404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Manufacturing faults in brand new cars

Over the past few years.I have witnessed alot of manufacturing faults in brand new cars.Some of them are mind boggling.What manufacturing faults have you guys witnessed so far in which specific cars ???? list them Plz....

Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have Santro Club, its brake and accelerator are soo close to each other which is very dangerous specially when you want to apply brake in emergency.
    be happy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic Vti Manual 2006 .. Old Shape..
    Clutch Plate All Gone.. Company Didnot accepted the claim and No 1 was able to fix it in market. the guy sold it for 2 lakh loss within a month

Cultus 2007
    Many Technical Faults. The Main thing was alligmnemnt.. Nothing was perfect. gaps b.w lights door and every thing are not constant
    http://www.haseebawan.com

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Buyers of new cars (local made)! always pay few hundred rs. and get tight all the nuts and bolts before leaving the showrooms, specially the suspension ones. it will save you alot of trouble and also lot of money.

@ Punk! Cultus mein bhaateri hoo sakti hai... aagar aap mujhay cassette player ka manual dey do...
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man, im going to buy a JDM. No pakistani assemble for me .. never!

Im lucky with my city, nothing was wrong and it hasnt given much problems until recently ... but thats to happen with old age.

My cousins Mehran has gaps between welds in the panel between both doors.

Alignment was out as well.
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Buyers of new cars (local made)! always pay few hundred rs. and get tight all the nuts and bolts before leaving the showrooms, specially the suspension ones. it will save you alot of trouble and also lot of money.

Don't pay em anything ! get it done for free ! it's yer right ! don't pay these people for something that's yer right !
    Minor bun engine made Benny Lava...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought suzuk Mehran 2 years back. The indicator and wiper connections were on opposite sides!! Much like you get in cars from the UK or Daewoo racer when you would move the indicator side control which is on the right side the wipers came on and wipers side did the job for indicators except that on the wipers side only one indicator worked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bought Liana Rxi petrol in april 06

Horn wasnt working, car was wobbling too much, door lock remote was not working, fuel indicator wasnt working and the driver side door lock wasnt working even with key. Took it back door lock and remote fixed in 5 mins horn fixed in 10 mins fuel indicator fixed in 2 hours as they had to open the fuel tank to fix it for wobbling they balanced the tires crossed the rims but problem didnt solved changed them with new tires and the problem was all gone. Since then my car has done 27000 kms and Allah Ka shukar hay no problems since then and I hope and pray it keeps this way.

Bought a brand new glip in 2002 which we recently sold that car had done 80k with us and had absolutely no problems since day 1

brother bought brand new cultus in may 06 no problems in the car at all except that the deck has no rewind button it forwards with both the buttons .

father recently bought brand new xli no problems but dash board is of extremely low quality and brakes sucks big time even with 15" rims and 205 tires have to drive it slow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kia Spectra 2003.
    Horn was malfunctioning after a week or so.
    Other then that, there wasn't any manufacturing fault.
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

top of the line Liana, CNG, ABS model.
    AC stopped working. found out the dashboard switch had a problem (front panel had to be opened up).
    Main gear box seal is leaking. recently fixed. car belongs to a family member and they want to sell it now
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Japanese assembeled cars rock. My cedric has done 289951 kms with the genuine engine.Never rebuilt.

fsx
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mehran VX 2007: Bought from Adil Ashraf motors in Lahore, right after taking the car from showroom went for a Feul Fill at station and there I witnesses feul leaking from under the feul filler as it was being filled. I stopped the guy right there and went again to showroom, the guys were closing the showroom and told that its a common problem with new mehran's and i should come back the next morning for the fix. I went there the next morning and the manager of the showroom fixed it himself as it was a little job, the hose from the filler to the fuel Tank was not properly tight.
    I am back & still "Keeping my fingers crossed"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my mitsubishi lancer 94 done 96700 k.m and i recntly install new dunlop 185/7/13 tyres and a gas kit only in it its mashallah in superb condition never been brekdown in between roads.... mashallah nice maintance free and trouble free car
    -

fsx
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Coure CL 2007: Cousin bought from Toyota Garden Motors and as soon as he left the showroom, just crossed the model town more traffic signal and the car started to heat up, it was only about 1 km out of the showroom and he stopped the car as it temperature gauge reached to the highest and called Toyota Garden for help and they said we are just closing now around 5:30 p.m. and you will have to bring the car tomorrow. Then he called me, and I brought rescue along with me from Walton road, and we noticed that the auto switch for the FAN was not working and for survival we made it direct with battery. It was resolved next day from a proper electrician and not the Toyota Garden Motors.
    I am back & still "Keeping my fingers crossed"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all,

Dear fellows, nobody has mentioned that the monograms of both Civic and Corolla (within a few months span) start getting corrosion which simply damages the looks of the car.

