0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Can anyone give the comparison

With our automobile industry growing one can see lot of models and new cars are coming in the market. thus making it difficult for people to have a choice for selection. Same is the case when after looking at the disscussion forums on chevorlet exclusive i decided to go for it. But last week saw Chery QQ. Amazed Same specifications as of Chevorlet but many extra features than Chevorlet. But the minus point----its China made. Even than the price of Chery give it edge over Chevorlet. I am not a technical person. So i need help from my Pak wheel friends to kindly guide me for which car should i go for. Chery QQ or Chevorlet Exclusive?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

who cares? which is the better car to buy for the money it costs???
    QQ or Exclusive?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys please do not be personal over here. i just wanted a fair comparison so that i can decide between them.
    anyhow i got a good comparison. but u know u people r on the one hand right that QQ has excellent features. it is offering as good features that only luxury cars offer on high cost. but on the other hand Chev has a good background of GM motors. No doubt it was a Daewoo but guys it is the brand of Daewoo that was world wide recongnized and appreciated. isnt it? so if GM has decided to carry on the production of that model than what is harm in it. they are on the some parts of world still selling with the name of matiz that was the name given by daewoo. Cherry QQ---good car but not sound background and Chev normal car but strong background. but on the other hand the new cars get success when they r being used. problem with cherry is and that the only hinderence in deciding it that it is chinese. but we have to accept that Cherry has brilliantly copied Chevy with some good features. what u people say?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi guys, well you urself have done the comparison! y go for chevy simply because of the Brand Name and the qualities associated with this brand. One can't compare the China made QQ to GM Brand Chevrolet. The price difference speaks for itself. in today's world one must recognize that Quality does not come cheap. Too have extra one must spend extra.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GM product is not doing good in china but in india also it has been ranked no.1

Chevrolet rated No.1 brand in india automobiles and the 3rd most successful brand across
    categories - Brand Derby 2005, The Strategist, Business Standard.

Business Standard has rated Chevrolet the No. 1 automobile brand from among nine contenders in this year's Brand Derby. Chevrolet's impressive rankings are a result of the innovative communication GM adopted, the right emotional hook, importance of word-of-mouth and intelligent positioning of the vehicles.

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_data/AP/IN/en/GBPIN/001/BRANDSITE/GM_awards.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar, @ bon747.. seriously, u r confused. the topic is not GM vs Chery but QQ vs Exclusive (matiz or spark or whatever).

thank you for your insite in the brand of GM but what are you smoking??? MATIZ is currently not even selling in INDIA!?? just announced that they would in the near future!! sheesh!!

honestly, i think discussing w/ you guys constructively is pointless, u guys just blindly on GM payroll/ salary. cuz its an american company. lol.

just wait n watch, once the QQ's hit the road its bye bye to Exclusive.. CHEVY is so embarrased of its sales figures in Pakistan that it wuoldnt publish them, while competition are selling thousands upon thousands per annum. how many did Chevy sell in this market since the last 3-4 years it has been in the pakistani market that is commanding a premium and has an acute shortage of cars? lol
    a mere few hundred?

my last comments are that time and consumers would prove me right at my assertion and that the lobby of big, unsuccessful but powerful companies who are exploiting us poor customers would sooner or later break. be it Linux against microsoft or some small car maker against the GM, FORD etc Dinosaurs. i hope several other small dynamic car companies would enter pakistan soon so that the this monopoly of a few players with inferiro cars being sold at high prices would forever disappear InshaAllah
    May u be blessed wid the car u like most

