Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SADLY, ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END.

With a heavy heart, I have just learned that the Adam Revo is on its last production run in January. So, very very sadly I share that they could not recieve the funding, technical and managerial resources needed to reach the efficiency to be a sustainable business.

I did not want to be the bearer of this bad news, and it truly breaks my heart to tell you this. I, like so many of you on PakWheels, were his biggest fans and rooting for him always.

This says as much about the unforgiving Automobile Business as it does about Pakistan and the great, great man, Mr. Feroz Khan, who so valiantly strove to make Pakistan a better place, against all odds.

But did he really lose? He lost ALOT...more than most of us could imagine...BUT he inspired me and countless others to BELIEVE that it is possible. What he achieved is nothing short of a miracle. The effrot, intellect, guts, nobility and compassion Feroz Khan displayed is rare indeed and will never be forgotten. And this inspiration of "What can be" will surely lead to other efforts to continue the fight to make Pakistan a better manufacturing economy, and a better place.

If some late funding comes through, perhaps this story may have a happier ending. Also, I am sure with their other resources, Adam Motors will continue to support the existing customer base.

"It is not the critic who counts," Roosevelt once said, "But the doer of deeds who is in the ring, taking the hits, falling down, rising in pain only to be struck again bloodied and bruised, and rise again...He is the one who counts." And I say, "For he is the spirit of all that is good in each of us"

Pakistan is a better place because of Feroz Khan, and I a better man to have known him. I will continue in his large footsteps to work towards making Pakistan a better place...Won't you join me?

Feroz Khan Zindabad!
    Adam Motors Zindabad!
    Pakistan Zindabad!

I know the vast majority of you will not do this, but for any others, please do not look at this event with mockery, but with the respect he so richly deserves, and only share this with the compassionate ones so as not to let this fall into the gossip of small minds and smaller hearts...We who have ever loved anything about cars like this wonderful PakWheels Community owe him that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

let us please try to be decent, serious and mature on this forum and most of all respect the feelings of all discussion participants.

in fact let us have enlightened discussions rather than exchanging immature one-line meaningless statements.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thread moved on request of @portage and @motown
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ hash4u bhai........

thanks so much
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you SOO much Portage Bhai for responding so quickly and Hash4u for reposting...It means a lot to me.

A few interesting pieces of history for asd123, mustang1, usmanansari, GLI, and especially lotus:

Colin Chapman, the founder of Lotus, and someone I have met, didn't even achieve what Feroz Khan did. He started by selling kit cars that were great when they ran, but usually didn't. The president of the Lotus Owners Club of America from 1980-1988 was my professor in college and he spent more time working on his very elegant Lotus Europa than driving it. It took Colin 12 years to actually make complete cars, and many called them crap for their quality, but because of superior PRODUCT DESIGN, like the Revo for its target market, people accepted it...and "ghaseetke ghaseetke", it survived for those who appreciated it. And Lotus changed Ownership many times with the Engineering Services arm paying the bills for many years while looking for capital.

Henry Ford bankrupted three, yes THREE start up car companies before finding his mark, so like I said in the original post, "It is not the critique who counts..."

So please be kind to those who have worked much harder than us to make this country a better place, won't you?

@datzburier: Thank you my dear brother for your kind words and undying optimism...you inspire even in your darkest hours...Alhamdulillah

And I always felt the glass was not half full or half empty...The glass is just too big...

Now regarding the allegations about Revo being Chinese...brother PLEASE!! I know for a fact that it is completely Pakistani designed and engineered less the engine and tranny, and can prove it here if needed.

@Tauseen: I love you, Man...You are the spirit of Pakistan personified...you ARE its future! And I have infinite faith that with you and many others like you yearning to be free, Pakistan will flourish.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is indeed a sad news.
    Unfortunately people here are unable to understand that Revo was our first step. I think first Toyota Corolla was badly failed and it was more of a Ford car (i can't remember its name, may be it was A model) than a genuine Toyota. But what now? Toyota is now above Ford if you talk of Global Big 3. Its all about continous development, committment and delegation towards your work.
    No body is asking you to BUY revo. But atleast don't make fun of it. You guys might feel LUCKY to get your hands on Corolla but you never know how much money you throw out of your country. The total Deletion Program of Auto Industry in Pakistan is somewhere around 40% which is a SH*T. No engine manufacturing here hence no technology transfer.
    Adam Revo wouldn't have only given poor a choice but also contributed more towards the economy of Pakistan. As car was a Pakistani so more vendors of all type of works would've been searched in local market hence creating more jobs. The Wuling technology was supposed to be transfered in a couple of years hence Pakistan would've been able to produce its OWN engine somewhere in coming years. I know Revo wasn't up to the mark but you guyz just forget that it was our first step. If you compare it with Mehran then see Suzuki is there in market for how long? Mehran...same old shape of 89's. Carby engine...Revo...EFi engine. new aerodynamic design (thats something else if you guyz don't like it). etc.

