1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone got a clue?

What is this crap that we have to deal with ..paying hundreds of thousands ruppees premimum to buy a sub standard automobile. Any one has serious ideas on how to get to the root of this problem? Is this all fake? Car makers cry crocodile tears to prevent the masses from buying high quality imported cars...while they rob us blind. Anything we can do peacefully to address this non sense?

CAUTION: DSC OFF!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

many reasons

1. The people with black money dont give a damn in how much price they are buying

2. A strong reason is that when you Book a new car NTN number is given to the company. This is a way of government to check people who are wealthy that are they paying tax or not. A new file gets open wheneva u buy a 0 meter car. People dont want to pay taxes and prove to Gov from where the income is coming so they prefer buying it on ON price and slip from the CBR

3. Most of em says ""really "" the cars aint expensive here"" they are cheap

4. The Leasing issue
    AE 86

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5. The "Demand & Supply" problem in Pakistan. Car manufacturers or assemblers are not working in their full capacity whereas demand is huge. So those who don't want to take risk of getting a booked car so late like 9 - 10 months they prefer to buy cars by paying own or whatever you call it. This is also due the the monoply of bloody Jap cars who are not letting anyother car manufacturer in Pakistan. Once you've a wide rang of competition in auto sector, you'd get rid of this own or premium.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know mr.wik_a when u talk of the economy of the country and claims u r a patriot citizen and on the other hand want to import luxury which cost thousands of millions of dollars.from where will u be able to geather that much foreign exchange to import those luxuries which a few can buy and blaming those which max can buy.U blame Japs. I blame bloody ***** American GM not investing in any country just to just earn a lot of profit to outfit Toyota Motor with Lexus.yes Pakistani assemblers r overloaded and haven,t got much of the resources as Japs do.There fore due to overload these things coul happen.Just look at the faulty production by Ford In Usa.It only goes on with overloadin of work
    Faza main Hebat ki Yalghaar
    Thunder Bird/Fighting Falcon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didn't talk of importing luxrious cars. fine. don't try to interpret my comments accroding to your own will. with a wide range of variety means a situation where not only jap cars would be in market but also the other local manufactured cars. just like renault that is going to launch its plant in Pakistan. This is a good sign. now a 1.6 renault with local production would never be called as luxrious. soon GM would launch plant of Optra in Pakistan. now 1.6 optra would not be a unaffordable luxrious car. and plz stay cool and calm. by abusing GM you won't even heat me up by a single Celcius. huh. infact you're not a patriot. You're i guess a japanese chap trying to degrade the technology of whole world. be cool and calm. you won't do anything to me.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok I ran into this guy the other day who works in a bank .. he told me their bank books 300 honda civics every month .. so just imagine thats just 1 bank booking 300 civics every month..
    you can make alot out this .. need i say more?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wik_a, dharjava & everyone here

let me tell u something in simple english.
    85%-90% of the people in pakistan CANT afford a corolla or a civic which costs around 12 lacs! agreed?

now, next step. whats the use of complaining that there are no good cars in pakistan & all cars are ****.
    some born losers arise from the crowd too and say w0w porsche is coming to pak, audi is coming to pak, and so on, when the mass population or 85%-90% of the people cant afford those luxury sedans! they cant even afford civics and corollas! its just wastage of time commenting on such stupid topics.

hell yes everyone know we are a developing nation, we are not americans or arabic or europeans with lots of bank balances! and we cant afford those cars.

the point is if porsche comes to pakistan hardly 5-10 cars will be sold in 2 years in private sector. only few fat rich asses can afford 2-3 crores on cars! not the mass poplation.

and u people being idiots of class A1 say WOW our country is progressing with the arival of GM, Sunny, or Audi.
    the REAL prosperity will be when the mass population will have resources to ACTUALLY buy those cars!

accept the FACT tht even U CANT afford a Merc S class, or Bimmer 7 series or Audi A8 or Porsche 911 for EVERYDAY driving!

i ACCEPT the fact the at this time under current circumstances i CANNOT afford a car costing more than 12 lacs!
    so my options are civic and corolla and city. why not optra, sunny, etc? simple because i dont have time and money for their limited and expensive spares as well as their availability

