Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

With a heavy heart, I have just learned that the Adam Revo is on its last production run in January. So, very very sadly I share that they could not recieve the funding, technical and managerial resources needed to reach the efficiency to be a sustainable business.

I did not want to be the bearer of this bad news, and it truly breaks my heart to tell you this. I, like so many of you on PakWheels, were his biggest fans and rooting for him always.

This says as much about the unforgiving Automobile Business as it does about Pakistan and the great, great man, Mr. Feroz Khan, who so valiantly strove to make Pakistan a better place, against all odds.

But did he really lose? He lost ALOT...more than most of us could imagine...BUT he inspired me and countless others to BELIEVE that it is possible. What he achieved is nothing short of a miracle. The effrot, intellect, guts, nobility and compassion Feroz Khan displayed is rare indeed and will never be forgotten. And this inspiration of "What can be" will surely lead to other efforts to continue the fight to make Pakistan a better manufacturing economy, and a better place.

If some late funding comes through, perhaps this story may have a happier ending. Also, I am sure with their other resources, Adam Motors will continue to support the existing customer base.

"It is not the critic who counts," Roosevelt once said, "But the doer of deeds who is in the ring, taking the hits, falling down, rising in pain only to be struck again bloodied and bruised, and rise again...He is the one who counts." And I say, "For he is the spirit of all that is good in each of us"

Pakistan is a better place because of Feroz Khan, and I a better man to have known him. I will continue in his large footsteps to work towards making Pakistan a better place...Won't you join me?

Feroz Khan Zindabad!
    Adam Motors Zindabad!
    Pakistan Zindabad!

I know the vast majority of you will not do this, but for any others, please do not look at this event with mockery, but with the respect he so richly deserves, and only share this with the compassionate ones so as not to let this fall into the gossip of small minds and smaller hearts...We who have ever loved anything about cars like this wonderful PakWheels Community owe him that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman
    its the same (if not better) as a suzuki mehran. i found it better then the competition.
    but days are over now. keeping my track record in they, now i have the strongest season to buy one whenever i can
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman
    welcome back,
    but u came back with a bad news for all of us.
    seems like the buyers got scared of the build quality and resale of the car.
    Big loss for Pakistan indeed
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last year,panic set in when Rover UK died without a lifeline, later some chinese company took over but it was never the same.

@MotownMadman

It is ironic that the vry ppl who live in PK arent as touched as expats are. Big up to you for having a heart that pains for the regressive predicament that Revo faces.

As for Revo and Mr. Feroz, I am pragmatic in stating that this is not the end, but , yet another new beginning.
    Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Inna-Nilahay, wa inna ailay rajay oon. This news is just like hearing
    about death of a close friend.

Sheryar Bhai, really saddened to hear about this.

I have been reading pakwheels in silent mode, but did not actively
    contribute, due to another equally devastating personal
    tragedy that struck me few months, ago, but I have almost recovered from
    that, and would not like to talk about it.

Death of our beloved REVO is ALL of PAKISTAN's loss, but sadly, many in Pakistan do not realize it.
    They do not realize, how far Pakistan has been pushed in industrial progress,
    but not being able to realize the importance of this CAR, which could
    have led Pakistan to become an industrialized nation, with alot better
    opportunities for all.

Revo is not the first car to have gone this path, I remember the Proficient
    Pick Up, made in Pakistan in 1988 or 1989, but never supported.

How many other nations would have done a better
    service to this car, had this car been conceived elsewhere.
    Imagine, just imgaine, mainly the Pakistanis indifferent attitude killed
    it. I also blame myself, we are all to blame.

Look at how we all are treating Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, another hero,
    that made the defenses of Pakistan Rock Solid, and made our land envious,
    for those who can only dream of attaining the technology to make the
    nuclear bomb. Ask any Iranian, how they would love to have that technology,
    specially now, and more importantly, would they also put their father of their
    "Bomb" in house arrest and leave him to die in shame and confinement. No one cares.
    We all have become the enemy of our own selves, by our own greed and and
    neglecting our own Heros.

Same fate has been suffered by our dear fellow Feroz Khan, whom only wanted
    to make Pakistan an industrialized nation. True there were many things that
    could have been better in Revo, namely the production hinderances, and certain
    cosmetic improvements. But this is how all the automakers started out.
    They all had problems, they all dealth with them, along with support from their
    fellow country men.

But there is always hope. We all learn from our own failures and shortcommings.

Take care brothers.

Just remember, Allah only changes the fate of the nation, when they change their own selves.

also, most importantly, lets not fight amongst ourselves.

Allah Hafiz.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a 2 month old baby dies in an accident and a media campaign is started blindly. lets see how this event is treated on the least read pages.