Please don't forget while critquing Revo that its was not developed by an already established Automobile company of Pakistan. It was just a new birth.

@Motown
    Sir I really feel sorry for what's gonna happen with Adam Motors. Indeed Pakistan will go back in past after this dilemma.
    May Pakistan prosper in every field. AMen

Regards,
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a beautiful quote form the movie “Batman”. A kid falls into a ditch and his father, while lifting him, says this "Son! Why do we fall; So that we can lift ourselves again”. Pakistan will rise again; another entrepreneur will rise and we will, inshallah, fulfill our dream of a national car.

Motown all eyes are on you. Don’t u disappoint the nation. (Sorry for using strong words but this is how I fell right now)
    To err is human, to forgive divine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WELL! A reality check this is. I am floored that you suggest that so many people find what I am doing in Detroit is so interesting...talk about pressure! And thanks Wik_A...good to read your words my man.

So, to give you guys a little better feeling for what Feroz Khan has achieved, here is the concept model of the engine block Omar Jibran, (Mr. Khan's Tooling and Plastics Company) is looking at and expected to quote for tooling in Pakistan for an engine to be manufactured in Detroit...Assuming we secure the funding for this:

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686599

Also, did you know that we have had OJ do several tooling design jobs for us this year for magnesium parts in the USA and Europe? Don't tell ME that Pakistani Engineers aren't capable! They just need time and mentoring.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Motown I feel a lot better after seeing the images of an engine block and the Dyno analysis and the involvement of a Pakistani engineering firm in all this. Auto and arms industry is the backbone of any developed nation. We are not bad in terms of the arms industry n by reading your replies it feels we are soon going to catch up in the auto field as well. Best of luck! Do remeber your own words (so well narrated):

1. You will never have enough money or time to do things the way you really want.
    2. ALWAYS have a sound plan with the funding in place before you commit to a project
    3. Do not expect others to share your dreams, no matter how noble
    4. No great feat can be acomplished on your own...Some who tried to help were turned down because Adam Motors was not willing to share the equity needed to close the deal and secure the future..."A little piece of a big thing is better than a big piece of a little thing"
    5. And lastly, that no matter how good you think your plan is, if others don't get it when you need them to "get it" then maybe your plan is more flawed than you think. Harsh, but true...Sorry

Cheerz!
    To err is human, to forgive divine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Venturing out in a crossfire knowingly...lol

Anyways, here are my two cents on the subject:

Perception is everything, sadly the guys @ Adam Motors never realized that Chinese products, though cheap, are preceived to be bad in quality. You might be able to sell a chinese shirt, even a chinese washing machine, but a chinese car in pPkistan, best of luck.

Another factor that the buyer in Pakistan are now aware, and buying a car for most, is equal to buying luxury and respect. The other factor which plays in mind is, usually people over here tend to keep cars for shorter periods of time and change for newer models. This brings in the issue of re-sale. Would u rather buy a car that will sell for Rs. 500K after three years or would u rather buy a car which you will advertise/re-advertise and sell for Rs. 100K, after having bought it for Rs. 500K, and only if you find a willing buyer.

Regarding the fact that companies selling cars are not Pakistani, we should remember that these people have invested in Pakistan and are employing Pakistanis.

Regarding high prices, quality and comparison to India, I have to emphasize that our automobile industry is protected and cannot even think of competeing with either Chine or India. We produce a maximum of 300K cars a year, they're producing more cars in a month, thus the massive investment there by manufacturers. Economies of scale are prevalent there too, so ofcourse better prices and better quality. Sadly, unless the government takes steps to counter the looming threat of 2010 - Trade Barriers have to be removed - our automobile industry is going to be in a pretty mess, since we will be able to buy cars from China (buying from India might not be allowed, politically speaking), Japan etc, at prices lower than what our manufacturers are offering. But ofcourse, all of this will result in massive outflow of Foreign Exchange, something which we're limiting through our local hondas and toyotas.

To develop our own car at this stage, would be pretty difficult considering the way things are going and that would take a lot of protection'ism, something that globalization will not allow. You have to remember that the Ambassador is not Indian from the outset, but they had a closed economy, initially you could only buy an Ambassador or a TATA Truck. Then came Suzuki and even Bollywood stars have Suzuki Esteem.