@haseeb,
    just to rewiew the validity of ur posts, i concluded my survey. and the result was tht even on LEASE there are no more than 100 hondas every months by a respective bank usually around 30-40civics. where as from showroom hardly 15-20 a month! so get ur facts straight and tell THIS to tht guy who claims to sell 300 civic everymonth!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alphaX, thread starter ur saying as if u have hefty amount to buy a lexus or merc but can buy due to the holy presence of toyota and honda. I suppose u are one of those u say the country is progressing by seeing the banners and advertisements of AUDI and PORSCHE and RENAULT. keep ur facts straight buddy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any body has a clue that why alphaX still riding Sohrab.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All I am saying is the we should get our moneys worth. If we have to continue buying local assembled cars then car manufacturers in Pakistan need to seriously address quality issues. Especially, Toyota and Suzuki. You hear a lot from the car manufacturers when the govt decreases import duties. I dont see them pursuing quality flaws in their cars, that they blantanly overlook. As conusmers, we need to start getting picky. Come on guys...1.3 million is a lot money for Pakistan Assembled corolla with bad suspension and faulty brakes.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tech_wiz. all that i wrote was that with the arrival of such cars the other car manufacturers would be encouraged about the economic conditions of our country. i don't think that audi or prosche has got dumbass officials like you who are coming to Pak to sale their 5-10 cars in 2 years. try to make some reasonable comments yaar. comon. whats the problem. if there would be a competition then the manufacturers of here would definitely improve the quality of their products. alphaX is right. atleast we should get what we are paying for. totally stupid comments by you mr tech_wiz. Its just that other investors would be encouraged and there'd be a competition in local market. if audi is coming then other might also come. not equivalent to the standard of audi. see renault is not equivalent to audi but corolla and civic would have to improve quality if they'd get a competition. same would happen if sunny, optra and lancer start their local production in market. this is all that we're barking here which you're feeling difficult to swallow.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with u just as a matter of fact i said the same thing mr tech_wizbut in a really harsh manner.i was just answering to the statements of wik_a who thinks that the arrival or import os audi or chevys or any other thing is benifitting Pakistan.Mr. Wik_a is trying to advertise GM on this forum.While the audis or Mecds cannot bring any change in our society.Mr. wik_a alwayas call mehran a garbage just trying to impose his chevy exclusive on mehran which an average man can buy easily and foolfill his needs of transportation.Mr. wik_a while claming Optra a luxurious car get ur brain screwed.Optra is an Average or Above average car like Corolla or Civic.I think next day u will start comparing optra with crown royal or crown majesta or lexus or mercedes or bmwor ferrari .I think optra competes meclarin F1 indeed and i think it can beat Maclarin F1 toooooooooo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

alphax i agree with u bro we need 2 start getting more 4 are money 4miliion is alot of money and u get a damn box as meharan 4 that price come on i knw suzuki can do alot better than that wht u think

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the quality should be improved in a manner that it does not affect the prices.the quality should be same as r in their parent countries or other countries.absolutely thier may be some problems in Corollas brakes and there may be some problems in civics suspensions.these should be overcomed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So we all agree that we do need our money's worth.

How do we get the manufacturers attention? One way would be to start independent comparos between different cars. If not that, alteast start a log here on cars that are manufactures in pakistan and report problems and maintanence schedules..like a long term test?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wik_a,
    ur callin me dumbass, but ur idiot of class A1 ur self! are u a rich fat *** u can buy 20 audis a month and 20 porsches? cars in the range of 80 lacs to 1 crore and above are already rare!

now im confirm ur a guy who makes himself happy by thinking and seeing news of top luxo cars coming. no one will have any benfit out of cars like those running on roads unless he buys it!

and let me tell u something, the country where u live in , and the economy which rules u, and the moral and social ethics u have to deal with, keeping all these things in mind, dont expect to make ur 4 lacs soo worth it tht pakistan will give a mercedes for ur beloved 4 lacs.