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman, proud I am! Atleast Im not acting like the "official saviour" of Adam Revo by writing articles and expressesing deep sorrow! Do something instead, rather than quoting what roosevelt said! I have a right to express my opinion, every one cant think the same as you do. Easy with the language, dont need to hear some guy dictating rules to me!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GLI, u said what u had 2 say but please dont start an argument here.
    My favorite vehicle now a days is a "GOLF" cart.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GLI if you knew the realities about him. you would never have allegated him like you are doing right now. he is very close to Adam motor company and he has done a lot of work to improve conditions of Amc.
    HE is not talk only type like majority here. i myself had dinner with him and designers and suppliers of revo. can you guess what was under discussion?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few days back i was thinking of datzburier and MotownMadman that both of these nice guys are not posting since long. And what a come back with so sad and heart breaking news. I am used to go through all important posts on pakwheels every morning. And now i am feeling really depressed having read all this. But again i think there is a great dawn hidding in this tragic news.
    We Pakistani can do every thing when we want to do and these timely failures cant stop us from moving ahead.
    I am really like some great minds among us and MotownMadman is one of them. Need is to use them for progress of Pakistan. I wish Mr. Feroz Khan read this thread and feel that how we pakistanis are feeling the pain of this tragic news.
    And i think there is also a need to carefully analyse the reasons and factors for failure of Revo, so that we can do better next time.

Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is sad
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will someone deal with GLI, please. There is enough pain here, no need for more...And I am certainly not any kind of "savior" or trying to act like one, beta...Merely responding to your attacks trying to help you understand that which you do not. You asked what I was doing to help, and I politely answered. Your arrogance is unwarranted.

Now to all the other brothers here, particularly my friends, Tauseen, Portage1, Spectra, tsah15, and especially Datz who has been through hell and back, and those who will shed a tear upon reading this today, you know why this is especially painful for me and Datz and ASR are right like others here who have stated, this is not a time for mourning a death, but a time to celebrate what was achieved.

There are many reasons for this demise, but, bhailog, it was not the people of Pakistan. MashAllah, they ordered enough Revos to create a backlog over the last year. It was the lack of funding needed to seed the venture and attract the resources to expand quality production methods.

The Car Business is not for the faint of heart:

For example, since Adam Motors did not have the money to purchase all the tooling initially, they did many operations by hand. This saves initial capital, but a car door that should take 20 minutes to make can take 9 hours this way and achieving the quality they did is a bone crushing task that is highly comendable.

With this situation, every Revo was built at a Rs50,000 loss because Feroz Khan made a promise to the People of Pakistan and kept it at the price he said he would.

No, if ever there was a mistake, it was in Feroz Khan believing that investors would see what he did achieve with so very little (and that "so little" is a lot for you and me...about Rs500 million)...but alas, the investors did not see what Feroz Khan had achieved. Many, including myself worked hard to help him get funding out of Dubai and Detroit, but nobody had enough faith.

Presentaion after presentation was made to sooo many potential investors, that Mr. Khan was spending more time worrying about paying the bills than building the cars...

The lesson for us all to scale down to our lives, dreams, hopes and ambitions is:

1. You will never have enough money or time to do things the way you really want.
    2. ALWAYS have a sound plan with the funding in place before you commit to a project
    3. Do not expect others to share your dreams, no matter how noble
    4. No great feat can be acomplished on your own...Some who tried to help were turned down because Adam Motors was not willing to share the equity needed to close the deal and secure the future..."A little piece of a big thing is better than a big piece of a little thing"
    5. And lastly, that no matter how good you think your plan is, if others don't get it when you need them to "get it" then maybe your plan is more flawed than you think. Harsh, but true...Sorry.

These are my humble words for us all to reflect and pray that Feroz Khan has other successes, as Omar Jibran is doing quite well, and he now has an Engineering Design Services Company ramping up right now with work from America

Allah Hafiz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am indeed sad to hear all this but the truth I was expecting a sudden death long time ago. Lets talk about the facts:

1. I came up with a crappy product with the price tag which is almost same as the other existing and "beloved" brands.

2. No matter how much clean n clear and "pakiza" intention I have and the love for my country which made me develop or produce this car, in the end I have to see the other competitors and their customer base.

3. What I have done for the people before launching a local made car? Am I another version of Abdul Sattar Edhi? What made me think that inaguration by Governer and Wazir-e-Ala, I am able to sell my brand based on patriotism? Selling a coke or pepsi when anti american sentiments are high?

4. There is fault in my strategy which has lead to this expected disaster whether it is believing on quality control or the selection of dealers' network.

5. I read my target market wrongly. I couldn't cope up with the price. I didn't do anything to break the monopoly of the existing producers esp. one who is producing famous 800cc paper-tin crap called Mehran.

