran in pricing, Revo offered in neither account to significantly to attract the local customer away from Mehran.

This seems to be the general malaise of all those who launched something new over the years, namely

1) Cherry QQ
    2) Chevrolet LS or Joy

These cars could have been so successfull. But foolish pricing kept buyers away. They don't seem to understand that the general public buys cars on Market Presence & Acceptance. So their stratgey should have been to capture dealer and spare parts cartel's support and sympathies.

Plus some promotional deals with leading rent-a-a-car services, hotel chains and govt. deptts. etc ... to create some market presence. This would have greatly enhanced their chances to capture the market. These too have been boorishly over-priced to begin with.

These cars were the newcomers. They had to make room for themselves in a market were brand loyalty is paramount.

Alas, Revo, to an extent, followed the same route.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And once Market had been captured, prices could have been increased based on demand and ROI achieved gradually. Seems to me that there is a hurry (atleast in the QQ and Joy's case) to acheive ROI.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great job Adam Motors.. on taking the initiative.. But to be realistic, the design of Revo was not that good.. the rear wind screen seemed to be on the roof! that looks so ugly!
    They have made sure it fails.. dont know about poor quality as being told by all on this thread.
    Become the change you seek!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliyusuf, bikecrazee and Usmanansari...

Very good points and I agree with them. But there is one thing not mentioned:

It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to design a car that can be sold for Rs2.25 lakh as the economies of scale and product design needed is formidable. You can't make 6 cars a day and make the car so cheap. You need to make about 200/day to hit the sub-3lakh number with exceptionally low cost designs that border sheer genius to pull off.

And let's not forget the damn 40% tax added on for the Government. If the Government wants to help the local Auto Industry, there should have been no tax at all for the first three years for Adam Motors and that would have allowed the cost to be Rs2 lakh, enabling market penetration and funds to be used for improvement and promotion...but alas, it did not come to pass

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman bhai,

The role of the Govt has been a disgrace. 40% taxes? That too for a venture that was home grown? That borders on being criminal on the Govt's part.

Hindsight, sorry to say, is always 20-20. I wish these issues could have been addressed by AMC before investing so much on the venture.

But that is easy for me to say now, I am sure there must have been un-surmountable hurdles all along the way.

I hope the future brings betterment and progress into the Revo saga.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Aliyusuf..your compassion resonates in my heart.

"Hurdles are only insurmountable when you didn't see them coming"

MM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman!

Why dint Adam started with some older technologies of popular cars just as Proton use Old Mitsubishis. When the company is strong enough to stand on its own feet by selling such cars, then you may have introduced a totally self designed revo...
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.K., listen up everybody here... We've again started to quarrel amongst ourselves... let dump the crap.

This news revives memories of Winmark's vehicles manufacture in SITE, Karachi, namely "Proficient" Pickups that ended soon, and then the Naya Daur Motors in SITE as well, maker of Jeeps mainly that collasped as well...

And now Adam Motors.. they are certainly a good lot, better that the others made here...

These are tragic happenings that inflict our society (probably made to be done intentionally by people with ulterior motives).

Lets hope that some miracle saves the wonderful Adam "REVO"...
    Prefer Virtues over Vice,
    Health over Wealth,
    Peace above Happiness, and,
    Religion Above All Else...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi @All
    this is the response i got from Adam Motors.

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -687317
    Signature Location...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The picture is not clear so this is the response.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Mr. Khan,
    Thank you for your interest and concern. We appreciate that you took out time to seek our response on these rumors. We would like to clarify our stance here. We are not going ahead with a total shutdown for the time being as we are committed to serve our customers.

Sincerely,

Marketing & Sales Dept
    Adam Motor Company Ltd.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    so it's obvious Adam Motor is at its END...
    Signature Location...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhailog,

I posted this topic because I felt it best you hear it from me and not some ursurper with an alterior motive. Better pain from a friend than from a foe, where rumors dwell.

However, this has come, I regret at a cost of a friendship from which I may not regain and a trust which I may have unwittingly broken.

I wanted to show the importance of what was done and celebrate the effort made, not mock one who has fallen...never could i do or think like that. The spirit and purpose of this post was to rally support for Adam Motors and the cause of Feroz Khan with those who care about them in the hope that something good would come of it to help someone who truly deserves it.