Mr WIK_A all cars in pakistan
    Sunny-Optra-Civic-Corolla-Cutlu-Santro-Mehran-Chevy-.....
    ARE MADE TO TRANSPORT YOUR CHICKEN *** FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER.

your girl-looking chevy wont become common. ur critising mehran for 4 lacs, wtf, ur girlish chevy is 5lacs+
    keep ur facts and ethics straight buddy

@alphaX what are u talking about? corolla's supension is one of tha best! its softer and reliable, it recently won awards beating mazda3, civic EX, and sunny. and the whole world agreed except dumbasses like u

what faulty brakes? the only problem is tht it does not has ABS, put in an ABS and ur on the track there's nothing to do with brakes, its ur wrong mental judgement

and all the freaks who think sunny, optra and imported cars are better, will regret then they'll have to face the problems regarding spares, their availablity, and maintenence costs!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

see tech_wiz!!! you're good at abusing. me too but i don't wanna abuse as this is not a matter of personal interest. what can i say to you yaar. you're just taking me wrong. all i said was that "WITH THE ARRIVAL OF SUCH CARS, THE OTHER CAR MANUFACTURERS WOULD BE ENCOURAGED AND WOULD THINK TO BRING THEIR INVESTMENT TO PAK BY PRODUCING CARS (EQUIVALENT TO THAT OF COROLLA AND CIVIC OR MAY BE TO THAT OF CULTUS, ALTO W.R.T CC) IN PAKISTAN. THIS SITUATION WOULD BRING COMPETITION AMONG OTHER CAR MANUFACTURERS PRESENT IN PAK AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO IMPROVE THEIR QUALITY. thats all what i said. i didn't say that if prosche is coming then rolls royce would also come. when other car manufacturers who manufactuere cars of 1000 or 1300 or 1600 cc would see that these cars are present in Pak they would also think of coming to Pak and this would result in the variety present for Pakis to choose a car from. thats all what i said.
    and if you've not tried chevy then kindly don't comment upon it. mehran is a piece of ****. i've a lot of stuff to compare things between chevy and mehran but its not time to do so. ppl are regretting who buy mehran. they know that mehran is a poor quality car yet they are compelled to buy it as they have no other option. this is what i was trying to say. if their would be a competition they (mehran) would improve its quality. see when there was no chevy, the mehran didn' bring any change in its shape even. but when it came the chevy. they changed, though a bit yet they did. so its obvious that a competition would bring in things like quality issues addressed. and kindly don't be rude. by abusing me you can't do any harm to me. i can abuse very well but why would i? i'm just commenting on the dilemma our country is facing. and i was just trying to say that ppl who can afford to buy cars worth above 1 million even for those who can afford only 4 lacs should get what they are paying for. it must atleast give them relaxation from safety features. i'm not saying that mehran should put in 10 speakers, cd player, power pack. just that its body should be made strong. brakes should be perfect and stuff like these. i hope you won't be furious any more. there's nothing there to get furious on to. so plz be calm yaar. we must comment upon topics in a friendly manner. the moment we enter into personal comments, we lose all ethics and manners so we must avoid it. and plz try to understand what i'm saying. its not that audi or prosche would make this country a developed. just that their arrival would be a strong indicator for other car manufactuerers. i hope you've got me this time. and plz be cool and calm i ask once again. plz be cool.

mr dharjava!!! you think that i'm commenting upon mehran coz i own chevy??? oh have you forgot the term 'MHERAN GA'. what about that??? if you think that mehran is a good car then i've an idea for you. your family was intending to buy a mehran. go and buy them super duper luxry, supercharged mehran. your mind is a piece of ****.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys the purpose of this thread was to find out if we can do something to improve the current situation with local assembled cars availability and find out ways to get teh quality issues addressed. I am not biased towards Honda, Toyota or any other car maker. Lets avoid using inappropriate language and see if we can do something to benefit us , the consumer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wik_a
    i got ur point but the problem is:
    if other car manufacturers ae encouraged they'll definately improve quality, but ALSO THE PRICE.

the quality which has been set in pakistan can only be increased at some price. dont except hodna to give 2.0 civic with 4 air bags, cruise control, dvd player, etc at same 12 lacs! get the facts bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Guys,
    Good informative thread (barring some personnal and unhealthy comments).
    I think everybody here is partially right but we all r missing a point which is ECONOMICS.
    The difference in market and factory prices is due to difference in supply and demand. The only solution is to increase the supply which will curb the problem. But doing that is difficult for govt because protecting the local industry is important too.(Bread and butter of million of pakistanis). I think the best, most productive and long term solution is give more incentives so as more companies setup there production plants instead of pushing existing manufacturers to increase there capacity. new plants will bring more investment and employ more ppl than increasing capacity. Also it will increase competetion resulting in decreasing prices as well as automatic improvement in quality of existing product. Moreover ppl will have more option to chose from. U never know we may start exporting. same happened in South Africa where auto exports are now the largest export and not the gold and diamonds
    Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List