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gr8pak!!!
    thats a pretty sneeky ans to put off a question. " HISTORY IS LITTED". the analysis that iv'e talked of never let you go to make that much big mistake. mistake could have been occured had GM bougt daewoo when it launched. there mistake could have been detected if GM had not been able to forsee the future of Daewoo. GM bought daewoo when it was going into liquidation. so rule out the possibility of mistake.
    you're telling me about the reports about GM. i tell you whats going on in GM.
    1- labour costs are too high. just an overhead of labour i.e heatlh and safety adds $1500 to each vehicle that they produce. yeah EACH VEHICLE.
    2- their plants are in detroit where direct labour costs are way higher. Jap-brands manufacturer have their plants in (i've forgot the name of that place) where labour costs are considerably cheaper.
    3- GM is the organization with the very huge ever number of employees. they also pay pension to their employees. they've decided to cut down just 25000 jobs (currenty they have more than 350k i guess) and you know how much savings would be generated? $1.2 BILLION. just cutting off 25000 jobs and you can imagine the total labour costs that GM incurred.
    They've not got the resources to spend, without worry, on R&D. They were offered by a billionare KK. he offfered to buy their 28lkh shares at $31 each. you know that offer was rejected. GM ain't facing lack of capital resources.
    so rather calling others the promoter of GM look at what your replies say. The car that has not been on the raod. no one has tested for more that 6-7months. you're defending that car? ridiculous. i can deduce following:
    yo're either someone who's booked chery or
    you've close association with chery.
    bhai meray jo may nay kaha hei us ko zara ghaur say perho. you'd be the one who'd ultimately feel embarassed for taking the topic to this level. all that i said was that
    ITS A GOOD SIGN. CHERRY HERE SHOULD PROVE ITSELF. MAY IT PROVES TO BE A GOOD CAR. IF IT'D BE A RIVAL OF CHEVY SO WHAT? LET THERE BE COMPETITION. BUT DON'T DEGRADE OTHERS. YOU LIKE CHERY THEN GO FOR THAT. DON'T MAKE JUVENILE ATTEMPTS TO SCORE 100 FOR A CAR THATS NOT BEEN ON THE ROAD. COME UP AND OBSERVE THINGS RATIONALY RATHER BIASDLY.
    by the way. give ans to my supplementy question. you mentioned many features of Chery. fine. well as per your reply HUYNDAI is the no.1 car in Korea. fine? now chevy and santro give almost same features in almost same price.
    Chery on the other hand gives features that are present in sedans. how come chery can give you that features at a price lower than chevy and santro? something clicked your mind????
    bhai meray do buy chery. ALLAH keray k yei acchi gari sabit ho. but let it be on the road. and don't degrade other cars. aap PAKSITANI ho. don't you know what is said when a thing fails to work quite early. it's said that 'CHINA KA MAAL HEI'. bhai china is facing serious quality issues in Pak. so let that car be tested here. China apnay mulk aur baki mulkoon may bohot acchi cheezain export kerta hei. but here. everyone knows. so be substantial and objective. I hop eyou'd understand this time.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol. thanks to your post, now we all very sure you getting some scrubs from GM. lol. btw. u just cut ur own foot off by pointing to all the problems w/ GM. lol. it says bankruptcy is near.

other than that, you have ONE valid point, the QQ cars have still to hit the road in Pakistan and i will jsut give u this much. sure chery is new to pakistan but i read that its been around for abotu 2 years globally.

my issue w/ GM is that if they are bringing in a Korean car to Pakistan, that is made in korea, they should market it at prices that are worth its mantle, not Prices that would cost to produce in the US!

as for the price issue. how can chery give out a car w/ great features? hmm,i dont know, since i am not close to the chery company as you seem to be w/ the GM company. however, ponder over this with an unbiased mind and w/out tilting towards your employer-GM
    . u think the mehran, after being on the market for 10+ years should cost as much as upto 4 lacs, i think it should get cheaper as parts are easier to produce, no new machinery is needed etc etc?? dont u thikn the corrolla that sells for around USD11k upto 15k worldwide should cost in Pakistan more than USD 20k for the local assembled model with half the featuers as international models? is this right price? geez u can get a decent sized jeep for that much abroad. you honestly think the santro is worth Rs. 639,000? when u get add a little more money and get a city?

if you think yes to any of the questions above, you simply have too much free money on your hands. i sincerely believe that the cars in Pakistan are way overpriced at the expense of the general public. i thikn the entrance of the chery car company is great and i sincerely hope that it would spur others to improve the quality of their cars and rationalize their prices also.
    i am also praying that all the other car companies of the world should also take interest in the pakistani market and start to set up their plants here. inshaAllah.
    for too long we all have been exploited at the hands of a few bunch who are misleading us all by taking sides w/ those who are exploiting us.

as for booking the qq, i will inshaAllah go for booking starting next month, when i get my salary. have to get it financed. cannot afford the full price for cash payment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh lala jee (i ain't khan btw) kiya masla hei aap k saath. o bhai wo jo may nay likha hei k GM ain't facing Capital Resources. wo kiya hei? us ka kiya matlab hei? us ka yei matlab hei k it won't go to liquidation. just a crucial time on GM. and I agree. They are facing. They've faced poor control over management. o yaar. bus ker do. ager meray replies ko aap sahi nahi samajh saktay to mat reply kero. accha yaar. jo milta hei mujhay GM say mujhay lainay do. aap ko jo milta hei Chery say aap us pe saber shuker kero. don't compare local assembling with international manufacturing. Chevy is imported car. compare chery with vitz even. its got all the stuff that youv'e mentioned in your chery. now don't say that china is better than japan. just take airbags out of vitz. still it won't reach the price level of 500k (being currently @ 800+k). would it?
    kiya ho gaya hei bhai.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well said wik bhai, gr8 bhai yar chaolo let not campare GM with cherry , let carry on cherry vs matiz (exculsive), look bhaya this matiz is now called spark in some country but from june onward daewoo would not be used . this matiz is doing good all over ...