Thanks to Allah that I went for JDM Sunny
    Drive slowly and attentively! It's the only solution to avoid severe on-road accidents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A 1.3 million 2.0d Saloon...2007 july...dashboard rattles like hell....air intake system( known as taappa) gives the most wierd sounds....at 2000rpm looks like a tractor engine.....air direction changer didnt worked...!!
    Gari ki deals only on PakWheels!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got city...the most crappy thing was generals,changed them the next day...little sounds frm dashboard...not loud but sumtimes annoying.specially a tik tik sound frm the cassete player or sumwhere near...the frnt doors,if closed hard,give very very ugly idiotic noise bucz the outer metal sheet collides wid the safty beams in the doors.

the color of the gearchanger knob is getting off...brakes wer worn out changed em today @1700rs frt 2 discs.

but apart frm this...no major fault in the engine,gear box suspension exhaust or any other electrical,mechanical parts...so im 99% satisfied wid my car.

honda sure has many problems in it but its still has a lil better quality than toyota nd suzuki...!! miht b 5% or 10% better.but all hav problems for sure.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar, got a cultus VXL two months, got 10k kms on it, from the very start the upholstery was pathetic, the plastic fitting inside the cabin was loose, the same ******** of the general tires, which make your car sway like a drunkard, had to cjange them afterward, and all of this compared against the horrendous taxes we pay to our government, lanat hai yaar
    Normality is relative; so, nobody's normal.
    Khuda hamaray waledain ka saya hamesha hamare saron par qaim rakhay...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i have no experience with PAK dealers but in Japan there are faults too in new cars.

4years back when i receive my LEGACY from subaru then power seats were not moving smothly. I claim them about this fault. Actually that was not fault coz new car need some time to adjust lot of things. They give me alternate car & keep mine for 3 days. I get back my car with all new power seats with lot of gifts.

Machines can be faulty anytime no matter new or used but aftercare is most important thing.
    I hope there comes a day when cancer goes back to just being a zodiac sign

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai aap logon ki problems sunnay kay baad main is nateejay par pohanchaa hoon kay yeh to sirf trailer hain asli film to mere paas hai.

1999 suzuki baleno brand new showroom sai niklay 2 kms chaly kay gaari ka second gear slip.phir waapis paltay to gaari nay chalnay sai mana kardiaa.pata chala bhai kay gear box hi gaya.after couple of weeks bumper park hui hi gaari sai girr gaya automatically.2 maheenay kay baad engine sai ajeeb si awaz aanay lagipick up khatam ho gaya aur gaari nay back maarnaaa shroo kardiaa.pata chala rings are weak laikin piston bhi kharaab ho saktay hain.after 5 to 6 months saaray bearings aur tires change ho chokay thay.aur yehi nahi thoray arsay baad oil pump nay bhi kaam karnaa chorrr diya.

2002 brand new suzuki alto i sold it in a week because steering wheel was to hard and no room in the car and drive and luxury was zero and the same gear slipping problems start in a day.(i bought that car for my mother)

2004 cultus(vxl) brand new showroom sai nikali tire change kiye,denter sai doors ki setting karwaayi ghar laiker gaya to driver side ki power window nay kaam karnaa chor diya.within 4 months wheel bearing awaaz kargaye.aaye din carborator ki setting karaani parti thi.i creid in the last and decided that never buy any pakistani car but my wife still crying to buy the new cultus because she likes cultus.

i know guys you wont beleive on me but i faced all kind of problems with suzukis specially and i bought every time because somebody start crying for it in my family i m so scare now because my wife start crying once again for cultus efi engine fully loaded version.
    See my updated postings for Houston Auto Show at http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!95584~ForumID!17~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you know what the legal standing in these issue is ? 'Caveat Emptor' meaning Buyer beware. If half of you had taken a half decent mechanic with you to get the car checked when taking dleivery , the problem would have been identified and fixed at the spot. Dunt expect miracles when buying a new car, as Osakaboy mentioned, problems can arise in the most advanced manafacturing country of the world, let alone Pakistan. The main issue seems to be proper customer service, I am sure when half of you lot went back with a problem , if they had offered you some tea and sweets and fixed your car for free, there wouldnt have been much to complain about.
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List