3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - A1GP - Season 07/08 -

Last year I started a thread about A1 Grand Prix 2007 Season, that didn't go too well, probably because of lack of interest or because of Pakistan's performance. But Adam Khan is driving for Pakistan this season and we may see some good results. Stay tuned and keep posting.

===============================================

New A1GP season ready to launch

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The waiting is almost over. The teams are ready. The drivers are ready. Zandvoort is ready.

The 2007/08 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport season kicks of at Circuit Park Zandvoort this weekend, and every indication is that this season will be the closest yet.

Here is A1GP.com’s exclusive season preview of every nation’s prospects for Season Three. Remember to come back to A1GP.com throughout the season, the only official website for A1GP World Cup of Motorsport.

www.a1gp.com
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A1 Team
    Pakistan

Pakistan has chosen to go back to basics for Season Three, with the recalling of 22-year-old Adam Khan as lead driver. While Nur Ali last season was one of the nicest characters to have around, Khan’s previous A1GP results means he has been selected to get behind the wheel again. Remember, he finished seventh in the inaugural race at Brands Hatch in 2005, and scored the squad’s best result to date in the Shanghai Feature race in April 2006. The green and white car has been up nearer the front in testing over the summer, so expect progress and perhaps even podium finishes this season.
    - A1GP - Season 0708 - -768459

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Encouraging form from A1 Team
    Pakistan
    ahead of season opener

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A1 Team Pakistan completed final preparations for the third season of A1GP today, at the Silverstone circuit in the UK. The team completed 60 laps over the one and a half day test demonstrating promising pace to set the 12th fastest time overall.

Adam Khan was again behind the wheel of the A1 Team Pakistan car, following a successful two day test at Silverstone last month. Pakistan was the last team out on track yesterday, completing 22 laps in the first session to set the ninth fastest time. The team took advantage of the afternoon session to replicate race set-up with a full tank of fuel.

Khan completed a further 11 laps on Wednesday morning, to set the team’s best time of the test – enough to put Pakistan ahead of countries such as Netherlands, Canada and season one champions – France.

Speaking about the test, Khan said, “The test has gone very well, the team have done a great job with the car, it felt very good from the start, which is a good sign for the season ahead. I think we know where we are in the overall scheme of things, the team is pulling together well and everybody feels ready for the first race now.”

Chief Engineer Dave Luff commented, “Adam did extremely well again this week, and made no mistakes. Yesterday we worked on set-up and found a good compromise which suited the car and Adam’s driving style. We did a new tyre run this morning, but I think in hindsight, we probably went out a little too early before the track had reached the optimum performance level.

“We also did some full tank runs to see how the balance of the car changed in race trim and gave the team some pit stop practice, which went very well. It’s been a very good couple of days; the team has worked fantastically well together. I’m very happy with how it has gone at Silverstone and feeling positive ahead of the season opener at Zandvoort.”

Season three of the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport kicks off at Zandvoort Circuit Park in the Netherlands on 29 September. A1GP follows the winter sun around the globe, taking in 11 race venues across Europe, Asia, Australasia and South America. A1 Team Pakistan will be joined by 21 other teams in Zandvoort, each racing for the pride of their nation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A1 GP NETHERLANDS ZANDVOORT

=======================================

France takes first blood
    Saturday, September 29, 2007

A1 Team France set the early pace as practice for A1GP Zandvoort got underway.

Driver Loic Duval sped round the wet 2.6-mile track in 1m 46.618s right at the death of the session, to snatch the top spot and unofficial position as early favourite for this weekend’s two races.

The entire session was run in damp conditions, with Duval’s fastest time of more than 16 seconds off last year’s best, set by A1 Team South Africa’s Adrian Zaugg in the dry.

Due to no practice sessions being scheduled for the Friday meeting because of Zandvoort’s noise legislation, there were two sessions timetable for this morning, before this afternoon’s qualifying session.

A1 Team Mexico was the surprise early leader for the bulk of the session, topping the timesheets until the last-gasp effort by France. He eventually classifed second.

Despite Salvador Duran not having sat in the Mexican car throughout pre-season testing, the 22-year-old was supreme round a damp Zandvoort track.

Infact, the last time Duran drove an A1GP car was at his home race in Mexico City last March, making his pace in the treacherous conditions all the more impressive.

Christian Vietoris was third quickest for Germany, with South Africa’s Zaugg fourth quickest. A1 Team Ireland was a strong fifth quickest, only a second off Duval’s best, on driver Ralph Firman’s return to A1GP.

With the wet conditions, several drivers had incidents and spins.