I believe this intent may have been misconstrued, so I will no longer be responding to this thread out of respect, as I believe I put my nose where it didn't belong...no matter the best of intentions, it was a mistake.

So I make this public apology to Mr. Feroz Khan, Adam Motors, and all of the PakWheels Community and I very sincerely regret any harm I may have caused,

With Kind Regrets and Deep Regard,

Sheryar Durrani ... a.k.a. MotownMadman

ARS
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MM
    I am so sorry, I was away for the exams and could'nt reply you back. Here is the link about the HIT bulletproof car.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply...page!1~pw.html

Also, if we can make indeginous tanks, rockets and now even a lethal submarine, why not a car.
    Please don't lose hope, as I saiddirt exists everywhere and so does in our country. Those who criticized/ing Revo have no idea how many families have lost their way of making both ends meet. Also, you must have seen Poput's modified bike too, so you can believe that there is a potential in Pakistan, just needs to be polished.
    Again I wish you sucess, have faith on Allah and don't waste your time by talking to haters.
    Allah hafiz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MM Bhai,

As you very well know there are all kinds of people in this World. One who understand the depth of a theme and ones who just see the colours and comment.
    There are people who would shout for a small black dot that might appear in their glass of milk neglecting the Whole white Milk! They would critisize on that small black dot and wont drink the milk for iT. And there are those who just Drink the whole thing without giving a second thought to what that black thing was, Because they find it immaterial... They saw the Whole White Milk not the Small black dot.

Your comments and your thoughts are very enlightening to the PakWheels community. We are learning a lot through you sharing what is revolving around. Specially people like me, who are not in professional fields but want to have an awareness of what is going on around us.

It is just astounding to know the effort you and your team are putting for this Nation and without this Thread, or as a matter of fact without this News, We would have not known anything about iT. Please do not abandon this platform, iF you feel there are More people who are sensing negative, please know that these are the ones who see that Black Dot.
    And Please Sir, There are More People reading your comments and Getting Hopes then there are those Reading and presenting their negative remarks.

And you have done a marvelous job by breaking this News to us, because as you said, If this News was presented by a foe... iT would have been more shattering to us, it would have been more exagerated and it would have been simply taken to create a negative impression of an otherwise marvelous Nation.

I would wait for your replies, as ever.
    Syed Swift A|i.
    ( Arid soul bhai.. You will always be there in the hearts and souls of many! )

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tausheen123
    agree with everything u said except that black dot in milk thing ... if that is poison .. you would be smart if u r pessimist .... if u would drink that clean white milk with a dot of poison just out of optimism. you would be called a stupid or really bhola. y does an animal smell its food before eating .. is he a pessimist???
    its said in urdu keh aik gandi machli sare talab ko ganda kar deti hai ... if u try to imply that in your milk situation .. that black dot in milk can be a gandi machli ..
    if u ignore it , you are just ignorant and your eyes see what u want to see.
    what u were saying is correct , just change that example

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rocket

so u mean to say that Revo was poison?

:O
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sad news,i am sure something better will be developed from this experience.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol .. i wasent talking about revo .. was that black spot revo u ppl wee talking about .. thats bad ...
    i pray that once again AMC will rise and create something of better quality .. it is a new company .. MR khan can atleast appoint 1 person who will be responsible for current customers and their support ..
    i love revo but that image in my head that tells me if i buy it .. i wont get any part and car will be locked ... it scares me

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hnaqi
    sir can u post a picture of that revo which hit a suzuki ...

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is sad news!
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Rocketman Bhai,
    You can create any scenario you want, Sir.

It carries a simple message and creating complications to the situation will lead to nothing. The statement is free of suppositions and should be considered as is.

Animals smell the food/thing before they eat because they simply cannot distinguish between what is Food and what is Not. Its their sense of smell that tells them to eat a certain object or not. They cannot identify objects like we humans do. For example, I have my cats moving around all day long, Until and Unless I call them They do not distinguish me from others. Its their sense of hearing that distinguishes to them the Lover from the stranger.

Well Bhai, you are right about the Poison thing, But we here, as i said earlier, are Talking over something "specifically".

You know iT well.
    Syed Swift A|i.
    ( Arid soul bhai.. You will always be there in the hearts and souls of many! )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List