So why am I weeping on my efforts now? Think about it.
    Change of faces won't change anything in Pakistan. www.greenwood.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Durrani sahib, I saw ur thread (& post) after a long time and wanted 2 welcome u back but on the news u broke i m simply short of words. I wish Adam Motors & Mr Khan all the best and sincerely hope from the core of my heart that something comes up for them (Ameen).
    My favorite vehicle now a days is a "GOLF" cart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear tsah15 bhai. Thank you...And all the others who welcomed me back, despite being the bearer of such bad news. I feel very guilty for being absent for so long...I really missed you guys! And in fact, I may have spoken where I should not have here, but I felt that if anyone could feel the pain for Adam Motors and their whole staff, it would be you guys in the PakWheels Brotherhood.

I have been very busy on a project of my own, like so many of you, and will be posting the progress soon. For anyone who may remember, I was inspired by Feroz Khan and what he achieved and that is what has me working in the direction I am now.

Sabbar kha phal...you know the line...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aomair...I must sadly confess there is more painful truth in what you say than I could bring myself to admit...

I guess the romantic nature of pulling off what he did was awe inspiring to me and many many others...and despite all the logic in the world, we owe him a debt of gratitude for trying, don't you think my friend?

BTW I like your "get rest, get rust" slogan...very true.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman

Sir, I don't even have a single doubt over his intention. I always appreciate such people. But I live in a country where people don't vote on promises but on nice-to-ear slogans.

If he was the first one, definitely his name was written in the history of automobiles with the gold and glitter. Unfortunately, before him there were many who tried and failed due to corrupt machinary of the govt., lack of any official support (unless he is some relative, son-in-law, nephew etc. of some military figure) here, no matter how nice his product is.

If your friend Mr. Khan wasn't aware of all this fact, and tried to act smart in this military republic, I must say that he should go back to school and learn A B C again. If he knew all these facts before jumping in river, then he is indeed a "Mujahid".

On the other hand, there is huge difference in selling washing powder and an automobile. Logistics are very important. Funds, money etc. are very important to support life yet alone for any such risky business. I don't know what you "secrets" you hold in your heart, but sitting in USA, one cannot imagine how things are like here.
    Change of faces won't change anything in Pakistan. www.greenwood.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not "sitting" in the USA...But, you are right about not knowing how it is over there unless I live there.

I feel we should not lose hope, so I will share a little something:

I and my team of engineers have been designing a high performance all magnesium alloy engine over the last year that was to be used for the Adam Revo, so I am losing a lot of investment myself...Here are the initial dynomometer results for the 786 cc V4 4 valve engine we are working on here in Detroit:

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686220

It is 25% lighter and double the hp of any 800cc engine on the market...and was going to cost LESS than the Wuling Chinese engine using high technology manufacturing techniques...So, sitting here in the USA, I do feel some real pain and am suffering in spirit and otherwise. But I have alternatives, so no worries

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just my opinion ....

for any new brand of car to become successful in Pakistan (and its more relevant for Proton than AMC !)

U gota have atleast a few numbers running on the roads to make ppl realize that the car has started selling in decent numbers ... It is very frightening for ppl not being able to see ANY Revo or ANY Proton (bar less than 10 in the whole city !) running on the roads ...

so my two cents are .... the first batch should have ... either a SPECIAL price ... just to make sure that ppl buy atleast 50 or so cars soon enough and start driving them here and there ...
    secondly ... if u dont wana give em out on reduced price .. atleast get some Rent-a-car to buy atleast one lot (with defered payment or whatever sweetner u can come up with) to achieve the same purpose ..... to show ur cars driving on the roads ...!!!!

although thats not exactly what caused an issue for AMC .. (since someone here mentioned that their issue was Financing ... not buyers ... ) but anyways ... i can see the same issue with Proton ...
    So far i have only seen 1 orange colored Gen 2 and one black Impian in Islamabad .... to make it sell better ... they have to have sufficient numbers on the road to give confidence to the buyers ...

Profit is vital for investors .... if u cant show decent return on investment ... they wont invest ! ... have they tried enticing the middle eastern investors ???? if they approach a wealthy ME investor (provided ...via a very good reference) ... they have more money then they can invest ... !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To run a car company takes more than money...it takes people who know what to do...and a lot of them with experience in launching a car from scratch...not many of those kind on the planet, much less Pakistan. The Paksitani Auto Industry are transplants of already proven designs with all of the major bugs both in product design and manufacturing worked out, so it is not easy to find people in Pakistan who have this experience and knowledge base unless they are coming from abrouad.

Adam Motors could not convince the investment people, including some in the ME, that they had the right people in place. And although Adam has some really good people, this was true to some extent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
    the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    --George Bernard Shaw

this says it all
    Success is relative... the more the success the more the realtives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List