Joao Urbano was most affected in the Portugal car, crashing out after just 20 minutes into the session when he slid into the tyre barriers at a hairpin. He was running fast at the time, however he was unable to get going again after damage.

The damage was only minor however, and the team should be able to fix it before the next session.
    Among others to have minor incidents included New Zealand’s Jonny Reid, the Czech Republic’s Erik Janis, the USA’s Buddy Rice and home favourite Jeroen Bleekemolen’s Netherlands’ entry.

Source: A1GP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A1 GP NETHERLANDS ZANDVOORT

=======================================

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

Pos A1 Team Driver Time Gap Laps
    1 Switzerland Neel Jani 1'45.090 18
    2 France Loïc Duval 1'45.445 0.355 28
    3 Germany Christian Vietoris 1'45.852 0.762 26
    4 Mexico Salvador Durán 1'45.930 0.840 23
    5 South Africa Adrian Zaugg 1'46.651 1.561 25
    6 Netherlands Jeroen Bleekemolen 1'46.666 1.576 23
    7 India Narain Karthikeyan 1'46.726 1.636 31
    8 Italy Enrico Toccacelo 1'46.726 1.636 23
    9 Ireland Ralph Firman 1'47.175 2.085 25
    10 Great Britain Oliver Jarvis 1'47.501 2.411 27
    11 New Zealand Jonny Reid 1'47.631 2.541 29
    12 Czech Republic Erik Janis 1'47.812 2.722 26
    13 Brazil Sérgio Jimenez 1'47.835 2.745 29
    14 China Cheng Cong Fu 1'48.214 3.124 29
    15 Australia Ian Dyk 1'48.791 3.701 32
    16 Lebanon Chris Alajajian 1'49.266 4.176 26
    17 Pakistan Adam Khan 1'49.342 4.252 9
    18 Portugal João Urbano 1'49.401 4.311 17
    19 USA Buddy Rice 1'49.797 4.707 29
    20 Malaysia Alex Yoong 1'50.489 5.399 20
    21 Canada James Hinchcliffe 1'50.751 5.661 2
    22 Indonesia Satrio Hermanto 1'54.960 9.870 22

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New liveries finally hit track

Saturday, September 29, 2007

- A1GP - Season 0708 - -768732

Several teams have unveiled new liveries in time for the opening race weekend of the season at Zandvoort, the Netherlands.

A1 Team Pakistan, Switzerland, South Africa and Mexico showed off their new colours for 2007 when they took to the track in this morning’s opening practice session.

Perhaps the most innovative of the bunch is that of Switzerland, that has opted for a blue and white design with a livery highlighting the Swiss Alps on the back of its engine cover.
    A1 Team Pakistan had a special ceremony in the pit lane to unveil its new design with driver Adam Khan peeling away the national flag to launch the car. The team has retained the distinctive dark green livery, embellished with the national flag crescent and star to clearly distinguish the nation from the other 21 countries competing in A1GP.

- A1GP - Season 0708 - -768733

A1 Team Mexico and South Africa have paint-scheme similar to last year’s liveries, but all have distinctive design tweaks on them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All news and images Source: www.a1gp.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A1GP - Ferrari power for 2008
    A six-year engine supply deal concluded
    11/10/07 10:30

In a short statement issued this morning from Maranello, Ferrari announced that it has concluded a 'technological collaboration' with the A1GP series to supply engines from next season. In addition, the Italian manufacturer will consult on he design and manufacture of next A1 chassis. Zytek Engineering currently build and service the 3.4 litre V8 engines.

"Partnering with a world-class organisation like Ferrari will officially position A1GP one of the most significant motorsport series’ in the world," stated A1GP Chairman Tony Teixeira. "Ferrari will bring immense value to our brand and in our opinion there is no better partner to progress the series. We will be meeting with our commercial partners over the next few weeks to discuss the opportunities this partnership presents.
    "

The partnership with Ferrari extends to an exclusive licensing agreement for all A1GP merchandise to use the Ferrari name and phrase ‘Powered by Ferrari’ from January 2008.

Ferrari statement
    "Ferrari announces it has reached a technological collaboration agreement with the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport. The agreement covers the supply of engines and consultancy relating to the designing of the chassis for the cars that will compete in this series to 2014. The agreement will also be extended to a second series, the A2GP, for which testing will begin starting in 2009."

E.A.
    Source A1 / Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khan best since '05 - but unhappy

Saturday, October 13, 2007
    Adam Khan scored A1 Team Pakistan’s best qualifying performance in 24 meetings in Brno today - yet described the run as ‘the worst feeling I’ve ever had in a car.’
    Khan put the green-and-white car 13th on the grid for the Sprint race which is the teams’ best qualifying result since A1GP Brands Hatch, Great Britain, more than two years ago.

However, Khan was visibly struggling with handling in the car and although he says he put a stellar lap together to secure that grid slot, he is concerned whether he will be able to run in the car well enough on used tyres in the race.

‘I’m not really happy with that,’ Khan said. ‘I really struggled with the set-up of the car yesterday. The car is not behaving well on old tyres and I just managed to get a good lap out of it. It was the worst feeling I’ve ever had in a car.

‘As the car runs the situation with the understeer and oversteer gets worse. We need to work on the car overnight and see what we can do. The key will be how I can make the car last on the tyres.

‘I will know first thing tomorrow when I drive the car out of the pits whether we have managed to sort it out overnight.’

However, Khan is optimistic enough to believe there is a chance of breaking into the top ten and scoring the team’s first points since Durban, South Africa last season.

‘I’d like to think I could get at least five places in the Sprint race but you never know,’ he added. ‘It will be important to get a good start and try and keep the cars behind us. I have done it before and I’ve always gained positions in the races, so you never know.’

Khan will start the Feature race in 19th.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vietoris angered by Khan

Sunday, October 14, 2007
    A1 Team Germany’s Christian Vietoris has slammed Pakistan racer Adam Khan’s driving for holding him up in today’s Feature race in Brno.

Vietoris had just made his second pit stop when he caught Khan on lap 28, who was ahead on track but had yet to make his own mandatory stop.

After three laps of trying Vietoris got by the 22-year-old, but Khan repassed when Vietoris ran wide. Vietoris waved his fist in anger before eventually getting by.

Vietoris argued that Khan should have let him through because he was the quicker car.‘He was braking so late – like 20 metres later than his normal braking point,’ Vietoris said. ‘He locked up the wheels so much and he was missing the corners but he didn’t want to let me past.

‘I wasn’t able to brake later than him because he was already braking after me.

‘The stupid thing was he was slowing himself down, He had to make another pit stop and I already had done mine. I was two or three seconds slower than my normal race pace.’

Vietoris finished the race in eighth, having finished seventh in the Sprint race earlier. Reigning champion A1 Team Germany is ninth in the points standings and Vietoris hopes it will get better soon.

‘At the moment we are just unlucky,’ he said. ‘We just need to score points then hopefully we can close the gap to the front again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sprint Race Results:

- A1GP - Season 0708 - -772849

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feature Race Results

- A1GP - Season 0708 - -772851

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khan defends Germany blocking

Sunday, October 14, 2007

A1 Team Pakistan driver Adam Khan has reacted strongly to Christian Vietoris’ comments that he should have let the German car by, by proclaiming: ‘I’m not going to let anyone through I don’t have to.’
    Vietoris had just made his second pit stop when he caught Khan on lap 28, who was ahead on track but had yet to make his own mandatory stop.

After three laps of trying Vietoris got by the 22-year-old, but Khan repassed when Vietoris ran wide. Vietoris waved his fist in anger before eventually getting by again. Vietoris hit out at Khan after the race, saying that he should have let him by because he was the quicker car.

However Khan defended his behaviour in the race saying they were racing for position.

‘Christian can wave his hands in the air if he likes – bully for him,’ Khan said sarcastically after the race ‘At the end of the day it is racing and I’m not going to let somebody past. He wasn’t lapping me or anything, we were racing for position. I didn’t see any blue flags, so I was going to block him, as I am entitled to do.

‘He did initially get past me because his car was so much quicker on the newish tyres but my tyres were older, worn out and screwed anyway. That enabled him to get past but I was able to make a switchback and get back by.

‘I’m very competitive and even if I’m a slower car at the end of the day I’m here to race. And I have to defend my position, and whether I am passing or defending you have to do it to the best of your ability, you don’t give anybody any quarter and you don’t expect any in return.’

Khan eventually finished the race in 20th, having finished the Sprint in 15th.

Results and news courtesy A1GP.com

fia
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some times on the track your sensibility leaves you and the red mist takes over, common mistake that the best of the best make. However this should not become a driving style or only bad things will happen.

Best of luck to team PAK , i can tell that they need some sponosors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

INSHALLAH ADAM KHAN WILL SURELY WIN!!! GO ADAM KHAN!!!
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Give him a competitive car, and you have a winner. The guy sure has the talent and the attitude to out do some of the greatest countries in the history of the sport.

No matter what you say but for those few laps a Pakistan car defended a German car and that was historic.

I wish Adam Khan best of luck. InshaAllah soon he will have a car to show his aggression.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khan creates excitement in Brno
    Sunday, October 14, 2007

In bright and cold conditions, A1 Team Pakistan raced for the pride of their nation today in the second round of this season’s A1GP World Cup of Motorsport. In the morning’s Sprint race, A1 Team Pakistan driver Adam Khan finished in a strong 15th place. However, struggling for speed in the Feature race, the team crossed the line 20th, but not before providing some of the most exciting racing of the weekend.

As the 22 cars thundered down towards the first corner for the traditional Sprint race rolling start, Khan was passed by two cars and dropped to 15th place by the end of lap one. Refusing to give up track position, the 22 year-old racer continued to battle his way through the field, passing A1 Team Malaysia. However, still suffering with handling problems, Khan was passed by Italy on lap two and dropped to 15th. Without the grip and handling speed to pass the cars ahead, Khan continued to stay close to the back of the Italian car and pulled out a comfortable gap from A1 Team USA and former F1 racer and last year’s race winner Alex Yoong in the Malaysian car.

Conditions remained cold and dry for the main event – the 38 lap Feature race. In a new regulation for season three, the Feature race now includes two mandatory pit stops, making team performance and race strategy a key element of the weekend.

Still suffering from the handling problems that had plagued the team throughout the weekend, Khan struggled to make up position on track in the Feature race. Despite this, a fantastic battle with last year’s champions A1 Team Germany mid way through the race proved the highlight of the day. Racing in ninth place having made just one pit stop, Khan was caught by the German car, which had already made its two mandatory pit stops. Lap after lap, Khan kept the much faster German car behind him before finally making his second pit stop on lap 30. Khan emerged back on track in 20th place, the position he would maintain to the chequered flag.

Reflecting on a difficult weekend, Khan said, “I made quite a good start in the Sprint race, but unfortunately had to take evasive action to avoid an accident ahead involving A1 Team India and that lost me quite a few places. I think P15 was the best we could have hoped for today.

“The Feature race was quite frustrating. I enjoyed a good battle with A1 Team Germany, even though my car must have been about two seconds slower a lap, I wasn’t going to let him past! Yes, I had to make another pit stop, but I wasn’t under any obligation to let him past, I think I raced hard but fair. You can’t make it easy for people to overtake you, that goes against what I’m here to do for Pakistan, which is to represent the country to the best of my ability. Its been a difficult weekend, but we will be putting it behind us now and completely focusing on the rest of the season starting in Malaysia in six weeks time.”

A1 Team Pakistan team manager Bobby Issazadhe added, “In the second pit stop the wheel nut came loose from the wheel gun, so I think we lost a bit of time there. Adam defended very well against Germany in the Feature race, but this possibly cost us a bit of time. After the last pit stop he was putting in some very good and consistent lap times, but unfortunately it was very hard to make up any positions in the latter stages of the race. A disappointing weekend overall I think, but we will be aiming to do better and get our first points of the season in Malaysia.”

A1 Team Pakistan will take a six week break before continuing their championship campaign at the impressive Sepang F1 circuit from 23 – 25 November. The state of the art facility, which is situated 60km south of the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur, has been a regular on the A1GP calendar since 2005. It will also be the first track the team have visited this season where Khan has previous experience, having represented Pakistan there in the first season of A1GP.

fia
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai logs i have nothing but best wishes for Khan Sahab, all I pointed out was during a race there is usually no point trying to hold a faster car, reason being that you have to over drive your car to stay in front, sooner or later that faster car will pass, that will be either because you will wreck yourself pushing the car harder than it can be pushed or just pure physics will kick in.

Talent is apparent in the guy, he however lack maturity at the track, given his age he needs some more seat time and he will do much better. When I was 22 about 8 years ago, I used to drive on a simple education day like i was going to win championship. Takes time and he has yet to see his prime. He will Inshallah do very well and my prayers are with him and the Pak team.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FIA...R U CRAZY..DUDE ITS COMPLETELY LEGAL SPECIALLY WHEN UR RACING FOR PLACES...HAAN I CAN UNDERSTAND IF ADAM KHAN WAS BEING OVERLAPPED THEN IT WUD BE A DUMB MOVE TO HOLD A CAR WHICH IS A LAP INFRONT...MAKES NO LOGIC AND IS ALSO AGAINST THE SPORTING RULES...!
    -

fia
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sub7er, the argument that i present is not about legality or is it? It is about survival on the track. You have to finish a race to win one, over driving your car will most likely result in either not finishing or loosing places because your tires , fuel, suspension , motor or 1000 other factors start to act up.

This is more about understanding and realizing your cars potential and even in some cases taking notes as to what needs to be fixed.

Also I am not crazy, just thought I would answer that....lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List