3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well the stewards gave the brawn GP car the green light before the complaint was lodged... what are the chances that the stewards are going to change their minds about the issue... if they had any doubts they would have rejected the diffuser design at first inspection. I think all other manufacturers will have to design new diffusers which sucks for red bull because their rear chasis setup does not allow for the diffuser design employed by Brawn GP and toyota and the other...
    The only reason that the FIA might decide to withdraw the stewards initial green light to the diffusers is that in doing so only three teams get screwed over (and they aren't heavy weights either)... quite a predicament...
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Look who have protested the three top runners with Red Bull. Well your saying about if their appeal is upheld I will not loose any of their chances of using them in the future this season but what if I choose them and they being ended up on the disqualified from the result what happens then I loose one chance of using them in the future and that is what I don't want. Also beglar have raised a good point, so its a wait to the final day when we are really sure who is running and who is not.:p
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclusive Theissen Q&A: Heidfeld will run KERS, Kubica won’t

When an unexpected challenger appears on the scene it always triggers suspicion, and during the final tests of the winter break, Brawn’s BGP001 has certainly been making waves.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/3/9053.html

Lookslike all the PFL members should take notes of the events going on around here before finalizing their choices specially BMW drivers as one is going heavy with KERS on board while the other is not.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Must say, I don`t know much about the Redbull except that they are the only team who have opted for a pullrod suspension which gives a lower center of gravity, but is a real headache to run.

The three teams have been given the green light to run but it`s far from over. The results of the first two races will be subject to appeal

I agree, it`s easy to make three teams re-design than it is to make seven. Ferrari will have to pull strings within FIA to get this over turned. FIA will have to come up with a solution that is acceptable to all parties. Ferrari don`t lose battles of this nature, they just change the rules ,and Brawn GP can`t possibly let go of their diffuser which is said to be worth half a second a lap.

@genius83

Mclaren didn`t object because Mercedes is the engine supplier for Brawn GP. The seven teams are in agreement about the diffuser being illegal.

It will be interesting to see the F1 fantasy league picks.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got this from James Allen`s blog. Posting the relevant part only.

h2a rel=bookmark" href=http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/ferrari-boss-its-a-make-or-break-year-for-kimi/"Ferrari boss - It’s a make or break year for Kimi/a
    /h2

Stefano Domenicali leads the Ferrari team into world championship battle next week for only the second year. The jovial 43 year old is the modern face of Ferrari, the man who has maintained the team at the highest level of competitiveness despite the departures of Schumacher, Brawn, Todt, Byrne and Martinelli.

The most interesting part is what he says, and more importantly what he implies, about his driver, Kimi Raikkonen.

“He seems motivated and thinner, apparently by three kilos. He knows that for him, as a driver and as a Ferrari man, that this will be an important season. He’s bright enough to understand that.”

And important for Ferrari to evaluate his future? “Most certainly.”

You don’t need to be a genius at reading between the lines to get what Domenicali is saying here. A repeat of last year’s performance would signal the end of Kimi at Ferrari.

In contrast, here’s what he says about Felipe Massa’s ’state of health’,
    “Very good. He’s totally matured as a driver. A year ago he set off with doubts hanging around him, now he’s going into this championship to win it. And he can do it.”

The interview was done by Pino Allievi, the veteran Gazzetta writer who broke the story at New Year about Alonso signing a Ferrari contract for 2011 with a clause for 2010 if Kimi underperforms. Here he makes no reference to Alonso. He doesn’t need to. It’s very clear what the situation is from Kimi’s point of view.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Practice One - Rosberg heads a Williams one-two/h2

For much of the first practice session of 2009, Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari held sway, but right at the end it was like old times from the Nineties as Williams went one-two, courtesy of Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9064.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

well the article is good but why the writer insults me by saying that You don’t need to be a genius at reading between the lines to get what Domenicali is saying here. I will lodge a protest against him and may be boycott his anyother articles in the future.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

That's right bro Chorna nahi un logon ko...

@UK

I've thought about this now and I really don't see how the three teams will get their race results stripped if the appeal after the Malaysian grand prix ends up in the Diffuzers being deemed illegal. Its would have been another thing if the Diffusers had turned up after the Aussie grand prix but the stewards have twice given them the green light. The way I see it they may declare the design illegal and ask them not to use it again but I don't see them stripping the team of the points.

And even if the team is stripped of its points I dont see the drivers loosing their points (if they score any of course)... there does exist a precedent where a team was stripped of all its points but the driver was allowed to keep his... who was that now... ?!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

That`s true. Sorry i didn`t read that bit carefully or else i would not have read the article any further. I`m glad you have brought it to our notice. We must boycott all he says in future

@beglar

That`s my understanding/feeling too. Even before they were given the green light i felt the teams will be stripped of their points, but the drivers will be allowed to keep their points a la Mclaren 2007. That doesn`t really help matters if you happen to be Ferrari. If, as expected, the Brawn GP cars run away with races in the first half of the season it will affect Ferrari the most as their drivers are most likely to take points off each other paving the way for someone else to be crowned world champion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I agree with you on that. The performance of the Brawn cars is going to hurt ferrari for sure. I watched the second half of the friday testing and I have to say the drivers aren't adapting to the slicks very well... towards the end of the session the track temperature began to go down and the cars started waddling off track... I think in the end kimi and massa sort of just stepped off... I was convinced when barrichelo put in a 1:30:something track time towards the end... the cars had stopped pushing.