Sadly, there are no conclusions, rainbows or silver linings. All we can do is wait for 2010, when the walls come down.
    Why drink and drive, when you can smoke and fflllyyyy...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what a common person wants, belonging to a class which goes for used cars, or low budget new cars like mehran or revo, is peace of mind, traveling from one place to another in a rather respectable manner & low maintenance cost. Suzukis are so successful because of the most cheepest spares available & most easiest access to any spare part in no matter which part of the country u live in...

secondly the revo interior....
    SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686628

come on it could have been a lot lot better than what it is here... being a cheep product doesnt mean it has to be like this... one can feel the material used in the steering by just giving one look at the pic. why should a common man go for such a thing???? when they have much more respectable things in the market...

no one has personal issues with revo, we all want pakistan to rise up and want something that can break the suzuki monoply here, but unfortunately there has to be something better or equivalent to suzuki, not below par!

cheerz
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Lotus
    Check this Mehran. It is less then 400 Kms driven and just look ta these gaps and quality. I think its way inferior then what u have posted for revo.

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686631

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686632

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686633

SADLY ADAM REVO IS NEAR ITS END -686634
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Point well-made @spectra

Having owned and driven both, mehran and REVO, it is crystal clear that the REVO is far superior to the mehran (the only other car in this price range) in every technical aspect.

The fact that the mehran's quality is abysmally poor even after so many years of uninterrupted production is a sad matter. So much for japanese production techniques e.g. continuous improvement, etc (which I seriously doubt Suzuki actually implements in Pakistan). The fact, that people fail to realize these defects for what they are is an even sadder matter. Sadder still, is when they can not tell a better product from an inferior product.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm really confused who's speaking the truth and who's the liar....
    Please clickhere to see the new post.
    Signature Location...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Spectra i cant upload the pics, yes our Beloved Mehran has the worst quality possible, i also have a new Mehran at home right now, some 600 kms on it, brand new car, i can make a LONG list of FLAWS in SUZUKI MEHRAN (4 Lac Rupee car).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice point raised @spectra

but i do think that there is a lot of margin of improvement in Revo's interior & particulary that speedometer.... its childish and should have been more professionally designed.

perhaps we r going to see a much better revo in future
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For God sake Stop Creating Rumours.

Yesterday I called on Adam Motors representative on the issue of closing down the production, that guy told me in detail that there is no such plan but to do some modifications in the model

1) Change the speedo meter
    2) Change the shape of rear

He said since Adam is not a big player and will have to stop his current production to modify the dies and moulds so they are now trying hard to meet the orders already in hand. And after that they will go for these modifications. There are no plans to stop the production. So stop spreading rumours. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ABBASIA

What the AMC representative told you makes sense because it adds up exactly with what Mr. Feroz Khan mentioned in his in-depth interview on CNBC Pakistan some weeks back. On that program, he specifically said that because of strong public/customer demand, they are coming up with a new instrument panel and a redesigned back side.

With the slowly but steadily increasing number of Revos being seen on the road, this rumor just does not seem to fit into the scheme of things. A timely formal official statement clarifying the situation coming from AMC management would go a long way to address potential (and existing) customer concerns while at the same time put a check on rumors making rounds.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

datz very sad : (
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gentlemen. The last thing I wanted to do is spread rumors. This information was to have an intelligent academic dialog about this occurance.

@ABBASIA: Wouldn't that be expected from a Company official? And regarding the CNN interview, they were supposed to be up to 20 cars per day by October and they are at 6 cars per day for the remainder of the build.

As hurt as Feroz Khan is from this, and others of us less so financially, but emotionally, the biggest loss is to our Pakistani brothers and sisters is Freedom of Choice:

Competition begets quality and fiscal performance. The freedom to have a choice, albiet a somewhat simple one, is better than to have no choice at all...and that is what we have lost here, Bhailog, Freedom!

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm if they are selling 6 cars a day, thats a preety reasonable avg. on 0 sales, closing was an option.
    their sale is low so is their production ... so yes like your topic says Revo can come to an end but not whole AMC. Revo is closing down and making way for Revo II
    and u said every car was made with 50000 loss??
    i think we acted correctly by not buying it
    more we bought it the quicker the company would have closed.
    i dont think they advertised Revo. like i opened a gamingzone. havent advertised it eventhough its running since 1 year. i just want it to be perfect then i'll go for big thing.
    MotownMadman sir i want to hear this once from your mouth(keyboard) is AMC closing or Revo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List