GM Again Increases Sales and Market
    Share in Europe

Chevrolet continued its strong growth across Europe in the first half of the year, with total sales of 117,000, a 25 percent increase over the same period a year earlier (93,550). After 0.86 percent half-way through 2004, Chevrolet's share of the total European market has now reached 1.07 percent. While Italy remains Chevrolet's largest market in Europe with sales of 16,000 cars and a market share of 1.22 percent in the first six months of the year, growth was particularly strong in Central and Eastern Europe (107 percent). Chevrolet's most important product for this year, the new Matiz (Spark in some markets) was launched in May and achieved total sales of over 7,300 by the end of June.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=16566

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice info abt chevy bon bhai. kinda new to me. i'm gr8ful to you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wik_a n bon 747 aka employees of GM in pakistan..

first you quote to me Sales in India of GM in a topic for Matiz/ Spark/ Exclusive and when pointed out that this car is not being sold there, you simply post another link.
    wah bhai wah! congratulations, you have learnt to use a search engine on the web.

Wik_A- dude you are beyond stupid to compare japanese pricing w/ chinese

reason can be argued with.. your stupidity cannot be. based on your arguments for GM in other posts/forums also, i have come to the conclusion that you two are probably some lowly paid employees of GM who have all the time in the world to post their lame views on others.

i dont give a damn, what you say on regarding your fabricated propagandas. keep doing it . i've got better things in life to do that to argue w/ u two
    lamers on forums.

arguing with you two is like competing in the special olympics. even if you win you are still a retard!! no thanks!

best regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wik_a, 747 n gr8pak

all plz shut up. diz is stupid.
    in the end da car dat is best will come out on top by selling more in pakistan. Chevy we know and we saw. Chery we will see.

khatam karo yeh saab ko. no 1 is listning more 2 u all here.

some1 plz tell me how is optra cmpared with toyota. why totyta come with 1800 cc??? bohat petrol free hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gr8pak!!!
    go to hell. sorry for being polite to you. you don't deserve. you've got a fatty mind in your skull. go and love your cherry and spend you rest life on the earnings you get from cherry and let us live on what we get from GM. MY Goodness i've neve seen such a stupid person in my life who is so much crazy after his liking that he doesn't listen to what other is saying and keep on braging his stuff. sorry. i don't wanna argue with you anymore. longlive you and your cherry.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

abey oyee chiness noodle, y dont u admit u can only effort cheap chiness product, chiness car and for night get cheap chinees women for bed. wik i agree let him live his life with his darling chery. abey if we are paid by GM which prove we are more qualified , but on other side been paid by poor chiness chery ppl.....tch tch iam sure u are chery sale guy and all stuff by me and wik and by other are huting u , sorry mate cant help it....... learn to live with facts ....lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahah. good yaar wik_a and bon747, great. if your language and your attitude regarding other humans reflects your qualifications then may Allah have mercy on GM and its future. lol

as for me. well i have booked this car for september delivery. financing from soneri bank. we shall inshaAllah see who is right about quality and value.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gr8pak!!!
    language and qualification. good see where do you stand.

Reply By : gr8pak on 7/29/2005 10:228 AM

1- """Wik_A- dude you are beyond stupid to compare japanese pricing w/ chinese """

2- """i have come to the conclusion that you two are probably some lowly paid employees of GM who have all the time in the world to post their lame views on others"""

3- """i've got better things in life to do that to argue w/ u two
    lamers on forums."""

4- """even if you win you are still a retard!! no thanks!"""

KINDLY CHECK YOUR QUALIFICATION.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar gr8 me and wik are really happy for u , kindly post urs and ur QQ pic in sept.....waise u did ur schoolin in china? how much mark up soneri bank is charging? aur haan with QQ do the customer get any gifts?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aur haan with QQ do the customer get any gifts?

Yes they do get......CHEVROLET EXCLUSIVE......with pamper on......lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers