3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Looks like a dream come true for Ross Brawn. Now the only thing to decide is who to put in the driving seat along side Jenson Button the old is gold Rubens or the newbie Bruno Senna.

Okay tell me if you have to select whom you chose. It's a question for every one.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You `ve asked a tough question my friend. With so many rule changes for this year, experience is at a premium. We might see as the season wears on that some teams who don`t have experienced drivers or drivers who are not very good with the technical side begin to struggle. For that reason i would opt for Rubens, besides i like him so i am a little biased. Pitted against him is, Bruno Senna, and that name, his surname! That would bring in sponsors, and so do would Bruno Senna himself. Its a delicate balancing act, Rubens` experienced against Bruno Senna`s millions and name. Here is a thought, how about kick Button out and put both Brazilians, Rubens, and Bruno Senna in the car?

p: s in case i never said it before, i do not like button:-)
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius

interesting question indeed.

I agree with @UK's assessment of the situation... Bruno would surely bring in the media and the dosh ($$$) but at the same time I think he would also bring in a serious amount of speculation and possibly undue pressure on himself and the new outfit... something they could very well do without. I would love to see this kid race simply to see if it does run in the genes... I saw him test drive the Nissan Gtr on fifth gear and he seemed to pull off some sweet drifts (I know that has nothing to do with F1 and all the guys on the track can pull off drifts) but the kid looked good...

On the other hand we have rubinio... enough said.

I think Honda are better off with a guy who can say "been there done that" rather than a kid who wants to get there and wants to do that (and quite possibly can)... I think the new outfit would benefit from rubens experience so my conclusion...

the same as uncle's... kick out Button and offer the drives to Rubens and bruno... and unlike uncle I actually like Button (ok not button but the chicks he brings to the track... there is a whole different website dedicated to the gals he pulls... blimey the kid got game)...
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK and beglar
    Guys if you could really believe you guys have catch the words out of my mouth I want to write the same thing about this situation and both of you guys have really judge it perfectly I also want Button out of F1. The reason is simple he has not done any thing when the team was compatable with the front runners during the 2004 season while his team mate has got more points then him that season. And you know who was his teammate the biggest disaster of F1 TakumaSato.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK, BB & Genius

I love Rubens. He was not given the respect he deserved at Ferrari, but he could never have been an equal to Shumi. He survived his stint at Ferrari partly because of his talent but mostly it was about keeping the mouth shut.

It was bad luck that he ended up at Honda at a really bad time, otherwise we all know he is a podium finisher.

Having said that if I was to decide who to select for next season, I would go for Senna. Barichello has seen all of it, the good times and the bad times. I am sure, Honda ain't gonna be near the top 8 this season, so why put in the experienced Rubens? I mean, if you want to finish only, and give your sponsors some tv time, your best choice would be Takuma Sato, who will make sure he comes in the way of the race leader every time he is blue flagged, which means, he will attract a lot of attention. I am sure, Honda isn't aiming for that.

Honda, at this time, needs fresh blood and aggressive attitude, so Senna would be the right choice. He will drive is shoes off to finish as high as he can.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NS
    Well one thing would go against Bruno and that is his surname and as UK said he will be under some unneeded pressure which could hurt his start of career at the top of the line racing. Their is one more thing which came as may be a coincidence but this could become a history maker and that is although he joins a team name as Honda F1 but the engine or the transmission would be provided by same Mclaren for which his uncle drove his last race of life. This season could be a real teaser for the top of the line teams, and I could even predict that their may be some extraordinary result just like last season's last 1/3 part.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New Force India debuts at start of Jerez test

All eyes were on Force India on Sunday morning as they officially revealed their 2009 challenger, the VJM02, at Jerez in Spain, following a private shakedown for the Mercedes-powered machine at Silverstone earlier in the week.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/8966.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I expected you to at least post a few pictures of the most eagerly awaited car of the year, the Force India VJM02 especially when you know beglar has been waiting for this car. :p

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -924676

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -924677

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -924678

Mallya: Force India have 'no excuses'

Vijay Mallya says his Force India team have 'no excuses' not to score regular points in 2009 thanks to their technical partnership with McLaren-Mercedes.

The Woking team and their German engine partners are supplying Force India with engines, gearboxes, hydraulics and kinetic energy recovery systems for the new VJM02 chassis, which makes its public testing debut at Jerez today.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73478

Technical analysis: Force India VJM02

Force India were the last team confirmed for 2009 to launch their car. The gestation of the VJM02 was interrupted by a late switch to a McLaren Mercedes power train in November last year.

Equally the departure of the chief technical officer, Mike Gascoyne was announced around the same time must have also had an impact on the car's development. Despite these apparent setbacks, the car rolled out today shows some innovative thinking and is a far more complex design than might be expected from the team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73500

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now for a laugh read this, and read all the article if you want a good laugh.

Patrick hesitant about USF1 possibility

Danica Patrick says she would be hesitant about committing to any offer from the new USF1 team, having admitted that she would have a lot to lose if a Formula One move did not succeed.

The IndyCar Series race-winner was one of several American drivers mentioned by the USF1 founders during the public launch of their plans.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73490

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    As you could see my source of information is the official formula 1 website and they don't allow copying images from the site because of the copyright act so I only have to rely on news without view. Otherwise they have some real classic photos of every car debut and some of the private testings this season.

As for the article Miss Danica wants to be sure enough that her team would be competitive. I don't know about the team but I certainly knows about her that she would never be competitive enough for F1 ever because we don't want another Heiki or even worse case another Takuma Sato in F1 we have one of both type and thats enough.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Danica Patricks says about F1: "Is it going to get in the way of my IndyCar season? Is it going to get in the way of my prior obligations? Is it going to make me tired? Is it going to be something that's not going to just really work into the schedule and then also is it something that I really want to do?"

She doesnt seem to know a whole lot about F1.... " would it interfere with the indy car season..." you've got to be kidding... I cringed while reading that article... it was almost like watching 'Meet the parents' for the first time...

Nice find Kracker Jack...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Well, you should have made a special effort to find pics given that this is lefty`s favourite team and car:p
    As for, Danica Patrick, like beglar said she doesn`t seem to know a great deal about F1, at least that`s the impression one gets from reading that article.

@beglar_begi
    The stuff you said along with

What if you go and do it and it doesn't go ideally or perfect and you don't set the world on fire? Then all of a sudden all you did was just open yourself up to criticism.
    LOL! so she believes she`s set the Indycar scene on fire with her ONE win so far. She is in a good team in IRL, and should stay there and posing on the cover of different magazines. F1 is not worthy of her talents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar and UK
    Thatswhy I said we have two drivers who don't know about F1 and we don't want another with such level of knowledge about F1. As for beglar's favourite car I don't know about it until you told me in your post next time I will do my best to get what beglar like.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like the team force india car about as much as I like drinking orange juice right after brushing my teeth (for those who cant read between the lines I despise it)... I partially blame TFI for USF1... this isnt A1 GP where your car claims to represent a country... why must national sentiments be brought into F1?

nope... not a fan at all...

@UK

and yeah I was gonna say that too... following her name they say 'race winner' as in a single race won and she has suddenly become this major force in indy racing?! David Letterman did the right thing by not renewing her contract in '07...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello secures new F1 deal

Rubens Barrichello will extend his record as the most experienced Formula One driver in history this year, autosport.com has learned, after agreeing a deal to race for the soon-to-be-renamed Honda Racing outfit.

Although it is understood that a final contract has not yet been signed, high level sources close to the Brackley-based team have confirmed that the veteran Brazilian has been given the nod to line up alongside Jenson Button in 2009.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73522

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa talks Lewis: Friends, attitude and ability

The suspicion that Lewis Hamilton has few, if any, friends on the grid has been endorsed by Felipe Massa's claim that the entire field were rooting for him last year in Brazil.

Heading into the final race of the season, Massa and Hamilton were the only two drivers still in the hunt for the World title with the Brazilian needing a victory and for Hamilton to lower than fifth in order to bag the crown.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...997520,00.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright Rubens... this cat has nine lives alright. I hope he has a great year. And I'm sure Bruno is gonna be in line to either replace him at the end of the season............ or will he be replacing kimi @ ferrari... ?!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclusive Sebastian Vettel Q&A: I am here to win

If Sunday’s Jerez timesheets were anything to go by, Red Bull’s RB5 could well be the surprise package of 2009. And with man of the moment Sebastian Vettel in the cockpit, the pairing could even prove to be a winning combination. But while Vettel admits he’s feeling positive, he’s quick to point out that racing is a very different matter to testing - he’s waiting until the season opener in Melbourne later this month to see if the car really can satisfy his ambitions…

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/3/8976.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The identity of future Ferrari driver or drivers is very well known. Both the drivers are currently driving Renault powered cars, and should Ferrari lose the drivers and constructors title this year, one of those two, the more accomplished one will be at Maranello, perhaps before the scheduled arrival of 2011. Ferrari don`t take very well to losing, the pressure from the tifosi is immense after the success of the Schumacher era. In the past they have fired people like Alain Prost from the team so a barren year could see them doing something drastic.

The winter testing times are hard to read into. Red Bull seems to be a car which is quick out of the box, but I am not sure Vettel is 1 second a lap quicker than Webber, which has beeen the case so far. Mclaren, either have a very superior car, and are sand bagging winter testing before blitzing the opposition or they are seriously screwed because the time from yesterday was again achieved by putting on a 2008 spec rear wing.
    So far only four teams, Mclaren, Ferrari, Renault and Red Bull ( who are using Renault engines and their KERS device) are likely to start the Australian GP with KERS. It`s all very hard to predict right now given all the wet weather teams have had to encounter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    So are you predicting that the first race will be a wet weather race or saying these wet weather testing some times create confusions about team's abilities.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

User Tag List