From what I observed I would still back the ferraris for the first race simply because its really been a while since barrichello has been comptetitve in normal race conditions and it will be interesting to see how he copes with it. As far as I am concerned BUtton is not tested at this level. If either one scores a pole then that changes everything again. So the first race is a complete enigma.

On top of that the KERZ system and its balancing act has me confused again... so the system gives the cars a few second worth of juice which may help them when the cars begin to slide a bit but how much of a role will that play? The thing weighs somewhere between 30-50 kg of additional weight... apparently kimi and alonso have lost some weight to compensate for the added weight which i like by the way it shows kimi's head is in the game - lets face it if his headed isnt in it now his a$$ will be out of it next season - but also highlights the issue of the added weight...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

As if it wasn't confusing and hard enough already, the tire issue has been raised too. Soft are very soft and hard very hard. We only get free practice 3 here, don`t get free practice 1 and 2. From what i can gather from your post it seems tire degradation will be a huge issue on race day.

KERS should help. It gives something like 82bhp for a short time so we might see cars running with KERS having a huge advantage off the starting line.

I am not so sure about Ferrari. They have had reliability issues during testing and if the Brawn cars don`t break down i don`t see how Ferrari can match their pace. Brawn have been solid on long runs so it`s their race to lose. I fully expect one of the "diffuser three" to start from pole and in all probability have the front rrow to themselves. The rest of the field is fighting for third place really.

I expect Raikkonen to take care of business this season. Then again, i said that about him last year too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah I agree with you... If one of the Diffusion three get on pole (which they have a high probability of doing) then it would be their race to loose... but driver skill is going to play a massive role because the way the tires wreaked havoc towards the end there I have a feeling the advantage of the diffuser may be evened out which is why I give barrichello the edge over button (experience will count on that front)...

Tire degredtaion will be a huge issue from what I saw... some of these cars were 20 laps in... there was one particular chicane where the cars were over steering like anything... the drivers were compensating for the over steer before they were in the turn I've rarely seen that in modern F1...

Yeah Kimi seems to have his head screwed on the right way this time around. If you read his interviews he doesnt have that air of vagueness about him like he did last year. He seems a little more pumped... like a guy who does have something to loose... he has the talent it would be sad if he squandered it here... I really do think that if ferrari get their car setup right they will win the aussie grand prix... it was a little disconcerting to see how the williams pipped everyone towards the end of each practice session... And I had thought last years aussie race was filled with uncertainty...

By the by they were saying that overall the cars are 0.5 seconds faster than last year... !!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK and beglar

Give Williams something to celebrate about in last 13 or 14 years. Just a food for thought do you guys really think that these rule changes bring something good in the sports. Is there a chance for us motorsport fans to taste the flavour of sports from late 80's early 90's.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Going by what Christian Horner is saying it seems like the three teams are in a league of their own. Even if half of them fall by the way side, the best result is 4th place.

If the car is that fast and easy to drive as people make it out to be then Button will do well too, He is a very smooth driver. Doesn`t have the experience of Rubens, but in such a superior car the worst he can do is finish second behind his team mate.

@genisu83

Rosberg did his time on a 5 lap stint, not particularly heavy but nor was he running on fumes. They have the out and out pace, but their times on longer runs is not nearly as good as Brawn or Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2FIA sets diffuser appeal date/h2

A date has been set for the FIA International Court of Appeal hearing over the diffusers on the Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams cars.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9075.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Australian Grand Prix Qualifying Results

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -934731
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

season seems to be far more competitive (Y)
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

& Race starts at 110 A.M Pakistan Standard Time
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Pre-race weights - Brawn not running light/h2

For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel load. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session. The details from Melbourne show that Brawn GP were not running light, despite their impressive pace.

The weights, sorted by grid order, are:

1. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 664.5kg
    2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 666.5
    3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 657
    4. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 650
    5. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
    6. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
    7. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 655.5
    8. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 662
    9. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 691.5
    10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 680.7
    11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 690.6
    12. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 694.1
    13. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India 689
    14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 612.5
    15. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 675.5
    16. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 684.5
    17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 662.5
    18. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 655
    19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 670
    20. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 660

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9085.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How many of you have selected toyota as a team or any of the drivers because they will start the race from back of the grid.

h2Toyotas sent to back of grid for wing infringement/h2

The Toyotas of Timo Glock will start Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix from the back of the grid after stewards found their cars to be in contravention of the rules. They had qualified sixth and eighth respectively.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9084.html

if the above news don't concerned to you then this certainly will because reigning champion have been penalized for gear box change.

h2Hamilton to start 20th after gearbox penalty/h2

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton will start his first Grand Prix as reigning world champion from the back of the grid following a gearbox change in Melbourne.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9082.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

User Tag List